• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OCTOBER 30th & NOVEMBER 3rd Cruises (FE and Meets)

My 6 for today:

1. Krispy Creme
2. Pool
3. Shopping for Disney stuff (pins, collectibles)
4. Finding the Hidden Mickeys
5. Time with hubby!!!

SCRAPBOOKING exchange Info:

We will meet on Deck 4 in one of the lounges on the day at sea between 10-10:30 am (if that's acceptable for all) -- stay tuned. I'm still researching the best lounge area that will offer us good lighting, quiet atmosphere, and time for exchange. Loving it!!!!

So where do we go if the weather is bad in Nassau? Lilys wish was to swim with the dolphins at Atlantis. So we are booked there. Not through Disney though. Where do they go otherwise?? We also booked a room at Comfort Inn to get the Atlantis access for the rest of the family. Now I'm getting stressed :(

Don't despair just yet. My experience with "scattered thunderstorms" is that it's scattered, which means we might NOT get ANY rain while we're in port. If the tropical storm hangs more in the Caribbean (because we know that tropical storms are not predictable), we'll have a great opportunity to get a great day in Nassau, especially in the morning.

Atlantis has a ton of things to do. Lily will have a grand time. I'm believing she'll swim with those dolphins!!!

See you REAL soon!!

Today is the final morning for any FE changes...

I will be printing them out this afternoon for the door copies (we fly out Wednesday 10/26 morning at 6am).

http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20111030/fe_list.htm

If any one needs a hardcopy, they and the Master list (for cabin upgrade/move changes) will be posted on our cabin door #5538 (once we get into it )..

Stress level: High! Going to my happy place and I bet you can guess where that is. 1 week from today we'll be basking in Caribbean sunshine. Can't come soon enough.

Weather looks better for Nassau on Monday 10/31...but still showing 60% of showers for the Bahamas for Tues/Wed. I hope the weather is great for all that are doing excursions, and for those of us staying on the ship! The best part about a sea day is they will steer us out of bad weather, and into sunshine if at all possible. They can also flip our sea day and Castaway Cay day to try to get the best weather and cruise experience for us too.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/BFXX0005

Weather looks better for Nassau on Monday 10/31...but still showing 60% of showers for the Bahamas for Tues/Wed. I hope the weather is great for all that are doing excursions, and for those of us staying on the ship! The best part about a sea day is they will steer us out of bad weather, and into sunshine if at all possible. They can also flip our sea day and Castaway Cay day to try to get the best weather and cruise experience for us too.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/BFXX0005

Thanks! That does look much better for the 31st. Hopefully the other days will change as well. Weather.com is calling for pure rain for Thursday Nov 4th and Friday Nov 5th in Orlando for after cruise WDW plans. Keeping positive thoughts that it will change to pure sun :goodvibes!

Question:

We are schedule for the Atlantis Aquaventure (4 of us, think $$$), what are the chances that they switch Nassau with Castway to provide better weather chances for Castway? Making Atlantis Aquaventure a possible rain out day.

Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeeee!
Happy Birthday to me! :dance3:

Just wanted to share in my joy of turning the BIG 29! One more year in my 20's and I'm gonna live it up! Can't wait tp celebrate on the dream in 6 MORE DAYS!!! :mickeyjum

Happy Happy Birthday MissUsa82! :wizard:

Today is the final morning for any FE changes...

I will be printing them out this afternoon for the door copies (we fly out Wednesday 10/26 morning at 6am).

http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20111030/fe_list.htm

If any one needs a hardcopy, they and the Master list (for cabin upgrade/move changes) will be posted on our cabin door #5538 (once we get into it )..

We will be in 7762/7168 tentatively.
MAW and DCL are working to switch our rooms with someone in one of the adjoining rooms for us. Fingers crossed it works out.
Just look for the Fish Extender with our names on it (JEN, JIM, AUSTIN, LIAM, LILY, BELLA) or the Make A Wish magnet sticker on the door.

I'm hoping we can meet up with Nathan and have him and Lily take a photo together in their Make A Wish shirts. It's so interesting how differently each State MAW chapter does its wishes.

Lily had a very rough night last night and we are trying to rush a change in medication for her today so she can get some much needed rest before the trip. We haven't traveled by plane as a family since before she was diagnosed. So this is a big deal. When we have flown with her, we take red eyes and give her vallium and her meds so she sleeps through the whole flight. MAW is sponsored by Alaska Airlines and they don't do red eyes. So we're on an early morning flight. They did get us a buffer day in Orlando so that if they had to land the plane or we had any delays or issues, we still had time to make the cruise. If not, we have a free military pass for Sea World and will spend the day there and at Downtown Disney.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I wish I'd have found (or I guess remembered? I've apparently been a member since 2008?) this site sooner.
We just finished all our FE gifts to pass out. The kids are SUPER excited about it.
Tomorrow is Jim's last day of work before he goes on leave. He hasn't had leave since he returned home from Iraq last year.

We will be in 7762/7168 tentatively.
MAW and DCL are working to switch our rooms with someone in one of the adjoining rooms for us. Fingers crossed it works out.
Just look for the Fish Extender with our names on it (JEN, JIM, AUSTIN, LIAM, LILY, BELLA) or the Make A Wish magnet sticker on the door.

Will there be only one FE with all your names. If so, I only need one cabin number.

I can still leave it GTY until your check in and then you can stop by our cabin and fill in the actual number.

Question:

We are schedule for the Atlantis Aquaventure (4 of us, think $$$), what are the chances that they switch Nassau with Castway to provide better weather chances for Castway? Making Atlantis Aquaventure a possible rain out day.

Do you think they would do this?

On our 2005 4-night, we went back to CC, instead of our sea day, since the weather was bad. The Captain made the announcement that evening, between dinners. Few were listening in the main atrium, then all looked up at us, when we started cheering.

In 2007, the weather was such that our 7-night went to Nassau, instead of CC. The consolation was that the Wonder was there that day, too. We were told that the 2 sisters weren't in the same port on the same day more than a handful of times, ever. (at the time)

In 2008, Grand Cayman closed their port, so that became a sea day, while they worked on finding another port to go to. I correctly predicted Key West (not many other options, I'd say).

They change itineraries when they have to, in order to avoid storms, etc. As you can see, we've never sailed the exact itinerary we booked. ('08 was actually changed twice prior to embarkation, I think) Since we're on this cruise, I'd prepare for anything...

Does anyone know Nathan's age, the other make a wish child that will be joining us? I am trying to get a few things together for him...

Thanks!

Does anyone know Nathan's age, the other make a wish child that will be joining us? I am trying to get a few things together for him...

Thanks!

The only info I have is that his name is Nathan and he is a 6 year old boy.

I have no cabin number for the FE list as of yet...

On our 2005 4-night, we went back to CC, instead of our sea day, since the weather was bad. The Captain made the announcement that evening, between dinners. Few were listening in the main atrium, then all looked up at us, when we started cheering.

In 2007, the weather was such that our 7-night went to Nassau, instead of CC. The consolation was that the Wonder was there that day, too. We were told that the 2 sisters weren't in the same port on the same day more than a handful of times, ever. (at the time)

In 2008, Grand Cayman closed their port, so that became a sea day, while they worked on finding another port to go to. I correctly predicted Key West (not many other options, I'd say).

They change itineraries when they have to, in order to avoid storms, etc. As you can see, we've never sailed the exact itinerary we booked. ('08 was actually changed twice prior to embarkation, I think) Since we're on this cruise, I'd prepare for anything...

Well, at least we know who to blame if it changes!! LOL! :rotfl2:

I'd hate to miss CC, but since we barely made it last time we'll just be glad to be on the ship and able to check it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter