October 2016....yes we're going to Disney "again"

I'm so excited that you get to go to AKL. It's tied with Beach Club for my favorite resort. Since AK is your favorite park, you're going to LOVE it. It's worth every penny. And yay for POFQ as well! So fun!

I love the Magic Band skins you created! Especially the Tangled and Mulan ones. :love:

The countdown activities you do with your daughter are so fun! I love Dalmation Day! I'll have to remember that!!!

Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

I'm so excited that you get to go to AKL. It's tied with Beach Club for my favorite resort. Since AK is your favorite park, you're going to LOVE it. It's worth every penny. And yay for POFQ as well! So fun!

I love the Magic Band skins you created! Especially the Tangled and Mulan ones. :love:

The countdown activities you do with your daughter are so fun! I love Dalmation Day! I'll have to remember that!!!

Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Thanks! We are really excited to try AKL and POFQ! The countdown stuff is a lot of fun because it helps pass the time! Tomorrow is our 60 days out so - booking FP in the morning...she also has a letter coming from the headless horseman in the morning. I will try and remember to post a picture of that!

BUSY MORNING! FP+, Online Check-in, 3rd Grade Teacher Posted

It was a busy morning in our household! Got up early to make sure the dog got her walk in before 7 a.m. when our FP+ booking window opened up! Did online check-in for the first part of our stay, and we found out this morning who DD's third grade teacher would be. This never happens, but all three things went well! We were able to get all of the FP+ times that we wanted! Over a 7-day trip, I thought that was great! For our online check in at AKL, we requested near the lobby and Sunset Savannah View. DD was really hoping for a specific 3rd grade teacher (and to be on the 2nd floor of her school because two 3rd grade classrooms are on the 2nd floor with the 4th and 5th graders and one is on the first floor with the 1st and 2nd graders...big things in the eyes of an 8 year old lol...) and she is in the class she was hoping for. We've been talking about how 3rd grade would be great no matter which teacher she got, but this definitely made her day :)

I'm going to update our itinerary this morning with our FP+ info and will post the update soon!

"FINAL" ITINERARY PART 1 - Days 1-4 -- well...until Disney gets their act together with the October hours and entertainment schedule...still hoping for Star Wars Fireworks to be extended (probably will be) and for Rivers of Light to open (crossing our fingers!).

Saturday, October 15th - Hollywood Studios
Our flight on Friday night got pushed back and so we won't arrive to AKL until after 10:00 p.m....which means plans to rope drop have been "dropped!"

9:30 a.m. - Check out AKL, go for a swim, watch the animals
11:15 a.m. - Head to Hollywood Studios
12:15 p.m. - Have lunch at Rosie's or Fairfax Fare
12:45 p.m. - FP+ for Tower of Terror (window 11:45 - 12:45)
1:05 p.m. - FP+ for Rock-n-Roller Coaster (window 1:05 - 2:05)
2:00 p.m. - Indiana Jones Stunt Show
3:00 p.m. - FP+ for Star Tours
3:45 p.m. - Ride rides, meet characters (try for 4th/5th FP+ for Great Movie Ride, Ride TSMM standby)
5:30 p.m. - Dinner at Pizzerizzo (should be open by then!)
6:30 p.m. - Ride Tower of Terror (line is usually short around this time before Fantasmic)
6:45 p.m. - Get seats for Fantasmic
7:30 p.m. - Fantasmic
8:00 p.m. - Depart for AKL

Sunday, October 16th - Magic Kingdom

6:45 a.m. - Catch Bus to Magic Kingdom
8:00 a.m. - Breakfast at Be Our Guest
8:45 a.m. - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
9:00 a.m. - Peter Pan
9:15 a.m. - Haunted Mansion
9:40 a.m. - Splash Mountain (multiple times if lines are short)
10:15 a.m. - Aladdin's Carpets
10:25 a.m. - Jungle Cruise (depending on line length, if long, do this after Pirates FP+)
10:45 a.m. - FP+ for Pirates (window 10:35 - 11:35)
11:15 a.m. - Swiss Family Treehouse
11:45 a.m. - Lunch at Casey's and pick up pack of Sorcerers of the MK Cards
1:00 p.m. - Mickey's Friendship Faire (adjust exact time once schedule is released)
1:35 p.m. - FP+ for Buzz Lightyear (window 1:35 - 2:35)
2:00 p.m. - Astro Orbiter
2:40 p.m. - FP+ for Space Mountain (window 2:40 - 3:40)
3:00 p.m. - Other rides in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland (try for additional FP+ for these)
5:30 p.m. - Dinner at Pinocchio's or Columbia Harbor House
6:00 p.m. - Hit shops on Main Street on our way out
7:00 p.m. - Depart for AKL

Monday, October 17th - Animal Kingdom
So you may notice this is a change as we were originally going to do Epcot on this day -- we switched to AK for a few reasons - 1st because I wanted to be sure and get a Frozen Ever After FP+ and thought our chances of getting one for Wednesday were better than for Monday (which turned out to be true!) and second, I figured since we're going to take an afternoon break on both Monday and Wednesday, it's a short commute from AK to AKL on Monday and then on Wednesday we'll be at POFQ which is closer to Epcot...AK is a non-recommended day on this Monday, but with rope drop, avoiding the afternoon, and then moving back to AK for the night with late FP+ I think we'll beat the crowds for the most part!

7:15 a.m. - Catch bus to AK
8:00 a.m. - Expedition Everest (multiple rides till the line builds :)
8:45 a.m. - Meet Mickey and Minnie (our favorite place to meet them!)
9:15 a.m. - FP+ for Primeval Whirl (we'll get rid of this FP if Rivers of Light opens and select a Rivers of Light FP+ instead)
9:30 a.m. - Dinosaur (it's supposed to re-open this day)
10:00 a.m. - It's Tough to Be a Bug
10:30 a.m. - Flights of Wonder
11:15 a.m. - Lunch at Pizzafari
12:00 p.m. - Return to AKL for a swim break
3:15 p.m. - Catch bus back to AK
4:30 p.m. - FP+ for Expedition Everest (window 3:50 - 4:50)
5:00 p.m. - Dinner at Flametree BBQ
6:00 p.m. - Festival of the Lion King
6:30 p.m. - Harambe Nighttime Parti (if it's still happening...should be, but hasn't been announced)
7:00 p.m. - FP+ for Safari (window 6:00 - 7:00)
7:30 p.m. - Return to AKL (unless they extend the hours...keeping our fingers crossed for that!)

Tuesday, October 18th - Magic Kingdom
You'll notice we've chosen all party days to do at Magic Kingdom...we've found the crowds way more manageable on Party days. I had thought about going on a non-party day so we could see MSEP, but since it's been announced that isn't happening, we aren't going to bother doing that, especially since we'll see Celebrate the Magic and Hallowishes when we attend MNSSHP on the 21st

9:00 a.m. - wake up, go for a swim if we feel like it
10:30 a.m. - get packed up and take our bags to lobby/check out of AKL
11:30 a.m. - Lunch at Marra
12:30 p.m. - Depart AKL for Magic Kingdom
1:30 p.m. - Pick up a 2nd deck of Sorcerers of the MK Cards and play the game a bit
2:30 p.m. - FP+ for Splash Mountain (window 1:40 - 2:40)
3:00 p.m. - Festival of Fantasy Parade (watch from Frontierland, make sure on shaded side of the street so not looking in the sun the whole time!)
4:00 p.m. - FP+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (window 3:05 - 4:05)
4:30 p.m. - FP+ for Space Mountain (window 4:25 - 5:25)
5:00 p.m. - Ride rides in Tomorrowland/Fantasyland (try for 4th FP+)
6:05 p.m. - Dinner at Be Our Guest
7:00 p.m. - Depart for POFQ and check in to new room!

"FINAL" ITINERARY PART 2 -- Days 5-7 including MNSSHP!

Wednesday, October 19th - Epcot
This was another park we changed the day we are going (flipped with the AK day). It was the most recommended park on both Monday and Wednesday, and the overall crowd level on Wednesday is predicted to be lower than Monday, so that should be good -- though I'm sure we'll still run into a lot of people with it being Food and Wine festival!

7:45 a.m. - Catch bus for Epcot
9:00 a.m. - Test Track at Rope Drop
9:30 a.m. - FP+ for Mission Space (window 9:15 - 10:15) -- to be honest, we probably won't need a FP+ for this at this time of the morning, but it fits in our schedule the best...really, there aren't any tier 2 FP+ that are must-do's for us, so we're trying to use our FP+ as quickly as we can in the morning in hopes of getting an evening FP+ for either Soarin or Test Track...we'll see what happens!)
9:45 a.m. - Meet Joy & Sadness or Pluto - we'll see what the lines are looking like!
10:30 a.m. - FP+ for Spaceship Earth (window 10:25 - 11:25)
11:00 a.m. - Pick up stuff for Agent P's Adventure and play in Mexico
11:30 a.m. - Lunch at La Cantina
12:00 p.m. - FP+ for Frozen Ever After
12:30 p.m. - Check out World Showcase, Play Agent P
2:30 p.m. - Ice Cream in France (it's our tradition!)
3:30 p.m. - Take a break and go back to POFQ, go for a swim, have dinner at POFQ
7:00 p.m. - Return to Epcot
8:00 p.m. - Soarin
9:00 p.m. - Illuminations
9:30 p.m. - Depart for POFQ

Thursday, October 20th - Disney Springs and Hollywood Studios

Hang out at the resort after we wake up, maybe go for a swim, etc.
10:00 a.m. - Take boat to Disney Springs
12:00 p.m. - Lunch at Rainforest Cafe (I know...so many better places to eat, but it's DD's favorite place)
1:30 p.m. - Bus to Hollywood Studios
2:40 p.m. - FP+ for Tower of Terror (window 1:55 - 2:55)
3:00 p.m. - FP+ for Rock-n-Roller Coaster (window 3:00 - 4:00)
3:30 p.m. - Check out Star Wars Launch Bay
4:30 p.m. - Muppets or TSMM, or whatever else DD wants to do
5:35 p.m. - FP+ for Star Tours (window 4:35 - 5:35)
6:00 p.m. - Dinner at ABC Commissary
6:45 p.m. - Do whatever we feel like (meet characters, ride a ride, etc.)
7:00 p.m. - Grab an ice cream and find a spot for Star Wars Fireworks (depending on time it's scheduled...whenever they release that!)

Friday, October 21st - Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP

6:45 a.m. - Catch bus to Magic Kingdom
7:40 a.m. - Magic Kingdom Welcome Show
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 - (in this order) - Peter Pan, It's a Small World, Carousel, Winnie the Pooh, Tea Cups, Dumbo, Barnstormer, whatever we have time for in tomorrowland
11:00 a.m. - Lunch at the Plaza
12:00 p.m. - Return to POFQ to relax, swim, change into Halloween Costumes
3:00 p.m. - Catch bus back to MK
4:00 p.m. - Pick up Party SotMK Card
4:15 p.m. - FP+ for Splash Mountain (window 3:15 - 4:15)
5:00 p.m. - FP+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (window 4:25 - 5:25)
5:30 p.m. - Dinner at Pinocchio's or Columbia Harbor House
6:30 p.m. - FP+ for Haunted Mansion (window 6:00 - 7:00)
7:00 p.m. - Ride rides, trick or treat, meet characters (specific plan for this time will be made after the party brochure is available!)
8:30 p.m. - Tomorrowland Dance Party
9:20 p.m. - Get spot for Hallowishes (we watch in the old FP+ viewing area...it was a perfect spot last year)
10:00 p.m. - Hallowishes
10:45 p.m. - Get spot for Boo to You Parade (at turn in Liberty Square)
11:45 p.m. - Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
12:00 a.m. - Catch last castle show on the way out (take path that goes past Merida's meet and greet and down toward castle by Tomorrowland bridge)

@IowaTater Yeah - I saw this article over on the rumors and news thread...I'm hoping he's just going by the currently posted hours and Disney will at some point extend the AK hours for October. They just extended September's hours within the last week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!! There are other rumors floating around that Rivers of Light is close to being ready, but with what happened in the spring where they announced it and then it wasn't ready to go, I don't think we'll know for sure whether or not it's ready until they are 125% sure it's going to be a go!

Thanks! We are really excited to try AKL and POFQ! The countdown stuff is a lot of fun because it helps pass the time! Tomorrow is our 60 days out so - booking FP in the morning...she also has a letter coming from the headless horseman in the morning. I will try and remember to post a picture of that!

Omg, that's such a great idea! The headless horseman is my favorite part of the MNSSHP parade!

BUSY MORNING! FP+, Online Check-in, 3rd Grade Teacher Posted

It was a busy morning in our household! Got up early to make sure the dog got her walk in before 7 a.m. when our FP+ booking window opened up! Did online check-in for the first part of our stay, and we found out this morning who DD's third grade teacher would be. This never happens, but all three things went well! We were able to get all of the FP+ times that we wanted! Over a 7-day trip, I thought that was great! For our online check in at AKL, we requested near the lobby and Sunset Savannah View. DD was really hoping for a specific 3rd grade teacher (and to be on the 2nd floor of her school because two 3rd grade classrooms are on the 2nd floor with the 4th and 5th graders and one is on the first floor with the 1st and 2nd graders...big things in the eyes of an 8 year old lol...) and she is in the class she was hoping for. We've been talking about how 3rd grade would be great no matter which teacher she got, but this definitely made her day :)

I'm going to update our itinerary this morning with our FP+ info and will post the update soon!

Yay! That's awesome that you got all the FP+ times you wanted! And that your DD got the class/teacher she wanted! :thumbsup2

"FINAL" ITINERARY PART 1 - Days 1-4 -- well...until Disney gets their act together with the October hours and entertainment schedule...still hoping for Star Wars Fireworks to be extended (probably will be) and for Rivers of Light to open (crossing our fingers!).

I totally cracked up laughing at this because I've been thinking the same thing!!! :rotfl2: We arrive on Oct 22nd, and I'm coming up on my own FP+ day and half of my itinerary is still up in the air while I wait for the schedule to come out.

I've accepted RoL not being ready (but secretly hoping it will be!), but I will be way bummed if the Star Wars fireworks aren't showing while we're there. :sad:

Your itinerary looks awesome! You guys are gonna have a blast! :banana:

Can't wait for more! :goodvibes

Yay! That's awesome that you got all the FP+ times you wanted! And that your DD got the class/teacher she wanted! :thumbsup2

I couldn't believe we got everything we wanted at the times we wanted, that never happens! DD getting the teacher she did is so great - they do something called "small school" a few times a month where it's a smaller group across all grade levels with one teacher and they talk about the school values (respect, citizenship, etc.) and the teacher she got for 3rd grade has been her small school teacher since Kindergarten...she's really, really shy, so it will be great that she already knows her!

I totally cracked up laughing at this because I've been thinking the same thing!!! :rotfl2: We arrive on Oct 22nd, and I'm coming up on my own FP+ day and half of my itinerary is still up in the air while I wait for the schedule to come out.

I've accepted RoL not being ready (but secretly hoping it will be!), but I will be way bummed if the Star Wars fireworks aren't showing while we're there. :sad:

Your itinerary looks awesome! You guys are gonna have a blast! :banana:

Can't wait for more! :goodvibes

Yes! I'm really hoping for RoL! They put in a whole new launch site for the star wars fireworks, so I'm guessing that will definitely run. I also have a feeling they will at least extend the AK hours a little later than what they are now - they had to have put a lot of money into getting the tree of life projections going, so I would think they want the awakenings to be a regular thing -- watch them decide to only do later closing a a few nights a week...and watch it not be on our planned AK day!

@IowaTater Yeah - I saw this article over on the rumors and news thread...I'm hoping he's just going by the currently posted hours and Disney will at some point extend the AK hours for October. They just extended September's hours within the last week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!! There are other rumors floating around that Rivers of Light is close to being ready, but with what happened in the spring where they announced it and then it wasn't ready to go, I don't think we'll know for sure whether or not it's ready until they are 125% sure it's going to be a go!

It's messing with my planning, man!!! lol I think I would be okay with it not being ready in October. DH and I are talking about using that extra time to head over to Disney Springs for a few hours.

Love the Headless Horseman letter!

It's messing with my planning, man!!! lol I think I would be okay with it not being ready in October. DH and I are talking about using that extra time to head over to Disney Springs for a few hours.

Love the Headless Horseman letter!

Right! I just need to know so I can finalize stuff...ugg... Thanks about the Headless Horseman letter! There's another one coming soon from the Queen of Hearts :)

Costume Update!!! I wasn't happy with the Mulan costume because the skirt was a little see-through...and would be every more see-through after a trip on Splash Mountain! I was able to put together this Ariel costume pretty cheaply on Amazon - more comfortable too!

As promised...here's the note and decorations from the headless horseman!

I'm seriously in love with this! You win for mother of the year!

I'll be there a little bit before you, but was alllllllso hoping Rivers of Light was going to be going on! So bummed!

I'm seriously in love with this! You win for mother of the year!

I'll be there a little bit before you, but was alllllllso hoping Rivers of Light was going to be going on! So bummed!

Thanks! Stay tuned next week Captain Hook is paying a visit :)

I'm so bummed about ROL as well! I'm still holding on to a little bit of hope, but it's looking less and less likely as the days go by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter