• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 31, 2009

FYI .... here is what the lanyards from my last cruise looked like. I plan to do something similar, but unique to us. :)

DDlanyard.jpg

Hmmmm ... one thing you can't see on that picture is that under my 'name' is my screen name. Everyone in my family had my screen name under their own name. That gave us a connection to the person on the thread. Make sense???

Also - ***Just first names for the name tags****

Feel free to send me a pm or post your responses - we are doing ok so far with the sign up list. But I know we can use a few more people so lets don't be shy.:goodvibes

Also....ya know....possibly I or the computer has been dipping into the kool-aid AGAIN....but can someone please help me and make sure that I have been added to the "Fish Extenders" list????????:) I have been RREEAALLYY going all out to make my FE gifts.. and have spent a lot of hrs crafting them (only 1/2 way through :surfweb:) .....and besides... I have been known to make my FE drop off "rounds" at rather odd hours.....:laughing: :rolleyes1 :rotfl: anywho - everytime I check for the updated list....my screen goes blank....can one of you please be so kind as to e-mail me the update list???? I owe you bigtime for this :worship:
I can see the updated cabin list but no the FE list - help!

Thanks 4 listening

kris

Good evening -- I have looked through all of the pages on this post in an attempt to update our "shipmate" list and "fish extender exchange" list. If you were not included on one or another list, I PM'd you with the requested information. If you have NOT been PM'd by me and would like to be included, please PM me and I will inform you on what we would like to include on our lists. Thank you to everyone who is participating in our "shipmate" list! We are looking forward to a successful "fish extender exchange" on this HAUNTED cruise!!! If you haven't had a chance to check out the website yet, please do so at: http://renysplace.com/cruise09/cruise09index.html

Susan

....can you add me to the "Fish Extender" list???????????:worship:

I owe ya!

Kris

Feel free to send me a pm or post your responses - we are doing ok so far with the sign up list. But I know we can use a few more people so lets don't be shy.:goodvibes

Also....ya know....possibly I or the computer has been dipping into the kool-aid AGAIN....but can someone please help me and make sure that I have been added to the "Fish Extenders" list????????:) I have been RREEAALLYY going all out to make my FE gifts.. and have spent a lot of hrs crafting them (only 1/2 way through :surfweb:) .....and besides... I have been known to make my FE drop off "rounds" at rather odd hours.....:laughing: :rolleyes1 :rotfl: anywho - everytime I check for the updated list....my screen goes blank....can one of you please be so kind as to e-mail me the update list???? I owe you bigtime for this :worship:
I can see the updated cabin list but no the FE list - help!

Thanks 4 listening

kris

Woohoo!!!!!! I can't wait to see what you've come up with, Kris!!!! What kind of crafting do you do?

I'm into stamping and paper crafts. I am hoping to make FE gifts, too, but that will depend on my time ... :rolleyes:

Ok .... How about we start a 'Question of the Week' so that we can get to know each other a little better before the cruise????

First question - for that that want to participate -

What are you MOST looking forward to on the cruise???

For me, I think it will be all the photo opportunities and the luxury on the ship and room service (ya know ... there's just too much to choose from!!!).

For my dh, it's hearing all the stories my dd will have about her clubs and the ice cream bar.

For my ds, it's Ocean Quest and Pinocchio's Pizza and fishing on CC.

For my dd, it's her club and seeing characters and CMs that we met last time.

Spending a week with my son (22) and his fiance (22). Since they both live 2 hours away and Brian works 24 hours shifts (he is a firefighter) we don't get to spend alot of quality time with them and they are so much fun to hang with.

Itook 1100 pics on my 4 day last year, wonder how many I can take on a 7 day?? Photography is my hobby and rarely am I seen without a camera. So you have all been warned LOL

Anything after that will be a bonus :)

Spending a week with my son (22) and his fiance (22). Since they both live 2 hours away and Brian works 24 hours shifts (he is a firefighter) we don't get to spend alot of quality time with them and they are so much fun to hang with.

Itook 1100 pics on my 4 day last year, wonder how many I can take on a 7 day?? Photography is my hobby and rarely am I seen without a camera. So you have all been warned LOL

Anything after that will be a bonus :)

I hope you have the most awesome time and make the most awesome memories with your family. :)

My hobby, too. I have a camera 24/7. I took over 3050 on our 7-day in September. :rolleyes: The fact that my camera is waterproof helps with that! LOL! I took it on our excursion to play with the dolphins and in the water at CC.

We'll have to compare photo counts after the cruise is over! LOL!

Woohoo!!!!!! I can't wait to see what you've come up with, Kris!!!! What kind of crafting do you do?

I'm into stamping and paper crafts. I am hoping to make FE gifts, too, but that will depend on my time ... :rolleyes:

Ok .... How about we start a 'Question of the Week' so that we can get to know each other a little better before the cruise????

For me, I think it will be all the photo opportunities and the luxury on the ship and room service (ya know ... there's just too much to choose from!!!).

For my dh, it's hearing all the stories my dd will have about her clubs and the ice cream bar.

For my dd, it's her club and seeing characters and CMs that we met last time.

....you raise good questions...and that word in your posting, "Pinocchio" caught my eye as I bought the dvd yesterday...loking forward to finishing it tonight.....I never knew it was that ol cricket himself singing, "When you Wish Upon A Star" and yes....that's a clue as to what I am crafting for all of ya's.
Well.... I have been putting together a little something for all of you that has literally taken on a life of its own...but it really is beginning to take shape and I am proud to say that I am now 1/2 done with it. Its a something that you think its easy to do but once you get started.........
anywho -
"What do I look forward to the most while on the Magic?" wow...that REAlly is a tough question......Generally..I would say seeing new places (never been to Key West and I love Jimmy Buffett music and all things "Key lime") and meeting new people and having fun all things Disney-wise.
More specifically, I would say what I look forward to the most is 1) being able to see beautiful sunrises and sunsets on a Disney cruise ship and just marvel at what our creator has given all of us.
That And I have "rreeaallyy" fallen head over heals for the Vista Spa - gonna just CAMP out at that place:woohoo: all week:cloud9: .
ok....my favorite Disney character is Goofy......what about you??? Who is your favorite character???????
all right....its been real - gotta got fer now.... Thank you all for getting my name on the FE list:goodvibes
-
Kris

For my dd, it's her club and seeing characters and CMs that we met last time.[/QUOTE]

For me, it's pirate night and getting all dressed up for dinner! I know it's silly but I really look forward to it.
My daughter loves the Princesses so seeing them with her is priceless!
My son can not wait for the lab! He visited it once on our first cruise and is soo excited to go!
My husband it so looking forward to a massage at serenity bay!
I am just excited about it all! I can not wait until October!

What I am most looking forward to?
For me, it is just about everything. We have not cruised DCL before so it is hard to narrow down. I am looking forward to the entire experience.
The laughing, the playing with my kids, the relaxing, the food, the shows, Castaway Cay.

I have just booked this cruise and I am so excited:cheer2: I will be travelling with DS's 14 and 13 as well as with my friend and her DS9. This is our first cruise and I can hardly wait...you all look like a fun group of people.

Please count me in on the FE's. I will try to PM the person in charge (if I can figure out how to PM..sorry, new to Dis boards)
As for the question..What am I looking forward to...it's very simple...everything.

Please count me in on the FE's. I will try to PM the person in charge (if I can figure out how to PM..sorry, new to Dis boards)
As for the question..What am I looking forward to...it's very simple...everything.

Total Tink welcome aboard. We have a great group cruising together and the excitement is just picking up over the last few weeks so you have joined at a great time.

To PM someone just click on their screen name, you will get a drop down and you pick Private Message. Very easy.

I updated the fish extender list this morning... Let me know if I missed anyone

Kelly

Great job!!!!! Thanks, Kelly!!!!

I can't wait to get started on all of this. Gotta plan my oldest son's graduation first (not the party ... the graduation. We home school.).

I have just booked this cruise and I am so excited:cheer2: I will be travelling with DS's 14 and 13 as well as with my friend and her DS9. This is our first cruise and I can hardly wait...you all look like a fun group of people.

Welcome!!! Great to hear that your sons are that age. I will have my 13 year old son with me, too.

Don't forget to PM me if you want in on the lanyards.

SuzieQmomof4

I just noticed we will be next door neighbors on the cruise :cool1: :cool1:

I dont recall if you have cruised before? We stayed in your cabin on the Wonder last year. I have photo's and video if you need to see your view :thumbsup2

Actually, many of us are on deck 6, port side. We will be taking that hall over for sure :)

Kelly[/QUOTE]

I updated the fish extender list this morning... Let me know if I missed anyone

Kelly

wow! I am noticing something here as well....looks like we are top heavy with cabin numbers that start with a 6 - looks like a lot of us will be neighbors - way too cool:yay: .
Anywho - a HHUUGGEE thank you for updating all the lists - Me?? well.... I have 16 cabin FE gifts finished now.....so looks like LB & I will be at it over the next few weeks completing the rest of them (she's my "4 legged assistant" ).;)
And ....speaking of lists...........let's don't be shy in signing up for a "Meet and Greet" social get together for all of us - including children & teenagers.
We have a few cabin numbers wanting to do this and I know we will be getting more as the date of departure gets nearer. Please remember that this really isn't just a one time thing....we will be seeing each other literally for a whole week so why not jump in & say to your fellow neighbor on a daily basis?
I need to know your opinions so I can begin to get together a list a people who would like to participate :goodvibes . So far we have 6 staterooms who have expressed interest with 3 of them wanting option #2 as listed below but again, I would like to have input from you so we can get together a big ol mess of people for some good Disney fun.
When it comes to picking the time and location for the initial M&G, I go with what the majority of you have to say.... so lets get with it and pm or e-mail me or give this page a good posting:cool1: .

Example: So far - we have ideas of: 3pm on day one
(location?): TBA

2) 9:30pm (& ongoing) day one
(where in Beat Street? will know in a few more weeks)

3) ?? I welcome your ideas/suggestions -

It's very easy to say "hello" in my direction while on this cruise. Just read my DCL "pre-trippy" report found on this website and you will know the general area of where I can be found. I have no problem helping anyone of you who may feel a little nervous meeting up for the 1st time and saying "Hi" in a large group setting and rest assured that we are all here for a little bit of Disney fun.
While I was on the Disney Wonder in January, a lot of us (after the intitial Meet & Greet) wound up meeting around the 9:30-1opm area every night in the Route 66 area (the equivalent of the Disney Magic's Beat Street area) and had a total blast unwinding / relaxing and enjoying the nightly Disney activities from 9:30pm "ish" until about 1:30am.
So feel free to pm me (to get signed up or just have a suggestion) or send a posting to this DISmeets section of this website and let's get this boat a rockin!
:idea: AFTER ALL.....I-F all cabin's participate here........ya just might have me up there singing during Karoke night! :laughing: :confused: popcorn:: :eek: and.....:rotfl2:

- Kris

For my DD - It is just to get on the ship again. :lovestruc

DS is sleeping and DH at work so I will have to ask them later.

For me - Doing things I did not get to do the last time (wine tasting anyone?)
Looking forward to flying instead of driving to FL :cool1:
getting to meet everyone here (did not participate in Meet & Greet last time)
Rebooking while on board:rotfl:

For us it is relaxation and fun! It is so nice sitting on the deck or on our balcony watching the ocean, the sunrise & sunset and beautiful clouds in the sky. I am really looking forward to the 7 night cruise. We have only been on 3 nights before. I'm sure it will be great!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

As you can see from the "shipmates" list, there are only two of us on the cruise. That means that we will be placed with strangers for dining. We were lucky on our first cruise and sat with some really nice people. However, we may not be lucky again. Is there anyone out there with the late seating that would be interested in having some fellow DISers at your table?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter