October 2nd Mexican Riviera Cruise

Which design should we have for our embarkation t shirt?

• DCL T Shirt Basic

• Wonder T Shirt 3

• Wonder T Shirt 6

• Mickey's Mexican Mouseketeers

• Disney Wonder Animated

Results are only viewable after voting.
They are all free and you just turn up. There is likely to be an Art of Entertainment on each sea day and they usually take place in Studio Sea around 10 AM. They usually do one more appetizer, one for and entree and one for dessert during the cruise. They are adults only as is the Art of the Theme Ship Tour, which I would definitely recommend.

Towel folding and the scrap booking party is for families. The scrap booking party should come with a bit of a warning. You get two sheets of DCL paper and they have some foam letters and shapes, markers and various things to cut up like old Navigators, brochures, letter paper, etc and then you are just left to your own devices. It is usually a bit of a free for all.

Corinna

I love to scrapbook, but am more of a Digital Scrapbooker ... I think I will be bringing my laptop, and maybe I will just work on my scrapbooks that way. If anyone is interested in learning digital scrapbooking, we could set up a time and do that, too! It is so much easier than traditional scrapbooking, and way less messy! :)
I have made books from our Disneyland trips ...
Here is one ....http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectId=1292502&productId=11&projectSponsor=202724

The thing I love about Digital Scrabooking, is that you can make it once and then order extra copies ... My parents came with us to Disneyland that time, and I was able to order them a copy for Christmas.

I love to take pictures! I've already warned my kids that we will be taking lots! :)

Mindy

GUH!! I am having a meltdown!! I neeeeed it to be October already!! :dance3:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I am on the disboards every day! My kids think I'm crazy!
I finished our t-shirts for the first day, and my DS16 said, "Whew ... now that you've finished the shirts, you won't be all Crazy-Disney" ... What? I'm just getting started! :rotfl2:
And YES we are sooooo ready for October to get here, and not just because it was 106 degrees today!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I am on the disboards every day! My kids think I'm crazy!
I finished our t-shirts for the first day, and my DS16 said, "Whew ... now that you've finished the shirts, you won't be all Crazy-Disney" ... What? I'm just getting started! :rotfl2:
And YES we are sooooo ready for October to get here, and not just because it was 106 degrees today!

hahaa!:laughing: HIGH FIVE!! I check it every day... several times a day! We went to town for a bit today and there is a new toy store, It sells all pirate stuff!! I was so excited all I could think about was FE gifts and decorating our stateroom. My hubba thinks I have lost my mind! I have little piles all over the place... magnets, tshirts, tote bags, FE gifts...help!

hahaa!:laughing: HIGH FIVE!! I check it every day... several times a day! We went to town for a bit today and there is a new toy store, It sells all pirate stuff!! I was so excited all I could think about was FE gifts and decorating our stateroom. My hubba thinks I have lost my mind! I have little piles all over the place... magnets, tshirts, tote bags, FE gifts...help!

Oh I have an entire section of my closet dedicated to this cruise! :cool1:
Not sure how we will get it all there ... my kids might just have to wear the same outfit the entire time, so we will have room in our luggage for all the "FUN" stuff!:thumbsup2

Oh I have an entire section of my closet dedicated to this cruise! :cool1:
Not sure how we will get it all there ... my kids might just have to wear the same outfit the entire time, so we will have room in our luggage for all the "FUN" stuff!:thumbsup2

Priorities!! :laundy:

How do I access the spreadsheet? Remember, I'm only partly computer-literate.

:cutie:

It will be nice and easy. I will PM you a link and all you do is have to click it. The spreadsheet also doubles as the Fish Extender list. At the moment I can't get into my PMs. It keeps telling me that the board is down. Yet, I can get into everything else.

Becky, We are hoping to do a lot of the onboard activities too! I am assuming that all of the activities are included in the cost of the cruise.
My girls really want to do the towel folding and scrapbooking, too! They are excited to meet your girls. Sydney is 6 also and is glad that she will have some new friends! :)

I can't believe it is less than 10 weeks!

Mindy

The majority of onboard activities is free. There is an extra charge for Bingo and also for the various tastings.

GUH!! I am having a meltdown!! I neeeeed it to be October already!! :dance3:

Part of me feels the same way, but part of me is scared that it is getting so close and I have so much left to do.

I love to scrapbook, but am more of a Digital Scrapbooker ... I think I will be bringing my laptop, and maybe I will just work on my scrapbooks that way. If anyone is interested in learning digital scrapbooking, we could set up a time and do that, too! It is so much easier than traditional scrapbooking, and way less messy! :)
I have made books from our Disneyland trips ...
Here is one ....http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectId=1292502&productId=11&projectSponsor=202724

The thing I love about Digital Scrabooking, is that you can make it once and then order extra copies ... My parents came with us to Disneyland that time, and I was able to order them a copy for Christmas.

I love to take pictures! I've already warned my kids that we will be taking lots! :)

Mindy

I love the digital scrapbook. One of those days, I have to try my hand at something like this.

Corinna

Hello, everyone, (Hi Corrina!)

We just booked last night. Am currently looking over the port adventures, so we can try and reserve them tonight when DH gets home.

An introduction:

Me - Linda (3 DCL cruises)
DH - Mike (same)
DS - John (lst cruise, ever)

I'll be back later to chat more.

:welcome:

OK, I've booked everything I wanted.

We got Palo bruch, Historic Towns & Tequila making (Puerto Vallarta), Coastal Highlights & Land's End Coastal Cruise (Cabo). We're good to go.

Congrats! What a great way to start off!

Good luck to everyone else who is getting ready to book their excursions and Palo!

The weeks are flying by so quickly now! 11 weeks from today!

DS comes home this Friday for his longest break all year (2 weeks). Hubby and other DS have a camping trip planned for them (I've already started school) and then we have several days together. After that, I'll be all planning and prepping for all of the fun! I love having these trips to look forward to! I think I may have a Disney vacation planning disorder.:love: I'm already looking to see when we can go again and which cruise we want to do next so that we can book onboard. :rolleyes1

Have a wonderful week everyone, and 'Good Luck!!'

:welcome:

Congrats! What a great way to start off!

Good luck to everyone else who is getting ready to book their excursions and Palo!

The weeks are flying by so quickly now! 11 weeks from today!

DS comes home this Friday for his longest break all year (2 weeks). Hubby and other DS have a camping trip planned for them (I've already started school) and then we have several days together. After that, I'll be all planning and prepping for all of the fun! I love having these trips to look forward to! I think I may have a Disney vacation planning disorder.:love: I'm already looking to see when we can go again and which cruise we want to do next so that we can book onboard. :rolleyes1

Have a wonderful week everyone, and 'Good Luck!!'

I know what you mean about the planning. Graham always says that I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Planning Disorder. I have to say that he likes it just fine when everything is planned out and working smoothly.

Ever since about 4 months before our first cruise, I had always had two cruises to plan for. We booked a 4 night cruise on the Wonder for September 2008, because the one we really wanted (a five night double dip cruise on the Magic) was sold out. This became available again in May 2008 and we ended up doing them back to back with just one night in a hotel in between.

On the second cruise, we booked a Western Caribbean cruise for 2009 and a month later, we booked the Westbound Transatlantic for September 2010.

While we were on the Western Caribbean, I booked the Eastbound Transatlantic for April 2010 and a Eastern Caribbean for February 2011. We did not end up taking either of those cruises. We transferred the Eastern Caribbean Cruise to the first Med cruise in 2010 and the Eastbound Transatlantic to this cruise. So for a while, I had 3 cruises to plan for.

When we were on the Westbound Transatlantic last year, we booked the Panama Canal Cruise for this January. Once that was over, I had almost 3 months with just one cruise booked before I booked the Hawaii cruise for next year.

This will not happen again as I am hoping to book a 4 night cruise on the Dream for both of us for November 2012 while we are on the Wonder in October and I am hoping book a 3 night cruise to make it a back to back cruise for me, while Graham goes and explores the Everglades.

I can't believe that it is now only 10 weeks until our vacation starts, 11 weeks until the cruise and 12 weeks until our vow renewal. Time will just fly. I have a couple of things to look forward to beforehand as well.

During the weekend of August 19th to 21st, we are going to have a UK reunion from the Transatlantic cruise last year. It will be so nice to see a lot of the people who we cruised with again.

We are also hoping to do a murder mystery dinner at a local hotel at the beginning of September.

Corinna

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, could I please ask you that if I do not have the name of everybody in your party that you could please PM them to me as soon as possible. I am working flat out on the little surprise that I have been blotting and I would like to finalize this before I go to work tomorrow. So I urgently need all the names. I think I am missing the names for 5 cabins.

Corinna

Wow! You do like to cruise. I am so jealous. :thumbsup2. I am very blessed to get to cruise every two years or so. We try to do Disney at least once a year. The DVC club was the best thing we ever did. We used this years points to cruise and next year we are sending our son and future daughter-in-law to the new Hawaiian Disney Resort for their honeymoon. :hug:. I love being able to share the DVC with my kids and grandkids.:love:.

Hello, everybody,

I just went back and read the whole thread, so I could be up to speed (sort of).

An intro:

Me - Linda; DH - Mike; DS -John.

Mike & I took our lst Disney cruise on the WBPC 2008. Actually, it was our first cruise, ever. Yes, 15 nights for our first cruise. We were hooked before we even started. We then decided to do the WBTA 2010. Another long one. Since we booked that one 2 years out, DH decided (in May 2009)that he couldn't wait another year to cruise, so we went to Alaska on HAL. Then about 5 months prior to the WBTA we decided to add the 10 day Med cruise just prior to it. Well, we already had the airfare paid for!

That means this cruise will be one of our "short" cruises.

We've decided to try to introduce our kids (now grown, for the most part) to DCL. John is our oldest DS - 22. There is a slight possibility that our DD (and her boyfriend) will be joining us. It depends if they make the decision soon enough for us to get a second room for them.

My favorite Disney character: depending on my current mood: Tink, or Stitch, or Mickey.

Are we using the poll to decide which logo we are going to use for us to find each other? Did anyone notice the Disney animated one has Donald, Daisy and Goofy in thier Alaska clothes?

That's all I can think of right now. Talk to you later.

Ever since about 4 months before our first cruise, I had always had two cruises to plan for. We booked a 4 night cruise on the Wonder for September 2008, because the one we really wanted (a five night double dip cruise on the Magic) was sold out. This became available again in May 2008 and we ended up doing them back to back with just one night in a hotel in between.

On the second cruise, we booked a Western Caribbean cruise for 2009 and a month later, we booked the Westbound Transatlantic for September 2010.

While we were on the Western Caribbean, I booked the Eastbound Transatlantic for April 2010 and a Eastern Caribbean for February 2011. We did not end up taking either of those cruises. We transferred the Eastern Caribbean Cruise to the first Med cruise in 2010 and the Eastbound Transatlantic to this cruise. So for a while, I had 3 cruises to plan for.

When we were on the Westbound Transatlantic last year, we booked the Panama Canal Cruise for this January. Once that was over, I had almost 3 months with just one cruise booked before I booked the Hawaii cruise for next year.

This will not happen again as I am hoping to book a 4 night cruise on the Dream for both of us for November 2012 while we are on the Wonder in October and I am hoping book a 3 night cruise to make it a back to back cruise for me, while Graham goes and explores the Everglades.

I can't believe that it is now only 10 weeks until our vacation starts, 11 weeks until the cruise and 12 weeks until our vow renewal. Time will just fly. I have a couple of things to look forward to beforehand as well.

During the weekend of August 19th to 21st, we are going to have a UK reunion from the Transatlantic cruise last year. It will be so nice to see a lot of the people who we cruised with again.

We are also hoping to do a murder mystery dinner at a local hotel at the beginning of September.

Corinna
[/QUOTE]

Corinna what adventures you and Graham have had--and what fun ones still lie ahead! You've given me inspiration--life should always have something exciting to be looking forward to and planning for.

My guest room is one Disney explosion. With three little boys, it has to stay out of their sight to stay safe! So I am able to go work on stuff, store things, and close the door. I too am anxious for the final roll call to get the finishing touches on my FE gifts.

Welcome aboard to the new family joining us! I can't wait to meet you all in person! Mindy and I are counting down the hours to when we can register for our excursions...this trip has been a lesson in patience!!! I now have better empathy for my kids and Christmas morning. lol

:) Meredith

Oh and speaking of FE gifts, with the addition of my mother and father-in-law to our cruise, we will be signing our gifts with "Evans{5}"--as now there are additional "Other Evans" on board! lol! Yes, I do love me some Jackson 5. So I thought this name would work. Well that, and I do have a son named Jackson. :) Okay let's face it--my creative juices are tired so I can't think of a better name or something as clever as Mindy's rhyme. :) (And "Tink and the Lost Boys"--while fitting-- just seemed a bit too long. ha ha! How I, the glitter/rhinestone/sparkle-loving girl that I am, ended up surrounded by boys--I'll never know!! lol)

Anyway--there's the 7Evans, us Evans{5}, and then the whatever name my mother-in-law decides on--maybe the "Original Evans?" :)

Meredith

P.S.
Bless you. I am so glad you are ok. I have to agree...Disney is worth it.
ha ha! Kelly I am going to get along just fine with you. :)

Mindy,
I am looking forward to meeting you too. Maybe we can scrapbook together/
Maddie and Hannah are keen to meet Sydney and the other kids too, but they are also unsure of leaving their cousins.
Me, I'm all for doing what you need to do to have a GREAT holiday.

See you soon
Becky:wave2:

Wow! You do like to cruise. I am so jealous. :thumbsup2. I am very blessed to get to cruise every two years or so. We try to do Disney at least once a year. The DVC club was the best thing we ever did. We used this years points to cruise and next year we are sending our son and future daughter-in-law to the new Hawaiian Disney Resort for their honeymoon. :hug:. I love being able to share the DVC with my kids and grandkids.:love:.

Well, I have a lot of catching up to do. I have been working on Graham to go on a cruise ever since out honeymoon in 1998 and he was just not having any of it. I finally convinced him when we bought into DVC and were given double points for the first year. Fortunately once he experienced his first cruise, he loved it as much as I did and now there is no risk of him not wanting to cruise again.

We love our DVC, too and would agree that this is the best thing we ever did, even though we have nobody to share it with. It completely changed our vacations and all for the better. Actually, it changed more than that. Without DVC I doubt that I would have ever come across the DIS and I made so many friends on here.

Hello, everybody,

I just went back and read the whole thread, so I could be up to speed (sort of).

An intro:

Me - Linda; DH - Mike; DS -John.

Mike & I took our lst Disney cruise on the WBPC 2008. Actually, it was our first cruise, ever. Yes, 15 nights for our first cruise. We were hooked before we even started. We then decided to do the WBTA 2010. Another long one. Since we booked that one 2 years out, DH decided (in May 2009)that he couldn't wait another year to cruise, so we went to Alaska on HAL. Then about 5 months prior to the WBTA we decided to add the 10 day Med cruise just prior to it. Well, we already had the airfare paid for!

That means this cruise will be one of our "short" cruises.

We've decided to try to introduce our kids (now grown, for the most part) to DCL. John is our oldest DS - 22. There is a slight possibility that our DD (and her boyfriend) will be joining us. It depends if they make the decision soon enough for us to get a second room for them.

My favorite Disney character: depending on my current mood: Tink, or Stitch, or Mickey.

Are we using the poll to decide which logo we are going to use for us to find each other? Did anyone notice the Disney animated one has Donald, Daisy and Goofy in thier Alaska clothes?

That's all I can think of right now. Talk to you later.

Thanks for the introduction. I keep my fingers crossed that your daughter and her boyfriend can join us.

Corinna what adventures you and Graham have had--and what fun ones still lie ahead! You've given me inspiration--life should always have something exciting to be looking forward to and planning for.

My guest room is one Disney explosion. With three little boys, it has to stay out of their sight to stay safe! So I am able to go work on stuff, store things, and close the door. I too am anxious for the final roll call to get the finishing touches on my FE gifts.

Welcome aboard to the new family joining us! I can't wait to meet you all in person! Mindy and I are counting down the hours to when we can register for our excursions...this trip has been a lesson in patience!!! I now have better empathy for my kids and Christmas morning. lol

:) Meredith

You should see my apartment at the moment. It is slowly but surely taken over by vow renewal and cruise stuff. Of course Graham can't see the vow renewal stuff until the big day so I had to find places to hide it.

I have a pretty stressful job and I don't think I would survive this long-term if I did not always have something to look forward to.

Oh and speaking of FE gifts, with the addition of my mother and father-in-law to our cruise, we will be signing our gifts with "Evans{5}"--as now there are additional "Other Evans" on board! lol! Yes, I do love me some Jackson 5. So I thought this name would work. Well that, and I do have a son named Jackson. :) Okay let's face it--my creative juices are tired so I can't think of a better name or something as clever as Mindy's rhyme. :) (And "Tink and the Lost Boys"--while fitting-- just seemed a bit too long. ha ha! How I, the glitter/rhinestone/sparkle-loving girl that I am, ended up surrounded by boys--I'll never know!! lol)

Anyway--there's the 7Evans, us Evans{5}, and then the whatever name my mother-in-law decides on--maybe the "Original Evans?" :)

Meredith

P.S.
ha ha! Kelly I am going to get along just fine with you. :)

Could you please let me have the name of your in-laws?

Corinna

Could you please let me have the name of your in-laws?

Corinna

You bet! They are Gene & Jana Evans. Sorry I haven't PM'ed you yet Corinna-- I haven't gotten confirmation if they are going to do the FE or the Secret Mickey. They are currently traveling up in Alaska so I'm just waiting to hear!

They are the parents of my husband and Mindy's husband. :)

They are Gene & Jana Evans. Sorry I haven't PM'ed you yet Corinna-- I haven't gotten confirmation if they are going to do the FE or the Secret Mickey. They are currently traveling up in Alaska so I'm just waiting to hear!

Just got a text. It is a yes for both--yes to Secret Mickey and yes to Fish Extender. It is just the two of them in their cabin.

You bet! They are Gene & Jana Evans. Sorry I haven't PM'ed you yet Corinna-- I haven't gotten confirmation if they are going to do the FE or the Secret Mickey. They are currently traveling up in Alaska so I'm just waiting to hear!

They are the parents of my husband and Mindy's husband. :)

Thanks, this perfect.

Just got a text. It is a yes for both--yes to Secret Mickey and yes to Fish Extender. It is just the two of them in their cabin.

Thanks again. I will update the spreadsheet later in the week. Do they have a cabin number yet or are they GTY? Early or late dinner?

Well, I got the t shirts today that I ordered for the cruise and I really like them. I had two t shirts made in white with the smallest graphic on the front on both. On the back I had the round graphic on one and the square text graphic on the other. I also had two black t shirts made, one with the Wonder Animated and one with the Mexican Mouseketeers. They all look really nice. I had not noticed that the characters were wearing their winter clothes, but considering how cold it was on the last sea day on the Panama Canal cruise, this may be entirely appropriate.

I also got business cards made with the Mexican Mouseketeers with my real name, my DIS name and my email address on it. I will add those to my Fish Extender gifts so that people know who they are from. I also take a few extra cards on the cruise if I meet people that I want to stay in touch with, I can just give them a card.

I keep my fingers crossed for those of you who are making your reservations tomorrow. I hope that you will get everything you are hoping for.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter