October 2019 Check-In Thread!

Hi all! So excited to be heading back to DL soon. We'll be there October 13-17th. I'm finally able to search for reservations during our dates, but they're all coming back with no available times. I read the previous posts and it looks like this is just a system issue?

The park hours hasn't been finalized so the breakfast and dinner options aren't ready yet. Once they are released, it should be available online and you can call to book.

Hi all! So excited to be heading back to DL soon. We'll be there October 13-17th. I'm finally able to search for reservations during our dates, but they're all coming back with no available times. I read the previous posts and it looks like this is just a system issue?

Not so much a system issue, but more a "park hours aren't finalized" issue. :(

When I phoned I was told the entertainment team had not finalized the entertainment, and to keep checking.

I have been able to book Storytellers and Goofy’s Kitchen but no WOC Desert, Frozen, Fantasmic etc.

I got:
Blue bayou for Friday October 18 @ 6:30
Minnie and Friends Breakfast on October 18 @ 8:30
River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! Dinner Dining Package October 16 @ 6:15 p.m.

I can't current get anything for WOC or Tomorrowland for the fireworks.

Last edited:
I was able to get the Plaza Inn character breakfast today (week of Columbus Day). I think I'm going to wait on the Fantasmic package for now. I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go with.

There were issues at least last week- what reservations are you looking for? I spot checked a few (Blue Bayou, Lamplight Lounge, Carnation Cafe) in your timeframe and some options came up.

I was able to get Fantasmic pkg for the 18th, but no World of Color dessert party yet, and World of Color isn't on the entertainment calendar for any non-party dates in October yet either. It's the last one I need!

We are at the GCH for 6 nights from 28th. We have booked Storytellers for character breakfast and Goofy’s for dinner one night. Are there other things we should book now or is it ok to “wing it”? I read where other have booked Carnation, Oga’s, Lamplight etc. Should we also book these or is it ok to wait until we get there? We are a family party of 5.

Edit: if available, we are intending to do Frozen dining package and WOC desert.

Our trip is fast approaching and I'm excited! I'll be there for our first visits with my sister, 2 nephews (13 and 7) and niece (2) Oct 27 to Oct 31, with just the Oogie Boogie Bash on 27th - flight arrival date. I'm nervous we will be exhausted after the morning of travel from Canada, but we can make it!

We are at the GCH for 6 nights from 28th. We have booked Storytellers for character breakfast and Goofy’s for dinner one night. Are there other things we should book now or is it ok to “wing it”? I read where other have booked Carnation, Oga’s, Lamplight etc. Should we also book these or is it ok to wait until we get there? We are a family party of 5.

Edit: if available, we are intending to do Frozen dining package and WOC desert.

I'm headed in on Oct 25th, so still in the timeframe that hasn't been released. I've booked some other reservations around some of the ones we want to get, without blocking out the intended time. So for example, on the day we wanted to do Plaza Inn, we didn't have lunch planned, so I went ahead and booked a lunch, just in case breakfast falls through. Basically a lot of early or late lunches since we're hoping to get whatever dining packages become available.

If you've got people in your group who need to have scheduled meals, it's good to try to get something into the schedule while we wait. (If it works out for you, that is). There are a lot of Quick Service options, so there's definitely flexibility but I know for my group, we have some medical reasons to actually put in a few reservations where we can.

I'm so frustrated that the WOC packages for Oct. still haven't been released yet. I've been checking everyday, several times a day for weeks. Am I the only one doing this?

Some of the in park Dining Options have finally started showing up for the week of Oct 13th. Hopefully the Dining packages will follow soon.

I really wanted to get something at Ogas but there are no availabilities any of the days were will be there - sad hatbox ghost
Oga's reservations only open up 14 days out. There was an error with the system a few days ago that allowed some people to get reservations in October, but that was quickly changed when Disney realized the error. Check again 14 days before you want to go. There will likely be some openings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter