• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2nd Mexican Riviera Cruise

Which design should we have for our embarkation t shirt?

• DCL T Shirt Basic

• Wonder T Shirt 3

• Wonder T Shirt 6

• Mickey's Mexican Mouseketeers

• Disney Wonder Animated

Results are only viewable after voting.
UPDATE!!!!

We have pixie dust!!!!!! Just got the word that we have been upgraded! We are in CONNECTING staterooms (whew!):cool1::cool1::cool1:

8068 and 8070.....we were previously in 5122 and 5124.

We are on the list for the fish extenders, so please make your changes.

I am sooooooo excited. Hmmm....wonder if I should tell hubby. I had been working on him to upgrade to a cat T (or 3, 1br suite). Hmmm.....

UPDATE!!!!

We have pixie dust!!!!!! Just got the word that we have been upgraded! We are in CONNECTING staterooms (whew!):cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am sooooooo excited. Hmmm....wonder if I should tell hubby. I had been working on him to upgrade to a cat T (or 3, 1br suite). Hmmm.....

Congrats!

UPDATE!!!!

Pixie Dust all around:cheer2:

Just got off of the phone with DCL regarding movies. I was given the same movies as last week with one exception :)

So it will be:

Toy Story 3 (3D)
Tangled (3D)
Gnomeo & Juliet (3D)
I am #4
African Cats
Prom
POTC - Stranger Tides - both 2D&3D
Cars 2 - Both 2D & 3D
Winnie the Pooh
The Help
Fright Night

and we will be seeing the prem-ear of Real Steel on the 7th.

I asked about Lion King and she said no - it would not be playing but I am still hoping for some pixie dust! It was supposed to end at theaters this weekend but was granted an additional week which would put it to the 6th so maybe??? Here is hoping!

Glad to see that Cars 2 3d is on the list still, that should make my son happy. He will probably watch every showing.

I'm surprised to see that Fright Night is on the list, I wouldn't think that Disney would be showing Rated R movies on its cruises.

Just checked weather.com for our weather report:

Puerto Vallarta:
October 5: High of 92 degrees with 60% chance of rain Low of 76 degrees
Scattered Thunderstorms (Hello humidity!)

Cabo:

October 6: High of 96 degrees with 0% chance of rain Low of 72 degrees
October 7: High of 93 degrees with 10% chance of rain Low of 72 degrees

Glad to see that Cars 2 3d is on the list still, that should make my son happy. He will probably watch every showing.

I'm surprised to see that Fright Night is on the list, I wouldn't think that Disney would be showing Rated R movies on its cruises.

I was surprised to hear that too. Maybe because it's towards Halloween time? I would assume it will be shown in the Buena Vista only and the late show.

Well, just got back from the dentist - I have a cracked and partially missing filling, but they can't really do much about it until after the cruise as it needs a crown. So no 'hard' foods on the trip for me - just have to eat more Mickey Bars, DOTDs and other goodies :cool1:

On the good news our FE from Tiffany arrived today - :thumbsup2

dsc00665800x600.jpg

The dates are from our 1st Wonder Cruise (the 11nt Southern) and our upcoming MR.

And...the DSLR got prepped.

Andy

UPDATE!!!!

:cheer2: yaaaaay!!

Well, just got back from the dentist - I have a cracked and partially missing filling, but they can't really do much about it until after the cruise as it needs a crown. So no 'hard' foods on the trip for me - just have to eat more Mickey Bars, DOTDs and other goodies :cool1:

dsc00665800x600.jpg

The dates are from our 1st Wonder Cruise (the 11nt Southern) and our upcoming MR.

Andy

Very Cute!

BOOO about the cracked tooth. :(

Just checked weather.com for our weather report:

Puerto Vallarta:
October 5: High of 92 degrees with 60% chance of rain Low of 76 degrees
Scattered Thunderstorms (Hello humidity!)

Cabo:

October 6: High of 96 degrees with 0% chance of rain Low of 72 degrees
October 7: High of 93 degrees with 10% chance of rain Low of 72 degrees

ugh Humidy and my hair are life long enemies bleh!:scared1: Oh well we will be on VACATION~!!!!!

Andy

What is with our group and bad teeth?

Yesterday I felt one of my crowns lift off while eating lunch. Quick call to dentist, and he squeezed me in this morning. Well, the crown was placed about 40 years ago and the tooth had a root canal at the time. So basically there was nothing left to work with under the crown! Put a call into oral surgeon and made appt for after return. Dentist says I can wait til I get back to get the root out. Then either a bridge or implant. BOO!:headache:

ugh Humidy and my hair are life long enemies bleh!:scared1: Oh well we will be on VACATION~!!!!!

Me,too. In fact, I have this lovely picture of me in Hawaii when I was younger (and blonder) and I have this haystack on my head because my hair is so frizzy.

And so, I had my hair cut real short last week. ;)

:cutie:

This is good news, latest update puts Hilary 600+ miles away from us and gone by the time we get down there:

hilary.gif

Andy

Question: are you guys using $$ or pesos in Mexico? I am undecided on what to do :confused3 I've read that most vendors will accept $$ but that it's an inconvenience for them, and that I'll get change back in pesos. What are your plans for purchases in mexico??

OMG.3.more.days. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Question: are you guys using $$ or pesos in Mexico? I am undecided on what to do :confused3 I've read that most vendors will accept $$ but that it's an inconvenience for them, and that I'll get change back in pesos. What are your plans for purchases in mexico??

$$ always.

dsc00665800x600.jpg

Andy

Sorry about the tooth :( Cute FE!!!

What is with our group and bad teeth?

Yesterday I felt one of my crowns lift off while eating lunch. Quick call to dentist, and he squeezed me in this morning. Well, the crown was placed about 40 years ago and the tooth had a root canal at the time. So basically there was nothing left to work with under the crown! Put a call into oral surgeon and made appt for after return. Dentist says I can wait til I get back to get the root out. Then either a bridge or implant. BOO!:headache:

:cutie:

Sorry about your tooth too :(

I have always used $$$ and always gotten change back in $$$...but there was a new ruled passed last year I think where over a certain amount and they won't take American money. I only buy small things - nothing really thrills me on the more expensive side.

I am so envious of all you people already on vacation. I still have a week to work. I am so overloaded with work it is unreal. i can not wait for next Sunday. Packed:scared1:OMG, not even close. FE:scared1::scared1:Not even close. Secrete Mickey:yay:You folks are taken care of. I will say this I have already picked out a lounge chair by the adult pool, if I could put a towel on it right now I would:lmao:. See you guys real soon. Got to get back to work :surfweb:

I'm with you. Need to be up in 5 short hours. One more set of work to review and then answering e-mails - it will just have to wait unless I find one of these :wizard: My suitcase and DD packed last night. DH's will get packed tomorrow night. Praying for a smooth flight across the Pacific, and that DD will be exhausted enough to sleep :angel:. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the ship!

I thought I quickly check in. I have been reading, but have not had a chance to post. We arrived safely just before midnight on Monday. My body clock is still screwed up hence I am posting here at 5 AM. I spent Tuesday in Disneyland and yesterday I did Californian Adventure and had a wander around Downtown Disney in the afternoon. I can't believe how short the waiting times for the parks are. The longest I have waited so far was about 20 minutes. I even got a few character photos yesterday, which I normally never do in the parks. Graham will come to the parks with me today. We will do Californian Adventure in the morning and then switch to Disneyland after lunch.

Cathi, I am so happy for you that they have sorted out your stateroom problem. Where are you staying the night before the cruise now?

Those of you who where still GTY or had not told me your room numbers before I left, could you please either PM me the details if you have them now or leave me a message on voice mail on 6521 once we get on the ship. I hope to see all of you at the Promenade Lounge at 3 PM the first day, but if you can't make it, I need to know where to drop off the surprise I had been working on and the game packs for the scavenger hunt for those of you participating.

As to the surprise, for those of you coming to the meet at the Disneyland Hotel, I will have the surprise for you then so that you can use it straight away when you get to the ship. Anybody who is staying at the Grand Californian and can't make the meet, feel free to PM me so that I can try to get it to you before we leave.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter