October 24,2018 - New York to Bermuda on the Magic

Hi! We’re from Alaska and this is our first Disney Cruise. So excited!! Finalizing booking tomorrow. Any tips on cabins? Any booking tips from all
you experts would be SO appreciated! Thanks! Oh, my husband and I are traveling with our 15 and 17 year old sons. Any tips there?

We checked in at midnight for Gold CC and everything looked to be available so we may not have a large number of platinum cruisers on this sailing. We were able to get the earliest port arrival time at 11:00am. and book Palo brunch and dinner.

All of the Bermuda excursions are available for this cruise, but may only be offered on one of the 2 days. We did not see any sold out as we were booking but that may change as the days progress.

We had the same experience on gold night. I also checked our friends in on silver night and I was able to get them 11am PAT as well, brunch reservations, and everything else they wanted. Only issue was we couldn’t get the same time as each other for brunch but I am sure once onboard we won’t have an issue combining the reservations

Last edited:
Hi! We’re from Alaska and this is our first Disney Cruise. So excited!! Finalizing booking tomorrow. Any tips on cabins? Any booking tips from all
you experts would be SO appreciated! Thanks! Oh, my husband and I are traveling with our 15 and 17 year old sons. Any tips there?

Hi! Welcome aboard! It really depends on what you prefer and your budget. Are you looking for a verandah room, porthole room, inside cabin? Are you concerned about sea sickness?

Last edited:

We had the same experience on gold night. I also checked our friends in on silver night and I was able to get them 11am PAT as well, brunch reservations, and everything else they wanted. Only issue was we couldn’t get the same time as each other for brunch but I am sure once onboard we won’t have an issue combining the reservations
How do I go about booking reservations for brunch, etc? My travel agent didn’t mention any of this. Thanks.

How do I go about booking reservations for brunch, etc? My travel agent didn’t mention any of this. Thanks.

Your window to book Palo, excursions, etc opens up for first time cruisers on August 10. At that point you log into your Disney cruise account on the Disney cruise line website and go to the reservation page. It should say "check in" once you hit the check in link it will walk you through the steps to check in. Then above that link there is a book activities link that enables you to book activities. I suggest that you check in at midnight. This cruise seems to have a lot of first time cruisers and many activities are booking up already. I believe there aren't any Palo brunch reservations left already. But there will be many more available once onboard. They hold back reservations for people to book once onboard. You will also pick a port arrival time during the check in process. It is always best to get the earliest time you can get. Let me know if you have more questions. I hope this isn't too confusing

Your window to book Palo, excursions, etc opens up for first time cruisers on August 10. At that point you log into your Disney cruise account on the Disney cruise line website and go to the reservation page. It should say "check in" once you hit the check in link it will walk you through the steps to check in. Then above that link there is a book activities link that enables you to book activities. I suggest that you check in at midnight. This cruise seems to have a lot of first time cruisers and many activities are booking up already. I believe there aren't any Palo brunch reservations left already. But there will be many more available once onboard. They hold back reservations for people to book once onboard. You will also pick a port arrival time during the check in process. It is always best to get the earliest time you can get. Let me know if you have more questions. I hope this isn't too confusing

Thank you SO much!! That is beyond helpful.

Hello all, late to the game here but we're happy to be cruising again too! This will be our 9th cruise with Disney!
My, hubby and 4 kids (14, 12, 8, 6)

Hello all, late to the game here but we're happy to be cruising again too! This will be our 9th cruise with Disney!
Hi! It’s our 1st Disney Cruise. Have you been on this ship before? To Bermuda? Would love to hear tips from an experienced cruiser.

Welcome aboard! 9th Cruise, that’s awesome! It’s our 7th, our kids are a bit older (20 and 16) and have lost interest in cruising ( which I thought would never happen). Enjoy it while it lasts. We are sailing without them this time.

We'll be joining you! This will be our first cruise on the Magic. We've been on the Fantasy 3 times. I'm most curious about the weather heading out of NYC, and when it will feel warm. It won't matter to my kids (14, 12, 9) - they'll be in the pool regardless of the temperature! We're Minnesotan! Excited to experience Bermuda!
I love cruising in October, two of our cruises were out of PC in October and we found them to be much less wavy then the January cruise we last were on.

We'll be joining you! This will be our first cruise on the Magic. We've been on the Fantasy 3 times. I'm most curious about the weather heading out of NYC, and when it will feel warm. It won't matter to my kids (14, 12, 9) - they'll be in the pool regardless of the temperature! We're Minnesotan! Excited to experience Bermuda!
I love cruising in October, two of our cruises were out of PC in October and we found them to be much less wavy then the January cruise we last were on.

:welcome: to our cruise meet!

Glad to have you sailing with us. I'm sorry we've been a bit absent on this meet thread but hopefully things will pick up now that we're within the 30 day mark.

Weather and ocean conditions for this time of year are a big question mark here too, and I'll be watching the forecasts closely these next few weeks.

Not sure what to pack yet but I love the swimming plans your family has. We're packing our suits as well!

Between pirate night, the Halloween events and the overnight stay in Bermuda, it's going to be a great cruise

I know that we're celebrating Halloween on our sailing. Will there also be a Pirate Night, or is that only on 7 night cruises? I am suddenly realizing how behind I am in packing, getting costumes ready, etc. I love to make costumes for my kids, and my 9 yr old wants to be Baby Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, so I have my work cut out for me! Say hi if you see him onboard!

Hello to all!

My adult daughter and I are joining you on this sailing! We have both been to Bermuda several times (in fact, my daughter was even married there!); and we have both been on several DCL cruises, so we are very excited to be able to combine our two most favorite vacations into one!
And since we live in NJ, even our travel to the port should be easy.

Is this group planning any meet up on board? This will be the first time traveling without kids or grandkids, so we are looking forward to having lots of time for adult activities..

Hello to all!

My adult daughter and I are joining you on this sailing! We have both been to Bermuda several times (in fact, my daughter was even married there!); and we have both been on several DCL cruises, so we are very excited to be able to combine our two most favorite vacations into one!

Is this group planning any meet up on board? This will be the first time traveling without kids or grandkids, so we are looking forward to having lots of time for adult activities..

Welcome! As of now there is no formal meet-ups planned for this cruise. There seems to be many on this cruise from NY and NJ. I hope Disney continues to sail out of NY as it is great to not have to fly! We are empty nesters traveling with another couple and are also looking forward to the adult activities onboard.

Hi! It’s our 1st Disney Cruise. Have you been on this ship before? To Bermuda? Would love to hear tips from an experienced cruiser.

:welcome: We've sailed on the Magic 3x so far, but not since they made enhancements last year. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. As far as tips? Depends on your cruising preferences. Sailing past an illuminated Statue of Liberty on the return to port is magical as are sunrise and sunsets at seas. Cove Café has a complimentary grab and go mini pastry section with some fun treats .

Halloween is for everyone - including the trick or treat stations. We had a lot of fun. Costumes optional. But this year we're dressing up a bit.

We love this ship. It's got a great vibe. Everyone will be feeling this as we sail out of NYC to the new port of Bermuda on these cruises. Glad to have you along.

I know that we're celebrating Halloween on our sailing. Will there also be a Pirate Night, or is that only on 7 night cruises? I am suddenly realizing how behind I am in packing, getting costumes ready, etc. I love to make costumes for my kids, and my 9 yr old wants to be Baby Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, so I have my work cut out for me! Say hi if you see him onboard!

yes there is a pirate night. I can't get into the activities page on our cruise right now, so I'm not sure which night.

Love the baby groot costume idea. Your son will be a big hit!! I will definitely say hi. Make sure they get a map of the treat stations and hit them all. This cruise is going to be a lot of fun. Can't wait.

Hello to all!

:welcome: Great to have a fellow cruiser from NJ. We're all adults too and will be hanging out in the same areas. Hope we bump into you guys. This will be our first time in Bermuda and we've got a packed schedule to see and do as much as we can. Glad to have you along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter