October 25, 2014 Fantasy Western "The Not So Scary Halloween Cruise 2014"

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was just wondering if there will be any other group activities other than the FE event? On our upcoming February cruise, the DIS group has put together six or seven different group activities that I think would be FANTASTIC for a Halloween cruise, so I just thought I'd check?!?!:confused:

Shannon

Yep! A lot of us have cruised together, many during Halloween. We've done many group activities and plan to do a bunch this time too. For instance we will likely do a Dis only Trick or Treat. We've done group excursions and we hope to do that again. On my last cruise we did a group mixology class which was a lot of fun. I'm hoping we can have a pre cruise Dis meet at one of the local restaurants the night before our cruise. Maybe a group Palo Brunch. As this cruise gets closer I hope we can all get our creative juices flowing and come up with some great group activities.:goodvibes

Ron

Has anyone everdone a door decorating contest or a best door? Thought it would be fun. I like going around ship and looking at the dif. Doors. My dd 17 and I made mini Mickey ears magnets and went around spreading the magic by leaving notes on ppls doors that we liked or for ppl that didn't have door decor and didn't know they could. My kids like decorating our doors. Makes them easier to find our rooms;)

Has anyone everdone a door decorating contest or a best door? Thought it would be fun. I like going around ship and looking at the dif. Doors. My dd 17 and I made mini Mickey ears magnets and went around spreading the magic by leaving notes on ppls doors that we liked or for ppl that didn't have door decor and didn't know they could. My kids like decorating our doors. Makes them easier to find our rooms;)

I've never done an actual contest, but Jen did print out some "Awesome Door" award magnets that we passed out to the best doors we saw. We did it while we were delivering our FE gifts. It was fun.

If you'd like to set up some sort of contest, run with it. I think that would be fun!:goodvibes

Ron

That's a really good idea. I too, love decorating our door and looking at other people's creative endeavors. On the "Magic" both times we did decorate our door for the suites doors are magnetic. On the Fantasy, for the suites, we found it wasn't possible though for the doors aren't magnetic. We were disappointed for my husband, son and I love to get together as a family and choose a theme, my son the computer guru makes the magnets and as a family decorate our door. :lovestruc

Think I mieght have to run with this.... especially since its Halloween! !! Tense. Think its time I update my magnet collection. My hubby and I usaly do vintage movie poster magnets since we're movie buffs. Hope we get a primear on this cruise. We got Iron Man 3 last time.

Hi everyone, sorry I've been so quiet, busy with the last two assignments for school! I think the door decorating is a good idea too, we decorated our door last time and even had a few surprise ones added. So cool,. I don't think I would be up for the mixology activity as I don't drink, but will be doing the beach and trick or treat ones.
Welcome to all the newbies that have joined us,
Anyway back to writing :-(

Think I mieght have to run with this.... especially since its Halloween! !! Tense. Think its time I update my magnet collection. My hubby and I usaly do vintage movie poster magnets since we're movie buffs. Hope we get a primear on this cruise. We got Iron Man 3 last time.

Cool! Once you get some details together, pm me and I'll put them in the post one.

Ron

Is anybody up for a chocolate/sweets exchange, we can't get wonka candy in the United Kingdom, my DS loves it, I can bring some typically English confectionary :-)

Never done it. Can you give us some details? :)

Hi there, what I saw last time we cruised was a a4 laminated picture of a Mickey Mouse gnome, which travelled the group, it was magnetic and stuck to the door, people signed it and passed it along to the next door, so it eventually came back to the begining person who started him roaming. Then it was copied once home and emailed to everyone, to add to scrapbooks should people want to.

I love all these ideas and definately count us in!! My dd20 and I love to participate in all the activities, and the rest of the clan just kind of follow along ;) Maybe we could start a spreadsheet of sorts to start keeping track of all the DIS events and those who want to participate in each event?

What about a Halloween scrapbooking meet? I am soooooo not creative, but have fun attempting it! :lmao: Both daughters love it and my Morgan is very very creative!

I have been watching the port Canaveral and port of Miami webcams and am just mesmerized by the ships coming in (working nights, I have the advantage to catch them as they sail in!)

Shannon

I love all these ideas and definately count us in!! My dd20 and I love to participate in all the activities, and the rest of the clan just kind of follow along ;) Maybe we could start a spreadsheet of sorts to start keeping track of all the DIS events and those who want to participate in each event?

What about a Halloween scrapbooking meet? I am soooooo not creative, but have fun attempting it! :lmao: Both daughters love it and my Morgan is very very creative!

I have been watching the port Canaveral and port of Miami webcams and am just mesmerized by the ships coming in (working nights, I have the advantage to catch them as they sail in!)

Shannon

What would that entail shannonR

Hi there, what I saw last time we cruised was a a4 laminated picture of a Mickey Mouse gnome, which travelled the group, it was magnetic and stuck to the door, people signed it and passed it along to the next door, so it eventually came back to the begining person who started him roaming. Then it was copied once home and emailed to everyone, to add to scrapbooks should people want to.

I love the roaming gnome idea. We saw one on our Alaskan cruise but weren't participating. I thought it was funny that is was randomly moving down the hallways :wizard:.

The roaming Mickey gnome, I guess moves from door to door in the our group :confused: ? It sounds like fun to me.

Dena

The roaming Mickey gnome, I guess moves from door to door in the our group :confused: ? It sounds like fun to me.

Dena

Yes Dena, you sign it and position it on the next door on the list. When they find it, they sign it and stick it on the next door etc, until its gone full circle

Hi all! For the February 8th cruise, one of our cruisers created a spreadsheet that can be accessed from both the DIS cruise meet page and the Facebook page. On it, it lists all those that are particpating and at the top it lists all the events.....you check the ones you want to participate in, your staterooms #s, email addresses, etc... it's a great way to keep track of who is doing what. It's the first cruise we have been on that is doing this, but it sure makes it easier to see what's what! (especially when there are lots of events planned!;))

Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter