October 26, 2013 HalloWonder Cruise

Welcome all our newbies! I will get everyone added to this list this evening! As always link is in my signature if you want to check it out later :)

Thank you for adding us to the list. So it's complete here is the rest of our information.

DH = Gary, DW = Robyn, DD = Lindsay (5)(Ariel, Cinderella, Merida, Rapunzel, Basically Any Disney Princess)

Celebrating - 20th Wedding Anniversary and Lindsay's 5th Birthday

Welcome aboard, gunka! We'll get you added to the FE. Do you want your DD to participate in the Trick or Treat? We're setting one up for our group only as we're not sure what DCL has planned. Our ToT will be stateroom to stateroom and we'll be providing a list of the participating staterooms. So glad to have you with us!

We are interested in participating, but curious how the ToT will work? And if there are other activities happening at the same time?

Love this part of cruising - planning and figuring everything out!

We are interested in participating, but curious how the ToT will work? And if there are other activities happening at the same time?

Love this part of cruising - planning and figuring everything out!

The way it will work is we have a list of all the kids that will participate so we can estimate how much candy. As far as the candy, everyone participating will donate candy. Many of the Texans driving to port have volunteered to purchase candy for the people flying in to save suitcase space and the flyers will reimburse the drivers. Heather is managing the list of drivers and flyers and will pair them up when we get closer to the sail date. Once we know everyone's stateroom number we'll figure out the path and how many staterooms we'll actually use for ToT. Right now we have 24 and the number will likely grow. We don't want to wear the kids down running all over the ship so we may consolidate to keep it simple, again depending on how distributed the staterooms are. Once we have the list of staterooms finalized we'll create a list/map for the parents and kids to follow. The participating staterooms will have the 'official' HalloWonder ToT magnet so the little ones will recognize it's the right stateroom. We still need to figure out how parents will take their little ones ToT and still distribute candy. We considered splitting the list so the first half would ToT at the staterooms of the second half and then vice versa.

With regards to the ship's events, most have decided that even if the ship has a ToT we're still going to hold ours and if someone chooses to drop out of ours that's okay. In looking at previous Navigators from Halloween, it appears that they have not always had ToT. It seems like the ship's Halloween events start around 4:30 so we'd do ours at 3:00. Hopefully we'll know the ship's schedule a few weeks before.

If you have any ideas or suggestions we'd be glad to hear them!

Hi!

I'm Courtney, engaged to Tallia with two DDs, Ever (11) and Lyric (4)! We will be sailing for the first time with all of you and celebrating mine and T's HONEYMOON (!) and my birthday!:cool1: We are looking forward to being a part of the FE group!

I requested to join the FB group as well. :thumbsup2

Since I'm a total newb, any links or advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi!

I'm Courtney, engaged to Tallia with two DDs, Ever (11) and Lyric (4)! We will be sailing for the first time with all of you and celebrating mine and T's HONEYMOON (!) and my birthday!:cool1: We are looking forward to being a part of the FE group!

Hi Courtney and welcome aboard! Congratulations to you and Tallia. We're going to be hosting Trick or Treating for the kids in the group and I'm assuming Ever and Lyric will want to participate. It should be a good time!

Hi!

By the way, in our FB group someone just posted about the FE that will explain what it's about. We have seasoned cruisers (not me yet!) who will be able to answer any questions. The DIS boards is really good for info as well. Have fun planning!

courtnidge said:
Hi!

Welcome and congrats! We did our honeymoon on a disney cruise last October it was amazing!!!!! I will get you added to the fe when I get home! Going to work and then the new kids on the block concert this evening woot woot!

Hello!!! :wave2:

Mom and I transfered from the Fantasy to the Wonder for Halloween yesterday! We are very excited to be sailling on the Wonder again. Mom is Vicki (MsTxMom here on the boards) and I am Michelle (41). We're currently in a GTY status for a navigator's verandah (oh, please come visit upgrade fairy!!). pixiedust:

We'd like to be in the FE and if it's not too late, can we be a part of both groups? I had read that option might be available when reading through the board.

We aren't going to trick or treat - but we are driving, so if someone needs us to pick up candy, we are more than happy to do that!

Can I be added to the waitlist for the Mixology class?

I'll find the FB group this evening and come play there, too!

Hello!!! :wave2:

Mom and I transfered from the Fantasy to the Wonder for Halloween yesterday! We are very excited to be sailling on the Wonder again. Mom is Vicki (MsTxMom here on the boards) and I am Michelle (41). We're currently in a GTY status for a navigator's verandah (oh, please come visit upgrade fairy!!). pixiedust:

We'd like to be in the FE and if it's not too late, can we be a part of both groups? I had read that option might be available when reading through the board.

We aren't going to trick or treat - but we are driving, so if someone needs us to pick up candy, we are more than happy to do that!

Can I be added to the waitlist for the Mixology class?

I'll find the FB group this evening and come play there, too!

Welcome Michelle! Glad to have you and your mom joining us on board! When you get to the FB group you'll find we're very active and chatty. There are tons of pictures as well. I'll be updating the Mixology list this evening. Heather (JiminysGirl) will take your name as a driver of candy. Looking forward to chatting more!

So bummed. Just found out the Server we met on our last cruise (and still talk to on FB) will not be on this Cruise. His contract ends Oct 12th :sad: He was a really fun guy and DD and DW really loved him. Oh well, a chance to meet someone new, which we have really enjoyed on past cruises.

So bummed. Just found out the Server we met on our last cruise (and still talk to on FB) will not be on this Cruise. His contract ends Oct 12th :sad: He was a really fun guy and DD and DW really loved him. Oh well, a chance to meet someone new, which we have really enjoyed on past cruises.

When was your last cruise? That's so wild that people connect with their servers. I've read other posts where people stay in touch with various CMs after the cruise. To quote Aladdin, it's "a whole new world" for me! Can't wait!!!

I really look forward to meeting a new server. Our last one (not on a Disney cruise) was not aware of personal bubbles. lol. He'd reach across me, get right on top of my shoulder to hand stuff or clear stuff, etc. It was really humorous.. like, "just how close is he going to get tonight". I almost just offered him a seat in my lap.

I really look forward to meeting a new server. Our last one (not on a Disney cruise) was not aware of personal bubbles. lol. He'd reach across me, get right on top of my shoulder to hand stuff or clear stuff, etc. It was really humorous.. like, "just how close is he going to get tonight". I almost just offered him a seat in my lap.

That would give me the heeby jeebies! I probably have a broader bubble than many, being an introvert and all. I naturally lean back when my space is invaded! :scared:

When was your last cruise? That's so wild that people connect with their servers. I've read other posts where people stay in touch with various CMs after the cruise. To quote Aladdin, it's "a whole new world" for me! Can't wait!!!

Our last cruise was Sept 2012 on the Wonder. On both of our previous cruises we have been very lucky to have great servers with whom we have become attached to. On our first cruise we had an assistant server name Julio from Mexico City he called our DD "Princesa" and "Soda"(since she always ordered Sprite). The nicknames stuck for a long time. On the last cruise we had Roman an assistant server and he too treated DD like royalty (and DW too), the entire serving team was from Ukraine/Croatia and it was very cool to learn about their country and culture. We still talk to Roman. On DD's birthday he sang Happy Birthday to her in his native language as well as English it was neat.

The other servers were just as kind and fun to get to know, but it always seems one stands out more than the others. When we look through our pictures they are often there and bring back fond memories.

I can only hope that we have the same luck this cruise.

This will be our first cruise in 7 years. I have many new questions now.

*Last time we did a Halloween cruise there was a group that organized trick-or-treating. Has anyone started that yet?

*We will be with 11, 12, and 13 year olds. Can someone confirm that those kids are able to check in and out of their club without a parent? Or let me know the rules for that age group.

*I saw that there is a facebook group started, can someone please tell me how to join that?

Much thanks for any info!!
robyn

*Last time we did a Halloween cruise there was a group that organized trick-or-treating. Has anyone started that yet?

*We will be with 11, 12, and 13 year olds. Can someone confirm that those kids are able to check in and out of their club without a parent? Or let me know the rules for that age group.

*I saw that there is a facebook group started, can someone please tell me how to join that?

robyn

Welcome Robyn! We do have an organized Trick or Treat event within our group. I'll be glad to add the kids. You can PM me their names.

I can't comment on the clubs but I know someone in our group can. The Facebook group name is Disney HalloWonder Cruise 2013. Request to join and I'll get you approved.

Glad to have you join our group!

robyn

I am certain that your 11, 12 and 13 year olds are able to check themselves in and out of the club, as my 10 year old niece will be able to do so on this cruise.

Welcome!!

Hi! Three more to join the group. My DH Terry and DD Lauren (23) and myself Debbie.
It's been over 10 years since we cruised the Wonder. I found my old drink mug that in the old days you purchased just like the resorts if you wanted soft drinks. Nice to not carry that thing around but we just replaced it with the beer mug!!! Haha
Sorry we missed mixology ...
Thanks for all the hard work organizing everything!!!

Hi! Three more to join the group. My DH Terry and DD Lauren (23) and myself Debbie.
It's been over 10 years since we cruised the Wonder. I found my old drink mug that in the old days you purchased just like the resorts if you wanted soft drinks. Nice to not carry that thing around but we just replaced it with the beer mug!!! Haha
Sorry we missed mixology ...
Thanks for all the hard work organizing everything!!!

Welcome! Can't go wrong with the Beer Mug :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter