• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 31, 2009

Hi, I'm not allowed to PM yet as I'm still too new.. sorry. I will be attending the 3pm meet and greet as well, I also would like to do FE"S. Since I can't PM I hope the appropriate people can just grab my RSVP from here.
My name is Jennifer and I will be travelling with ds (14) and ds (13)

My friend and her ds (9) will be travelling with us in a different room. She reads the boards but has yet to join in...are they allowed to do the FE's and M&G?
I'll get back to you about the 7am in Cozumel...I would love to see the sunset but I also love my bed at that time.
Only 214 days (if I counted correctly):cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hi Jennifer. Don't forget to sign up for lanyards if you and your crew want them.

Your sons should join in when we have a kids' chat on our chat site. I have a ds (almost 13) that will be chatting.

.....the list is growing:goodvibes - I rreeaalllyy wwaannaaa say a huge thank you to all who are responding - ya get 2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2! Anywho - here is what we got so far:

The initial Meet & Greet will take place at 3pm (day one) - at the Prom Lounge.

Those who are attending are:

1) Dreams of travel
2) Nt Theory
3) Pam 775
4) TomRiversNjMickeyfan
5) WHAYES
6) Kaygee10
7) Renysmom
8) Bdette1971
9) Jnadelman
10)atotaltink
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)

Good Grief! ;)I am even throwing out the following EASY challenge to all - we get 18 TO 21 cabins show up for the initial M&G and ya got me up there singing during family Karoke night - and If I remember right - Family karoke night is on deck 4 midship at Studio Sea. Check yer personal navigators as I have informed by DISmeets buddy (out in Ventura Calif) that we get 18 cabins show up for the M&G...I will video tape the Karoke night and send it to her:scared1:&:rotfl:&:rotfl2:&popcorn::.....talk about a You tube moment here! :rolleyes1.

....Also, I plan on decorating my stateroom door and on it will be a message board so anyone is welcomed to write on it. I will be posting daily messages for all.
Also, should anyone wanna give me a shout out on an invite or just wanna stop on by to say hi well...how to do it is easy...just phne call my room. Should I not be in..well -- just follow my trip report - ya are bound to find me in that general area. Though I best operate if ya can pplleeaassee give me some advanced notice.

Ok....gonna stop fer now. A huge thank you for all of you and what you do.

and yes...there is another M&G.....7am Cozumel day....please meet at the soda drink station....so far we have 3 ship cabins signed up for it....please don't feel afraid to sign up fer it. AS we will be wlaking around the ship and taking some pics and just talking up a storm with all who would like to attend.T.T.F.N.

Kris

....I aasked my DISmeets friend and she didnt know. So thought I would pitch this to anyone who would like to reply:

the below is part of an e-mail is sent her:

"...I am 1/2 way thru watching , Cinderella (by the way...a huge thank you for the vhs) and I coulda swear that the voice of the prince's father's assistant sounds a lot like the character of "Sir Hiss" from the Disney's movie, "Robin Hood."

Have I been dippin into the Cool-aid again or do ya think I may have something here????

Question: is this a "Ask Dave" from the .com, "Disney Insider" question for him????

.....ok all of you..............any guess or is this a "ASk Dave" question???:confused3

- Kris

"we get 18 TO 21 cabins show up for the initial M&G and ya got me up there singing during family Karoke night"

You are scaring them into not "RSVPing" :lmao::lmao:

"and yes...there is another M&G.....7am Cozumel day....please meet at the soda drink station....so far we have 3 ship cabins signed up for it....please don't feel afraid to sign up fer it. AS we will be wlaking around the ship and taking some pics and just talking up a storm with all who would like to attend.T.T.F.N."

It's actually Grand Caymans day..

I know of at least 3 groups on the cruise who are traveling on DVC points, including us.. Question.. John and I were looking at the DVC insurance information and it is provided by IAG... Are you guys using AIG for your travel insurance or do you know another company, or are you not using it at all.

Just wondering what direction John and I should go with.

Have a great day!!

I know of at least 3 groups on the cruise who are traveling on DVC points, including us.. Question.. John and I were looking at the DVC insurance information and it is provided by IAG... Are you guys using AIG for your travel insurance or do you know another company, or are you not using it at all.

Just wondering what direction John and I should go with.

Have a great day!!

We are traveling on our DVC points for this cruise.
I've bought Travel Gaurd before and fortunately didn't have to use it. But you may want to check out insuremytrip.com. They offer many different companies, prices and coverages. I did find a couple policies less expensive than Travel Guard, and Travel Guard is one of the companies they offer. I still don't know if we'll get insurance. Our biggest concern coming from California is our flights. But, since we're coming out a week before the cruise I'm not too concerned about missing a flight. I figure we'll still get there in time.

Happy hunting.

.....the list is growing:goodvibes - I rreeaalllyy wwaannaaa say a huge thank you to all who are responding - ya get 2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2! Anywho - here is what we got so far:

The initial Meet & Greet will take place at 3pm (day one) - at the Prom Lounge.

Those who are attending are:

1) Dreams of travel
2) Nt Theory
3) Pam 775
4) TomRiversNjMickeyfan
5) WHAYES
6) Kaygee10
7) Renysmom
8) Bdette1971
9) Jnadelman
10)atotaltink
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)

....Also, I plan on decorating my stateroom door and on it will be a message board so anyone is welcomed to write on it. I will be posting daily messages for all.
Also, should anyone wanna give me a shout out on an invite or just wanna stop on by to say hi well...how to do it is easy...just phne call my room. Should I not be in..well -- just follow my trip report - ya are bound to find me in that general area. Though I best operate if ya can pplleeaassee give me some advanced notice.

Kris

Sounds like a good group for the m/g. I hope that everyone will just come to the m/g even without RSVPs! We have a long time before the cruise, and I hope we have a lot more join us here on the thread, on FB, and on our chat before we ship. :)

I will be decorating my door, as well. Working on backgrounds and such for my magnets already. I will have a white board on my door, too - possibly two of them. One will be used primarily for my family to keep track of each other. The other will be for friends to post notes on. :)

Hey ... those of you making/doing the FEs .... Don't forget to use a tie wrap to hold your FE on the fish hook. FEs have been known to disappear involuntarily. Sad, but it does happen. Tie wraps usually save them.

....I aasked my DISmeets friend and she didnt know. So thought I would pitch this to anyone who would like to reply:

the below is part of an e-mail is sent her:

"...I am 1/2 way thru watching , Cinderella (by the way...a huge thank you for the vhs) and I coulda swear that the voice of the prince's father's assistant sounds a lot like the character of "Sir Hiss" from the Disney's movie, "Robin Hood."

Have I been dippin into the Cool-aid again or do ya think I may have something here????

Question: is this a "Ask Dave" from the .com, "Disney Insider" question for him????

.....ok all of you..............any guess or is this a "ASk Dave" question???:confused3

- Kris

Based on IMDB - the person that did the voice for Sir Hiss is NOT listed in any way in Cinderella and does not have Cinderella on his list of credits.

"we get 18 TO 21 cabins show up for the initial M&G and ya got me up there singing during family Karoke night"

You are scaring them into not "RSVPing" :lmao::lmao:

"and yes...there is another M&G.....7am Cozumel day....please meet at the soda drink station....so far we have 3 ship cabins signed up for it....please don't feel afraid to sign up fer it. AS we will be wlaking around the ship and taking some pics and just talking up a storm with all who would like to attend.T.T.F.N."

It's actually Grand Caymans day..

Hey .... do we need RSVPs for the 7 AM Photowalk or are you just going with whoever shows up? I thought it was a 'whoever shows up thing,' but ... I'm not sure. :)

Hope you guys have an awesome weekend!! Dream about our trip!!! :)

Hello, everyone My name is Glo423 and this will be my first Disney Cruise. I'm friends with Bdette1971. I will like to be added to the fish extenders, meet and greet, and lanyards list please. Thanks.

Hello, everyone My name is Glo423 and this will be my first Disney Cruise. I'm friends with Bdette1971. I will like to be added to the fish extenders, meet and greet, and lanyards list please. Thanks.

Hi Glo! Nice to have you on the thread and on the cruise!

I will add you to the list for lanyards. After you post enough to PM, please PM me with

how many you'll need -

names for the name tags -

mailing address (for later) -

and if you prefer the zippered name tag holders or the regular ones -

I think that's all I need to know. I will go back a few pages and check.

Welcome!

Since it's not a real M/G but basically a photo opportunity no RSVP is needed as far as I am concerned...

I know I don't want to commit to too many things this far out cause I go with the flow alot on the ship. This just popped in my head the other day because I knew I was up early on every port arrival to take pictures and thought to invite others would be fun.

Oh and Shell... you WILL be there.. I have my ways :)

.....the list is growing:goodvibes - I rreeaalllyy wwaannaaa say a huge thank you to all who have chosen to respond - ya get 2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2! Anywho - here is what we got so far as thru you responding to be added to the list, it helps some of us who have made for some of you - a really nice cabin fish extender gift:goodvibes. It also shows a courtesy to others.

Example:

While onboard the Disney Wonder in January, I received (in my Fish Extender / in my stateroom) among other items:

1) A personalized Book Marker.
2) A personalized memo board.
3) Personalized key rings from that person's country (four of them).
4) Personalized in room cabin gifts....from two seperate fellow DISmeets cruisers.
5) a reallllyyyyyy nice O.B.C.

So....it tends to make it extremely difficult for the person who is giving this kind of a gift onto you to know who you are if you don't bother to acknowldge them in the form of a hello - much less an acknowledgement of a desire to attend the Meet & greet of some kind and or to even express a desire to attend ANY of the NUMEROUS Disney functions that are going on DAILY- or even to chat/ talk a few times on this board, etc.
In short, please keep in mind that the FE's are not just for minors. Some pretty cool/ nice FE gifts came my way while I was on the Wonder as I am attempting to "spread a little bit of Disney Magic here" come October and NOT start any issues nor encroach onto/into anyone's territory. *** :hippie:I come in peace *****:hippie:. Now, if the mood takes ya that you just don't feel like responding but want to show up, please feel free to attend as the initial Meet & Greet will take place at 3pm (day one) - at the Prom Lounge. On the other hand, for those of you who don't want to attend or do anything....well - kindly speaking here - um ah....please don't. I said that last sentence to be politically correct as to cover all aspects of the social animal that we humans are since this is a Disney cruise ship we have all choosen to be on.....not RCL nor CCL;):laughing:.

-Those who have been kind enuf to say they are attending are:

1) Dreams of travel
2) Nt Theory
3) Pam 775
4) TomRiversNjMickeyfan
5) WHAYES
6) Kaygee10
7) Renysmom
8) Bdette1971
9) Jnadelman
10)atotaltink
11)Glo423
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)

Good Grief! ;)I am even throwing out the following EASY challenge to all - we get 18 TO 21 cabins show up for the initial M&G and ya got me up there singing during family Karoke night - and If I remember right - Family karoke night is on deck 4 midship at Studio Sea. Check yer personal navigators as I have informed by DISmeets buddy (out in Ventura Calif) that we get 18-21 cabins show up for the M&G...I will video tape the Karoke night and send it to her:scared1:&:rotfl:&:rotfl2:&popcorn::.....talk about a You tube moment here! :rolleyes1.

and yes...there is another M&G (informal).....7am Grand Cayman day ...please meet at the soda drink station....so far we have 3 ship cabins who have expressed interest in this as we will be walking around the ship and taking some pics and just talking up a storm with all who would like to attend. Yyeess....this is a "if ya wanna show up - show up" event.......ssssooooooo - hey - If ya wanna show up - well.....show up.....just please....keep yer pics of me down to "under 10,ooo" as I just mmaayyy be looking like somethng the dog dragged in (I will be leaving Vista Spa Excer room at about 6:50am that day):scared1::laughing::rotfl:.

T.T.F.N. & thank you ntheory for answering that pesky "Sir Hiss" ? 4 me - that had me curious :goodvibes.

Kris

Hi there- my family and I *should* be at the Meet & Greet at 3pm. I've been hesistant to RSVP b/c I never know where we may be- last time we missed most of it b/c from the minute we boarded, my kids were in the pool, checking out the kid's clubs, generally exploring the boat. It was a kinda optional thing of this is where we'll be if you wanna say hi- we made it for a little bit. So, please put us as a yes, but pls don't hold it against us if we don't make it or are late!

Thanks,
Lorraine

"Hi there- my family and I *should* be at the Meet & Greet at 3pm. I've been hesistant to RSVP b/c I never know where we may be- last time we missed most of it b/c from the minute we boarded, my kids were in the pool, checking out the kid's clubs, generally exploring the boat. It was a kinda optional thing of this is where we'll be if you wanna say hi- we made it for a little bit. So, please put us as a yes, but pls don't hold it against us if we don't make it or are late!

Thanks,
Lorraine"

Hi Lorraine = Good to see you posting!!! Of course you will be at the M/G, it's a rule LOL... Only kidding...

I think everyone who has RSVP plans to be there but of course the excitement of the cruise can cause things that make someone not show up... I wouldn't worry about it for a minute . No one would ever hold it against you if you don't show or are late.. It's just a great chance to meet those who we are gabbing with for months... If you miss it, you still will get to meet others since many are wearing the lanyards and such... Since I am usually late for everything, I am sure I will be late for this as well. LOL

Talk soon

TO ANY PARENTS with kid's old enough to be on a chat room (with supervision, of course) .... we will be (***tentatively***) hosting a Kids' Chat tomorrow night at 8 PM on our chat site. If you've already chatted with us on the chat site, go ahead and get your child registered. If not, PM me for information on how to do that. I will be in the chat room the entire time that our kids are schedule to be on there - roughly from 8 until 9 or 9:30. If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

***** Just to note .... my daughter is very sick, and my plan is to be there tomorrow night. I will post on here if there is any change to the chat plan!!

Since it's not a real M/G but basically a photo opportunity no RSVP is needed as far as I am concerned...

I know I don't want to commit to too many things this far out cause I go with the flow alot on the ship. This just popped in my head the other day because I knew I was up early on every port arrival to take pictures and thought to invite others would be fun.

Oh and Shell... you WILL be there.. I have my ways :)

Okie doke. That's what I figured, but I just wanted to make sure.

You're welcome for the info on Sir Hiss! Love my Disney, so I will look anything I don't already know. :)

And .... I'm actually very excited about going on the photowalk .... if I can manage to get up in time. :) :confused3 (and ... NO .... I don't need help, Kelly!!!!) :)

.....the list is growing:goodvibes - I rreeaalllyy wwaannaaa say a huge thank you to all who have chosen to respond - ya get 2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2! Anywho - here is what we got so far as thru you responding to be added to the list, it helps some of us who have made for some of you - a really nice cabin fish extender gift:goodvibes. It also shows a courtesy to others.

Example:

While onboard the Disney Wonder in January, I received (in my Fish Extender / in my stateroom) among other items:

1) A personalized Book Marker.
2) A personalized memo board.
3) Personalized key rings from that person's country (four of them).
4) Personalized in room cabin gifts....from two seperate fellow DISmeets cruisers.
5) a reallllyyyyyy nice O.B.C.

So....it tends to make it extremely difficult for the person who is giving this kind of a gift onto you to know who you are if you don't bother to acknowldge them in the form of a hello - much less an acknowledgement of a desire to attend the Meet & greet of some kind and or to even express a desire to attend ANY of the NUMEROUS Disney functions that are going on DAILY- or even to chat/ talk a few times on this board, etc.
In short, please keep in mind that the FE's are not just for minors. Some pretty cool/ nice FE gifts came my way while I was on the Wonder as I am attempting to "spread a little bit of Disney Magic here" come October and NOT start any issues nor encroach onto/into anyone's territory. *** :hippie:I come in peace *****:hippie:. Now, if the mood takes ya that you just don't feel like responding but want to show up, please feel free to attend as the initial Meet & Greet will take place at 3pm (day one) - at the Prom Lounge. On the other hand, for those of you who don't want to attend or do anything....well - kindly speaking here - um ah....please don't. I said that last sentence to be politically correct as to cover all aspects of the social animal that we humans are since this is a Disney cruise ship we have all choosen to be on.....not RCL nor CCL;):laughing:.

T.T.F.N. & thank you ntheory for answering that pesky "Sir Hiss" ? 4 me - that had me curious :goodvibes.

Kris

Sounds like you got some great FE gifts last time!! I got a lot of wonderful things, too. I had to have another suitcase just for all the FE stuff that we brought home. It was an awesome part of our cruise. I must say, though, that I didn't go to the initial m/g for that cruse because it was my first cruise, I was with 8 other people, and that first day was a bit overwhelming. I think of the m/g as a time to say hi to people that I've been chatting with for 8 months, but not as a time to say 'thanks' or whatever to the FE participants. I don't even expect a 'thank you' for the things that we give. I just want folks to enjoy what we give and to have it add a little magic to their cruise. At that point, we won't even know what is being given yet, since it's the first day. I may never see or meet some of the people on the list to do FEs, but that's ok! I will just enjoy the opportunity to give to others and the occasional fun thing left in our FE.

With my family, we may take advantage of one or two organized activities, but for the most part, we enjoy finding things to do on our own. It's not that we're anti-social, because I assure you that I'm way TOO social most of the time (which is evident by the number of posts that I've had on this thread already!!!! :) :thumbsup2), but we're all on the ship for different reasons. Games and fun are great, but I love hanging out, taking pictures, and relaxing ... a LOT. :) I am going constantly when I'm here at home, and I need that time to chill on the ship. I don't get it often enough.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone on this thread - whether in the m/g or when I pass you on the ship with your lanyards on. It's going to be a great cruise.

Hi there- my family and I *should* be at the Meet & Greet at 3pm. I've been hesistant to RSVP b/c I never know where we may be- last time we missed most of it b/c from the minute we boarded, my kids were in the pool, checking out the kid's clubs, generally exploring the boat. It was a kinda optional thing of this is where we'll be if you wanna say hi- we made it for a little bit. So, please put us as a yes, but pls don't hold it against us if we don't make it or are late!

Thanks,
Lorraine

Glad to hear from you, Lorraine!!! I hope you're able to make it to the m/g, but if not, I TOTALLY understand that one. Been there, done that. :)

It's just a great chance to meet those who we are gabbing with for months... If you miss it, you still will get to meet others since many are wearing the lanyards and such... Since I am usually late for everything, I am sure I will be late for this as well. LOL

Talk soon

Hmmmmmm ... if you're planning to make sure I make the photowalk, maybe I need to make sure you get to the m/g on time .... Do I need to stalk you on the ship, Kelly????? :lmao:

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!!!

Question of the week ..... Other that the DISboard (and perhaps, Facebook....), what other hobby or interests do you have?

I will answer later this week. I need to take care of my sick 3 1/2 yo. :(

TO ANY PARENTS with kid's old enough to be on a chat room (with supervision, of course) .... we will be (***tentatively***) hosting a Kids' Chat tomorrow night at 8 PM on our chat site. If you've already chatted with us on the chat site, go ahead and get your child registered. If not, PM me for information on how to do that. I will be in the chat room the entire time that our kids are schedule to be on there - roughly from 8 until 9 or 9:30. If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

***** Just to note .... my daughter is very sick, and my plan is to be there tomorrow night. I will post on here if there is any change to the chat plan!!

Question of the week ..... Other that the DISboard (and perhaps, Facebook....), what other hobby or interests do you have?

(

Hi everyone! I am back! We had a blast in Williamsburg, VA this week. DD did very well at cheer competition. Her team came in 2nd which I was very proud of them since their warm up looked like they were still swimming at the water park. :scared1:

DD will be on chat tonight. I will check here to make sure it is still on. I just got her registered, although I hope I remember the password that i set up for her. What are the recommended ages for the chat tonight?

Shell - your daughter is still sick? What did the doctor say? Poor baby girl. :sick:

Questions of the Week
Right now, I have to say my only interest are these boards, or talking about Disney, or involved in DDs cheerleading. Actually, any sport my kids are involved in, but cheerleading has me consumed right now. I also love watching movies, and when I get a chance, pick up a good James Patterson book. That is me in a nutshell!

Some FE questions
1 - how did people start buying things when we don't have a head count yet
2 - how much do people typically spend on this. Is it really 1 item per person per day?
3 - how much room do we SERIOUSLY need to leave in our luggage to bring back stuff.
4 - if we get a lot of people, do we split it into 2 (more more) groups, or will it be one huge group?

Some FE questions
1 - how did people start buying things when we don't have a head count yet
2 - how much do people typically spend on this. Is it really 1 item per person per day?
3 - how much room do we SERIOUSLY need to leave in our luggage to bring back stuff.
4 - if we get a lot of people, do we split it into 2 (more more) groups, or will it be one huge group?

1 - I have not started buying/making yet. I have been working on ideas, that is as far as I have gotten so far.
2 - I have never done FE before. I am interested in this as well. My understanding is it is a choice if you want to do just once during the trip or more.
3 - I would hope that however much room you needed to take stuff down maybe how much room you need to bring stuff back.
4 - I would not think so. But if there is a lot, I would probably go back to question 2 and only do one time during the week.

Hey Everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that we have decided to cancel :sad1: this cruise and stay in Disney for the week instead. We had this western cruise booked for this Oct.2009 and another western next Oct. 2010 We also just did the western Oct-Nov. 2008. We have our Disney timeshare and decided to use it this year and let the kids experience the parks for a change a of pace. You guys will have an awesome time and if you rebook for the same time in 2010 then I will see you then!! Have Fun!!!:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,
Friends of mine are looking for a category 12 on this Halloween cruise. If anyone is cancelling or thinking about doing so (cat 12's only) would they mind sending me a PM so we can try to grab it before it goes back in the pot...Thanks

oh yah and only 7 months and 2 days till Magic time:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We just realized that we past our half way mark to the cruise. This of course is different for everyone depending on when you booked. But fur us it was a great feeling considering we booked 15+ months out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter