• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 29, 2005 Magic Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
trishy said:
We booked the 1-2 time slot. Our reason is this: My hubby and daughters love to snorkel. At Castaway Cay, the water gets really murky after about 2 hours - we get there at 9 so we figure they'll snorkel until 11ish, then have lunch, and afterward do the Stingrays. We want to be heading back to the ship at about 3 to start cleaning up and get the little one ready for the "Goodbye" show that the Oceaneer staff does that evening.

Sounds like fun. I was surprised it opened early. I thought they were going for Oct 2 or something.:confused3 Oh well, our gain. :cool1:

We're booked at the same time! :banana:

DisneyDmbNut said:
Barb - are you booked with DU...they have to change my reservation so I can't "give" it to you or I would!

Hey, to poke my nose into this....and this could just me being simple...and you have probably thought of this already...BUT what is to keep you two guys from just outright swapping?? Do you both have the same amount of people? If not then no way you can't do it. But if so, nobody knows the name of the people that are suppose to be there, you just show up at the opposite time, and take the other one's place, and nobuddy would care.

Saralinda's pretty dress came today. I went ahead and let her try it on. It's a little big, but I am currently trying to get her to TAKE IT OFF!!! I have threatened bad things if she eats or drinks in it, course she just laughed at me...that's how askerd of me she is :confused3. What a strict disciplinarian I am. :p

Tenor...........TOO FUNNY!!!

Trishy...we booked the stingrays at 10. I figure that way we are the first group and then afterwards we can head back to our spot by The Heads Up Bar!

:listen: Seems to me that I can hear "sailaway drinks" calling my name!!!!

Hugs,

RonnieJo :flower:

I just booked also.

We are 1 - 2 PM.

We have Parasailing at 10:30 then we can rest a bit before we are off to swim with the stingrays..

Oh sad news for me....I finally got a room assignment....no upgrade...that is OK I really wasn't expecting one. I know there is still time for that to be changed...just happy I am on the ship.

Kim

I may be behind on this, but I still have some of you folks with no stateroom numbers.... if you know yours, could you please let me know, thanks!

Missing room numbers for:

Sparrow of Tortuga
LuckeyLasVegas
SueEllen
Hockeychic
Dopeychick
Evield44
Tenorsinging
TomTO
Yunchman

Hugs,

RonnieJo :flower:

tarzanman said:
:rotfl: These was nothing behind my reference to the Tootsie Pop commercial. I remember all kind of stupid things like that.

For all you Michigan/Ohio people:

Remember when you were a kid. Well part of you still is. And that's why we make Faygo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL!!!

Every once in awhile TV Land station does "Retromercials". Love those. How about this one?

:rolleyes1 My bologna has a first name...It's O S C A R.........yada yada.....
Cuz Oscar Meyer has a way with B O L O G N A!!!!!!!

TAH DAH!!!!!

Edited to say: Do not have stateroom assignments yet. Afraid to give to RJ in case she has catalog of British Foods lurking to hide in stateroom.... :rolleyes:

Should I call my TA? Or just go with the flow and not risk upsetting Doc God's and still hold out that little hope I have for upgrade?

Kim, no document dance???

Tenor :wave:

"Hot dogs. Armour hot dogs. What kind of kids eat Armour hot dogs? Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks..." :)

Ok, our day at CC is planned out now. Stingrays first thing in the morning, then sumptin' to eat at Cookies, then I'll see if I can make the Head's Up Bar run out of beer. :cool1:

Cruising good. Working bad. ::yes::

'Beano' :cool:

Hey tenor....nope, no docs yet. My TA called yesterday and there was nothing. It was only when I went online to book the stingray thingy that I saw the room assignment.

Did you check online???

Someone on another board just told me that they will assign a room in your cat first but to keep watching as you could still very well get upgraded right up until you show up at the port. I wish I was a little lower on the ship, I understand the lower on the ship the less movement but where we are looks pretty good.

Kim

Well it's an upgrade but I'm sure how keen I am on it. It looks like we got 1049 which is a catagory 10 but I'm not sure how much I like being in the bottom of the boat. On the plus side I 'll be REAL close to the cabin when getting on and off the ship ! Oh well I won't be down there to much any - how.

Wow, that is nice....did you book a cat 12 or 11.

We only booked the 12, knowing we would get an 11 so we did get a upgrade. But like you said I do not plan on spending alot of time in the room. But hey we can always hope for that cat 4 upgrade right,

Kim

Checked on line, Me, Tim and the Pook have 6643, and Miss Judit got 6645. So officially I guess we did get an upgrade from 12 to 11, but at least we are next to each other. Makes it easier to transfer the Pook back and forth. Pretty much knew with the tied ressie and Miss Judit only one in room, not gonna get too high up an upgrade. I am sure the room will be fine. Tried to look at the ship diagram, doesn't look like anything noisy is above us, just other rooms, not the spa, or workout room or anything.

So to those interested: Tim, Lynne, Saralinda 6643
Miss Judit: 6645

Now here is a question. How much candy should I bring for the TOTing?

HEY SUE ELLEN!!!! I want you to bring those pictures of those nekkid sailors you wuz talkin bout on that other post. Inquiring minds want to know... :rolleyes:

Lynne

p.s. :rolleyes1 I'd like to teach the world to sing...... :rolleyes1

Hi Again!! I'm still new here, and woooh, this is a chatty bunch. But believe me, I can hold my own -- my parents still say the chatty Cathy doll was named after me! I believe it! LOL

Anyway, I wanted to say hello (again) and introduce myself. We, my husband Jim and my son Ethan, age 3, will be cruising with you all. We live outside of lexington, KY, and we'll be flying in the day of the cruise. We booked our airfare with the Disney folks, who assure anal-retentive me we will be at the ship in plenty of time. We also are using the Disney transportation. Please God, don't let it be a crappy school bus! :rotfl:

We have not booked any off-boat excursions. Since Ethan is newly potty-trained, we were iffy about the Oceaneer's Club, but we booked him there anyway. But he's doing great with the potty and we're excited. I want to see how he's going to do before I consider any excursions, though we may do a sight-see tour with him on one of the islands. If all goes well, we plan to leave him with the OC at CC and go snorkeling. I just got my doctor's go-ahead for all activities (recent miscarriage, but TMI there, huh!), so I'm really excited. The only upside to the miscarriage is that I will be able to snorkel after all! How's that for a silver lining??!!

We were not able to book Palo online, but I plan to book once we get on board. We also have the late dinner seating -- I'm considering asking to be wait-listed for the early one, but after reading a bunch of your posts and talking with some of the other cruisers on the other board, maybe the later seating isn't such a bad idea. My only concern is my son -- when he runs out of steam, it can be ugly. Don't want to be on course two of my meal and having him being a total punk butt! But I understand I can leave him in the OC. Wooh... so I can leave my punk butt with other people! What a concept! LOL

Ok, he's really a good kid, and I can't wait to see his face once he realizes what's going on. We've talked about "going on the big boat with Mickey Mouse" but he won't really understand until Oct. 29....

Anyway, that's me!! This will be our first cruise, and we're all really excited. I think we made the right choice going with this cruise line and this tour. Fingers crossed for good weather!

Cathy

Hockeychic said:
Wow, that is nice....did you book a cat 12 or 11.

We only booked the 12, knowing we would get an 11 so we did get a upgrade. But like you said I do not plan on spending alot of time in the room. But hey we can always hope for that cat 4 upgrade right,

Kim

We booked a 12 Gty. I thought because there was only three of us that we probably wouldn't get an upgrade. I still think that I would have been happier with an 11 on 5, or 6 but I'm sure this will be fine. The cabin is only three rooms from the main elevators and right up the hall from the gangway.

I almost forgot ! Thanks Tink !!!!

Tenorsinging said:
HEY SUE ELLEN!!!! I want you to bring those pictures of those nekkid sailors you wuz talkin bout on that other post. Inquiring minds want to know... :rolleyes:

Lynne

p.s. :rolleyes1 I'd like to teach the world to sing...... :rolleyes1

Ummmm, it was quite the experience! We were in Key West and it was sunset. This was Halloween cruise 2002 I think. Anyway right after the sun set here comes this boat sailing by with about 25 people on it all COMPLETELY naked :earseek: I had my camera still up because I was taking shots of the sunset and got about 4 shots of the cruisers. It was the talk of the cruise that evening because it went right past the Magic!!! Let's just say that some of them were "showing off" for the people slinging what they have around.
Funny thing was by the time I realized what I was seeing I realized my daughter was next to me and could see it all too!!! (I believe she was 11 on that cruise) I do have the pictures here in my Disney Cruise album (hidden behind other pictures :rotfl2: )

You all have been busy chatting away the last 24 hours! So many pages so little time. I have been crazy busy with work and this is the first chance I've had to read and post for a few minutes (taking a break)

Sue Ellen

hey all,

beanoc how bout them yankees, i will be glued all weekend to the tv..

kim, we are in room 6588 not far from you maybe will pass in the hall..

zachsmoms2000, we got our shirts yesterday they are awesome, mine is a little tight but ill stretch it out

Cathymg2 said:
Please God, don't let it be a crappy school bus! :rotfl:
No worries - wish I were taking one of those buses. They're really nice!

If all goes well, we plan to leave him with the OC at CC and go snorkeling.
That's a fantastic idea - and may I make a suggestion? Head over to the adult beach, Serenity Bay - not as crowded, no kids, and the snorkeling will be nicer.

But I understand I can leave him in the OC. Wooh... so I can leave my punk butt with other people! What a concept! LOL
That's the beauty of Disney Cruise Line - seriously. I'd leave the kids there 24/7 if I could. Why oh why don't they offer sleepovers...;)

Fingers crossed for good weather!
Consider them crossed.:sunny: Lots of sunshine :sunny:

Thanks to all of you who mentioned you booked the stingrays at CC and for talking about upgrades. I just went to disneycruise and found out I have a cabin # (we booked a cat 12 gty). It said category 12 so I was disappointed and though for sure we'd get a cat 11, but then looking at the deck plan it is a category 9 Oceanview. Hooray! I also booked the stingrays for CC. This is a great thread, thanks to all of you for sharing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter