October 2nd Mexican Riviera Cruise

Which design should we have for our embarkation t shirt?

• DCL T Shirt Basic

• Wonder T Shirt 3

• Wonder T Shirt 6

• Mickey's Mexican Mouseketeers

• Disney Wonder Animated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone look into the Las Animas Adventure Park beach break as a non_DCL excursion on Puerto Vallarta? It looks interesting and seems like it can cater to kids of various ages- like my 7, 9, 11 year olds.
It has ziplines and rope bridges, etc.....

Anyone look into the Las Animas Adventure Park beach break as a non_DCL excursion on Puerto Vallarta? It looks interesting and seems like it can cater to kids of various ages- like my 7, 9, 11 year olds.

This sounds like a lot of fun, but from what I can find, the excursion is only offered on Tuesdays and Fridays. We will be in Puerto Vallarta on a Wednesday.

Corinna

I make jewellery as a hobby. So there is always an endless supply of beads and findings around the place. I have to say, I have never tried a hot glue gun. When I need to glue something, I tend to use E6000.

Corinna

I love jewelry too! I started doing it a couple years ago ... I'm a little out of control, but it's just so fun!

We are doing Puerto Vallarta Canopy Zipline & Mule Excursion ... I booked it on my own, and they have a money back guarantee if the cruise ship doesn't make it to port. My whole family can do it (kids ages 16, 14, 11, 9 and 6 1/2)
and the price is very reasonable! You should do it! Looks like tons of fun!
I think we are scheduled for the 12:15 tour

With the cruise coming ever closer, I wondered if maybe the time has come to post family photos on here so that we will recognize each other when we run into each other either during our pre-cruise stays or at the port. What do people think?

Corinna

With the cruise coming ever closer, I wondered if maybe the time has come to post family photos on here so that we will recognize each other when we run into each other either during our pre-cruise stays or at the port. What do people think?

Corinna

Anyone have Facebook? You can add me as a friendly!
search Kim Watterson

I just checked and there are a couple of us! I am in Big Bear City, CA

search Kim Watterson

I am on Facebook, but I could not find you. Feel free to add me as a friend. My full name is Corinna Ball. There is only two of us and I am the one with the dolphin in the profile picture.

Corinna

I had a productive day today. I am now about 80% done with the Fish Extender gifts. I made the final gifts for the boys today and packaged and labelled all the gifts that I had. I am waiting on some more supplies for one of the gifts that I am doing for the ladies and once those have arrived and I have them made, I will put together the bags for each family. With the time intense work done, this should not take long.

I also made most of my magnets today. I made a mess out of one of them and received one more graphic after I ordered the prints, so I will have to order a few more prints and then finish off the magnets sometime next week.

Corinna

Just wanted to post a teaser! I am sitting here at my desk working on FE gifties! pirate:
If someone came over right now they'd think I knocked over a Disney store! :laughing:

OK, you guys are making me nervous. I've only done a little thinking about what to do for the FE. My big project I'm currently working on (sadly) is putting together our scrapbook from our B2B last year. I mean it's only been a year!

search Kim Watterson

I'll admit it: I don't do facebook. Or twitter. Or ..... whatever else there is like that. At my age, I'm happy I can figure out how to make contact with anyone with email (or forums). :surfweb:

:cutie:

OK, you guys are making me nervous. I've only done a little thinking about what to do for the FE. My big project I'm currently working on (sadly) is putting together our scrapbook from our B2B last year. I mean it's only been a year!

I was worried I wouldn't come up with anything. A clearance sale at Kmart saved me! Still plenty of time :woohoo:

Our scrapbook and pictures are still in the original box and photo envelope, just waiting for someone to come along and put them together...from our last cruise that was 3 years ago! hahaa I even bought the premade scrapbook! Just add photos!
Maybe I will just save it for this cruise :rolleyes:

I'll admit it: I don't do facebook. Or twitter. Or ..... whatever else there is like that. At my age, I'm happy I can figure out how to make contact with anyone with email (or forums). :surfweb:

:cutie:

aww lol its ok, theres always Disboards! :thumbsup2

Don't worry. I have had nearly two years to plan this so I am now on the finishing straight. I always make my Fish Extender gifts so I had to be extra organized especially as the supplies have come from as far afield as the USA, Hong Kong and China. There is also the added element that I am not only planning for the cruise, but for a very complex vacation including our vow renewal. I can assure you, I am not normally that organized.

The vacation must be coming close. I had my first cruise nightmare last night. I was very relieved when I woke up and found that I was safely in my bed at home.

Corinna

The vacation must be coming close. I had my first cruise nightmare last night. I was very relieved when I woke up and found that I was safely in my bed at home.

That's funny because two nights ago I had a dream where I was attending a vow renewal for one of our friends here in Queen Creek and even in my dream I was so confused as to why they were having a vow renewal. Woke up and realized that even when I sleep my brain is still on the cruise! I haven't even met Corinna yet and I'm already dreaming about her vow renewal!! lol!

Hi everyone,
Corrina, I am so glad to hear you are safe!! My mother in law is visiting England and Ireland at the moment so emails have been going back and forth like crazy. All is good.

I am so glad to hear everyone is busy with their FE gifts and it isn't just me who is trying to keep up with it all!

I have been busy finishing off my studies for my Advanced Diploma in Childcare, so I am so sorry for not being on the board as much as I should, but seeing that I have 4 subjects left and want to finish them before our holiday, I'm sure you all understand.

We are hoping to meet up with everyone at Trader Sam while at DL. I can't wait to meet you all.

Talk to you soon.
Becky

Don't worry. I have had nearly two years to plan this so I am now on the finishing straight. I always make my Fish Extender gifts so I had to be extra organized especially as the supplies have come from as far afield as the USA, Hong Kong and China. There is also the added element that I am not only planning for the cruise, but for a very complex vacation including our vow renewal. I can assure you, I am not normally that organized.

Corinna

I have to admit......you amaze me! I am an organization freak, type A personality, etc. I like to plan complex vacations, etc. My friends think I am wonder woman. I guess I am a good multi-tasker. But you-- well...it's not often I meet someone who awes me. It's so refreshing! Glad you are safe!

That's funny because two nights ago I had a dream where I was attending a vow renewal for one of our friends here in Queen Creek and even in my dream I was so confused as to why they were having a vow renewal. Woke up and realized that even when I sleep my brain is still on the cruise! I haven't even met Corinna yet and I'm already dreaming about her vow renewal!! lol!

I don't have to have nightmares about the vow renewal. At times it has been enough of a real life nightmare. When I was still planning for the vow renewal to take place on the cruise, it took me months to finally get this booked. Instead of responding to my queries, they just sent me an endless stream of generic emails. When I finally had them on the phone, they were still not able to tell me if there was a slot available. I was told that the wedding coordinator would be in touch within 2 business days. A week later I still had not heard and when calling back to chase this, I got a list of endless excuses. I finally managed to speak to the wedding coordinator and from then things were better. Of course, just as soon as I had everything under control, all of the people who I really wanted there ended up having to cancel the cruise for a variety of reasons. I have to say, I had a bit of a tantrum and ended up cancelling the vow renewal. Once I had calmed down a bit, I was more open to look at alternatives and we ended up booking the vow renewal on the campus of Crystal Cathedral. Their wedding coordinator has been a dream to deal with. We also found a fantastic photographer. I have yet to meet her, but she feels like a good friend. She is the one who keeps me sane at the moment when things are not quite going as planned.

Since changing the venue, we just had minor set backs. For instance I tried the wedding dress on and although I love it, it is so low cut that when I sit down, you can look all the way down to the belly button. I contacted a dress maker who comes highly recommended to see if this could be altered to make it a bit more modest, but she was not responding to me. As time is marching on, I decided that I will put the dress on Ebay and get something a bit more modest. I absolutely love the dress that I have ended up ordering and it was very inexpensive as well. I can't wait for it to arrive.

There was also a little issue with the personalized ring box that I ordered. When I ordered it, for some reason, I gave the date as October 7th. I really don't know why. When we were going to have the vow renewal on the Wonder , it was supposed to take place on October 3rd and Graham's birthday is October 6th so there is nothing significant about October 7th. Fortunately it was not expensive either so I just ordered a new one with the right date.

Hi everyone,
Corrina, I am so glad to hear you are safe!! My mother in law is visiting England and Ireland at the moment so emails have been going back and forth like crazy. All is good.

I am so glad to hear everyone is busy with their FE gifts and it isn't just me who is trying to keep up with it all!

I have been busy finishing off my studies for my Advanced Diploma in Childcare, so I am so sorry for not being on the board as much as I should, but seeing that I have 4 subjects left and want to finish them before our holiday, I'm sure you all understand.

We are hoping to meet up with everyone at Trader Sam while at DL. I can't wait to meet you all.

Talk to you soon.
Becky

I wish you best of luck with your studies. Four subjects seems an awful lot to cover in just over a month. To do 4 modules for a comparable qualification in the UK would take at least 6 months and as much as a year.

Things were really not nice in the UK for the past week, but fortunately things seem to have calmed down. What I had not realized is that some of the rioters had actually managed to get inside the apartment complex where I live and tried to break into the underground parking lot. Fortunately the police was in hot pursuit and chased them away. There was no damage done other than a few scratches to the gate. It does not bear thinking about what could have happened if the police had not acted so quickly and if they had set fire to cars in there. One of the apartment buildings is actually built on top of the parking structure.

Thursday will be 45 days before the cruise. So hopefully people will get their stateroom numbers then if they are currently in GTY status. I will keep my fingers crossed for some Pixie Dust. Even those of you who already have a room number, it does not do any harm to check your reservations as the upgrade fairy has also known to strike around the 45 day mark.

I just had an email that my formal night and Princess dresses will be shipped next week. I can't wait to see them and to try them on. As they are coming from China, it will probably be the end of the month until they get here.

So things are coming together quite nicely. I just have to get around to ring Disneyland to make my restaurant reservations. Apart from the dinner after the vow renewal, which I am hoping to have at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel, I am fairly flexible. I am hoping from the character breakfast at Storyteller Café on our first morning to get into the mood for my Disney adventures and a dinner at Goofy's Kitchen on October 1st, but I am somewhat flexible with those. I also have to book my appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for October 11th before Mickey's Halloween Party. It is amazing how much difference an extra 3 hours time difference makes. I wish that I could do my reservations online the same way as this is possible for WDW.

Corinna

About a month or so ago I posted if everyone could send some pixie dust my way for my certification.

I just wanted to say thanks! I did earn my certification - all my hard work was worth it! :banana:

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter