• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2nd Mexican Riviera Cruise

Which design should we have for our embarkation t shirt?

• DCL T Shirt Basic

• Wonder T Shirt 3

• Wonder T Shirt 6

• Mickey's Mexican Mouseketeers

• Disney Wonder Animated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Our current weather report for our cruise! :cool1:

Sunday - San Pedro - Sunny & high of 74 degrees (hello sail away party!)

Wednesday - Puerto Vallarta - High of 92 with scattered T-storms
60% chance of rain

Thursday - Cabo - High of 96 and no rain!

Friday - High of 94 and 60% chance of rain in the evening (which may or may not affect us as we leave that evening)

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :banana:

Here's the view @ Cabo from a few mins ago:

cabowe.jpg

:cool1:

OK!! Now this is getting to be really annoying, just found out that DD broke her front tooth and is now sporting a temp crown.

AND, the plumbing backed up last night. Same thing happened before our Panama Canal cruise.

I need a vacation, SOON.

:cutie:

OK!! Now this is getting to be really annoying, just found out that DD broke her front tooth and is now sporting a temp crown.

AND, the plumbing backed up last night. Same thing happened before our Panama Canal cruise.

I need a vacation, SOON.

:sad1: Sorry!

Only 2 more days.....Disney take us away!

I need a vacation, SOON.

You definitely have deserved a vacation. Not long now at all.

Corinna

WE ARE READY TO GO!
We cancelled the room at Doubletree and got Howard Johnsons next to Disneyland instead so we can attend the Dis meet tomorrow evening! YAAAY!
Is it too early to go to sleep now and wake up tomorrow!?! :idea:

Cant wait to meet you all! :grouphug:

I need a vacation, SOON.

YIKES!! Make sure to grab some extra temp cement in case it falls off. That is NOOOO fun!

One hr of work left to go :cool1:

Will be @ the DIS meet tomorrow.

Looking at the forecast, it's going to be a warm cruise, temps in the 90s everywhere (and humid too).

Andy

WE ARE READY TO GO!
We cancelled the room at Doubletree and got Howard Johnsons next to Disneyland instead so we can attend the Dis meet tomorrow evening! YAAAY!
Is it too early to go to sleep now and wake up tomorrow!?! :idea:

Cant wait to meet you all! :grouphug:

One hr of work left to go :cool1:

Will be @ the DIS meet tomorrow.

Looking at the forecast, it's going to be a warm cruise, temps in the 90s everywhere (and humid too).

Andy

That is great news. I can't wait to meet some of you tomorrow.

We will have a non-park day tomorrow. We will head to the Tucker Wildlife Refuge tomorrow and then hopefully do a little detour on the way back to have a walk on the campus of Crystal Cathedral. We then have an early dinner reservation at Goofy's Kitchen.

Corinna

I thought I quickly check in. I have been reading, but have not had a chance to post. We arrived safely just before midnight on Monday. My body clock is still screwed up hence I am posting here at 5 AM. I spent Tuesday in Disneyland and yesterday I did Californian Adventure and had a wander around Downtown Disney in the afternoon. I can't believe how short the waiting times for the parks are. The longest I have waited so far was about 20 minutes. I even got a few character photos yesterday, which I normally never do in the parks. Graham will come to the parks with me today. We will do Californian Adventure in the morning and then switch to Disneyland after lunch.

Cathi, I am so happy for you that they have sorted out your stateroom problem. Where are you staying the night before the cruise now?

Those of you who where still GTY or had not told me your room numbers before I left, could you please either PM me the details if you have them now or leave me a message on voice mail on 6521 once we get on the ship. I hope to see all of you at the Promenade Lounge at 3 PM the first day, but if you can't make it, I need to know where to drop off the surprise I had been working on and the game packs for the scavenger hunt for those of you participating.

As to the surprise, for those of you coming to the meet at the Disneyland Hotel, I will have the surprise for you then so that you can use it straight away when you get to the ship. Anybody who is staying at the Grand Californian and can't make the meet, feel free to PM me so that I can try to get it to you before we leave.

Corinna

Hi! Corinna! Thanks for the good thoughts! We are at the Grand Cali (villa) now. It's really nice and so fabulous to walk right into the parks without motorized transportation! We are switching to the Disnryland Hotel for the last night (10/1-10/2). The bell service will move everything and also refrigerate my sons meds/food. We did world of color last night and really loved it. We have been on all the rides at DCA and have seen all the shows. Getting ready to go to the halloween party in a few minutes. Trying to decide if we should keep the Napa Rose ressie or the Cafe Orleans ressie for tomorrow night.

So relieved about the cabins on the cruise! Just 2 more days til we cruise! See you at 3pm promenade lounge!

My dining room looks like I'm having a garage sale :scared1:

I certainly hope I have room in my luggage for all this stuff.

Maybe I can just show up with my passport and forget everything else?

IS IT TIME TO GO?

We are on the patio at Trader SAMs, just to the right of the main doors. Loot for a set of white mickey ears. and a black POTC logo tshirt.

There is no way we would be able to take all this stuff on a plane! I am worried that we might not be able to fit it all in our room!
We are getting up SUPER EARLY and driving! Wish us luck! Now I just need to get to bed! I figure if I forgot anything, I will just have to get it at Walmart in Puerto Vallarta! :)
Can't wait to see the WONDER!!!!

Mindy and crew

I hope everybody has a smooth journey to the port. After I was told earlier in the week what the arrangements for the transfers are and was told that we would take the baggage on the coach with us, I came back from the meet last night to find a message that our baggage will be collected from our room at 8:00. We have not even started to pack yet. Still, all will work out in the end.

Corinna

The Wonder just sailed past our room on her way into the port! See ya in a few hrs.

Andy

There is no way we would be able to take all this stuff on a plane! I am worried that we might not be able to fit it all in our room!
We are getting up SUPER EARLY and driving! Wish us luck! Now I just need to get to bed! I figure if I forgot anything, I will just have to get it at Walmart in Puerto Vallarta! :)
Can't wait to see the WONDER!!!!

Mindy and crew

Yes! We have similar issues...so when we are on the way to the airport I just take a deep breath and think: "As long as I have the kids and the passports, i can buy anything else I may have forgotten". This logic works well for me.

Of course on this trip --we arrived in California on Wed night for a few days at disneyland before the cruise- that philosophy almost backfired. I had a lanyard with WDW tickets that I planned on bringing, but at the last minute decided to buy DL tix and leave the WDW tickets and lanyard home. Only problem is.....the Halloween party tickets for 9/30 were also in the lanyard!!!:scared1:

So I realize this Friday morning (9/30) and hysteria sets in. I did have the receipts with me (thankfully) and was able to get the tickets reprinted- but not without alot of worry and time (like 2 hours), wondering if I just screwed everything up. Of course the 9/30 party was also sold out, so it's not like I could've just bought more tickets. Plus, DH would've had a fit - 5 people, so 5 more party tickets. But I didn't have to go down that road.

I go back to our Villa at Grand Californian (VGC) and I have another moment of lucidity and realize I had put some items away so they would be "safe" . You want to guess what I'm going to say next? Yep, that's where the party tickets were. Along with all the WDW tickets. not the lanyard though- we'd been using the lanyard for 2 days to carry the guest assistance pass in. So I found the original party tickets, but I am quite sure I have completely lost my mind. I'm hoping I can actually make it onto the ship this morning before the dementia completely sets in.

So just to keep "score"...
1. I was super concerned about flying into LAX after all the horror stories I read about and the difficulties of navigating the airport and then getting tot he car rental agency with all our stuff and kids. Also needed to get to Whole Foods before they closed at 11pm for some necessary stuff. Our flight was scheduled to land at 945pm. It landed at 905pm!:wizard: It was easy-piesey to get on the rental car shuttle bus (we had some help from airport personel), checked in at the self serve kioski, picked our car, loaded it up and drove to whole foods, arriving at 1040pm. :wizard:Awesome....total stress reliever! Ran through the store and jumped back in the car, drove to the Grand Californian and had the kids in bed around midnight. Had the best bellhop- "evuh" who helped us with a wheelchair and valeted the car...for free!:wizard:

1. we had non connecting cabins until Wed afternoon (like an hour before we left for the airport)...so we have connecting cabin now (8068 and 8070). check!:):wizard:

2. we were renting a special needs pushchair from a local CA company- a process I began at the end of July- and the company never received it. The pushchair I bought for my son had a lead build time of 90 days, I ordered it the middle of August and it wasn't ready before we left home. But....VGC was gracious enough to let us borrow a wheelchair from them. And it was a total lifesaver! :wizard:

3. we were on the waitlist for VGC for like 2 months and in dribs and drabs our nights for a 1br came through...except the last night (10/1-10/2). so I made a ressie at the disneyland hotel. Not the ideal solution, but VGC said they would move all our stuff. When I went to the front desk to check out on the morning of 10/1, the cast member at the desk said "hold on". There was a villa available and we were able to stay in the same room we had! Whew! check!:wizard:

4. All my worry about food for my son- 14 food allergies- and the differences in CA law vs. Fl law regarding bring food onto disney property for public consumption.....all worked out! Zach had some really great meals. In partcular, at Storytellers Cafe and especially at Napa Rose. The chefs were awesome and Zach was treated like ate like a king. :wizard::wizard:

5. We saw world of color and did a bunch of rides. The only day the park was crowded- really crowded was Sat 10/1. But we did what we could. :wizard: On 9/30 we were entering disneyland at rope drop and some lady with a stroller behind me rammed into me and I fell to the ground, as did my 7 year old (I was holding her hand). My 7 year old screamed so lound and cried so hard I honestly thought her leg was broken. (I'm a physician assistant). Security staff was great, they came right over. Stroller lady took off- not even an apology!:sad2: But after examining Victoria's leg more closely, she was really just scratched up and frightened. Whew! What a relief!:wizard:

So here we are....It's 10/2, just about 8am......I've been pixie dusted like 800 times. I'm thinking I may play the lottery on the way to the port!

So Mindy....whatever you forget at home......don't worry.......it's gonna be alright!

Sorry so long......can't wait to see everyone at 3pm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter