OCTOBER 30th & NOVEMBER 3rd Cruises (FE and Meets)

Did you need the meds for seasickness? That is my biggest fear!

I had to take seasickness meds every evening on our first Disney cruise in 2006. I plan on packing some for this trip. It wasn't to bad as the ship only moves in the evening so taking the meds right before dinner helped with getting thru dinner, the show and then to bed. :goodvibes

I had to take seasickness meds every evening on our first Disney cruise in 2006. I plan on packing some for this trip. It wasn't to bad as the ship only moves in the evening so taking the meds right before dinner helped with getting thru dinner, the show and then to bed. :goodvibes

the ship moves anytime it's not in port, so if you are on the 4 day it will be sailing the entire day @ sea.

The first cruise we ever took my DH kept saying he felt the ship moving, I told him that just because he felt it doesn't mean he was seasick :rolleyes1

We also bring Ginger and take it in the morning and night cause you never know how bad the sea is going to be.

I have a pair of those seasick wristbands that work by acupressure. The bands have worked for me during my first cruise when we hit a hurricane. I have put them on a couple of other times when water got pretty rough just in case. Either, the bands have worked or I thought they worked and never got sick. I have kept them in my toiletries bag for the last six years as a just in case. Cheaper than keeping all those meds but, your mileage may vary.

We loved our RCI trip on Monarch of the Seas a few weeks ago...not Disney, but the food and service were equal...if not better in some situations. The kids programs were good, just not as flexible or quite as good as Disney. However, we did rebook on RCI for next year...much less for the same week on DCL :-(

15 days until DH and I leave for Disneyland...that half marathon is coming quickly!

Stephanie

This makes me feel better about going on RCI in January. I'm kinda dedicated to DCL. I know the kids like it. Are you working Sunday?

you know what i really didnt which is a suprise cause i get car sick but what helps is eatting something and we felt it mainly just the first night. but if u dont think about it u will be fine. I bought the seabands wish i never did they looked tacky and they hurt the only thing that really helped me was they had gingerale that i ordered at dinner and that was my biggest help. The night i skiped it was the night i felt the rocking but u can always take drammiane nonsleepy to be on the safe side but i didnt need it i will do it again on this one just cause its a 4day and our last trip was a 7day. once i got my sealegs i was good to go.But this ship is bigger then the magic we went on last yr so we really shouldnt feel anything. We bararely felt anything and we were passing a hurricane

Hi Everyone! So excited that we are getting closer and closer to our Halloween Cruise!! I have a question for anyone that can answer.... Does anyone know how the trick or treating is going to go on Halloween? Last year we where on the Magic but Halloween was on our sea day and the trick-or-treating was during the day. This year we will be in Nassau and our family will be spending the day at Atlantis and I was not sure if my kids will miss the trick-or-treating or if they will have it during the evening hours?

what cruise did u do on the magic last yr we did a 7day western oct 30th. and if u were part of the dis i know on ours we had our own trickortreat in the morning and i believe the magic one was in the evening. most liking it will be after dinner or before first dinner.

what cruise did u do on the magic last yr we did a 7day western oct 30th. and if u were part of the dis i know on ours we had our own trickortreat in the morning and i believe the magic one was in the evening. most liking it will be after dinner or before first dinner.

We where on the 7 day Western Magic too. My daughter did the trick or treating and I thought it was late afternoon. I was on the dis boards for the cruise but we didnt take part in the group trick or treating. We got a room at the comfort suites so we can go and spend the day at Atlantis water park. Wasn't sure if we would miss it this year being at Atlantis.

We where on the 7 day Western Magic too. My daughter did the trick or treating and I thought it was late afternoon. I was on the dis boards for the cruise but we didnt take part in the group trick or treating. We got a room at the comfort suites so we can go and spend the day at Atlantis water park. Wasn't sure if we would miss it this year being at Atlantis.

wow cant believe we are on the same cruise together again :cool1::cool1:
my husband fastpak posted more then i did last yr and this yr i am the one addicted. guess i got the disney magic in my blood lol. I wonder how often we walked past each other. so who all is traveling in ur party? are u part of our facebook page? if u want to u can send me a private message and i can add u to our facebook page just send me ur name and i can search u. i am excited we are cruising together from a past cruise. i am sure disney made sure the kids wont miss the trickortreating

Did you get the same category you booked, or did you get some pixie dust?

We got the category we booked, BUT we are in the very back of the ship and our stateroom has a HUGE verandah so I am very happy about that :)

We got the category we booked, BUT we are in the very back of the ship and our stateroom has a HUGE verandah so I am very happy about that :)

We are still waiting for our stateroom number. I would LOVE the larger verandahs! I totally dug ours in March. Lots of interesting people watching in port in Mexico during college spring break!

wow cant believe we are on the same cruise together again :cool1::cool1:
my husband fastpak posted more then i did last yr and this yr i am the one addicted. guess i got the disney magic in my blood lol. I wonder how often we walked past each other. so who all is traveling in ur party? are u part of our facebook page? if u want to u can send me a private message and i can add u to our facebook page just send me ur name and i can search u. i am excited we are cruising together from a past cruise. i am sure disney made sure the kids wont miss the trickortreating

Sent you a private message!!! :)

Hope everyone here is ok. :hug:

Felt the earthquake here in Burlington county, NJ.

Was taking a tour of our local Goddard school for DS and the building starting shaking. I thought it was just the kids jumping around but the owner said we were having an earthquake. It didn't felt as strong as some have been saying around here. Goddard must have a good sturdy building. :goodvibes

Hope everyone here is ok. :hug:

Felt the earthquake here in Burlington county, NJ.

Was taking a tour of our local Goddard school for DS and the building starting shaking. I thought it was just the kids jumping around but the owner said we were having an earthquake. It didn't felt as strong as some have been saying around here. Goddard must have a good sturdy building. :goodvibes

hope everyone is ok heard about the earthquake and that is scary hope all our disers are safe.

Hope everyone survived the earthquake today...for us, looks like Hurricane Irene will be sparing us in the central FL area...we will get a lot of rain (which we need), but that's about it. Prayers for all in her path...she looks like she is going to get really nasty! Although I work Fri and Sat at the Magic Kingdom...it will probably be soggy! We always say though, the best place in central FL to ride out a hurricane is WDW...the parks may close, but the resorts stay open, and they don't lose power.

Welcome to the new families sailing.

DH and I leave on an airplane bound for CA and the Disneyland half marathon in just 9 days! So sad, DD figured out we are going to Disneyland without her. She just started school, and with the cruise, we just couldn't justify pulling her out so close to the start of the school year. She will have fun with my in-laws. Of course, she wanted me to promise her tonight that I won't go on the Ariel ride without her :-(

Hi, I was on the original FE list, but am not now. Not sure what happened. Could I be added to the exchange? We are in room 10658: Kurt, Trisha, Adam (13) and Hailey (10). Thanks!

Good morning!!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello! Can't believe we're in the 60s!!! This cruise is going to get here so soon and I'm not packed yet! :rotfl2: J/K (sort of). I DREAD packing... Just wish Mary Poppins would come sing a song for me and have my clothes magically pack themselves! Don't think I'm asking too much here...:confused3

For those that have cruised before and did the 5k on CC... When do we sign up for that? Do we sign up on board the ship? Or am I overlooking it?

Hope everyone is ok along the East Coast!

Angela

Good morning!!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello! Can't believe we're in the 60s!!! This cruise is going to get here so soon and I'm not packed yet! :rotfl2: J/K (sort of). I DREAD packing... Just wish Mary Poppins would come sing a song for me and have my clothes magically pack themselves! Don't think I'm asking too much here...:confused3

For those that have cruised before and did the 5k on CC... When do we sign up for that? Do we sign up on board the ship? Or am I overlooking it?

Hope everyone is ok along the East Coast!

Angela

The 5k on Castaway Cay you sign up/show up the morning of the race (at least that's how it was done in August and December 2010). I'm hopeful feedback has been received and the kid's club will be open. I did the 5k with our DD last time...we walked most of it, and we can do that again, but I would rather do at my pace instead of hers.

Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter