• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 25, 2014 Fantasy Western "The Not So Scary Halloween Cruise 2014" Part 2

Being able to just sit in the pool seems cool. Does it get crowded?

We originally started looking into the cruise as we thought it would be easier for FIL with lots of medical problems vs wdw but now both inlaws have medical issues making it hard to cruise right now. Do you travel a lot with inlaws?

Trivia sounds really fun & I heard that you can win little prizes

It was never crowded for us, I think it depends on how many people are on the ship in the first place.

I've only traveled with my in-laws once before when we went to North Carolina, but DH's family as a whole love traveling together. Plus my in-laws are cool people so I don't forsee any issues.

Here is my current thoughts. I know, ... it can be annoying, shocking, and disappointing. :lmao:
It is what it is.
I welcome input from those in the know to respond, or those not in the know too. lol.

These questions have developed over time, as this thread has.
These questions are a result of this thread's content and flow.

I feel it's time to assimilate the info/meets/etc into "a" post perhaps, to ease planning, for the sailors aboard this voyage.
Especially those limited to this venue, and the late arrivals. :)

I'll be happy to assimilate said post if needed.

T - SHIRTS

So is this really true? :eek:

No one on FB nor Disboards is doing a group order of shirts?
No one on FB is ordering shirts? ? ?

The group discount excuse, to me, is lame, IMO.
No offense directed or intended. It's a generalization. . lol.
To me the discount is irrelevant, and I'm sure others feel the same.
The point is to have all involved with a cohesive graphic displayed on the shirts, and an easily available avenue to receive said shirts prior to sail. IMO.
But, who am I to expect such uniformity. :lmao:

Then how is everyone going to be wearing their DisMeet/FB Meet shirts at the meet?
No one will have them, because few have the drive, time, or follow thru to complete, and order on their own, IMO.

I looked into printing T shirts today locally(outside D.C.). And to print the shirts with all the colors using "screen printing", the pro way, using 6 to 8 colors, front and back, and quality shirts, was around $ 350 minimum, for an order of 12 shirts. :eek:

I definitely need to follow another path thru Vista Print or Shutter-fly. Admittedly this is my first T shirt printing venture. I will peruse these other conservative avenues and get back to the group.

I'm still not sure which image is supposed to be the front and back. :confused3
The links on the first page here, (page #1) on this current thread(Disboard Meet), Sweetlovin' posted, are to a bucket of images. :confused3 Not to a specific image(s) for the front and back.

If I'm going to pay for the shirts and choose a design, I would prefer to choose the designs I prefer. ---- Is that out of line? ? ?

I prefer these designs, fwiw. ;)
So are these the designs for the T shirts?
These are the designs I prefer. lol.
Hope these links work. :confused3

Rear of shirt; I like the mickey ear shape, as opposed to the square, similar image. I like the black background for the rear image regardless of shape fwiw. Although it could become hot and sticky in the sun.
http://s66.photobucket.com/user/jen...nd_zps5085fdd0.png.html?evt=email_share_media

Front of shirt; I prefer this look, as opposed to the black background, of the same image.
http://s66.photobucket.com/user/jen...nd_zps99e57c05.png.html?evt=email_share_media

If not, given I have to do the leg work and order, would these be acceptable?

If I set this up somewhere, at a reasonable price, don't you think others may want to order too, on FB and Disboards?

Could you link, in any form, the preferred T shirt images, front and back, that are expected, either here, or on the Disboard Cruise Meet Thread, in it's purest (image)form?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3265525&page=21

Is anyone else involved in the T shirt venture?
If so please share their info if possible. Or share mine with them. ;)

I truly would like some T shirts for this sailing. It's sort of a tradition.
If I figure out a path to a reasonably priced shirt, I'm more than happy to accept orders.
And this is what I'm surprised to hear hasn't occurred already somewhere.

I welcome input. :)

Disboard/FB Meet Aboard @ 3pm.

Where is this meet going to take place?
The original discussion revolved around the D Lounge. Possible bar tender and potentially a DCL character. Where has that evolved? ? ?
Did I read we are now at Vista Cafe, deck 4, starboard, atrium, w/o a dedicated bar tender and no character, for our Meet? :scratchin

Halloween ToT

Is the private Halloween ToT activities still scheduled for 10:30 - 11:30~ on the last sea day, 10/30, Thursday, after Falmouth?
How is the station help volunteers progressing?
Have all the stations been determined?

Update Thread

Is there a post somewhere that summarizes the events planned? / ?
Will someone consolidate the newly planned schedule, events, and what not, and post it on the Disboard thread please.
If not, please inform me, and I'll do my best to consolidate a post including such info.
Is there a FB page or something that could be scanned and posted.

At this late date I yearn for more details. :hyper:

Count Down Finally Close

43 days to go. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Finally the sail date is among us. :worship:

Heavy Seas / Meds / Itinerary

Remember, every time Bear3412 sails there are unusual sea states. :eek: Most feel this will be the sailing to break that trend. I hope so. But, ... still plan, and bring the seasick meds, IMO. Bonine worked wonders for us. Purchase and test products at home to analyze any potential side affects, is my suggestion.

We took Bonine the night before we left. Meds need to be in you system to prevent sea sickness. Once you are seas sick generally there is little you can do but suffer unfortunately. IME. Of course the first 5 days wre fine, then we found Sandy. :eek:

Usually the worst nights are the first and last, near FL, traversing the Gulf Stream. But ... I'm aboard, so .... Be prepared for an Eastern Itinerary at the last minute too. :(

FE

Is there a last minute FE available on FB/ Disboards?
We have a few last minute newbies here who are looking to participate at some level. Any ideas, input, or conclusive statements one way or the other? ? ?

I didn't see any specific FE responses to their inquiries one way or the other unfortunately.
Let's help them out or point them in the right direction.

Thanks for listening.
Thanks for responding.

Bear

:)

Here is my current thoughts. I know, ... it can be annoying, shocking, and disappointing. :lmao:
It is what it is.
I welcome input from those in the know to respond, or those not in the know too. lol.

These questions have developed over time, as this thread has.
These questions are a result of this thread's content and flow.

I feel it's time to assimilate the info/meets/etc into "a" post perhaps, to ease planning, for the sailors aboard this voyage.
Especially those limited to this venue, and the late arrivals. :)

I'll be happy to assimilate said post if needed.

T - SHIRTS

So is this really true? :eek:

No one on FB nor Disboards is doing a group order of shirts?
No one on FB is ordering shirts? ? ?

The group discount excuse, to me, is lame, IMO.
No offense directed or intended. It's a generalization. . lol.
To me the discount is irrelevant, and I'm sure others feel the same.
The point is to have all involved with a cohesive graphic displayed on the shirts, and an easily available avenue to receive said shirts prior to sail. IMO.
But, who am I to expect such uniformity. :lmao:

Then how is everyone going to be wearing their DisMeet/FB Meet shirts at the meet?
No one will have them, because few have the drive, time, or follow thru to complete, and order on their own, IMO.

I looked into printing T shirts today locally(outside D.C.). And to print the shirts with all the colors using "screen printing", the pro way, using 6 to 8 colors, front and back, and quality shirts, was around $ 350 minimum, for an order of 12 shirts. :eek:

I definitely need to follow another path thru Vista Print or Shutter-fly. Admittedly this is my first T shirt printing venture. I will peruse these other conservative avenues and get back to the group.

I'm still not sure which image is supposed to be the front and back. :confused3
The links on the first page here, (page #1) on this current thread(Disboard Meet), Sweetlovin' posted, are to a bucket of images. :confused3 Not to a specific image(s) for the front and back.

If I'm going to pay for the shirts and choose a design, I would prefer to choose the designs I prefer. ---- Is that out of line? ? ?

I prefer these designs, fwiw. ;)
So are these the designs for the T shirts?
These are the designs I prefer. lol.
Hope these links work. :confused3

Rear of shirt; I like the mickey ear shape, as opposed to the square, similar image. I like the black background for the rear image regardless of shape fwiw. Although it could become hot and sticky in the sun.
http://s66.photobucket.com/user/jen...nd_zps5085fdd0.png.html?evt=email_share_media

Front of shirt; I prefer this look, as opposed to the black background, of the same image.
http://s66.photobucket.com/user/jen...nd_zps99e57c05.png.html?evt=email_share_media

If not, given I have to do the leg work and order, would these be acceptable?

If I set this up somewhere, at a reasonable price, don't you think others may want to order too, on FB and Disboards?

Could you link, in any form, the preferred T shirt images, front and back, that are expected, either here, or on the Disboard Cruise Meet Thread, in it's purest (image)form?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3265525&page=21

Is anyone else involved in the T shirt venture?
If so please share their info if possible. Or share mine with them. ;)

I truly would like some T shirts for this sailing. It's sort of a tradition.
If I figure out a path to a reasonably priced shirt, I'm more than happy to accept orders.
And this is what I'm surprised to hear hasn't occurred already somewhere.

I welcome input. :)

Disboard/FB Meet Aboard @ 3pm.

Where is this meet going to take place?
The original discussion revolved around the D Lounge. Possible bar tender and potentially a DCL character. Where has that evolved? ? ?
Did I read we are now at Vista Cafe, deck 4, starboard, atrium, w/o a dedicated bar tender and no character, for our Meet? :scratchin

Halloween ToT

Is the private Halloween ToT activities still scheduled for 10:30 - 11:30~ on the last sea day, 10/30, Thursday, after Falmouth?

Update Thread

Is there a post somewhere that summarizes the events planned? / ?
Will someone consolidate the newly planned schedule, events, and what not, and post it on the Disboard thread please.
If not, please inform me, and I'll do my best to consolidate a post including such info.
Is there a FB page or something that could be scanned and posted.

At this late date I yearn for more details. :hyper:

Count Down Finally Close

43 days to go. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Finally the sail date is among us. :worship:

Heavy Seas / Meds / Itinerary

Remember, every time Bear3412 sails there are unusual sea states. :eek: Most feel this will be the sailing to break that trend. I hope so. But, ... still plan, and bring the seasick meds, IMO. Bonine worked wonders for us. Purchase and test products at home to analyze any potential side affects, is my suggestion.

We took Bonine the night before we left. Meds need to be in you system to prevent sea sickness. Once you are seas sick generally there is little you can do but suffer unfortunately. IME. Of course the first 5 days wre fine, then we found Sandy. :eek:

Usually the worst nights are the first and last, near FL, traversing the Gulf Stream. But ... I'm aboard, so .... Be prepared for an Eastern Itinerary at the last minute too. :(

FE

Is there a last minute FE available on FB/ Disboards?
We have a few last minute newbies here who are looking to participate at some level. Any ideas, input, or conclusive statements one way or the other? ? ?

I didn't see any specific FE responses to their inquiries one way or the other unfortunately.
Let's help them out or point them in the right direction.

Thanks for listening.
Thanks for responding.

Bear

My 2 cents:

Since I'm of course new & not part of the FB group I don't really have answer for you. I see your frustration that all the outside discussion must happen on FB & you come here with not a lot of answers unfortunately as FB seems to be peoples preferred choice at this time.

I for one would like to order a tshirt, I asked a question about it a few days ago when a message was left for you (Bear) saying no group orders. I personally would like a professionally made one as I feel an iron on will just come off with washing & I'd like to keep it to wear for memories. That being said, I love the Mickey head with the various cruise words, but not crazy about the jack skellinton front. I understand I wasn't here early on to vote so it's not that big of a deal, but if I had it printed all by myself I may just put the back Mickey on the front & that's it. I've never group ordered a tshirt, let alone for people all over the country so I have no idea how the billing & shipping happens, may that's the problem?

I totally love the idea of a FE, but booking only 6 wks out doesn't leave as much time for crafts especially as I've seen that some FEs get way to large from other posts I've read & I have a coworker involved in a later cruise which currently involves 100 people, eek :scared1:. I'd rather be in a FE with 7-15 people & have nicer gifts (this does not mean more expensive, just that you more time to invest making less gifts, so may more meaningful or detailed) than a really large group. So if there was a small amount of new leftovers like me just here on the active dis group I may be open to that.

I'd love to be involved in group actities, but i just assumed we were too late & not mad about it. I'm just feeling so blessed to be able to go. Though I'd love to meet fellow Dis'ers. That why I recently introduced myself to get to know others backgrounds, but not many responses- maybe more will check this wkend!

;)Angela

It was never crowded for us, I think it depends on how many people are on the ship in the first place.

I've only traveled with my in-laws once before when we went to North Carolina, but DH's family as a whole love traveling together. Plus my in-laws are cool people so I don't forsee any issues.

Do you think this cruise seems like it going to be full?

I think cruising seems like a great family vacation when you have multiple families as everyone can go back to their own room when they need it, be in a confined area where everything is close & you can meet up anywhere, & have a set time to meet for dinner with a guaranteed table. I love WDW, but even though you have your own room you still have to deal with buses, boats & monorail to get most places & on DCL I have my feet to depend on! So if we're meeting at a certain time the bus, boat, monorail will not hold me up, just maybe my tired feet :rotfl2:

Are you dressing up for Halloween?

My 2 cents:

Since I'm of course new & not part of the FB group I don't really have answer for you.
Thanks for the consideration though, regarding us, my thoughts, questions, and ..... :lmao:

I see your frustration that all the outside discussion must happen on FB & you come here with not a lot of answers unfortunately as FB seems to be peoples preferred choice at this time.

Thanks for reading, ... you noticed a tone....? ? ?
What tone? :lmao:

I for one would like to order a tshirt,
Us too. But, as stated we are on our own, I blieve. So lets figure this out soon.

I personally would like a professionally made one as I feel an iron on will just come off with washing & I'd like to keep it to wear for memories.
As I stated, a true professional screen print of the images presented will cost a fortune. That could be why we here of no group order. But we can always order cheapies, IMO :eek:
Of course that is your nightmare.

Hey I'm in, if you order expensive shirts. I'm good for $20 - 30 a shirt. But your preferred design is different than mine I think? ? ? :rotfl:
Did you see this?

Past T shirt voting, etc.;

1st image I saw here; http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51246960&postcount=28

"The images" Post #98, page #7.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51455994&postcount=98

This thread's voting compilation; http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51472186&postcount=103
:lmao:

Our Family votes fwiw. All over the map BTW. :worried:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51472186&postcount=103

Point is "we" acquiesced to the pirate face , if that is the "official " image. Which I still haven't confirmed. How could it be the official print if everyone is left to figure it out on their own? ? ?

That being said, I love the Mickey head with the various cruise words, but not crazy about the jack skellinton front.
We feel the same way. You can see our votes linked above. But I'm a team player.
If you are having to decided and set your own shirts then I see no issue you choosing whatever design you prefer.

I totally love the idea of a FE ....
Ask here for participation in a last minute FE if you desire. It's all good. You may be surprised with the responses. Every sailing I have sailed, at least 10 pax want to participate at the last minute. You currently have four at least if I'm counting correctly. Now of course their gifts may not be the most detailed and extravagant, but ....

I'd love to be involved in group activities ....
Your not alone. :rolleyes1

I'm just feeling so blessed to be able to go.
Great attitude, which I share. :thumbsup2

See ya aboard.

Do you think this cruise seems like it going to be full? ....

DCL does every thing they can to fill the ship. *GT, FLR (Florida rates), MTO (Military rates), CM rates, etc.

Since you asked, lol. IME,
During our sailing, I will estimate that the total passenger count will be around 3500.

Consisting of;
1350 repeat sailors at least. (ETA; that's nearing half. :scared1: Gotta give DCL credit for that, )
1100 under age 18.
175-250 Platinum CC sailors.
200 - 250 Gold CC members.
An astronomical amount of CC Silver sailors aboard. Like 65% minimum. likely 70 %. :eek:

Depending on which way you look at it that would be 92% full.
But keep in mind, during the summer, the vessel is 122% full, at least. :scared1:

It's all relative. :)

ETA; Fall is great aboard the Fantasy.

We are so terribly sorry that we are late in potentially joining, we heard about this experience from our friends and decided that we would like to give it a shot, if you would still allow us to that is. We are in cabin 7632 with late doing, that is myself Dale, my husband Todd, Lelo and Aubrey both 15, and Davis who is 11. Both Davis and Todd will have birthdays on the cruise, the 2014 halloween fantasy cruise. sorry we could not PM you we are also new to this website, hope to hear good news from you soon.:wave2:

We are so terribly sorry that we are late in potentially joining, we heard about this experience from our friends and decided that we would like to give it a shot, if it is still allowed. We are in cabin 7632 with late dining, that is myself Dale, my husband Todd, Lelo and Aubrey both 15, and Davis who is 11, no one has any allergies but both davis and todd will have birthdays on the cruise,(2014 fantasy halloween) We hope to hear good news from you soon

Hello everyone, my name is Sarah Lane, I am one of the moderators on the Facebook page.
I am organising the Fish Extenders Exchange (FE) and the Roaming Mickey (RM)
FE
The FE is a gift exchange between cruisers. Gifts are usually but not always , cruise/nautical, Disney or State/Hometown related. Gifts can be given individually to each person in a cabin or as a cabin gift. You may be exchanging with every cabin on the list or you may be put into a group of 20 cabins (this hasn't been decided yet). When you deliver is entirely up to you.

If you would like to take part in the FE please pm me your stateroom number, cruisers names, ages and gender, favorite characters and details of any allergies or special occasions being celebrated on board the ship during the cruise.

RM
This is a magnet detains cruise destinations and dates, a list will be distributed of participating cabins. The RM should go full circle and end up where it started. The RM will be passed from stateroom to stateroom, you will only be required to write your stateroom number on it and sign your family name or Dis Name then pass it along to the next cabin.
Upon returning home from the cruise, a copy of the RM will be emailed to everyone who participated as souvenir of the cruise

If you would like to be part of the FE or Roaming mickey please send me a pm with your details
Thank you Sarah
pixiedust:
We are so terribly sorry that we are late in potentially joining, we heard about this (FE) experience from our friends and decided that we would like to give it a shot, if you would still allow us to that is. We are in cabin 7632 with late dining, that is myself Dale, my husband Todd, Lelo and Aubrey both 15, and Davis who is 11, davis and todd will have a birthday on the ship ( 2014 fantasy halloween). We hope to hear good news from you soon sorry if you have seen this message before, we are new to this site and trying to learn the ropes.

Just a refresh reminder of the rotation and such if anyone is interested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY. DATE ... PORT .......... SHOW ............... DINING/MENU ...........NOTES .......... PALO BRUNCH

1 .... 10/25 ..... PC ......... Welcome Show ........ Rotational

2 .... 10/26 ... At Sea ........... Aladdin .............. Rotational ............ Formal Night ....... Available

3 .... 10/27 .. Cozumel ......Performer(varies) .... Rotational

4 .... 10/28 . Grand Cayman .. Wishes .......... Prince and Princess

5 .... 10/29 .. Falmouth ......... "Movie" ......... Pirate Night Menu ....... Pirate Night

6 .... 10/30 ... At Sea .............Believe ........ Captain's Gala (lobster) . Semi-Formal .... Available

7 .... 10/31 . Castaway Cay .. Farewell Show ... See Ya Real Soon

8 .... 11/1 ....... PC ................... n/a .................... n/a
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any idea what local times we will be in each port? I am trying to book some private excursions but not sure if Disney stays in Eastern daylight time or changes to local time on the itinerary. The last DCL cruise I was one was an eastern, and local time and ship time were the same due to daylight savings.

Any idea what local times we will be in each port? I am trying to book some private excursions but not sure if Disney stays in Eastern daylight time or changes to local time on the itinerary. The last DCL cruise I was one was an eastern, and local time and ship time were the same due to daylight savings.

All posted sailing/docking times are local time. Disney changes ship clocks to match.

So we aren't planning on doing any excursions, but we might get off the ship and just look around at the various ports. Do each of the ports (not counting Castaway Cay) take US dollars at places like the shops?

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!

For those of you that are new, WELCOME ABOARD! I love to see the flurry of activity. We just got our cruise documents this weekend and my excitement was palpable. :cool1:

SweetLovin who is the admin here has been on a cruise, but I am sure she will be back on the boards soon and make updates about the scheduled events. I do know there is a last minute FE going on somewhere, but since I didn't choose to participate, I don't have the deets! :thumbsup2

As far as the t-shirts go, I haven't been following too closely as I wasn't sure we would participate, and if we do, we'll probably get the image we like instead of the designated one. Bear, if you wanted to make a group order for folks, I say, go for it!

I took over the ToT about a month ago as the original planner had to change cruises. My apologies to the newbies, but the ToT is closed to new participants as we have some volunteers that are making individual goodies for each child and I don't want my volunteers to shoot me! :scared1:

FYI, Disney will be running their own ToT, so your child will not be left out! :goodvibes

I wanted to let everyone know that I have created updated Volunteer and Participant lists for the DIS/FB ToT. I would love to post the spreadsheet here so that the participants and volunteers could check the spreadsheet and be sure your information is right and let me know by PM if you have any updates. I'm not sure how to post here though, any tips?

I will be updating in the next couple of weeks on the ToT plan and what else is needed. Thanks so much to everyone that is helping! We are going to have a great event!

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!

For those of you that are new, WELCOME ABOARD! I love to see the flurry of activity. We just got our cruise documents this weekend and my excitement was palpable. :cool1:

SweetLovin who is the admin here has been on a cruise, but I am sure she will be back on the boards soon and make updates about the scheduled events. I do know there is a last minute FE going on somewhere, but since I didn't choose to participate, I don't have the deets! :thumbsup2

As far as the t-shirts go, I haven't been following too closely as I wasn't sure we would participate, and if we do, we'll probably get the image we like instead of the designated one. Bear, if you wanted to make a group order for folks, I say, go for it!

I took over the ToT about a month ago as the original planner had to change cruises. My apologies to the newbies, but the ToT is closed to new participants as we have some volunteers that are making individual goodies for each child and I don't want my volunteers to shoot me! :scared1:

FYI, Disney will be running their own ToT, so your child will not be left out! :goodvibes

I wanted to let everyone know that I have created updated Volunteer and Participant lists for the DIS/FB ToT. I would love to post the spreadsheet here so that the participants and volunteers could check the spreadsheet and be sure your information is right and let me know by PM if you have any updates. I'm not sure how to post here though, any tips?

I will be updating in the next couple of weeks on the ToT plan and what else is needed. Thanks so much to everyone that is helping! We are going to have a great event!

If you have a Google account, you can upload the spreadsheet onto your Google Drive (aka Google Docs) and you can share the link to it on here.

Do you think this cruise seems like it going to be full?

I think cruising seems like a great family vacation when you have multiple families as everyone can go back to their own room when they need it, be in a confined area where everything is close & you can meet up anywhere, & have a set time to meet for dinner with a guaranteed table. I love WDW, but even though you have your own room you still have to deal with buses, boats & monorail to get most places & on DCL I have my feet to depend on! So if we're meeting at a certain time the bus, boat, monorail will not hold me up, just maybe my tired feet :rotfl2:

Are you dressing up for Halloween?

We are dressing up for Halloween. We're going to reuse our costumes that we are wearing for MNSSHP before the cruise. We still need to finalize everything though, but I think it's a fun idea for the four of us (maybe I'll post a picture once we get our costumes completed).

On the cruise docs it says:

10/25: Onboard 3:45
10/26: At sea
10/27: Cozumel Ashore 8:15 am, Onboard 3:45 pm
10/28: Grand Cayman Ashore 10:30, Onboard 5:30
10/29: Falmouth Ashore 7:30, Onboard 4:45
10/30: At sea
10/31: Castaway Ashore 8:30, Onboard 4:45

Then in small print, Due to time zone changes, the local time in ports of call may vary from the ship's time.

Hope this helps!

I have never snorkeled before, but I think I'd like to try it. Is it difficult? Do you have your own equipment? I was just reading over the description for the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel with includes some snorkel time. Anyone do this before?

No, snorkeling is not hard at all. On most excursions they will provide the equipment and float vests so you can really just float around with your face in the water looking at all the pretty fishies!

I think the Fury Catamaran sounds pretty awesome. I have been looking at other snorkeling excursions for Cozumel and need to book something PDQ!

So sorry for the multiple posts, but realized I didn't answer Bear's question.

Halloween ToT

Yes, the date and time are correct!
I do have a list of station volunteers that includes you, Bear!
We have a preliminary list of stations, but since our group of volunteers don't include a lot of experienced Fantasy cruisers, I am hoping to get some feedback from someone who has cruised the Fantasy multiple times before I finalize them. Is that someone you? ;)

So we aren't planning on doing any excursions, but we might get off the ship and just look around at the various ports. Do each of the ports (not counting Castaway Cay) take US dollars at places like the shops?

I hope so! I saw in some other threads that many prices are listed in both local & US currency. I hope that this is true. I feel leary to use my credit card in the ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter