OCTOBER 30th & NOVEMBER 3rd Cruises (FE and Meets)

Thanks! That helps. It's so hard not knowing what to expect. I will feel much better once we get our first cruise under our belts.

Thanks! That helps. It's so hard not knowing what to expect. I will feel much better once we get our first cruise under our belts.

And by your 50th, all you'll care about is that you've packed your swimsuit and FEs (plane travel clothes will work for the rest) :rotfl:

thanks for updating attire i am fine either way i dont think i am dressing up i will go cruise casual as of right now unless a custume catches my eye and is kinda cheap i am done spending extras i just want to pack and go to excited to worry. cant wait for all the pixie dust and fun we all will have.. wow 3 more wkend till sail away

Hi everyone. 25 days and counting! I will probably print the FE list sometime this weekend and package up all the goodies. I have ordered some additional magnets and goodies for our door...love vistaprint and artscow for free items! For those looking for an inexpensive FE for your door...vistaprint has free tote bags...you could hang one off the fish :-)

DH (Peter) and I had a great race at the Disney Wine & Dine half marathon on Saturday night. We both got our personal best. Now I am on my training plan already for Disney Princess in February. DH is going to run that one with me...normally he's a few miles ahead of me. It is an early 40th birthday gift...this will be my 1st race in my next decade.

24 days and we will be driving to Cape Canveral for our pre-night stay at CI&S. I think we will try to go early and enjoy a few hours at Kennedy Space Center.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Stephanie

Great job Stephanie!

I am so excited for the Wine & Dine next month - my first half!

How did your 1st half marathon go? I hope you enjoyed it! DH-Pete and I both set new PR's. I am beyond excited as I took nearly 2 minutes off my time from 3 weeks ago at Disneyland. Still working to get a sub-3 hour time, but I will take my 3:10:32. DH set his PR at 2:19:58. (2 more ghalf marathons on the books, WDW in Jan and Princess in Feb...thinking of the innagural Rock n' Roll St. Petersburg, FL in Feb too...yep I am slightly crazy!)

Stephanie

DH (Peter) and I had a great race at the Disney Wine & Dine half marathon on Saturday night. We both got our personal best. Now I am on my training plan already for Disney Princess in February. DH is going to run that one with me...normally he's a few miles ahead of me. It is an early 40th birthday gift...this will be my 1st race in my next decade.

24 days and we will be driving to Cape Canveral for our pre-night stay at CI&S. I think we will try to go early and enjoy a few hours at Kennedy Space Center.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Stephanie

Congrats oh your PR's. I have not run a half yet. would like Wine and Dine to be my first but not sure if my knees are going to cooperate. We are also staying at CI&S the night before. Kidani for 2 night before that.

Congrats oh your PR's. I have not run a half yet. would like Wine and Dine to be my first but not sure if my knees are going to cooperate. We are also staying at CI&S the night before. Kidani for 2 night before that.

I understand the knees. I had knee surgery in 1991, and here I am running now. I use the Jeff Galloway run/walk method. I fininshed Sat night with a pace of 14:32/mile, so yep, I'm a slow one, but not too sore after, I had fun, and got some great exercise. I use a 30/30 interval. My hubby used to run 5k's and 10k's without stopping...until he started using the Galloway method, where in a race he knocked 3 minutes off his best 5k time. He ran with a 1:30/30 interval Sat night, got his PR for the 1/2. Disney races are so much fun! We are registered for the WDW half in Jan, and Princess in Feb. I think we are also going to do the St. Petersburg, FL innagural Rock n' Roll 1/2 in Feb. I hope you take the plunge and get a 1/2 marathon as an accomplishment. It is a great feeling!

We may bump into you at CI & S. We are a family of 3...DH-Pete, myself (Stephanie), and DD-Kayla, age 7. I am sure we will be at the pool after dinner at Rusty's!

Stephanie

Hi everyone. 25 days and counting! I will probably print the FE list sometime this weekend and package up all the goodies.

No need to print the FE list out so early. Folks may still have updates to the list until Oct 23rd when I will make printouts for us to take.

After Oct 23rd all updates will be to the Master List attached to our cabin door (5538).

Reminder to all. I will have paper copies on my cabin door if someone wants one. There will also be a Master List on the door for updates/moves/etc. and CS will make copies for people if you ask nicely. :)

Well, I ended up booking the Yacht Club for the night before the cruise. My dad suggested we stay somewhere we haven't stayed before. I had considered SSR but I'm just not crazy over the decor or the fold out couch. I was able to use the Canadian code to save 30% and we got a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower with a king bed and a daybed for the 1 night.

And of course, staying at the Yacht Club meant dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse :thumbsup2 so I booked a late dinner (8:30pm). Breakfast before the cruise will probably be room service though I'm considering going to Olivia's at OKW - something about banana bread french toast or a breakfast cuban is just calling to me.

Breakfast is the one meal that I do feel is a let down on the ship - the eggs tasted funny and the breakfast potatoes were deep fried and greasy - I think that's why I have such a hankering for a good breakfast before we get on the ship and I've booked Kona for the morning we get off the ship.

I have been having conference calls and meetings for the last two days telling people why they have not been sucessful in the hiring processes I'm running and it's been rough. I am so ready for this trip! :woohoo::woohoo:

I finally finished my FE. Here is a picture (not a very good one). I did it with a Halloween theme. I know it will make it harder to reuse, but I had so much fun making it, I will just do another one for the next cruise. :thumbsup2

IMG_3279.jpg
[/IMG]

I finally finished my FE. Here is a picture (not a very good one). I did it with a Halloween theme. I know it will make it harder to reuse, but I had so much fun making it, I will just do another one for the next cruise. :thumbsup2

IMG_3279.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks spooky enough for me... Where did you find the fabric?

We may bump into you at CI & S. We are a family of 3...DH-Pete, myself (Stephanie), and DD-Kayla, age 7. I am sure we will be at the pool after dinner at Rusty's!

Stephanie

We are at CI&S, too. I think we are hoping to make it to Rusty's in time to see the Magic sail away on Saturday night!

I am soooo ready for this!

Thanks.. Told my wife and she said it was already gone at our local JoAnne's.. :(

I don't think ours ever had it. I have been in there regularly, especially very early when they were just putting fall stuff out and never saw Disney fabrics. I love it, though! Very cute FE.

I would have loved to make an outfit with it.

Hi Everyone!

I'm just about finished with my FE for all cabins...I hope you LOVE them! hehe
Can't wait to meet everyone.

**** We have reservations at Country Inn & Suites on Saturday night (Oct 29th) before the cruise Sunday. We have one extra room that I'm going to cancel, if anyone would like to snatch this one up. It's for 2 queen beds, non smoking. The price quote on our reservation is $125 plus taxes. Don't know what the price would be now, though I think if anyone gets a higher quote and would like to take this reservation (just change the name), you could let me know about that and I could call the hotel and see if I could do that. Just saying...
This motel includes a complimentary breakfast, free shuttle to port, and parking for your vehicle on premises (for a very small fee) while we're on our cruise.

For those doing the scrapbooking exchange, please let me know what your status is on your projects, if any. I haven't yet started either, BUT I do have all the material (sticker, paper, embellishments) to work on it. Are we still at 4 people? If you aren't doing it any longer, please let me know that, too.

This past week, I've worked on getting our magnets for our door finished. Today, I'm bringing out the suitcases to pack those things I know I won't need until cruise time. Packing one suitcase for our FE gifts alone. Good thing we're driving down. LOL

See you all soon.

Looked up some navigators from a 4 night in August and the dress themes were:

1) Casual
2) Optional dress up
3) Pirate
4) Casual

So are they substiuting optional dress up with Halloween or are they moving optional dress up to night 4? at any rate it's optional so I'm not going to worry about it.

Random comments:
Very nice FE!

Congrats on the PR in the half-marathon!

Anybody thinking of doing the CC 5k?

We're also wondering about dress up night vs. Halloween. We'll probably dress up, to get better use out of the nice clothes we're bringing. Plan is to use them again later in the week at V&A's.

Must go feed the dog now...

Thanks, everyone! I had fun making the FE.

I had started packing things I thought we were done with and now we are having a heat wave, so we may need that stuff again. Jeesh!

We have a countdown going and it makes it go so FAST! Our flight leaves for Orlando 3 weeks from tomorrow. :dance3:

I am wrapping up FE gifts this weekend. Then I have to get to work on DD7's Halloween costume. DD5 is all set to be Belle and we bought her costume at the Disney store. I am also haunting Goodwill to find all the components for mine and DH's costumes. I can't wait to meet you all in 3 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter