• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2nd Mexican Riviera Cruise

Which design should we have for our embarkation t shirt?

• DCL T Shirt Basic

• Wonder T Shirt 3

• Wonder T Shirt 6

• Mickey's Mexican Mouseketeers

• Disney Wonder Animated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Safe travels to everyone! I hope to meet a lot of you Saturday evening!

In one week we will be ready to go!

We are heading down to the port today to watch her sail away with some friends of ours onboard. :banana:

We are on the home stretch!
FE gifts done! Secret Mickey DONE! Now just try and figure out how to pack it all, and fit it in the car! We will be driving over EARLY Sunday morning, and heading straight to the port.
Hoping that Hurricane Hillary will be out of the way by then!

We sat down as a family last night and went over some basic "Cruise Etiquette" rules with the kids. I've pretty much threatened them to be on their BEST BEHAVIOR! :)

See you all at 3:00 on October 2nd! :cool1:

Mindy

I 'Officially' started packing today - well, hunting down all the parts to the camera gear and pirate costume :woohoo:

Looks like Hilary might give us some rain/wind on our 1st night at sea, but otherwise leave us alone :thumbsup2

Andy

I am so envious of all you people already on vacation. I still have a week to work. I am so overloaded with work it is unreal. i can not wait for next Sunday. Packed:scared1:OMG, not even close. FE:scared1::scared1:Not even close. Secrete Mickey:yay:You folks are taken care of. I will say this I have already picked out a lounge chair by the adult pool, if I could put a towel on it right now I would:lmao:. See you guys real soon. Got to get back to work :surfweb:

All packed and ready! FE's done and packed. SM done and packed. All confimations-done! We stay at an airport hotel tomorrow and then head to LA on Thursday morning for three nights at Disneyland. Today and tomorrow will most likely be very long days at work. See you all on the Wonder!!!

Hi everyone,

I just called DCL to ask about the movies onboard and this is what they told me:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D
Cats 2:3D
Winne the Pooh
The Help
Fright Night
Real Steel

I asked about Lion King and they said, "You never know!"

Any info on how Hurricane Hilary affected those who are on the cruise this week? Forecasts are showing scattered thunderstorms for Cabo and PV through next week. Does anyone have any idea how that will impact onboard activities and shore excursions? I've never encountered bad weather on a cruise before so not sure what to expect.

Any info on how Hurricane Hilary affected those who are on the cruise this week? Forecasts are showing scattered thunderstorms for Cabo and PV through next week. Does anyone have any idea how that will impact onboard activities and shore excursions? I've never encountered bad weather on a cruise before so not sure what to expect.

First off, welcome to the Disboards! :welcome:

I haven't seen any updates from anyone currently onboard and I can only share what I have read on these boards. When there is a hurricane in the vacinity the captains will steer around it as much as possible. If it is at the end of the hurricane and just raining, certain excursions could be cancelled (if you have booked them through Disney, you would not be charged), if they have to go to different ports then they may offer other excursions. I don't know how much of this is an option on our cruise! There isn't another path to go on (like the Western Caribbean instead of the Eastern), and I don't know about optional ports. I've been tracking the Wonder and she has been sailing right down the coast of Mexico on course. It will be mid 90's and raining in Puerto Vallarta tomorrow for them, and the same in Cabo Thursday and Friday according to Weather.com. For us, it said we could have scattered showers in both ports. Either way, we will be on vacation on a Disney cruise, and we are going to have a great time!

See you next week!

Hi Everyone!!! I think you're all way ahead of me. I have the suitcases out, but that's about it so far. We're flying out Saturday morning and are currently staying at the La Quinta Anaheim. Unless that plan changes, we may try to meet up with you Saturday evening.

Travel safely. Can't wait to meet ya'll!!! (Yep, the Texan is coming out.) ;)

Hi everyone,

I just called DCL to ask about the movies onboard and this is what they told me:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D
Cats 2:3D
Winne the Pooh
The Help
Fright Night
Real Steel

I asked about Lion King and they said, "You never know!"

Thanks for welcoming me to the board. When I first saw your movie list post I was bummed that they were not going to show Cars 2 (my 4yo really wanted to see Cars 2 in 3D). Then I realized, wait, there's no Disney version of "Cats" . . . and the light clicked on . . .

Thanks in advance to the very knowledgeable people on this board . . .

Do you have to get to the port early if you are going to park there for the week? If so, how early? I think our port arrival time is 1:30PM.

Do you have to get to the port early if you are going to park there for the week? If so, how early? I think our port arrival time is 1:30PM.

I cruised out of Long Beach (just up from San Pedro) in April and there was a parking garage for each cruise ship. Plenty of parking. I think I read that it is $87 or something like that to park for the week.

Thanks for welcoming me to the board. When I first saw your movie list post I was bummed that they were not going to show Cars 2 (my 4yo really wanted to see Cars 2 in 3D). Then I realized, wait, there's no Disney version of "Cats" . . . and the light clicked on . . .

When we last heard about movies, Cars 2 was on the list! Maybe the lady read it wrong to me (cross your fingers!), but I thought she said Cats. Disney does an Earth Day movie every year. Last year was Oceans, this year was Cats. Lets think happy thoughts for Cats and Cars 2! I am crossing my fingers for a Lion King showing!

Does anyone remember what time (I thought it was 3pm) and where we are meeting for the FE update? What about the Secret Mickey Reveal? I started to look through the posts and then realized we are at 44 pages.

Thanks! :hug:

The only thing it usually impacts is if there are activities outside - they try to move them to the atrium. Looking at Weather.com tonight, it looks like we may have rain in PV but Cabo looked good but I saw the other post that the weather they looked at was different so it is difficult to say. If you have excursions booked not through Disney - I would check on their policies. Disney will usually stop at the port unless it is so bad we can't dock/tender.

Hi Everyone!!! I think you're all way ahead of me. I have the suitcases out, but that's about it so far. We're flying out Saturday morning and are currently staying at the La Quinta Anaheim. Unless that plan changes, we may try to meet up with you Saturday evening.

Travel safely. Can't wait to meet ya'll!!! (Yep, the Texan is coming out.) ;)

I hope you are able to join us Saturday evening! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

On the list I was given, it had soem additional movies including Cars and African Cats but that may have changed - I called last week. I will call again tomorrow and verify.

The San Pedro Cruise Terminal has a large parking lot plus an overflow parking lot if need be (we have parked in both). Since different ships sail in and out of the port, the amount of parking available would vary. Cars will already be there for cruises that left on Saturday. However, I have never had a problem finding a parking space. You should be fine giving yourself just a little extra time. When you pull in, you can drive around the outer loop and drop off anything you want. You can then drive back into the lot to park.

When we last heard about movies, Cars 2 was on the list! Maybe the lady read it wrong to me (cross your fingers!), but I thought she said Cats. Disney does an Earth Day movie every year. Last year was Oceans, this year was Cats. Lets think happy thoughts for Cats and Cars 2! I am crossing my fingers for a Lion King showing!

Does anyone remember what time (I thought it was 3pm) and where we are meeting for the FE update? What about the Secret Mickey Reveal? I started to look through the posts and then realized we are at 44 pages.

When I got the movies last week both were on the list - I will check back tomorrow just in case. As for Lion King - we are hoping for some pixie dust!

The meet & greet is 3PM Promenade Lounge on the 2nd. The SM reveal is on Oct. 8 at 12 noon. Location TBD I believe.

From the latest NOAA briefing, it looks like Hilary will be a Tropical Remnant and be some 300-400 miles away from our track by the time we're at sea :thumbsup2

I cruised out of Long Beach (just up from San Pedro) in April and there was a parking garage for each cruise ship. Plenty of parking. I think I read that it is $87 or something like that to park for the week.

Corinne was going to update all list before she left. They should be on the very first page.:flower3:

Only a few more days!!! There are not enough excited, jumpy, happy, dancing icons for me to post! so I will just say...YAAAAY!!

Here is what Corinna had posted earlier for us...

Our DIS events:

7:00 PM on October 1st, Pre-cruise meet at Trader Sam's Tiki Bar at Disneyland Hotel

3:00 PM on October 2nd, DIS Meet at the Promenade Lounge, Deck 3 aft
Come and meet your fellow cruisers

2:30 PM to 4:00 PM on October 7th, Promenade Lounge,Scoring of Scavenger Hunt

12:00 PM on October 8th, Promenade Lounge, Prize Giving and Secret Mickey Reveal

Corinne was going to update all list before she left. They should be on the very first page.:flower3:

Thanks!

Only a few more days!!! There are not enough excited, jumpy, happy, dancing icons for me to post! so I will just say...YAAAAY!!

Here is what Corinna had posted earlier for us...

Our DIS events:

7:00 PM on October 1st, Pre-cruise meet at Trader Sam's Tiki Bar at Disneyland Hotel

3:00 PM on October 2nd, DIS Meet at the Promenade Lounge, Deck 3 aft
Come and meet your fellow cruisers

2:30 PM to 4:00 PM on October 7th, Promenade Lounge,Scoring of Scavenger Hunt

12:00 PM on October 8th, Promenade Lounge, Prize Giving and Secret Mickey Reveal

I am right there with you! I'm having a hard time containing my excitement! This close to the cruise I think I am annoying everyone! :rolleyes1 Woo Hoo!

I've updated my phone with the times and dates! Thanks for helping me out. See you Sunday!!

My DD is a huge Lion King fan - (saw it the first weekend out and the Diamond version just shipped - Love Disney Movie rewards) - that would be awesome!

My DD is a huge Lion King fan - (saw it the first weekend out and the Diamond version just shipped - Love Disney Movie rewards) - that would be awesome!

Our son, Austin, too! Lion King was one of those movies that we watched so often that we actually ruined one VHS tape! Think happy thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter