October 25, 2014 Fantasy Western "The Not So Scary Halloween Cruise 2014"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindi- absolutely! PM me if you have a Google username and I can add you as an admin on the list page in Drive (I think- I haven't had success with that yet, but I can keep trying! LOL!)

I'm happily accepting any help I can get! ;):rotfl:

For just Halloween? If I can recall correctly there was an adult party in one of the lounges. I think I might remember an adult costume contest but my memories on that are a bit fuzzy..I know there was a family or group costume contest. There wasn't too much actually geared towards Halloween just for adults. Of course things may have changed since 2010! ;)

One of the things I would love to do for this group is either arrange a private Mixology or if we can't swing that (we need someone in concierge willing to arrange it) then maybe we can just pick one to all try to sign up for. We had a private Mixology session on our last cruise just for our Dis group and it was totally awesome! One of the best experiences of the entire cruise! They even made us a signature drink named after our Dis group! We'll have to figure out the logistics on possibly doing that this time. :drinking1

I have updated the FE list, welcome aboard to all our new cruisers and the new folks doing FE!:yay: I noticed we have several nut allergies in our group I went in and highlighted the allergy information to red and also I made the cabin numbers of folks that have allergies red for easier recognition. So if you notice the change that's why!

We have been crazy busy here lately. As Ron has mentioned we are cruising on Oasis of the Seas in just 19 short days...and we still have a million things to do. We are very excited to visit Jamaica for the first time and will bring back a full report for those of you who have not been there yet!

And as Halloween approaches, I can't help but think of how AMAZING next Halloween will be! :woohoo:

Sorry, I don't have a google name. We didn't use google for our list for privacy. We had a excel spreadsheet that I kept track of for adding / deleting or making changes to the list. They emailed the info and I would send the sheet about once a month to make sure all was updated and correct. It worked out really well. I can send you what it looked like if you have a regular email address :)

One of the things I would love to do for this group is either arrange a private Mixology or if we can't swing that (we need someone in concierge willing to arrange it) then maybe we can just pick one to all try to sign up for. We had a private Mixology session on our last cruise just for our Dis group and it was totally awesome! One of the best experiences of the entire cruise! They even made us a signature drink named after our Dis group! We'll have to figure out the logistics on possibly doing this

I just recently(and secretly) upgraded our room to concierge. I was planning to post asking to have our room changed on roll call. We will be in 12528...if the powers that be can make that change, I'd appreciate it. ;)

I would be happy to help arrange a Mixology, but need someone to explain what I need to do-and when. This is only our 2nd cruise and the first was a 3 day, so we did nothing extra. I was thinking of trying to get into one of these but it sounds more fun with a group.

I also want to mention that we still would like to participate in FE. I know people won't be able to access our room, but I hear the concierge hosts are happy to deliver for us. I really debated this move because of the FE exchange but decided that for a longer cruise, I wanted the extras. Plus it is a senior trip for my oldest daughter, so she'll love the special attention.

Please let me know if people have the details I need for the Mixology.

One of the things I would love to do for this group is either arrange a private Mixology or if we can't swing that (we need someone in concierge willing to arrange it) then maybe we can just pick one to all try to sign up for. We had a private Mixology session on our last cruise just for our Dis group and it was totally awesome! One of the best experiences of the entire cruise! They even made us a signature drink named after our Dis group! We'll have to figure out the logistics on possibly doing this

I just recently(and secretly) upgraded our room to concierge. I was planning to post asking to have our room changed on roll call. We will be in 12528...if the powers that be can make that change, I'd appreciate it. ;)

I would be happy to help arrange a Mixology, but need someone to explain what I need to do-and when. This is only our 2nd cruise and the first was a 3 day, so we did nothing extra. I was thinking of trying to get into one of these but it sounds more fun with a group.

I also want to mention that we still would like to participate in FE. I know people won't be able to access our room, but I hear the concierge hosts are happy to deliver for us. I really debated this move because of the FE exchange but decided that for a longer cruise, I wanted the extras. Plus it is a senior trip for my oldest daughter, so she'll love the special attention.

Please let me know if people have the details I need for the Mixology.

Thank you offering to help set up the mixology! This is something that we would set up as the date approaches. Alisia (Mouseears) set this up for our last cruise. I think she was going to help with it again, maybe you guys can put your heads together as this cruise approaches. :goodvibes This was so much fun last time! That drink they created for our cruise "The Fantasyland to the Fantasy" was great!

By the way, last time on the Fantasy we were able to access the concierge floor to deliver our FE gifts. I think that is only an issue on the Dream.

Ron

On the Dream we were able to deliver to the Concierge rooms. If the gate was locked the room stewards would let us in. It was never a problem. I think they understand that your there delivering treats, and not being mischievous :rotfl2:

Thank you offering to help set up the mixology! This is something that we would set up as the date approaches. Alisia (Mouseears) set this up for our last cruise. I think she was going to help with it again, maybe you guys can put your heads together as this cruise approaches. :goodvibes This was so much fun last time! That drink they created for our cruise "The Fantasyland to the Fantasy" was great!

By the way, last time on the Fantasy we were able to access the concierge floor to deliver our FE gifts. I think that is only an issue on the Dream.

Ron
Hello fellow cruisers,

Darcy (DLW8) and I ( mouseears1) have volunteered once again to set up the mixology class for our group and we would love, love, love to have another cruiser in assisting with this process. This needs to be set up close to the sailing date. I believe Darcy and I did this about 1 month in advance. Darcy set up the invite, and maintained the ever changing sign up sheet and I coordinated with shoreside concierge and the ships concierge for about 2 weeks till we had the final list and the final venue to which it would be held. All three of us need to brainstorm with some ideas on how we want this one to run! I will volunteer to work with ship's concierge directly for they know us from when we stayed in the Walt Disney Suite on our last cruise :) Also, I can pull all the strings needed...That's my specialty :cutie:

Hey everyone.

Just thought that I'd mention that right after Halloween would be a good time to pick up some close-out Halloween stuff that you might want to incorporate with your FE gifts or door decorations...

Ron

thought i would add since it is a Halloween cruise they always do a pirate night so Halloween costumes will be on sale after wards so great time to get those pirate outfits!!!::yes::::yes:::):):cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

thought i would add since it is a Halloween cruise they always do a pirate night so Halloween costumes will be on sale after wards so great time to get those pirate outfits!!!::yes::::yes:::):):cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

I was going to be Briar Rose for Halloween night. Will they do pirate night on Halloween night or a different night?

I was going to be Briar Rose for Halloween night. Will they do pirate night on Halloween night or a different night?

Halloween will be on our Castaway Cay and our last :sad: day. Pirate night is usually about half way through the cruise on a port day. Cozumel, I think...

Ron

Halloween will be on our Castaway Cay and our last :sad: day. Pirate night is usually about half way through the cruise on a port day. Cozumel, I think...

Ron

Hopefully, by the middle of next year we will have a set group of rooms that we can pass out for the kids to trick or treat. I didn't realize it was the last night. Maybe the group can get it set up for a time during a sea day if not Halloween night.

Hopefully, by the middle of next year we will have a set group of rooms that we can pass out for the kids to trick or treat. I didn't realize it was the last night. Maybe the group can get it set up for a time during a sea day if not Halloween night.

We will definitely be doing the Dis group TOT on a sea day. We'll be doing it scavenger hunt style with clues for the kids to find the stations that volunteers will man/woman and pass out treats. Check out post one there is some preliminary info.

Ron

We will definitely be doing the Dis group TOT on a sea day. We'll be doing it scavenger hunt style with clues for the kids to find the stations that volunteers will man/woman and pass out treats. Check out post one there is some preliminary info.

Ron

Thank you!! I completely understand now that I read the trip report. Samantha will be all too excited :) I'll still be Briar Rose and man a station (handing out treats). Hopefully Sam will be able to join a group of kids to walk around. I think she is going to be repunzel :dance3:

Wow! I just reread the entire 1st post. Sam and I will come in a night early to have dinner with the group :) Also, we have the late dinner. This is going to be such a fun cruise :goodvibes

Hi everyone,

We have been booked for awhile just hadn't posted yet. This is our first Disney cruise.
Julie, Michael, and our son Chris age 11 at sailing.
Early dining 6070 stateroom.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Thank you!! I completely understand now that I read the trip report. Samantha will be all too excited :) I'll still be Briar Rose and man a station (handing out treats). Hopefully Sam will be able to join a group of kids to walk around. I think she is going to be repunzel :dance3:

Hi,
Sam is more than welcome to join our group. :goodvibesIt'll be me and my 6 children--including Stephanie who she has been writing. Stephanie would like that. My husband is manning a station too.

Hi,
Sam is more than welcome to join our group. :goodvibesIt'll be me and my 6 children--including Stephanie who she has been writing. Stephanie would like that. My husband is manning a station too.

Oh Samantha would love that. Thanks :) If they don't need another person to hand out candy, I'll walk with you, but I am assuming the more people willing to station, the more stations there will be. This cruise is going to be amazing:wizard:

Oh Samantha would love that. Thanks :) If they don't need another person to hand out candy, I'll walk with you, but I am assuming the more people willing to station, the more stations there will be. This cruise is going to be amazing:wizard:

That sounds great!!!!!!!:goodvibes This cruise is going to be so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter