• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 26, 2013 HalloWonder Cruise

It is super slow! I know we were waving at the people, and a few minutes later we were still waiving at the people. :wave2:

Exactly... the SAME people!
:rotfl:
I've posted this info in the FB page but wanted to post here as well for those who don't FB. This was a DCL shoreside concierge response to my question regarding what the dining dress schedule is for our cruise:

Formal night will be on night two, Pirate night is on night four (29th), Costume night is on night six (31st replacing semi-formal night).

Maybe for Halloween I'll dress up as a cruiser who is dressed for semi-formal night! :rotfl2:

I love this idea! I am the oddball who actually *likes* dressing up, so losing semi-formal night is kind of a bummer.... :laughing:

Exactly... the SAME people!
:rotfl:

I love this idea! I am the oddball who actually *likes* dressing up, so losing semi-formal night is kind of a bummer.... :laughing:

I agree with you about dressing up. Both DDs and I have decided we're going to dress semi-formal on one of the cruise casual nights. :yay:

I've posted this info in the FB page but wanted to post here as well for those who don't FB. This was a DCL shoreside concierge response to my question regarding what the dining dress schedule is for our cruise:

Formal night will be on night two, Pirate night is on night four (29th), Costume night is on night six (31st replacing semi-formal night).

Maybe for Halloween I'll dress up as a cruiser who is dressed for semi-formal night! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl: Too funny! I guess you could dress in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt and go as a tourist.. :) Might get hubby to "dress up for Halloween" that way.... ;) Thanks for the info - so glad Halloween isn't the same as Pirate night! Although I might be a Pirate for both - less packing if I have to bring dress up clothes....

:sad: I'm so sad!!! I may not be able to go on this cruise!:sad::sad:

My position at my school is funded by a grant that ends this year, and the principal isn't sure she will be able to keep me. That means I'll be going back to teaching elementary school (right now I'm an instructional coach meaning I teach the teachers). There's no way I can leave my class for a week! I'd have to cancel. :sad:

My position at my school is funded by a grant that ends this year, and the principal isn't sure she will be able to keep me. That means I'll be going back to teaching elementary school (right now I'm an instructional coach meaning I teach the teachers). There's no way I can leave my class for a week! I'd have to cancel. :sad:

Oh no! I was looking forward to meeting you, your mom and your little darling! I will cross my fingers for you pixiedust:

Take good care.

Oh my gosh, I was also looking forward to meeting you, your mom, and son. I hope and pray it works out and we do see you all on the ship!

I held a position like this for awhile and it was nerve-wrackicg every year when we would ask for funding again, so I know your pain!

People don't realize that teachers are so tied down during the school year. Yes, you can use sick/personal days and take the cruise - but the repercussions are tough. Your class becomes unmanaged and they fall behind with a sub for a week, and you spend your vacation worrying that they are sticking to the curriculum and not watching videos all day. All that said, I did it one year when my best friend got married out of the country. The wedding was in November and I set up my sub in August and talked with her all the time about my expectations for the week, and even brought her into the class several times to watch how we did things. It can be done. But I also totally get why you wouldn't want to. Tough call.

Crossing fingers for funding....

Just off the Magic this morning and booked for this cruise! Can't wait to catch up on the group!

Welcome socaintexas! We have a Trick or Treat list and a FE list going. Let us know if you want to be added to one or both. We also have a Facebook page, just search on Disney HalloWonder Cruise 2013. We have some first time cruisers, including me so if you want to share any advice we're all ears!

Some friends are teachers and it really is hard to get away during the school year. :badpc: Hope the funding comes in and all is well!! :beach:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! First day back to work today after being on vacation and it has been difficult to get back in the swing. I am going through Mickey withdrawals!

This will actually be our third Disney cruise. We were on the Dream last July and became addicted. We had to wait almost a year for our second one and decided we better take advantage of the Galveson sailings as it may be awhile before we can get back to Florida.

The Disboards have been very helpful to us to get the most out of each cruise. I look forward to getting to know you guys and sharing in the excitement of this magical event over the next several months!

I am usually on the Facebook page with you so I thought I would stop and say hi in here too.
Jeannine and I will be with my husband at the late seating. Stateroom 7630.:wave2:

Hi all my self & DH are booking this cruise looks like it will be a fun group and fun cruise to be on I can't wait!!!! I'm thinking Halloween is gong to be so much fun on a cruise and do something different!!!! I'll add all our info as soon as I book we want to sign up for everything and I asked to join the FB group I live online - Lisa Orlando Gavin on FB

Waahooo can't wait!!!!!

Wanted to stop by the thread and say Hi. Just myself and DH this trip. Cruised for the first time on the Fantasy last year and now we are hooked! :cool1:

When they discounted this I was able to talk DH into it pretty quickly! Looking forward to Cruising over Halloween - We also Pin Trade. Figured it would be a relaxing time to go!

Please add us to the Meet. pirate:

Hi all my self & DH are booking this cruise looks like it will be a fun group and fun cruise to be on I can't wait!!!! I'm thinking Halloween is gong to be so much fun on a cruise and do something different!!!! I'll add all our info as soon as I book we want to sign up for everything and I asked to join the FB group I live online - Lisa Orlando Gavin on FB

Waahooo can't wait!!!!!

Welcome Lisa! This is a great group and it's great to see more people joining us! Is it October yet???

Wanted to stop by the thread and say Hi. Just myself and DH this trip. Cruised for the first time on the Fantasy last year and now we are hooked! :cool1:

When they discounted this I was able to talk DH into it pretty quickly! Looking forward to Cruising over Halloween - We also Pin Trade. Figured it would be a relaxing time to go!

Welcome PinGirl! We're glad to have you aboard! How long have you been collecting pins? I didn't know such a thing existed until I started reading some of the posts over the last few months.

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! party:Bet you had a great cruise!! :thumbsup2 So want to go again before she leaves.... :hourglass

Sheila, I am here with you again! lol

Just got off the Magic May 3rd. We booked an April 2014 cruise on board but tonight we realized that is too far away. LOL.We havent booked this cruise yet but just sent an email to our travel agent!

PinGirl said:

Welcome! We did the same thing went on fantasy and are now hooked! I just hope the fantasy wasn't so fancy and new that we will be disappointed with the wonder, but it was such a great deal! I am a pin trader as well been doing it since I worked at Walt disney world in 2003 :) I mostly collect Cinderella what do you collect?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter