October 2nd Mexican Riviera Cruise

Which design should we have for our embarkation t shirt?

• DCL T Shirt Basic

• Wonder T Shirt 3

• Wonder T Shirt 6

• Mickey's Mexican Mouseketeers

• Disney Wonder Animated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Welcome back, Clarice. By the way, do you have main or late dining? I have updated everything else for you now.

Corinna

The DVC club was the best thing we ever did. We used this years points to cruise and next year we are sending our son and future daughter-in-law to the new Hawaiian Disney Resort for their honeymoon. :hug:. I love being able to share the DVC with my kids and grandkids.:love:.

Couldn't agree with you more! We purchased one contract in 2005 and then another in 2006. Love our DVC! We love sharing our Disney vacations with friends and DVC makes that possible!

Well, I have a lot of catching up to do. I have been working on Graham to go on a cruise ever since out honeymoon in 1998 and he was just not having any of it. I finally convinced him when we bought into DVC and were given double points for the first year. Fortunately once he experienced his first cruise, he loved it as much as I did and now there is no risk of him not wanting to cruise again.

We love our DVC, too and would agree that this is the best thing we ever did, even though we have nobody to share it with. It completely changed our vacations and all for the better. Actually, it changed more than that. Without DVC I doubt that I would have ever come across the DIS and I made so many friends on here.

You should see my apartment at the moment. It is slowly but surely taken over by vow renewal and cruise stuff. Of course Graham can't see the vow renewal stuff until the big day so I had to find places to hide it.

Corinna

Corinna, is your vow renewal a surprise for Graham? I never thought to ask but from your post, it makes me wonder......popcorn::

I don't think it is likely that they would add Mazatlan again now that virtually everybody booked their excursions. This would cause too much confusion and heartache.

Corinna

My DH is in law enforcement and gets daily updates on hot spots and major safety or crime issues from all over North America. I highly doubt Disney is adding Mazatlan back to the itinerary right now. The violence is so pervasive that it is just not safe.

It's been a rough couple of weeks at our house and 69 days is looking a bit too far away! Things are looking up though, our son arrived home safely early yesterday morning. He'll be home for 2 weeks then back he goes until Thanksgiving. Seems weird that we will have cruised and returned by then. The temperatures spiked up to nearly 100. We haven't hit 100 yet (we are having a mild summer so far).

Off to Harry Potter 7.2 today and then back to work tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a great day! 69 days and counting!

Corinna, is your vow renewal a surprise for Graham? I never thought to ask but from your post, it makes me wonder......popcorn::

Off to Harry Potter 7.2 today and then back to work tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a great day! 69 days and counting!

The vow renewal is no surprise. Both the vow renewal itself and the venue were actually Graham’s idea. However, there are certain things that I don’t want him to see like my dress.

I hope you enjoyed Harry Potter. We went to see it in IMAX 3D yesterday and I thought it was amazing.

Corinna

Thanks Corrina, I am feeling much better. Some rest and some DCL planning made my weekend!!

So glad to see Clarice and family have joined us, WELCOME!

We have given a run down of our plans to my SIL, I think she was a little surprised at how much we plan to do on the cruise. We have read Navigators from the MR cruise this year and planned out what we definately wanted to do, we won't really be stopping and I think she was a little unprepared. :rotfl:

I can't wait for my holidays and I look forward to meeting you all.

Talk soon
Becky

Good afternoon, all!

Just a little update. Received email from DD, chattering about what to bring on the cruise. I replied, "Huh? I haven't been told 'yes, we're coming'." :confused3

So, assuming we can get a room for them, there will be 2 more of us. I'll know more for sure Monday night. I'll let you know about FEs then, too.

We are interested in doing the Scavenger Hunt, if I haven't given you that info yet.

:cutie:

Yes Corinna, I am back.
We got the Main Dining. I am thinking we got kids. so is better to have Main dining. I also booked the Palo on our 2nd day. I booked for brunch.

Clarice.

Welcome back, Clarice. By the way, do you have main or late dining? I have updated everything else for you now.

Corinna

All finished checking in. We have 11:30 check in time. Which works out great! We will be driving in from AZ ... getting up super early! Don't think I'll be able to sleep the night before anyway! It will be like Christmas!
Can't remember if you posted this already or not, but what night is Pirate night? And if we want to request a dining rotation, do we just have our TA do that for us? I think I would like Triton's for formal night ... don't really care about the rest ...
I've been reading on the boards about the Wonder going into Dry Dock ... right before our cruise! It's a treat to be able to sail with a few new things! I guess the rumor is that Parrot Cay is getting a face lift! ? Guess we'll have to see!
I guess that's all for tonight .. my kids start school this week. My baby is in first grade, so things are going to be very quiet around here. I'm not sure I'm going to like it ... I love having them home! The best thing about them starting school is that it means that fall break is not far away! Woo Hoo!

Good afternoon, all!

Just a little update. Received email from DD, chattering about what to bring on the cruise. I replied, "Huh? I haven't been told 'yes, we're coming'." :confused3

So, assuming we can get a room for them, there will be 2 more of us. I'll know more for sure Monday night. I'll let you know about FEs then, too.

We are interested in doing the Scavenger Hunt, if I haven't given you that info yet.

That is great news. I just had a quick look on the DCL website and they have virtually all categories still available. For Ocean view and Veranda, they also have the restricted booking category. For inside cabins, all categories are open for sale, but the restricted category is not offered.

Yes Corinna, I am back.
We got the Main Dining. I am thinking we got kids. so is better to have Main dining. I also booked the Palo on our 2nd day. I booked for brunch.

Clarice.

Thanks, I have updated this. You are going to love brunch at Palo. I can't wait to do this again.

All finished checking in. We have 11:30 check in time. Which works out great! We will be driving in from AZ ... getting up super early! Don't think I'll be able to sleep the night before anyway! It will be like Christmas!
Can't remember if you posted this already or not, but what night is Pirate night? And if we want to request a dining rotation, do we just have our TA do that for us? I think I would like Triton's for formal night ... don't really care about the rest ...
I've been reading on the boards about the Wonder going into Dry Dock ... right before our cruise! It's a treat to be able to sail with a few new things! I guess the rumor is that Parrot Cay is getting a face lift! ? Guess we'll have to see!
I guess that's all for tonight .. my kids start school this week. My baby is in first grade, so things are going to be very quiet around here. I'm not sure I'm going to like it ... I love having them home! The best thing about them starting school is that it means that fall break is not far away! Woo Hoo!

Yes, if a travel agent is holding your booking, then he or she will contact DCL on your behalf to request a dining rotation. I had mine do this a little while ago.

Pirate Night should be on October 5th, the day we go to Puerto Vallarta if they stick to the schedule that they had for the spring cruises.

I have also heard that Parrot Cay will get a face lift. I also heard that Video on Demand will be installed in the staterooms, that Animators Palate will be completely redone and that they will enclose the outside seating behind Beach Blanket Buffet.

I have added a second tab to the roll call spreadsheet with just information to do with Fish Extenders. In this spreadsheet I have colour coded the kids with blue for boys and pink for girls. I would be grateful if you could check the info for your family to make sure I got this right.

Corinna

Good evening, one and all,

So we did get a booking for DD and her BF.

So we have:
Mike)
Linda) in same room (GTY 9C, at this point)
John)

Marsha) in another room (also GTY 9C)
Grey)

Sign us up for FE! And Scavenger Hunt!

Are we getting a FE final list, or just using the google document thing-y?

Good evening, one and all,

So we did get a booking for DD and her BF.

So we have:
Mike)
Linda) in same room (GTY 9C, at this point)
John)

Marsha) in another room (also GTY 9C)
Grey)

Sign us up for FE! And Scavenger Hunt!

Are we getting a FE final list, or just using the google document thing-y?

I am glad that you managed to get another room. I have updated the information on the spreadsheet and also added both cabins to the Fish Extender list.

I have added a new tab to the Google Document yesterday with just the information for Fish Extender on it. This can then easily be printed out. This is still work in progress. Once we have all stateroom numbers, I will reorganize this by deck so that it will be easier to do the drops.

BTW, is anyone wearing long dresses for formal night?

I have a floor-length gown for both formal night and semi-formal night.

Corinna

BTW, is anyone wearing long dresses for formal night?

I probably am too!

Corinna--love the new fish extender list!! It just clicks in my head now!! Very easy to count up how much I need of each thing. Thank you so much for the extra time I know you spent on that. I appreciate it so much. We look perfect on it! I will let you know as soon as I have room info and dining info on my in laws. I do not believe they will be doing scavenger hunt.

Yay for the facelift the boat will be getting before we board! :)

Meredith

Just thought of something ... Our family is split into 2 staterooms, but I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that they don't have to make cabin gifts for each stateroom. We have divided up boys/girls for the Secret Mickey ... We will be doing 2 separate groups for this, but as for FE, we will only have ONE for our entire family ...
Hope this makes sense?

Mindy

Is anyone going super early?

I have 9 adults and 3 kiddies going.... One of those adults is 85 and in a wheelchair... Grandpa.. :moped:

Rounding up this family is not easy! Would getting to port at 9:45 be too early?

Are they actually going by the check-in times? or are those for Port Canavral only?

:idea:
I was thinking of having the husbands drive the ladies, kids and Grandpa to port, then have the husbands drive the cars back to the hotel and have them take the shuttle back to the port and meet us there.

I'm I over thinking this!?!?:confused:

:headache::headache:

I have 9 adults and 3 kiddies going.... One of those adults is 85 and in a wheelchair... Grandpa.. :moped:

Rounding up this family is not easy! Would getting to port at 9:45 be too early?

Are they actually going by the check-in times? or are those for Port Canavral only?

I was thinking of having the husbands drive the ladies, kids and Grandpa to port, then have the husbands drive the cars back to the hotel and have them take the shuttle back to the port and meet us there.

I actually responded to this same question over on the Cruise Line Forum. We're planning on arriving at our port arrival time. And parking at the port.
I'm not sure, I may have DH drop us and bags at terminal and then him go park.

I have a floor-length gown for both formal night and semi-formal night.

Corinna

I probably am too!

DD and were thinking about doing long dresses, she has one she doesn't get to wear and she really wants to. I don't really have one.

I was thinking about wearing my wedding dress (25 years later!) It doesn't really look really "bridal". Very old-fashioned, high neck, and lacy. In fact, some of the lacy area isn't so white anymore because it's aged. Tried it on yesterday and DH isn't so keen on me wearing it. :(

Soooo, I guess I'll look around and see if I can find something that doesn't cost too much, since I won't be wearing it a lot. If I can't find anything, it'll have to be the wedding dress. ;)

Officially the port opens at 10:30 and yes, you need to select an arrival time when doing your online check in and you are tied to this arrival slot.

We are going to have a new experience this time round. We are staying at the Grand Californian both before and after the cruise and we are using DCL transfers. So we won't even be picked up until 12:15.

Corinna

Good morning!

Time to get up and about. Just stopped by and had to go to page 3 to find us.

Time for me to wake up DS and take our daily walk. :headache: I try to up my walking schedule everytime I take a cruise.

Anybody ready to go?

I am not ready by a long stretch, but I have just over 8 weeks to go so it is all good.

Corinna

Hi everyone,
We ahve been putting final touches to our DL plans this week and now I can start sorting the FE gifts together. Can't wait for this holiday, I soooo need to get away from work.

I have a floor length dress for formal night, now just need to put semi formal dress together.

Hope everyone is well and can't wait to meet you all real soon.

Becky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter