October 25, 2014 Fantasy Western "The Not So Scary Halloween Cruise 2014"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Our family is 2 weeks away from sail away on the new Carnival Breeze!:cool1: We haven't even started packing or doing the laundry for the stuff we need to pack!:eek: We won't have much time beyond today because next weekend is a dance competition weekend... Oh well, good problem to have, right?:goodvibes Have a great end of your weekend everyone!

Ron

Hi frome Texas :wave2: ! Moved our Nov 2013 Wonder cruise to this cruise yesterday. This will be DH and my 2nd cruise :woohoo: and the others 1st cruise :dance3: . First being on the Magic :smickey: last October. This time we are bringing our DS (34):chewy: & girl friend:flower1: and DD (32) princess: with us, and maybe our 12 yr old grandson pirate:. So excited now that I see there is a meet for this cruise. Will have to go back and read everything that has been said.

Dena :smickey:

Welcome to our group! This is one of the best DIS groups ever and I expect that this cruise will at least meet my high expectations if not exceed them. Really looking forward to chating with everyone and getting to know each of you. Lois

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Our family is 2 weeks away from sail away on the new Carnival Breeze!:cool1: We haven't even started packing or doing the laundry for the stuff we need to pack!:eek: We won't have much time beyond today because next weekend is a dance competition weekend... Oh well, good problem to have, right?:goodvibes Have a great end of your weekend everyone!

Ron

Ron & Jen have a great time. I look forward to hearing more about the trip once you return. Lois

Hi everyone! It's pretty (I can't bring myself to the "Q" word, it will jinx us for sure!!) here in the world of labor and delivery, so I thought I would check in and say hi!

Ron, we may end up taking your advice about getting off the ship...who know? We had a VERY active DIS group on our 2008 Christmas cruise :santa: and did excursions as a group in Cozumel. We had a blast, but just haven't found that since. Our groups for 2010 and 2013 were pretty dull, with not much activity at all. Hopefully, our February and October cruises will put our faith back in the DIS!!! ;)

It's still cold as can be here in Colorado Springs with more snow expected this week ugh :sad::cold: Didn't mother nature get the memo that IT'S SPRING????

Shannon

Hi everyone! It's pretty (I can't bring myself to the "Q" word, it will jinx us for sure!!) here in the world of labor and delivery, so I thought I would check in and say hi!

Ron, we may end up taking your advice about getting off the ship...who know? We had a VERY active DIS group on our 2008 Christmas cruise :santa: and did excursions as a group in Cozumel. We had a blast, but just haven't found that since. Our groups for 2010 and 2013 were pretty dull, with not much activity at all. Hopefully, our February and October cruises will put our faith back in the DIS!!! ;)

It's still cold as can be here in Colorado Springs with more snow expected this week ugh :sad::cold: Didn't mother nature get the memo that IT'S SPRING????

Shannon

Shannon, I've been on a total of 6 DCL cruises, and don't get me wrong, they were all Great vacations. But there is something to be said for the 2010 Halloween cruise we were on with Others from THIS group!! It just stands out as our most Favourite Cruise thus far (and it was #3 for us). The only difference was the DIS group!!!! THEY really made that cruise what it was to us :)

And yes, isn't the weather very strange this year? Last Friday it felt like summer out here, finally we had some decent spring weather! I mean it was overcast, but it was gorgeous out for temps. No need for Jackets, my kids were wearing t-shirts, and loving it! Then Saturday, it was Bitter cold and snowing!!!! I have no clue what yesterday was like, I was sick and spent the day in bed. Then today, not quite as warm as Friday, but definately very nice out :) My grass is green and growing, and my tuplips are getting tall, can hardly wait to see their blooms :)

Shannon

I am one of the DISER from the 2010 Cruise and the DIS group did make a difference. There are a number of folks here that I know will step up as we draw closer to the time to cruise and will put together some fun meets and activities. I have been blessed with several very active DIS groups over the years. I expect that this cruise will be as much fun if not more fun than any I have been on in the past.

I love getting off the ship. I have even repeated a few shore excrusion because I enjoyed them so much. Going with new found friends can make even the uninteresting, interesting.

Folks today it is WINTER again. I so want to see spring. I love Spring and Fall. Not really looking forward to the very hot but I will take that any day over freezing.

Well got to run my boss expect me to be to work on time. Go figure! See everyone later. Lois

For those who've not yet read the thread about a letter from DCL to it's guests, here it is: (I've highlighted the information that is new)

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

What a "yuck" day here in Michigan today. High of low 40's and rain for most of the week. We had a few days in the 60's, just enough to get us excited about spring lol. I see at the port today that it's sunny and going to be 84. We have a long time before we hit that temp. here. Hope everyone is having a good week with lots of sun and warmer weather.

Ron

Hope you guys have a great time. I have been trying to get the family to try a Carnival cruise for awhile now. Carnival is not making it easy for me as of late lol. Would really like to know how the cruise goes and your reviews of the new ship.

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about taking my son on this cruise. He will be 14 at the time, but I was wondering if anyone was willing to join a "kids only" thread for the tweens and teens. He is trying to find a cruise that has kids his age that he can get to know before we go. He will be in 8th grade at the time of this cruise, currently in 6th

He is at soccer practice now, but please let me know if there is interest in a kids thread.

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about taking my son on this cruise. He will be 14 at the time, but I was wondering if anyone was willing to join a "kids only" thread for the tweens and teens. He is trying to find a cruise that has kids his age that he can get to know before we go. He will be in 8th grade at the time of this cruise, currently in 6th

He is at soccer practice now, but please let me know if there is interest in a kids thread.

Hi there, my son will be 14 when we cruise, not sure he will be able to navigate a kids thread on here, but they could communicate by Facebook if your son has an account, Mine does!

Hi there, my son will be 14 when we cruise, not sure he will be able to navigate a kids thread on here, but they could communicate by Facebook if your son has an account, Mine does!

Thank you so much for responding :) He ended up picking the Southern Caribbean cruise. I hope you all have an amazing trip :goodvibes

Hello! :wave: I guess everyone's been busy like us... That's cool. But don't be strangers...:goodvibes

We have been hovering under the air conditioning as it has been so HOT here in Vegas. 101f today! I guess it is getting to that time of year. It seems that the heat is coming too soon. Perhaps we can send this weather to other parts of the country that need to thaw out.

Wondering if anyone has sailed on the Fantasy before, and if so, what are some of the important differences (other than size) from the Wonder and Magic?

Well being very very busy is the norm for us, with commuting 800 miles plus each week to work to and from our jobs in addition to running the family Commercial Real Estate business, son in college and three very spoiled dogs to cater to :rotfl: we indeed have our hands full. Not complaining at all, I like working and I especially like the benefits of being able to vacation with people I am very fond of:lovestruc

On the other hand, we have a Las Vegas trip on June 2, 2013 at the Mirage that Alan and I are looking forward to. I get to sleep in, eat, swim and someone else is making my bed for me! priceless :banana:

Ron, I will try to get on the boards more often.

Alisia

Wondering if anyone has sailed on the Fantasy before, and if so, what are some of the important differences (other than size) from the Wonder and Magic?

I thought that the water features were good. I am not talking about the pool but the area for toddlers and of course the water slide.

Hello! :wave: I guess everyone's been busy like us... That's cool. But don't be strangers...:goodvibes

This is definitely one of our busiest times of the year...softball & baseball season. I took on the role of Player Agent for our Little League this year, which added even more to my plate with assessments, drafts, issues, etc. We are now in full swing of the real season, so we seem to be out every night of the week (and weekends!) with one of the kids games or practices. And then there is the usual job thing and house stuff. ;)

We were on the Fantasy in September 12 and LOVED it. Some of the new features that my family loved: Aquaduck, Aqua Lab, mini golf, sports simulators, mid ship detective agency and Enchanted Garden (our new favorite restaurant for the decor and the "show").

Well being very very busy is the norm for us, with commuting 800 miles plus each week to work to and from our jobs in addition to running the family Commercial Real Estate business, son in college and three very spoiled dogs to cater to :rotfl: we indeed have our hands full. Not complaining at all, I like working and I especially like the benefits of being able to vacation with people I am very fond of:lovestruc

On the other hand, we have a Las Vegas trip on June 2, 2013 at the Mirage that Alan and I are looking forward to. I get to sleep in, eat, swim and someone else is making my bed for me! priceless :banana:

Ron, I will try to get on the boards more often.

Alisia

That is a LOT of commuting, Alisia! Holy Cow! You defintely need to take advantage of that Vegas trip with someone catering to you. :goodvibes

Here it is MAY and we are expecting SNOW. Please tell me it isn't so.

DCL Take me Away!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter