• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 25, 2009 4-Night Wonder Roll Call

What should we name our cruise?

• 999 Happy Haunts Cruise

• Creepy Cruising

• Spooky Sailing

• High Seas Halloween

• Halloween on the High Seas

• HalloWonder Cruise

• A High Seas Haunting

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am also starting to feel a bit of pressure to get everything ready - but totally normal for me!!! I think I end up "overplanning" everything then think I missed something. We are spending a few days in WDW afterwards and that part of our trip has been somewhat neglected!!! :goodvibes My neighbor completely helped me out with our FE and I just love it! Have a few final touches but I am excited to get it outside our door next week!:cheer2::cheer2:

I hope everyone stays healthy too - and Herdmom hope your dd is doing better!

We are all just getting over colds, too. Hopefully the cough goes away before next week! I don't want to freak anyone out on the plane when I am hacking (cough) all over the place ;).

See you all soon! Good luck to everyone with the packing and getting all the final details arranged :).

Oh, boy, this is getting close.

Just got the ok from the boss to have Mon and Tuesday off, and we may leave as early as this Sunday 10-18!!! Now if we can get the honey do list taken care of by then.

I see the Wonder is at PC and now, probably finishing up the last few things before they board on Sunday.

Hope all is going well with the placking and last minute planning.

Hello to all members of this group,

we're about to leave. The suitcases are packed, the deck plans and the excel list for the FE exchange are printed - and I should go to bed, because it's midnight right now here and our train leaves at 7am. We'll travel to Vienna and stay there for one night before we're flying to Orlando.

We'll stay one week at WDW (Saratoga Springs) before our cruise, so we'll be in the "Disney mood" when we're going to board the Disney Wonder.

Unfortunately, we didn't get anything like a FE here in Germany. Thanks for the tip to check eBay for them [they are looking really cute], but it would have been difficult to pay them. So we need to have a look for something that is suitable to use as a FE when we're in the US - so don't wonder if there is something "strange" hanging at our door - it should be the fish extender :laughing:

Hektor,

I can promise your English is better than my German. I will make sure the excel spreadsheet has your name spelling correct as well.

Hektor, pardon me for not spelling your name correctly. I'm just trying to get a real number as to who is participating in the FE exchange and who has decided not to participate. As you can see the numbers have dropped some.
Mike usually update the list when he has time.

Now if you're not that crafty in making your Fish extender, you can check ebay and search for "fish extender" and you'll see a few ladies that make them as well as personalized them for you. I don't know what the time frame is to get one shipped to you but you can also have it shipped to the port and pick it up from there.

Also please come to the meet and greet even if just to say hello. It really would be nice to meet you and your wife.

Agreed! I have two brothers and a sister-in-law who speak German; too bad they won't be there, since I am limited to bitte & danke! But we will be pleased to meet you.

You're very nice to us. I'm gonna talk to Martina if she is interested to join the meeting. Can you please tell me again where it exactly is and how to recognize the group?

:goodvibes Last thing: We wish you a nice and safe trip to the harbour. Enjoy your trip and have fun. :goodvibes

Greetings from Europe, Hektor & Martina

Hektor have a safe and wonderful trip. I hope everything goes as smooth as butter. Please post and let us know that you made it safe here in the US. If you are still interested in getting a FE on ebay just email the person most likely she already has one made and would be willing to ship it to your hotel. You would need to do this real soon though.

Again please stay safe and I hope to meet you and your wife at 3:00pm on the promanade deck Sunday

Hello!!!!:banana::banana::banana: One week from this morning we will be getting on a plane to head down to FL - yeahh!!!! Anyone else been checking out the 10 day forcast (Accuweather actually goes out to 11-15 days). I normally do not place much faith in weather forecasts this far out, BUT it does look like Mon and Tues when we are in the Bahamas it will be low 80s and SUNNY!!!!

Barb

Oh, boy, this is getting close.

I see the Wonder is at PC and now, probably finishing up the last few things before they board on Sunday.

Hope all is going well with the placking and last minute planning.

That is excactly what we are doing here "placking"!!!:rotfl: planning and packing or more like planning what to pack

Does anyone know what time the rocket launch is? Will we be off the boat by then?

That is excactly what we are doing here "placking"!!!:rotfl: planning and packing or more like planning what to pack

Does anyone know what time the rocket launch is? Will we be off the boat by then?

The Launch windows are for Oct 27th and 28th. According to the NASA website the launch is currently scheduled for 8 am on the 27th, so depending on where the ship is we may or may not see it. If it were a night launch I would say no problem. It will be interesting to see if they make any announcements on board.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/moonandmars/status/2009/ares1x-status-20091015.html

First time Disney Cruise (cruise of any kind for that matter) here. The countdown has hit one week and we are all very excited.

We fly into Orlando Saturday afternoon and are doing a limo to our hotel in Port Canaveral (Radisson). Then a limo back to the airport, where we are doing a day stay at the Hyatt since we have a later flight out.

This is our late 20th wedding anniversary celebration :cool1:

Actually, we have a MUCH better chance of seeing the launch if it's on Wednesday rather than Tuesday! Here's hoping everything goes as planned for that!
Hoping my new camera arrives in time to make it on the trip with me!!

First time Disney Cruise (cruise of any kind for that matter) here. The countdown has hit one week and we are all very excited.

We fly into Orlando Saturday afternoon and are doing a limo to our hotel in Port Canaveral (Radisson). Then a limo back to the airport, where we are doing a day stay at the Hyatt since we have a later flight out.

This is our late 20th wedding anniversary celebration :cool1:

Well happy anniversary. My wife and I were in your exact shoes last year while celebrating our tenth. Not sure if you are sans children, but we found the cruise very enjoyable as a couple. My one recommendation is to head toward the adults beach on Castaway Cay. Absolutely quiet and serene. Enjoy your trip!

We will have the kids along with us, but have activities planned both with and without them.

Bringing them along was one of the big factors in choosing a Disney cruise. We only have them both at home for a couple of more years and figured we can always do another cruise line after they have left the nest.

We will have the kids along with us, but have activities planned both with and without them.

Bringing them along was one of the big factors in choosing a Disney cruise. We only have them both at home for a couple of more years and figured we can always do another cruise line after they have left the nest.

Even better! We very much enjoy travelling with out kids, though DCL is still very nice without them.

Ok, so this is it, the suitcases are about to be put in the car, and off we go. The swine flu is going around school, so we pulled the kids out a few days early, and my boss said "See Ya!" The Mrs. is getting a hair cut this morning, and we are ready to leave. We will get to Orlando Tuesday around noon (driving straight through from Chicago), and look for a place to stay for one night. Our rental home may be available a day early, so we will try to get that so we don't have to move in and out of another place. Another option is the resort company my mom works for owns Bonnett Creek near Downtown Disney, and we can get that inexpensively.

And, about the "placking" thing, totally unintentional, but somewhat appropriate. haha

See you all next Sunday,

Curtis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter