October 25, 2008 Western DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will be giving Palo a miss on the cruise ( :scared1: shock, horror!) for the following reasons:

1. it is our first ever Disney Cruise so we don't want to miss any of the dining room experiences as it will all be new to us.

As a result of Palo, we've never experienced the show in Animator's. We've been in there more times for the muster stations drill (2) than to eat (1). First cruise was just luck. Second cruise, a bunch of us with first dining linked our dining ressies. This allowed us to sit together, and request a specific dining rotation. We wouldn't know until we got our KTTW exactly what rotation we got (it was what we'd asked for), but based upon that, we planned to miss Animator's. Chris and I wanted to eat the special menus that they have in the main dining rooms later in the cruise.
Sean

Hi we are booked on this cruise also!! Me(39 and Celebrating the big 4-0!!!), DH (45), DS (9), DD (7), & DS (5), we are traveling with friends they also have two daughters ages 7 and 5. We are so excited!! Celebrating Halloween on a Disney Cruise must be great!!

Hi Maryrn-
Welcome! I can't believe how many children on this cruise are 5 yrs and 7 yrs old. My daughter's are 5 and 7 as well. I hope they all have a blast.
Is this your first cruise? We too, can't wait to experience Halloween onboard, as well as at Castaway Cay.

Hi we are booked on this cruise also!! Me(39 and Celebrating the big 4-0!!!), DH (45), DS (9), DD (7), & DS (5), we are traveling with friends they also have two daughters ages 7 and 5. We are so excited!! Celebrating Halloween on a Disney Cruise must be great!!

Oops, just read your ticker that it is your first cruise. Sorry! This is our second time and we canNOT wait!

I am sorry to ask this question yet again, as I am sure it has been asked many times. However, I have been searching the thread for quite a bit of time now. I am trying to find where Fish Extender is explained and also what TOT is all about. Can someone please explain Fish Extender to me and also what TOT if it is quick enough and if not, do you know roughly on what page it was introduced to the thread? Thank you so much!
-Rachel

We had a wonderful time last October 22-29th, but my son would have had an even better time if he made some friends on the cruise. It seemed that most of the kids we saw already had buddies or siblings to play with at the pool, and the oceaneers club.

My son will be five and a half at the time of the cruise. I look forward to meeting others with kids the same age. I haven't made it to a chat yet, and right now it's kind of overwhelming to read all the posts! If you have a son around the same age as mine, I would love to hear from you.

We are interested in one of the meetups that will take place on the first or second day too.

Welcome all of you to our cruise meet thread!

the fish extender exchange involves hanging a fish extender ( a fabric hanger with pockets ) on the fish mail thingy outside your stateroom. Other members of the fish extender exchange will then put little gifts into the pockets during the cruise. We are doing a very informal fish extender exchange which will involve 2 separate groups of DIS families who will be allocated to a group according to which deck they are on. The members of each group will distribute a gift to all the other group members. You can bring a gift for just the children, or all family members and you can distribute your gift/s whenever you choose.

If you look on the main DIS cruise board there are lots of threads about fish extenders, what they are, how to make one, where to buy one (ebay seems to be popular) and what sort of things to bring as gifts.

If any of you want to join in, please send me a pm with all names of family members and ages / gender of children and cabin number if you have it yet. I will then add you to the list.

Now the Trick or Treat is to be organised by another cruiser, and I am not quite sure what she has in mind, but I am sure she will enlight us before too long. She also did this last Halloween on her cruise and it was a great success!

Hope this helps! Great to have you all on board! :goodvibes

welcome aboard to all the new cruiser

had a lovely day today
DH and i went shopping and then had a lovely dinner
and stopped at the pub to watch the football
M-U won the european league

DH and i went shopping and then had a lovely dinner
and stopped at the pub to watch the football
M-U won the european league

Sunny this am here, then clouds, by 2pm, rain. Watched the match, too.

Any of the 2007 Moonies thinking of A Fat English Gent during the match? He told me that he had tickets to the game, to see his beloved Man U play. I started yelling when their goalie stopped the last PK. DW asked me if I was disturbing the greyhound...(his head never came off his bed).

Henry's Mom- my son will be 5yrs and 4 months by the time we cruise. He loves to play with others once he gets to know them. He will have his then newly 3yr old sister to play with but he prefers to hang with the boys. We will have to introduce them!

Thank you, Sarah. I will read up on it a bit more and let you know if I will have the time to gather the necessities and participate. Sounds like fun! :)

DH called me and sounded concerned.
I said: not to worry, ships can go around storms
He said: maybe it might affect Costa Maya
I said: if so, that's another day at sea
He said: what about Castaway Cay?
I said: thank goodness we have two stops.

Guess which of us is the optimist? :)

Henry's Mom- my son will be 5yrs and 4 months by the time we cruise. He loves to play with others once he gets to know them. He will have his then newly 3yr old sister to play with but he prefers to hang with the boys. We will have to introduce them!

Because I don't have enough posts on this message board, I can't send emails or private messages. If you could, please contact me at cj27e (at) aol. This system won't let me post the actual email address either, but hopefully you will understand! Also, akasleepingbeauty, I couldn't respond to your private message. Can you email me too?

My son is very outgoing, and usually has no problem making friends. I suspect it wasn't easy on our first cruise because a lot of other people were traveling with friends, kids had siblings, or parents had made friends online first so the kids had prearranged meetings. We even had a boy the same age as my son at our dining table but he never wanted to do anything during the day but nap, or hang just with his parents.

Because I don't have enough posts on this message board, I can't send emails or private messages. If you could, please contact me at cj27e (at) aol. This system won't let me post the actual email address either, but hopefully you will understand! Also, akasleepingbeauty, I couldn't respond to your private message. Can you email me too?

My son is very outgoing, and usually has no problem making friends. I suspect it wasn't easy on our first cruise because a lot of other people were traveling with friends, kids had siblings, or parents had made friends online first so the kids had prearranged meetings. We even had a boy the same age as my son at our dining table but he never wanted to do anything during the day but nap, or hang just with his parents.
I think after you have posted 10 times you can PM people
it is good to make sure your kids go to the clubs on the first night as this is when friendships are made
my Ds just made friends with just one boy last time became big buddies but on the first cruise he made friends with lots of kids

couldn't get him out of the clubs first cruise
second time he spend most of the time in the pool and only went to the clubs in the evenings

was to tired last night after work to check out the chat anyone about

heading to see the new India Jones film this evening
anyone seen it
it was only released here this week

working most of the rest of the weekend hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day weekend (what ever that is ) we have a long week end next week here ,

We have a bank holiday weekend here in Wales....only I am working night shifts Saturday and Sunday .....(I hate nights but I keep thinking - more money for the cruise!).What is the Memorial Day in memorial of, if you don't mind me asking? Have a great weekend everyone!

I am looking forward to the final results of American Idol tonight (I know USA already has the results so please don't spill the beans!). I so want David Cook to win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter