• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OCTOBER 30th & NOVEMBER 3rd Cruises (FE and Meets)

We're home!

We had a great time and it was truely sad to leave the Dream. The kids were even more disappointed. One thing they don't know is that we rebooked for 2013!

I also think I have some kind of delayed motion sickness. Still feel the swaying of the boat. More so yesterday....and just a bit today. Kids came home with a cold so looks like we're going to stay in and rest up for the week to come. Back to the grind of the real world!

We're home!

We had a great time and it was truely sad to leave the Dream. The kids were even more disappointed. One thing they don't know is that we rebooked for 2013!

I also think I have some kind of delayed motion sickness. Still feel the swaying of the boat. More so yesterday....and just a bit today. Kids came home with a cold so looks like we're going to stay in and rest up for the week to come. Back to the grind of the real world!

After 13 DCL trips and 2 on other lines, my DH and I refer to that feeling after we get off as our ship moments. For me they stop pretty quick, but DH has had at times for a few weeks. I leave my sea sick patch on for 2 days after we get home, and DH takes Dramamine if they become bothersome. They lessen with time, but can be annoying for sure.

So glad you wre able to rebook onboard. We never made it to the future cruise desk, but did drop off our request for quotes, and they never got back to us. I would have booked a dummy date, but they didn't seem to want our rebooking onboard. Thankfully DH and I both work at WDW, so we will just plan a week next year and hope the cruise opens up at a cast member rate!

It was so great meeting fellow DISers onboard! Our only real disappointment we had was there was no Disney Dreams show on the Disney Dream. Believe was pretty good IMO, but Disney Dreams is sooooo much better! That show alone is worth booking a cruise on the Magic or Wonder. Of course I can hope it lands on the Fantasy!

1st cruise that we had magnets stolen from our door. The generic ones walked off.

DH is back to work today, and DD is at school. I will be headng to work at 2pm at the Emporium at the Magic Kingdom. Getting off a Disney Cruise is never fun, but I am happy to be working at WDW...seems to make it less painful.

Stephanie

We left the boat a little sad because it was over soooo fast. But what an incredible ship!! Beautiful is not word enough for it.

We met some fellow dis-sers (that was one of my favorite things this trip) and received a ton of great gifts. Thank you.

I hope you all saw me at some point on the ship. I was the one on the knee board OR the wheel chair with the leg extended. LOL Also hubby and I were bags of M&Ms--plain and peanut--for Halloween costume time.

My gift to all of you was the Painted Frame (in Disney ship colors) with Mickey/Minnie on the left side and the word "dream" on the other side bounded by Mickey hands. On the back I had the picture of the itinerary. It was fun to make. I began working on them throughout the summer.

Unfortunately, I was unable to complete the scrapbook page (and I was the organizer--giant OOPS). I did go down to the 4th deck to meet with those who might've done it, but no one was there.

We did book two more cruises..next year a three day (this is really a dummy date) and the next one on the Fantasy for 2013 Nov 30-Dec 6 Eastern.

It was so great meeting you and running into you all over the ship! We love our photo frame! It is going on our cruise wall at the top of the stairs near our bedrooms. This wall always makes us smile!

Hope to cruise with you again someday!

Stephanie

Need help!

I am missing one of my navigators from the voyage. Does anyone have an extra navigator for Oct. 31st that they can mail to me?? I'm a big scrapbooker and the navigators are a huge part of my book. Please let me know if you have one so I can send you my address or a SASE!

Thanks fellow DISers!!!!

Need help!

I am missing one of my navigators from the voyage. Does anyone have an extra navigator for Oct. 31st that they can mail to me?? I'm a big scrapbooker and the navigators are a huge part of my book. Please let me know if you have one so I can send you my address or a SASE!

Thanks fellow DISers!!!!

I'll even take scanned copies!!!

Hi All,

Just back this morning from our B2B, and wanted to thank everyone for the FEs. They were wonderful.

We enjoyed being back on the Dream and saw numerous changes and suggestions that were implemented (and a couple that still need work). The wait staff has improved astronomically from the MV. We can't wait now for the Fantasy MV.

Some how, coming back we added about 20Lbs to the luggage, sure glad we took Southwest and four bags. Must have been all those FEs since we didn't buy that much in the store and only four bottles of Rum.

We also lost one magnet (that I know of) off the door. Main reason that I didn't want to put the fancy stuff up. Unfortunately, people are people and some are slime.

Loved the Halloween on the ship. I actually liked that it was rainy and forced us indoors as there is AC indoors.. :)

It was great fun scary people without actually having to do much but walk up..
Holly took a picture of me later that evening...

death%20watching%202.jpg

Not sure about the folks they picked for the contest.. I thought there was much better ones in the room...

Can't wait to do this again one year..

Loved the Halloween on the ship. I actually liked that it was rainy and forced us indoors as there is AC indoors.. :)

Not sure about the folks they picked for the contest.. I thought there was much better ones in the room...

Ohhh, I saw you. You where standing right next to my wife and freaked her out!!!!!

Here we are:

i-BsxTS7K-X3.jpg

I totally agree with the contest choices. The judges walked right passed us and EVERYONE who saw said we had great costumes.....the M & M's. :confused3

LOL

We had a good time in spite of that, though.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seemed to have had that affect on a lot of people (crew included) that night.. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Love the picture, but who was the fellow in the red shirt that snuck in the picture. :lmao:

Yeah, I know the ugly one that does not fit with a crazy look on his face.:confused3

Thanks for a great FE experience! We had a great time delivering our gifts and really enjoyed the surprises that were delivered to our pockets. We were able to rebook for October of 2013. We really enjoyed our first DCL experience. We had an awesome waitstaff (Dumitru and Benjamin) and hope to see them on our next cruise. Still "swaying" a bit. Hopefully it stops soon. Not making us sick, just feels a bit weird.

death%20watching%202.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! Olivia was so freaked out by your costume!! I even told her it was probably a fellow Diser and possibly even you! Funny.

We also had a great time and thank you all for the wonderful FE gifts. We are still at Bay Lake Tower and heading over to DHS today. Originally planned to be up and out early but everyone is exhausted and the babies and I are sick with colds. I was a hand washing fanatic all week but I guess it doesn't matter when you have a teething baby who chews and drools all over you.

Sad that vacation ends tomorrow and back to the super cold weather in MA. Off to get ready to try and get on to TSM. Wish us luck!!

We are also in Orlando at Bonnet Creek. Very Sad because we're leaving today BUT not before we make one more stop at Disney Village. Yay! Then it's off to St. Louis over the next two days.

Thanks for the FE gifts!! They were great, especially the Picture Frame and Tiles (going to add cork to the bottom and use for coasters). I know we didn't get a lot of gifts being on Concierge. 2 things I know about Concierge: 1. Doors are not magnetic and you can't use any type of adhesive. 2. Gates are locked all day unless someone leaves one open by mistake.

Had the seas not been so rough, our meet would have been great. Sorry didn't get to meet a lot of you. Hope to see some of you on other cruises.

Take Care,
Shane

Thanks for the FE gifts!! They were great, especially the Picture Frame and Tiles (going to add cork to the bottom and use for coasters). I know we didn't get a lot of gifts being on Concierge. 2 things I know about Concierge: 1. Doors are not magnetic and you can't use any type of adhesive. 2. Gates are locked all day unless someone leaves one open by mistake.

Had the seas not been so rough, our meet would have been great. Sorry didn't get to meet a lot of you. Hope to see some of you on other cruises.

Take Care,
Shane

Tiles? That must be one of the ones that we never got. I think our last minute upgrade may have caused confusion with FE delivery. We changed our stateroom number on the master list, and even picked up quite a few at our old room. I am sure a few disappeared from our stateroom FE as well...oh well, DD had a great time checking our FE often!!! We delivered to 51 staterooms, and received about 18-21 gifts. This was our 1st cruise where magnets were taken off our door as well. Oh well, it was fun, and we had a great cruise! Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter