• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OCTOBER 30th & NOVEMBER 3rd Cruises (FE and Meets)

Does anyone know what the fitness room is like? Do they have free weights (dumbells in particular)? I am doing P90X and would like to continue my workouts as usual. I am bringing bands just in case though.:thanks:

I usually get to the fitness center to run on the treadmill or do the eliptical...while I haven't used the free weights, I believe that they are there...at least on the Magic and Wonder!

Hi All

Thanks for very warm welcome. PPARTEKIM, I am still not entitled to mail you direct yet but THANK YOU for adding us to the FE list. My sons are very very excited!!! Our cabins are 8526 (Dan, Ryan 12 and Sean 7) and 8524 (Gerry and Christina). Don't worry if its too late for the adults, just the kids in 8526 would be great.

As this is our first Halloween cruise, can anyone advise if there is trick or treating throughout the boat on the 31st so that we can load up on goodies for the kids. Halloween is not a very big event in Singapore so it will be an eye opener for the kids to see all the costumes!

Cheers Chris

PS Can any experienced Disney cruisers out there tell us whether our room locations are any good? We literally just booked yesterday so there wasn't much choice left. Looks like its going to be a fullcruise :cheer2:

Updated and added the second room to the FE list. While you are added, I will caution you that since it after the official tally, you may not receive FE's from everyone (some used the official tally as their order number) others may have extra (like us) knowing there will be others added later. By no means let this stop you from hanging and enjoying in the fun... :thumbsup2

As for Halloween, it will be celebrated on the ship on Halloween (big surprise). We haven't done a ship Halloween either but have done several MNSSHPs in the parks. I know I will have both a pirate and Halloween costume on the cruise... pirate: :scared1:

Going to be busy in Orlando for the next several weeks with Photoshoots! If you all don't know I am a photographer in Orlando and tis the season for family portraits! Hoping to spear some time to actually start packing for the cruise!

Just got my FE in the mail today! What do you think?

007.jpg

That is wonderful, people can be so talented!!

Does anyone know what the fitness room is like? Do they have free weights (dumbells in particular)? I am doing P90X and would like to continue my workouts as usual. I am bringing bands just in case though.:thanks:

I am glad to hear P90X works from some, my fiance did it one night with his friend and then proceeded to get sick in his driveway after :rotfl: He said it was definitely for someone in somewhat good shape :)

missUSA82 I really like your FE. My daughter and I can't wait to see all the FE's on the ship.

ryansean, as far as your room goes, any place on the ship is a good place to be:) Actually, the nice thing about deck 8 is the decks above and below are stateroom only decks so 8 should be pretty quiet. At least that's what we are hoping.

Hopefully our kids can meet up, I have a 12 year old son and 11 year old twins boy and girl. We're on the same floor 8130.

Hi Mickeygolf,

Our party of 14 people includes 3 boys all on Deck 8, one 12 year-old, one 9 year-old, and one 8 year old. We'll see you on the ship. We're also on the same side of the ship as you, just more aft. LOL

I am glad to hear P90X works from some, my fiance did it one night with his friend and then proceeded to get sick in his driveway after :rotfl: He said it was definitely for someone in somewhat good shape :)

If he got sick, then he was definately giving it his all. They say at the begining that if you're not ready, maybe try p90 instead.

This will be our first cruise( discounting the 6 months I spent on a flat bottom naval ship). I'm hoping I dont get too crazy with all the food.

I've read in some TR's that the fitness center on the Dream is one of the areas where it is better than the "classic" ships. We'll see in 19 days...

Hi All

Thanks for very warm welcome. PPARTEKIM, I am still not entitled to mail you direct yet but THANK YOU for adding us to the FE list. My sons are very very excited!!! Our cabins are 8526 (Dan, Ryan 12 and Sean 7) and 8524 (Gerry and Christina). Don't worry if its too late for the adults, just the kids in 8526 would be great.

As this is our first Halloween cruise, can anyone advise if there is trick or treating throughout the boat on the 31st so that we can load up on goodies for the kids. Halloween is not a very big event in Singapore so it will be an eye opener for the kids to see all the costumes!

Cheers Chris

PS Can any experienced Disney cruisers out there tell us whether our room locations are any good? We literally just booked yesterday so there wasn't much choice left. Looks like its going to be a fullcruise :cheer2:

Hi Chris,
Just to let you know. Even though it's just my hubby and me in our cabin (we are a party of 14 altogether), I've made enough FE gifts to include you and your sons. No worries.

Hi everyone!!
My partner and I were invited to the thread by ArielRae. We would like to join for the meet. Not sure if we will have FE made yet. It's always great to meet new people on the ship. Let us know of the place and time.

Thanks
Shane

Hi Mickeygolf

Great! Will let my 12year old Ryan know that your boys are nearby. He is a bit apprehensive going to the tweens club alone *** his little brother is only 7 and will be going to Oceaneers.

:banana::banana: We leave two weeks from tonight! :banana::banana:

I'm so excited about this vacation but of course, today I received a notice that for 3 (!) separate hiring processes I applied for last month, on October 26th (we're leaving right after I'm done work that day), I will be sent written self assessments that I will need to complete and return by email on November 2nd. Each of the 3 validated self assessments is for between 6 - 8 different compentencies (like strategic thinking, initiative, client service excellence). Based on past experience I'm looking at writing between 1500 - 2000 words for each assignment.

The only reasons for rescheduling are "death in the family, medical reasons, and religious observance".

I've sent back that I'll be on in the middle of the Caribbean on a cruise ship so I'm hoping they'll allow that as a different reason to reschedule. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do :confused3 . Does anyone have any experience trying to email large attachments using the internet at sea? I know the internet is done through satelitte and is generally slow. I wasn't planning on taking a lap top on vacation with me but it's looking like I might have to. :headache:

Hi Mickeygolf

Great! Will let my 12year old Ryan know that your boys are nearby. He is a bit apprehensive going to the tweens club alone *** his little brother is only 7 and will be going to Oceaneers.

My oldest boy will turn 12 the day after the cruise.

I'm a little surprised that being so close to Cruise time, that this thread has slowed so much. I remember if I didn't log on for two days, there was alot of catching up to do. Guess everyone must be busy packing.

According to the FE list provided by ppartekim (thank you by the way!!) and as of this date 10/12, I've composed a spreadsheet that lists all the babies, children, teens, young adults by each of their ages...

Below is the list I have. Those in a blue highlight are those added after 9/01.

1 year old or less: Nolan, Drew
2 year-old or less: Sydney, Carson, Conner (20 mths), Jack (18 mths), Landon
3 years: Jayson
4 years: Nichole, Molly
5 years: Sophie, Arianna, Layla, Marissa
6 years: Luke, Rachel
7 years: Amelia, Kian, Colin, Ryan, Kayla, Alicia, Abby, Christian, Sean
8 years: Leah, Hailey, Briar, Quinn, Noah, Brandon (bday 10/30)
9 years: Kaya, Christian, Damien, Alyzea Maggie, Kierra
10 years: Parker, Dylan, Aiden, Robbie, Hailey, Kate
11 years: Lauren, Tyler (bday 11/4 will turn 12), Paige, Peyton, Cassandra
12 years: Jaxson, Austin, Ryan, Shea,
13 years: Austin, Cameron, Zachary, Adam
14 years: Tianna, Olivia
15 years: Ashleigh (bday Nov 2)
17 years: Alicia
18 years: Tori, Mp
20 years: Allie

According to the FE list provided by ppartekim (thank you by the way!!) and as of this date 10/12, I've composed a spreadsheet that lists all the babies, children, teens, young adults by each of their ages...

Below is the list I have. Those in a blue highlight are those added after 9/01. There are two children that have no age listed: Tori, friend of Tori.

1 year old or less: Nolan, Drew
2 year-old or less: Sydney, Carson, Conner (20 mths), Jack (18 mths), Landon
3 years: Jason
4 years: Nichole, Molly
5 years: Sophie, Arianna, Layla, Marissa
6 years: Luke, Rachel
7 years: Amelia, Kian, Colin, Ryan, Kayla, Alicia, Abby, Christian
8 years: Leah, Hailey, Briar, Alyzea, Quinn, Noah, Brandon (bday 10/30)
9 years: Kaya, Christian, Damien, Maggie, Kierra
10 years: Parker, Dylan, Aiden, Robbie, Hailey, Kate
11 years: Lauren, Tyler (bday 11/4 will turn 12), Paige, Peyton, Cassandra
12 years: Jaxson, Austin, Ryan, Shea, Ryan
13 years: Austin, Cameron, Zachary, Adam
14 years: Tianna
15 years: Ashleigh (bday Nov 2)
17 years: Alicia
20 years: Allie

Hi! I'm Tori I'm 18 and my friend Mp (boy) is 18 as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter