• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OCTOBER 30th & NOVEMBER 3rd Cruises (FE and Meets)

We did a fair amount of packing yesterday as well. Everyone is getting really excited now we're getting down to the nitty gritty.

Still haven't seen or heard if we're planning on any kind of meet and greet. Not sure where we'd do it or when, but it would be nice to put some names and faces together since we've all been chatting here for so long. I like the idea of the adult meet on the first night. I'm guessing my three will be very busy in the Edge so DW and I should be free to get together for a meet.

Well, I think there's enough responses to make the Adult meet official:

:wizard: What: Adult Disers Meet and Greet
:wizard: When: October 30th 2011
:wizard: Time: 10:00pm
:wizard: Where: Quiet Cove Adult Pool Area - Deck 11 forward

:flower:In case of inclement weather, the meet will be held within the Cove Cafe.

Any ideas for the family meet? On the Dream it seems like there are less available places to gather for a large group....

We could try the Vista Cafe on deck 4. From the pictures I've seen there appears to be some tables and chairs but I don't know how many.

Or if the weather is okay - we could try the Waves bar up on deck 12?

OK thought I may as well ask over here as I'm sure someone here knows, did DCL change the alcohol policy as they were planning to or not yet?

Hi, We are driving down on Wed the 26th from Waterloo. Probably leave around 3pm. Hoping to get to Washington, PA and stop there for the night. We were going to drive through the night but decided it was not for us. We want to be at AKL early Fri morning so we can go to the MNSSHP on Fri night! :thumbsup2

We'll be at AKL and doing MNSSHP on Friday as well! Kidani or Jambo?

OK thought I may as well ask over here as I'm sure someone here knows, did DCL change the alcohol policy as they were planning to or not yet?

No they did not end up making the change. You can still carry on unlimited alcohol (I have two bottles of champagne and 12 pre mixed drinks packed in my carry on along with 24 cans of diet pepsi and 3 710 ml bottles of Canada Dry gingerale).

Welp, My family and I are mostly packed up just waiting a couple more days for the final check off.

I just got some kind of cold or infection so I guess its good that it didn't come next week!

Less then 2 weeks.. can't believe it

We are in Jambo, got a 40% off PIN so this is the first time we've been on property at a Deluxe (always wanted to stay at AKL, yeah!!), but still 2 nights is pricey compared to our RCI exchange. I chose MNSSHP prior to cruise because everyone on the boards said it is better than the MVMCP. We were going to do both but I changed my mind after Legoland was announced, my boys are gonna go crazy over that place! We are doing nothing but sitting by the AKL pool on Sat! :yay:

Is it my imagination or are a WHOLE bunch of cruisers....pjpoohbear, grandmax4 etc missing in action? Am I missing another thread they are participating in?:confused3

I really need to start packing:confused3. I did get out the suitcases, and measured them so the kids can take one as a carry on. I only plan on checking two. Any deals on rental cars? I checked an a 12 passenger van is over 200.00 for one day:scared1: Debating on 2 smaller cars.
Will be there at 10 the first night to meet everyone. Going to talk the grandparents into babysitting!

I read every day, I have to get work and FE gifts done before we leave on Sunday.

:)

Pj

Our gamble on the GTY and trying for an upgrade paid off! We were originally booked in an inside stateroom, however, decided that the virtual porthole would be great to see, but we would chance an oceanview or higher. So, we switched at no cost to a 9A gty...got a room with an obstructed view and not the best stateroom reports, so I sucked it up, and paid the $72 difference for us 3 to move to an 8A gty. Just got our stateroom assignment, 5680...we have a verandah :-) Stateroom reviews are mixed, but we usually fall asleep with the tv on, so not too worried about the noise. So excited to be AFT vs Forward! Deck 5 with the clubs down the hall plus a surprise verandah for DD...12 more days!

Stephanie

For the FE (unless it changes before sail date)

The Beal Family (Peter, Stephanie, & Kayla) were in 9603, then GTY, now 5680. Thanks!

I really need to start packing:confused3. I did get out the suitcases, and measured them so the kids can take one as a carry on. I only plan on checking two. Any deals on rental cars? I checked an a 12 passenger van is over 200.00 for one day:scared1: Debating on 2 smaller cars.
Will be there at 10 the first night to meet everyone. Going to talk the grandparents into babysitting!

Have you tried Priceline? I generally have luck on getting great deals on minivans through them.

Our gamble on the GTY and trying for an upgrade paid off! We were originally booked in an inside stateroom, however, decided that the virtual porthole would be great to see, but we would chance an oceanview or higher. So, we switched at no cost to a 9A gty...got a room with an obstructed view and not the best stateroom reports, so I sucked it up, and paid the $72 difference for us 3 to move to an 8A gty. Just got our stateroom assignment, 5680...we have a verandah :-) Stateroom reviews are mixed, but we usually fall asleep with the tv on, so not too worried about the noise. So excited to be AFT vs Forward! Deck 5 with the clubs down the hall plus a surprise verandah for DD...12 more days!

Stephanie

For the FE (unless it changes before sail date)

The Beal Family (Peter, Stephanie, & Kayla) were in 9603, then GTY, now 5680. Thanks!

You stateroom has been added... :thumbsup2

Now we just need a cabin number for:
GTY Phototech11 2 2 Jason, Leigh Anna, Allie (20), Kate (10)

We are likely to have a Make-A-Wish recipient on our cruise.

Nathan Contreras from Tuscon Arizona has had tenuous health this fall but is now well enough. The MAW Reveal will the the 22nd so the family does not know the stateroom or travel arrangements at this time.

If I get his stateroom number before we cruise I will post it here. If not, I will try to get it to Mike's door for the master list--OK, Mike?

I suspect MAW will cover their tips, but I have no idea about spending money. I do know they have big medical bills. If anyone wants to leave money I suggest it be done via Guest Services or the Cruise Director so it is secure. But, again, don't feel obligated.

:grouphug:
Jan

Awesome! Please let us know if you hear the details in time to post on here. My husband and I will be on the cruise with a large group, and I know many of them would love to help make this little guys cruise more magical. Several years ago, I traveled with a family whose daughter had Leukemia. It was wonderful watching the cast members going out of their way to make it magical for her.
Also, we'll be at AKL for 3 nights before the cruise, and doing MNSSHP on the 27th. Still haven't decided on our costumes though!
:eek:

No they did not end up making the change. You can still carry on unlimited alcohol (I have two bottles of champagne and 12 pre mixed drinks packed in my carry on along with 24 cans of diet pepsi and 3 710 ml bottles of Canada Dry gingerale).

Thanks that's great! I thought it hadn't been!

Looks like a few of us will be at AKL prior to cruise. We will be at Kidani using our points but will be venturing over to Jambo for dining.

Legoland does look awesome. I wish it had been in FL when my 13 yr old was a little younger. We owned every Lego out there. He loved them and could put the big ones together in no time at all, usually without directions!! I'm sure we'll visit when the little boys get bigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter