OCTOBER 30th & NOVEMBER 3rd Cruises (FE and Meets)

We finally went to WWoHP this past August. It is really something to see. At 9:30 the lines were HUGE. Around 2pm thelines were much better.

Since we live in Orlando, I would agree...especially for August. We became annual passholders in March, and we have gone so many times. We never race right to WWoHP right away in the morning when we go to IoA. We generally start in Seussland, and then make it to WWoHP lunch time or a little later, so we can walk in without getting the return time ticket they use for busier times. Thankfully, October is a great month to visit the theme parks! I have an app on my iphone that is all the Universal wait times...it works really good. The lines for the Forbidden Journey are almost non-existant after 3 or 4pm. Single rider is a great option to ride again, but I would suggest going through the entire queue at least once...we love the castle!

We are likely to have a Make-A-Wish recipient on our cruise.

Nathan Contreras from Tuscon Arizona has had tenuous health this fall but is now well enough. The MAW Reveal will the the 22nd so the family does not know the stateroom or travel arrangements at this time.

Due to his health Mom has not participated in or read our thread as she did not want to get her hopes up or his. She knows about FE but is not planning to participate due to the uncertainty of the trip and cost.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/morning_show/cnn-honors-tucson-boy-with-cystic-fibrosis-10052011

If I get his stateroom number before we cruise I will post it here. If not, I will try to get it to Mike's door for the master list--OK, Mike?

I do not think anyone should feel obligated. This kid will be inundated with gifts from MAW and DCL if the reports of previous MAW recipients is any indication. But if you have extras and want to drop something by, they are not likely to have a FE on their fish since they did not plan to participate so you may want to take a grocery bag. Maybe someone will donate a collection unit, who knows.

I suspect MAW will cover their tips, but I have no idea about spending money. I do know they have big medical bills. If anyone wants to leave money I suggest it be done via Guest Services or the Cruise Director so it is secure. But, again, don't feel obligated.

:grouphug:
Jan

Yay! How exciting! WWoHP is fun! Be sure to enjoy a butterbeer. We always get ours inside the Hog's Head bar...less of a line! We prefer the regular, but many others prefer the frozen. We really have fun at IoA and Universal Studios. Are you doing both parks or just 1?

Stephanie

We are just doing IOA this time. I think there is more there to interest an almost-8 y.o. and a 5 y.o. We can't wait to do Seuss Landing. They have seen some Dudley Do-Right and Popeye cartoons so we are ready for those rides. I just found a copy of the Jurassic Park storybook (a picture book of the movie without the super scary parts) at the library so they can get more out of Camp Jurassic without having the crap scared out of them by the movie. We are also brushing up on our Spiderman. Neither one is tall enough to ride the Hulk Coaster or Dr. Doom, so we don't have to cover those stories. We are in the middle of Book 6 of the Harry Potter series and they are fanatics. DD5 wanted to be Ginny for Halloween, but decided she would be too hot in her cloak and she knew she couldn't bring her broomstick, so we went with Belle instead.

I am for sure getting butterbeer. Thanks for the tip about the Hogs Head. We are looking at QS places for lunch. I am leaning toward Blondie's. Any reviews yea or nay?

We got a deal on the Doubletree Inn across the street from the park that included early admission to WWoHP so we are going to try to hit it early. Unfortunately, my DD is about 1 inch too short to actually ride FJ, but I think she will still enjoy the queue. They are both also looking forward to Ollivander's and Honeyduke's, but we may come back and shop there later in the afternoon. Do the lines for Ollivander's get shorter in the afternoon too?

We are leaving 2 weeks from today. 2 WEEKS! We are spending Saturday at WWoHP and the girls are sooooo excited. (I might be a little excited too.) I've got all my FE things ready to go but I am starting to get nervous about fitting everything in the suitcases. Did I mention that we leave in 2 weeks!?! :dance3:

It is hard to believe in 2 weeks we will be checking into Grand Floridian for a short stay before the cruise:cool1::banana:

Just want to make sure everyone puts their FE holders out when they get to their room on the first day. I plan to hand out my FE gifts early (hopefuly while DS naps with grandma, so around 2:00) so everyone has their ID cards identifying them as Disers that I made. :thumbsup2

Is it ok to hang the gift from the fish if someones FE holder isn't out yet?

I would think it is ok to hang it up, but if you are talking about embarkation day, some might not even be on board when you start delivering. If it is packed in the luggage, who knows when it will get there! I keep our FE and magnets with us in the carry-on. Once the rooms are available, I go check on it and decorate the door/hang the FE.

I only have to keep the secret two weeks and 1 day!!!

Yay! How exciting! WWoHP is fun! Be sure to enjoy a butterbeer. We always get ours inside the Hog's Head bar...less of a line! We prefer the regular, but many others prefer the frozen. We really have fun at IoA and Universal Studios. Are you doing both parks or just 1?

Stephanie

We went to IOA today and bought the Butter Beer...not a fan of it at all. Tastes like Really sweet caramel rootbeer...we had fun though!

We are just doing IOA this time. I think there is more there to interest an almost-8 y.o. and a 5 y.o. We can't wait to do Seuss Landing. They have seen some Dudley Do-Right and Popeye cartoons so we are ready for those rides. I just found a copy of the Jurassic Park storybook (a picture book of the movie without the super scary parts) at the library so they can get more out of Camp Jurassic without having the crap scared out of them by the movie. We are also brushing up on our Spiderman. Neither one is tall enough to ride the Hulk Coaster or Dr. Doom, so we don't have to cover those stories. We are in the middle of Book 6 of the Harry Potter series and they are fanatics. DD5 wanted to be Ginny for Halloween, but decided she would be too hot in her cloak and she knew she couldn't bring her broomstick, so we went with Belle instead.

I am for sure getting butterbeer. Thanks for the tip about the Hogs Head. We are looking at QS places for lunch. I am leaning toward Blondie's. Any reviews yea or nay?

We got a deal on the Doubletree Inn across the street from the park that included early admission to WWoHP so we are going to try to hit it early. Unfortunately, my DD is about 1 inch too short to actually ride FJ, but I think she will still enjoy the queue. They are both also looking forward to Ollivander's and Honeyduke's, but we may come back and shop there later in the afternoon. Do the lines for Ollivander's get shorter in the afternoon too?

Take advantage of the early entry! I would definitely do Ollivanders and Forbidden Journey early. Our DD is tall enough for FJ, and has ridden, but it was very intense. She loved the ride itself but couldn't stand the spiders, dragon, and dementors...even though she has seen the movies and we are reading the series. DD loves walking the queue still...it's a great time. My favorite room is the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. We have never done Ollivander's as I won't wait in an hour+ line to see a little show and then have to buy DD a $30 wand because it's awesome! I do love Honeydukes. I would suggest the Three Broomsticks for quick service lunch! It's in WWoHP, they sewrve all sorts of yummy food...plus the atmosphere is awesome! In Hog's Head, DH and I generally get the Hog's Head Amber (forgot to mention that). It's a pretty good amber beer, exclusive to WWoHP.

Oh, I didn't realize 3 Broomsticks was QS. We will definitely have to do that.

We have budgeted for the wands this one time (we're not likely to be back there any time soon). I hope we don't have to wait that long for the show, though. :scared1:

My goal this weekend is to finish DD7's Halloween costume. Then I just have 2 pirate shirts to make and I can start packing. Yay!

Oh, I didn't realize 3 Broomsticks was QS. We will definitely have to do that.

We have budgeted for the wands this one time (we're not likely to be back there any time soon). I hope we don't have to wait that long for the show, though. :scared1:

My goal this weekend is to finish DD7's Halloween costume. Then I just have 2 pirate shirts to make and I can start packing. Yay!

The Wand store was neat but I didn't find a wand that appealed to me.. But then I found one at ThinkGeek.com (http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/home-entertainment/cf9b/?srp=5) it is definitly the wand for me... just need to get the right incantation to spell my wife into getting me a Xmas gift.. :rolleyes:

Hi all, We are driving down from Waterloo, Ontario for our first cruise! Me (Lesley), DH (Mark), DS1 (Owen, 5 yrs) DS2 (Spencer 4yrs) and DD (Zoe Rose 1yr) are all very excited to see the Dream!

Hi all, We are driving down from Waterloo, Ontario for our first cruise! Me (Lesley), DH (Mark), DS1 (Owen, 5 yrs) DS2 (Spencer 4yrs) and DD (Zoe Rose 1yr) are all very excited to see the Dream!

I got your pm let ppartekim know that you want to join the FE and your stateroom number. I'm not in charge of keeping the list. :goodvibes

When are you leaving? We're from Toronto (well, Scarborough) and we're leaving around 4pm on the 26th and driving down.

Hi All! 12 days until we leave! So excited. We are having Nolan's One year birthday party today! Should be fun. The weather is in the 60's (nice for MA in October) a Mickey Mouse jumpy and a great caterer. Nice weather,good food, family and friends equal a perfect day. Let's hope for all the same ingredients for our cruise! Talk soon

Jen

2 weeks from right now we are boarding the Dream. :cool1:

The weather in Nassau has been awful! Rain and thunderstorms everyday. Maybe the forecast is just like FL and it just means it rains a little every afternoon.

2 weeks from right now we are boarding the Dream. :cool1:

The weather in Nassau has been awful! Rain and thunderstorms everyday. Maybe the forecast is just like FL and it just means it rains a little every afternoon.

I'm in Orlando and we haven't had any rain since last weekend. Nice weather in the high 80's...kinda cloudy today so make we'll get a sprinkle!

Hi, We are driving down on Wed the 26th from Waterloo. Probably leave around 3pm. Hoping to get to Washington, PA and stop there for the night. We were going to drive through the night but decided it was not for us. We want to be at AKL early Fri morning so we can go to the MNSSHP on Fri night! :thumbsup2

Hi, We are driving down on Wed the 26th from Waterloo. Probably leave around 3pm. Hoping to get to Washington, PA and stop there for the night. We were going to drive through the night but decided it was not for us. We want to be at AKL early Fri morning so we can go to the MNSSHP on Fri night! :thumbsup2

We will be arriving at AKL for two nights on Thursday. Doing MNSSHP on Thursday.

Can't believe the cruise is almost here. So much to do still and running out of time. YIKES!!!

Today I'm bringing out the suitcases and start to fill them up--LOVE that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter