• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 29, 2005 Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Julie :wave2:

The Dis'ers are doing our own T or Ting. Go to the first page about 1/2 way down and all the info is there.

As for what DCL does, not sure as this is our first cruise but I am sure someone here will have a answer for ya.

Kim

sjrptreno said:
OK, I see that I'm a bit late finding this discussion, seeing that it's been going on for over a year!

We're going on the 10-29-05 Magic and I'm wondering what Disney does for Halloween celebrations. It looks like the grown ups don't need costumes, but what about the kids?

Thanks!

Julie

BOY ARE YOU BEHIND!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2: I thought I wuz behind when I started. I was also a bit surprised when I saw they started a year early. But now, after reading some of the threads around here, nothing surprises me. :goodvibes I have now caught up though, read 10 pages here, 10 pages there. I now have read all of our pages!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Anyhoo....welcome, and if you go to page 1, what is it people post 13? You will see most of our names, and how many kids we have, and some of our plans. There is stuff on board planned, but we are having our own TOT too (one person in your party goes w/kids, one person stays in stateroom for all of us to come around and give us some CANDY!!!)

Soccerdad!!!!!!! Buddy!!!!!! Pal!!!!!!! If you have room after Harrod's, wouldja bring me back a couple packages of Hob Knobs????? I'll pay you back, promise. Hey, if you are up in Storrington, give a shout out to my father in law will ya?? :wave:

Just kidding on that one....BUT NOT ABOUT THE HOB KNOBS!!!!!! PLEASE????!!!!!! :sad: :worship: :worship:

Now, the first person to write him back and tell him I am on a diet......GETS IT!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Ixnay on the ellingtay........

Tenor :rolleyes1

KIM - I have a Cat 10...20 more feet of space!! So we spill into the halls...hey..it's a party!

Between this thread and the LOST threads, I am sooo not getting anything done today! More time to plan!

Tenor:

May I ask what a "hob knob" is??? :confused3

I'm guessing by your reaction...it's some kinda sweet treat?? yes/no.....do tell

Hugs,

RonnieJo :flower:

trishy said:
:cool1: Yeah!!!! One month!!!

Lynne: We "squeezed" 2 more into our reservation for 2 on our first cruise - Palo is pretty cool about it. They seem to understand and even encourage passengers to get to know each other and meet up for meals. DCL really wants to please everyone.

You'll absolutely love this cruise. Having cruised 2 other lines, I'm soooo looking forward to being back on DCL.

One month!!!!

Trishy, thanks to you and DaBeano for the info. I totally agree about how friendly DCL is. I have also been on 2 other lines, Carnival (8 or 9 cruises) and NCL (2 cruises), and I have one cruise on the Disney Magic under my belt, and really, they do make you feel so special. The reason I wasn't sure about Palo making way for a 5th was because the last time I cruised it was just me and DD (her Christmas present) and I went to Palo all alone.... :sad: Don't get me wrong, I still loved it. :love: But I am glad I will have others to join me this time, so they can see what I already knew, that Palo ROCKS!!! :banana:

Lynne

p.s. EDIT FOR RJ: They are LIKE BUTTAH!!!!!!!! Love dem Hob Knobs. They are a chocolate dipped cookie (or as they call cookies over there...biscuit). VERY YUMMY, addicting too, and ya can't get them here, unless you go to one of them thar specialty English shops, or possibly order them online, although if there is a place to order them online, DON'T ANYONE TELL ME!!! I would order them all the time. :love: :love:

HI BETSY AND KIM :wave: :wave:

OK, I just read on the upgrade thread that people who are cruising after us have upgrades??? What about us????? I beleive they are all on Wonder...not sure if that matters....

OK, sorry Beano whining again :confused3

Kim

Hockeychic said:
OK, I just read on the upgrade thread that people who are cruising after us have upgrades??? What about us????? I beleive they are all on Wonder...not sure if that matters....

OK, sorry Beano whining again :confused3

Kim
You have angered the Doc gods..therefore..it is Deck One - over a big engine for you! :rotfl:

Hello to everyone
I am still new to this,but I have been away,and not had a chance to get caught up.Boy I can hardly believe it is almost here I am so excited to finally be off of work for 10 days!!!.Anyone have any good ideas for a group of 11 adults to dress up for halloween as??
Thanks for all the help!!
GO YANKEES!! :banana: :earboy2: :cheer2: :cool1:

Betsy I have been checking the DCL site for my cabin number to appear but no luck, so I called DCL and they told me because I booked with a TA it will not show up, so I have called my TA and she will look into it for me.

Actually I have heard the the ship doesn't move as much the lower you are so deck 1 would be OK....

Kim

Howdy to all my Peeps!!!! :wave: Wait, I am not sure I have peeps....nobody really knows me yet :confused3

It's time again for the Passport Dance... :dancer: Me and hubby's finally arrived, took 3 weeks. Deep down, I knew that it would be okay, but still glad that I am good to go until September of 2015!! Then apparently, I EXPIRE!!! :earseek:

Desperately trying not to upset ye ole God of Docs... :worship: but it is exciting to think that I might get an upgrade, although as I mentioned before, I guess I don't have as good a chance as some of you others, since our ressie is linked to Miss Judit, and they are not going to upgrade her because she is the only one in her room.

Lynne

:wave2: Hey all!

Y'all have been busy since yesterday! Getting DSL (ok-we're behind the times here) 10/2 so maybe be able to chat with you more often.

Welcome Cathy and Julie! It's never to late to join the party!

Tenor: So awfully kind of you to offer up your Palo table! I will definitely do the ressie run but who knows, an angry UPS driver may spot me running for the line and take me out, therefore ending my chances of Palo forever. :rotfl2: Then I just may take you up on that offer. :banana:
The photo op with the girls is a must.

Betsy: You're killing me here....what did UPS bring??

Beano: My shirt not a bad as "this is my costume" I think it is a glittery pumpkin that says "happy halloween". I saw a shirt for DH that said "I love witches" or "I love a witch" or something like that. I thought it was absolutely hysterical but he wouldn't wear it. :rolleyes: The black shirt with the word "pirate" on the front was also voted down. :confused3 Guess he'll just have to go find his own.

:listen: Thrilled to hear the 10/22 er's are getting their docs.

Luckey: Padres vs. Angels would be spectacular!! :banana:

OK- gotta get something done. Been going through the cruise pile and looking at all of the "things" I need to pack; one more month, one more month.

Have a great day.

Welcome Julie, Cathy and families!!!! Private Messages await the both of you with information about Halloween-related activities.

Kristin - 11 :scratchin Maybe a team? A hockey team, softball/baseball team? That would be fun. Easy to find matching uniforms at Sport Chalet or Big 5 - some other sporting goods store. :confused3 I'm not a creative mind, but I think it's neat you'll all be dressed up. :earboy2:

Now you guys all have me looking out the windows for a UPS truck!!! It's driving me nuts! We booked on DVC points and I can't remember if we got them quick or not the last time.

Johnna said:
Luckey: Padres vs. Angels would be spectacular!!
:jumping1:

Still crossing my fingers for you, Kim, that an upgrade comes through :wizard:

Lynne - what will it take to be one of your 'peeps' - I just may take you up on that. Never been a peep before. ;) At least that I know of. :confused3
:rotfl2:

Have a great day all. Survivor tonight!!! :cool1:

Trish: Well, well, you would be so surprised at how easy it is to be one of my peeps!!!!! I think breathing and having a pulse is about as picky as I get...
BUT if you are going to be one of my peeps, then you have to keep your fingers crossed for me to get an upgrade too, not just Kim.....petty, petty. :teeth:

Lynneski

I got it!!!! I can't believe it!!!! Let the party begin!!!!

I GOT OUR SHIRTS!!!!!

They are so pretty! I don't want to wash them!!! WOO HOO!

what?? You thought it was something else??? Please to not upset the DG's!!

DisneyDmbNut said:
I got it!!!! I can't believe it!!!! Let the party begin!!!!

I GOT OUR SHIRTS!!!!!

They are so pretty! I don't want to wash them!!! WOO HOO!

what?? You thought it was something else??? Please to not upset the DG's!!

Knock knock?
Who's there?
UPS guy!
UPS guy who? :shaking with excitement: :hyper:
UPS guy who DOES NOT HAVE your documents
but has your binoculars that you ordered for the cruise instead.

Darn. I was so close. :(

Is there anything wrong with printing them off of the DCL website :confused3
I saw the link when I was booking our excusions but did not dare print them if the experienced cruisers made no mention of this location on the thread. Is anyone else dressing in Beauty and the Beast attire? DDad-Gaston, DM -Featherduster, DS (8)- Beast, DD (8) -Book Belle, DD (3) - Princess Belle, DGma -The Rose, and DGpa -Papa. I need some ideas for Gaston??? :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter