October 26, 2013 HalloWonder Cruise

Does anyone know what the temperatures at night are? DH was wondering if it cools down in the evening to where we'd need to pack long sleeved shirts or windbreakers.

Have been to the Caribbean several times in October/November. The air temps will probably be in the 70's, but may feel cooler at sea as the ship's movement creates quite a breeze. A sweater or light jacket would probably be a good idea.

Ocean temps will probably still be close to 80, which I think is fine, but some people find too cool for spending long periods in the water.

No kids on this trip so we are not doing ToT. But, I am driving so can shop locally if flyers need candy. I do not Facebook, but feel free to PM me here if I can help.

Thea

We are booked on this cruise and it will be myself, DH, DS(4yrs) and DD (2.5yrs)!!! Sign us up for everything! :-). FE, ToT and Mixology (if there is room, if not just put us on back up if anyone backs out). I cruised last year out of Galveston and loved it. It's only a 5hr drive for us, so we can do candy runs as well (we have both a Sams and Costco membership). I will look for the Facebook group tomorrow. I am getting so excited, wish it was Oct already!!!

We are booked on this cruise and it will be myself, DH, DS(4yrs) and DD (2.5yrs)!!! Sign us up for everything! :-). FE, ToT and Mixology (if there is room, if not just put us on back up if anyone backs out). I cruised last year out of Galveston and loved it. It's only a 5hr drive for us, so we can do candy runs as well (we have both a Sams and Costco membership). I will look for the Facebook group tomorrow. I am getting so excited, wish it was Oct already!!!

Welcome aboard Dsyplanninmomma! Great DIS name! We have a very active Facebook group with a really great group of people! I'm trying to keep our DIS group ousting here current as well so people only on DIS know what's going on. I'll put you on the wait list for Mixology as it is filled up. We have quite a few Texans driving in and offering to get candy. JiminysGirl AKA Heather is managing that list. All you need to do is when you get on FB let her know. There's a thread on there about it. So glad to have you and your family joining us!

No kids on this trip so we are not doing ToT. But, I am driving so can shop locally if flyers need candy. I do not Facebook, but feel free to PM me here if I can help.

Thea

Thanks, Thea! I will make sure Heather adds you to the driver list.

The meet on embarkation day will be at 3pm in the Promenade lounge. I'll be updating our itinerary graphic once we finalize the Trick or Treat schedule.

Hi!

I just wanted to reiterate that if there is anyone here on the Dis who is not also on FB and wants to join our ToT Buddy program, just let me know here!! All I need to know is if you are a DRIVER or FLYER...

Driver: you are driving to the port and thus can pack as much luggage as you can shove in your car. You are willing to buy candy for two families - your own and a family flying in.

Flyer: you are flying in and don't want to pay to check candy to hand out to ToTers. A driver will be assigned to you, and once on the ship you can arrange to exchange the candy and $$ owed.

I will post a list of buddies once we get a bit closer o our sail date, as we will undoubtedly pick up many more families. At that time, and once GTYs have been assigned, I will make up maps for all ToTers to follow as the knock on stateroom doors around the ship.

Thanks all!!
Heather

Hi Everyone! We just booked our cruise for the 26th out of Galveston and we're super excited about this special Halloween cruise! I wanted to ask about the FE exchange. How is this group doing it? Will you be assigning specific cabins (a few) we'd be responsible for or will we have to buy for everyone in the group? It sounds like such fun, but I don't want to get overwhelmed with too many and not do the exchange justice. Thanks for any information you can give me!

Angelique

I will get you added this evening! The list link is on our FB page and also in my signature :)

Hi Everyone! We just booked our cruise for the 26th out of Galveston and we're super excited about this special Halloween cruise! I wanted to ask about the FE exchange. How is this group doing it? Will you be assigning specific cabins (a few) we'd be responsible for or will we have to buy for everyone in the group? It sounds like such fun, but I don't want to get overwhelmed with too many and not do the exchange justice. Thanks for any information you can give me!

Angelique

Welcome! We are capping the groups at 25 rooms. We currently have 1 group full and are working on group 2. Let me know if you would like me to add you!

Heather, you may have done so already, but please add me to the driver list for ToT. We don't plan to do the event, but can absolutely help the flyers.

Kristen, would you please add me and Mom Helen to the FE list. We have a GTY room. My favorite character is Figment and Mom loves Sleeping Beauty.

Thanks!
Thea

Sorry for the delay, Kristen! I was out of town and couldn't respond. I think I'll pass this time around. It looks like the party I'm traveling with is getting bigger, so I'll need more time to prep. I will let you know if my plans change. Thanks so much!

Book for the Oct 26 cruise today.. We're all very excited as it's our second cruise! Myself, DW & DS are from Lafayette,LA... DS13 will be celebrating his 14th birthday while on the cruise and is hoping there will be other "dude's" to hang with.. lol. Does anyone know what kinda things Disney does on that day to make it a special?? I'd like to be apart of the Facebook group also..

Thea

Heather, you may have done so already, but please add me to the driver list for ToT. We don't plan to do the event, but can absolutely help the flyers.

Kristen, would you please add me and Mom Helen to the FE list. We have a GTY room. My favorite character is Figment and Mom loves Sleeping Beauty.

Thanks!
Thea

Got ya down!!! THanks so much!!!!!

Book for the Oct 26 cruise today.. We're all very excited as it's our second cruise! Myself, DW & DS are from Lafayette,LA... DS13 will be celebrating his 14th birthday while on the cruise and is hoping there will be other "dude's" to hang with.. lol. Does anyone know what kinda things Disney does on that day to make it a special?? I'd like to be apart of the Facebook group also..

Welcome aboard! There are definitely some "dudes" to hang out with from our group. We don't know the specifics of the activities yet but we've planned a few of our own. Head on over to Facebook where you'll see a few discussions on various topics related to the cruise.

BTW, I love Lafayette! Spent some time there many years ago and vowed if I ever moved to Louisiana that's where I'd live. :-)

Welcome aboard! There are definitely some "dudes" to hang out with from our group. We don't know the specifics of the activities yet but we've planned a few of our own. Head on over to Facebook where you'll see a few discussions on various topics related to the cruise.

BTW, I love Lafayette! Spent some time there many years ago and vowed if I ever moved to Louisiana that's where I'd live. :-)

Thanks, Lafayette has grown so much in the past few years, you might not recognize it anymore if you visited but still a great place... I read that the mixology class has filled up but would like to be put on the waitng list if something becomes available. Being from Louisiana that sound like something right up my alley lol. My wife join the Fb and looking forward gettin to know everyone

Thanks, Lafayette has grown so much in the past few years, you might not recognize it anymore if you visited but still a great place... I read that the mixology class has filled up but would like to be put on the waitng list if something becomes available. Being from Louisiana that sound like something right up my alley lol. Is there a FB group... not sure how to join??

The name of the FB group is Disney HalloWonder Cruise 2013. Request to join and I'll approve you. It's a closed group.

I read that the mixology class has filled up but would like to be put on the waitng list if something becomes available. Being from Louisiana that sound like something right up my alley lol. My wife join the Fb and looking forward gettin to know everyone

I've added you to the Mixology wait list. When we get closer to the sail date I'll check with the ship to see how hard and fast the 40 person limit is. :-)

Greetings all! Can those of you who have joined our group in the last couple weeks take a quick look at the spreadsheet we're using to track FE, Trick or Treat, and Mixology? Validate that we have all of your information. If anything is out of whack or missing please post here or on our private Facebook group with the correct info.

Also a reminder to parents to let us know of any allergies so we can ensure we have plenty of candy with no nuts.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1NUZuGCzj6dHFKd3NnVi1xcU56UlBhMzVKV2k5Nmc#gid=0

943578_10201152129234031_1910362232_n.jpg

Awesome image courtesy of Sue!

Does anyone know what the temperatures at night are? DH was wondering if it cools down in the evening to where we'd need to pack long sleeved shirts or windbreakers.

Usually it is cool for jacket and sweater the first night out and the last night in... We love to be up on deck a lot so I bring a sweater no matter what - sometimes the dining rooms and ship is cold... The last two years we have had the first real cold front of the season the week before Halloween so hopefully it will be the week before we go and have time to warm back up... We help some cruise friends with a BBQ Cook Off each year before Halloween so am bummed I will miss it this year but we will be helping Friday... When we help Saturday they give us some brisket, ribs and fajitas and boy are they good - will miss that! That is how I know about the cold fronts you have to get up and out early like 5:30am to put the briskets on and it is in the 40s! But the weekend before and after will be normal around 60s...

Hey there, new to the boards. Excited to sail out of Galveston but nervous since its unfamiliar. Driving from Illinois, can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter