OCTOBER 30th & NOVEMBER 3rd Cruises (FE and Meets)

I'd love to make a mickey tye dye if it does not have sewing.
For the nanaheads someone designed a logo and we all ordered shirts.
Simple way to identify on the firstday is for everyone to wear the same color shirt.Or have a disboard mickey hanging either from lanyard or a bag.

Rolling right into Fall here also, temp is 67 and overcast. Been raining off & on for days. School closed today due to river cresting, roads closed so no buses.

DH and I had a great trip to DL for the half marathon this past weekend! DH had a goal of 2:30 or less, and he came in at 2:26:19 (6 minutes slower than his WDW 1/2 in Jan, but wow...those pinch points, especially at the water stops were brutal)! I know there were times where I could barely walk, as people were stopped. Somehow I got a PR! I took nearly 7 minutes off my time from the WDW 1/2 in Jan to finish at 3:12:15. After the 1/2, we headed back to HoJo, showered, and then we were in the parks until 9pm! We enjoyed our celebratory dinner at Blue Bayou :-) We wore our C2C medals and took pics with both throughout the day Sun and Mon. Next up...Wine & Dine in 3 weeks and 2 days :-)

Stephanie

DH and I had a great trip to DL for the half marathon this past weekend! DH had a goal of 2:30 or less, and he came in at 2:26:19 (6 minutes slower than his WDW 1/2 in Jan, but wow...those pinch points, especially at the water stops were brutal)! I know there were times where I could barely walk, as people were stopped. Somehow I got a PR! I took nearly 7 minutes off my time from the WDW 1/2 in Jan to finish at 3:12:15. After the 1/2, we headed back to HoJo, showered, and then we were in the parks until 9pm! We enjoyed our celebratory dinner at Blue Bayou :-) We wore our C2C medals and took pics with both throughout the day Sun and Mon. Next up...Wine & Dine in 3 weeks and 2 days :-)

Stephanie

Stephanie and DH,
Wow just Wow, congrats!

Pj

Stephanie

Congrats on finishing. You did great. I get tired just by thinking about running 13.1 miles. My daughter is running her first 1/2 marathon in a couple weeks. She joined team in training. A friend of ours has Lymphoma and my daughter wanted to help in some way. She would like to all the Disney marathons within the next 2 years.

Stephanie

Great job Stephanie!

I am so excited for the Wine & Dine next month - my first half!

I bought Disney family car decals from Pepboys and I have left over family members I didn't use.

Note these are not like the Disney World ones.

Here is what I have left. I removed those that have been spoken for. Let me know if your intersted in any of the ones listed below and I'll include them in with your FE gift.

1 baby boy
2 baby girls
1 toddler/young girl
1 older girl/teenage girl
1 older boy/teenage boy
4 dogs
1 cat

Since there has been talk of shirts.
Here are two shirts I made for our arrival day.

100_3827.jpg

100_3828.jpg

I made shirts for DS (Connor), DH, my mom, my dad, and me.
They are all different colors. They were easy to make. Just made a mickey stencil, sticker letters, and a can of black spray paint (cheap .98 stuff from Walmart). Sprayed over the stencil and letters. Let them dry, washed and they are now ready to wear. Already gave my parents theirs so sorry no picks of the grandparents shirts.

If you want I can give more details on how I made these if you are interested in making your own. Just gave the short simple version. :goodvibes

Since there has been talk of shirts.
Here are two shirts I made for our arrival day.

100_3827.jpg

100_3828.jpg

I made shirts for DS (Connor), DH, my mom, my dad, and me.
They are all different colors. They were easy to make. Just made a mickey stencil, sticker letters, and a can of black spray paint (cheap .98 stuff from Walmart). Sprayed over the stencil and letters. Let them dry, washed and they are now ready to wear. Already gave my parents theirs so sorry no picks of the grandparents shirts.

If you want I can give more details on how I made these if you are interested in making your own. Just gave the short simple version. :goodvibes

Whould love more details!!!

Thanks!

:tink: Hello we're going on the Halloween cruise Oct.30-Nov.3, 2011 on the Disney Dream. Four families are in our party. Total 7 adults and 7 kids. Six of these kids are btwn 9-11 (4 girls and 2 boys) and one 14 year old girl. This will be our 2nd DCL adventure and the others either their first OR quite seasoned cruisers with DCL. Hoping to have a great time like our first cruise August 2010 4-night Nassau/Castaway Cay. That cruise was amazing right down to the beds turning down at the end of each day!

We've never spent Halloween away so this will be a different holiday experience for us and looking forward to the Halloween party and Pirate Party!
Maybe even a little karoke, sun soaking and couple time :love:

My kids are looking to :banana: boogie with :mickeyjum

ONLY 51 DAYS until cruise time! :tigger: Hoop-dee-doo

Here is how I made the shirts.

The stencil was made by going on line and finding a Mickey shiloette and printing it as big as I could on stiff paper. I cut out the Mickey head and used double sided tape and went all the way around the outline to keep the spray paint from over spraying under the stencil. I centered the stencil on the shirt and made sure it was pressed all the way down so no part was lifted up that spray paint could get under.

The sticker letters I got from the scrapbook section of Micheals craft store. Make sure you pick letters that are not to blocky or they won't come out clear. You place the letter inside the stencil make sure you leave enough space between the letters and the edge of the stencil so spray paint can make the Mickey outline clear. Make sure everything is pressed down well so you don't have spray paint getting under anything.

Now wrap the entire shirt with newspaper leaving the opening to the stencil out and make sure you put some in between the shirt so that the spray paint does not bleed on to the back of the shirt. I used a box to wrap the shirt to make sure it was spread out and smooth. Any part of the shirt left out risks getting paint on it.

Spray the shirt straight down with your color of spray paint. Spray until it is as dark as you like it. Once you are done spraying take a piece of newspaper and push down on the stencil to smooth out the bubbles of spray paint that has developed. Smooth pushing towards the center of your stencil so you don't push paint under the stencil. Now slowly remove the newspaper you used to smooth with and let the shirt completely dry.

Once the shirt is dry you can remove all the news paper and carefully remove the stencil and the sticker letters. If all went well your design and words should all be clear. Now you can wear it as is but it smells like spray paint or you can wash it and the design will lighten bit but not to bad.

When you make this for the first time make sure you try on an inexpensive peice of clothing. I tried on DS's shirt first that I got for a dollar at walmart. That is how I learned that I needed to press down on the paint so it got rid of the bubbles and made the deisgn darker.:goodvibes

Let me know if you have any questions. :thumbsup2

Welcome dfarrugia! This will be my third time cruising during Halloween. Lots of fun!! We have a 14 yr old dd. I think there are a couple of teen girls in our group.

We are so excited! I am trying to tie up all my loose ends. I still need a pirate shirt for me and my mom, all the kids are set and dh. I also need a new set of luggage. The last time we flew the airline ruined our bag. It will be October before we know it. Had my first pumpkin muffin from Dunkin Donuts today a sure sign fall is coming!!

Here is how I made the shirts.

The stencil was made by going on line and finding a Mickey shiloette and printing it as big as I could on stiff paper. I cut out the Mickey head and used double sided tape and went all the way around the outline to keep the spray paint from over spraying under the stencil. I centered the stencil on the shirt and made sure it was pressed all the way down so no part was lifted up that spray paint could get under.

The sticker letters I got from the scrapbook section of Micheals craft store. Make sure you pick letters that are not to blocky or they won't come out clear. You place the letter inside the stencil make sure you leave enough space between the letters and the edge of the stencil so spray paint can make the Mickey outline clear. Make sure everything is pressed down well so you don't have spray paint getting under anything.

Now wrap the entire shirt with newspaper leaving the opening to the stencil out and make sure you put some in between the shirt so that the spray paint does not bleed on to the back of the shirt. I used a box to wrap the shirt to make sure it was spread out and smooth. Any part of the shirt left out risks getting paint on it.

Spray the shirt straight down with your color of spray paint. Spray until it is as dark as you like it. Once you are done spraying take a piece of newspaper and push down on the stencil to smooth out the bubbles of spray paint that has developed. Smooth pushing towards the center of your stencil so you don't push paint under the stencil. Now slowly remove the newspaper you used to smooth with and let the shirt completely dry.

Once the shirt is dry you can remove all the news paper and carefully remove the stencil and the sticker letters. If all went well your design and words should all be clear. Now you can wear it as is but it smells like spray paint or you can wash it and the design will lighten bit but not to bad.

When you make this for the first time make sure you try on an inexpensive peice of clothing. I tried on DS's shirt first that I got for a dollar at walmart. That is how I learned that I needed to press down on the paint so it got rid of the bubbles and made the deisgn darker.:goodvibes

Let me know if you have any questions. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much!

Your welcome. Got the idea from the news. They were talking about how the 80's spray paint shirts are back and I figured I could use that idea of spray paint with a stencil. :thumbsup2

I bought Disney family car decals from Pepboys and I have left over family members I didn't use.

Note these are not like the Disney World ones.

Here is what I have left. I removed those that have been spoken for. Let me know if your intersted in any of the ones listed below and I'll include them in with your FE gift.

1 baby boy
2 baby girls
1 toddler/young girl
1 older boy/teenage boy
4 dogs
1 cat

I'd be interested in 2 dogs if you still have them.

Here is what I have left of the Disney family member decals if anyone wants any added to their FE gift.

1 baby boy
2 baby girls
1 toddler/young girl
1 older boy/teenage boy
2 dogs
1 cat

Here is what I have left of the Disney family member decals if anyone wants any added to their FE gift.

1 baby boy
2 baby girls
1 toddler/young girl
1 older boy/teenage boy
2 dogs
1 cat

I'll take:

1 baby boy
1 young girl
1 older girl
1dog
1cat

Thanks!

-America

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter