~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

Even if the bill amount and salary amount aren't real I find it interesting to see the amount you use on grocery and gas. The prices are so different from Norway.

I can imagine that doing your Taxes is a pain. Doing my own taxes aren't that bad but Ulf struggle every year doing his Norwegian taxes because he always has to call Sweden and get them to mail some papers he need and every single year Sweden send him the wrong papers at least once so he has to call back to get the right papers. Some years they have sent him the wrong papers 3 times before they finally got it right.

How great that you didn't purchase anything while at the mall with Allison.
In Norway the price on gas drops every Sunday around 6PM and doesn't go up until lunch time on Monday. On Thursday morning they also lower the price until lunch time. I always fill gas on my car on Sundays after 6PM to get the gas as cheap as possible. I'm never out driving in the morning so it's not suitable for me to fill gas on Mondays or Thursdays when the prices are also low.

How annoying that the mechanic hasn't looked at your car yet. Sounds like it was a good idea to get Josh go and talk to the mechanic so he starts on the car. Crossing my fingers that it won't be that bad news on Tuesday.

I hope V gets home safely from camp today.

We were very lucky with the weather last night when the fireworks went up in the air. And it was a very good thing that it wasn't sent up from the top of the mountain because we barely saw the top of the mountain and we wouldn't have seen the fireworks because of a lot of clouds above the mountains. But since the fireworks was shot from near the water the fire works didn't reach up to the clouds so we could see every single firework. It was great. I found a video from the fireworks taken almost with the same view as my parents has from their house. If you want to see it you can find it here

Today my grandmother had "Soldagen" party for the family (A party to celebrate that the sun is back). My grandmother, aunt (my fathers sister), one of my grandmothers sisters and her grown up daughter, my parents, Ulf and I was at the party. This party is a tradition and my grandmother always serves rolls with smoked salmon and egg, ham rolls and some other toppings. This because the party always starts at noon in the hope that we will see the sun so this is peoples lunch. She also serves hot chocolate with cream on top, cinnamon buns and buns that are made the same way doughnuts are made with sugar all around the buns. Everything is home made and it's really good. We didn't see the sun today because of a lot of clouds outside. But we had a good time.

I bet it's very different in Norway! I'd love to know what you pay for the same items.... If you're willing to share, of course. :)

Yes - I definitely don't enjoy doing my taxes - ahhh, but it must be done. Hopefully Ulf's taxes aren't such a struggle this year.

It's very smart that you buy gas when it's cheaper... Here, there is no such thing - the gas goes up and down several times per day and there is no rhyme or reason to it... Which can get annoying.

Yes - we are just hoping for reasonable news. LOL

V did make it home safely - so all is good in our world. :lovestruc

The fireworks were amazing! It looks like you can be anywhere in Tromso (Can't get the accents on that, LOL) and have a spectacular view! How neat - thanks for sharing!

And the meal at your Grandmother's house sounds amazing too!!! Nothing better than home made! Glad to hear that you had a great time! :)

Good morning D! Love the update. The SM sweatshirt is the best ever. So sweet of V to get it for you. I love, love, love the Then and Now photos.

So, is LeFrou's Brew and Butterbeer similar?

Love the PP pictures; what great memories; I know you worked hard for your borders!

Have a wonderful Sunday! It is crazy windy here today but I need to go the store. Meal planning for the week!

Hugs!

Yah - it was such a sweet gift... Both of us love it!

Not really.... LeFrou's Brew has more of an apple taste to it and Butterbeer is more butterschotchy/creamy. ::yes:: Totally different IMO - just the color is the same.

Thanks! LOL Yes - I hate doing the borders... But I love having the pictures forever!

Thanks - same to you!!! I hope you'll share your meal plan either here or on FB - I'd love to see and get ideas from others. :)

Have a great week Carol! :lovestruc

I love the trip updates! And the "then and now" pictures are fabulous. The girls are so cute.

So sorry Josh's vehicle is taking so long. My fingers are crossed that the estimate for the work isn't too bad and that it will be able to be done quickly.

Your budget spreadsheet is phenomenal. I really do need to get over my budgeting phobia. I really do. It's awful.

I was off work on Friday because of the inauguration but there was no way in the world I was heading into DC. No way! Brie was out of school so we enjoyed a lazy morning and then a lunch date together. We don't get to do that often and it was really nice to spend time with her, enjoying a nice lunch, and just being together. After that she came home to work on homework and I went shopping at Michael's and Hobby Lobby to pick up some things for Alyssa's wedding. I also got the containers for the centerpieces ordered. Things are coming together... That evening I was on my own at home because she had plans with friends and Mark had to coach a game, so I spent a lazy evening reading in front of the fire. I started reading the Poldark series -- we shall see. I finished the biographies of Queen Mary and Queen Victoria recently and decided, after two heavy biographies, that I wanted something a little more fun to read. I tend to go in spurts with my reading -- I'll get caught up in biographies and read those insatiably, and then burn out and switch over to something fiction (Jane Austen is my favorite), and then switch over to something else, etc., and then the circle starts back up. I'm apparently just coming out of my biography phase. :-) I love the read. Neither of my girls really enjoys reading, which I can't understand. Reading is one of my favorite things to do!

Saturday I had my volunteer shift for church so that took up most of the day, and then we had an extra church meeting that night...then church today, and company for dinner tonight so I spent this afternoon preparing dinner. It was even a W30 compliant meal -- a one pan rosemary chicken with red potatoes and green beans (although we grilled the chicken instead of doing one pan) -- so tasty and also quick and easy, which is nice.

I hope you have a great week!

Thanks! I love doing Then n' Nows... It's so fun to see their memories grow.

Thanks!!! I am sure everyone is sick of hearing about the truck - LOL... Probably as sick as we are of having 1 less vehicle to drive. LOL

I love budgeting... To me - it's very empowering. I find, if I don't track our $$, I become very insecure in my daily life and I don't sleep well. I highly recommend reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover... And if you are interested - I will see if I can figure out how to make a truly blank copy of our Excel spreadsheet - it really does help. ::yes::

Glad to hear that you had a good day off... And that things are coming together for the wedding! :woohoo: Awesome stuff!!!

I go in and out of reading a lot... Sometimes I find that I can sink into a book and just ignore the world. Other times - I cannot read at all and I don't have the patience for it... It's been a LONG time since I've been able to get engrossed in a book or a series - so I am taking advantage of it. LOL And it's helping me two fold... It keeps me out of the kitchen and from snacking... and it keeps me from spending money out of boredom. ::yes::

It sounds like you had a busy, but enjoyable weekend! :) And WTG on hosting a W30 compliant meal! :woohoo: That's awesome!

Have a great week!!! :lovestruc

HI D! I have been reading all along, but for one reason or the other, I haven't gotten to comment. Either little fingers keep making their way onto the keyboard, or The Dis keeps reloading. Anyway, I am here! I love the MK day update. All the PP pics are so fun! I love that V bought you that sweatshirt- what a sweet girl! The crowds looked to be pretty low for your morning, so that is good.

I really hope you get some good news about your truck soon. Your budget is so well thought out! My DH does our budget, and I am grateful because it's not my thing at all. I am glad you feel encouraged about your healthy lifestyle right now. I agree that this time of year is when most people are "gung-ho" about it & then fall off as spring comes around. We are on Day 22 of our Whole30. I am in absolute awe that I have made it this long. I know not every meal has been a perfect template, but everything I've had has been compliant. I can't really tell a big difference in the way my clothes fit or anything, but I am anxious to see if I have lost any weight.

I really hope you decide to do a PTR for your maybe January trip!

No worries!!! I love seeing everyone when they have a moment to say hi. :)

THanks - me too - I really hope that we have a price sometime today... Then I maybe I'll sleep better at night? :scratchin

Both Josh and I do our budget... However - I am much more "into" it than he is... Because of how I grew up - I am VERY comforted by having a good savings account... Josh grew up differently and he is much more comforted by having a credit card in his hand... It gets tough to have a happy medium sometimes, but over all we do well financially.

WOOOHOOO!!!! Day 22 - that is sooooo awesome!!! I am very proud of you!!! You've soooo GOT THIS! :woohoo: The first time I did the W30, I lost 7lbs in 60 days... I started it (officially) on December 28, 2014... However, I spent the entire month of December that year eating entirely compliant (with exception to Christmas Eve and Day), and I ended it on Jan 28, 2015... I was quite disappointed in only a 7lb loss over 60 days... However, looking back now over my spreadsheets and photos of myself... The end of that W30 was my lowest recorded weight ever as an adult, and my photos were very nice... So, my disappointment pretty much sabotaged me. I highly encourage you to remember that there are other factors involved here, how you feel, what you've learned... Not just how much you weigh. As I don't want this experience to be a disappointment and turn you back the way you came like it did to me. :hug: Towards the end of your W30, try to prepare yourself mentally for this part, and REALLY focus (and take note) on the other things too. :lovestruc

*******************************************************************************************************

Hmmm... Yesterday... Let's see...

I made our menu for the next 3 weeks (So, the menus I grocery shop from)... However, Josh grilled yesterday - so my first 2 days of this week's menu already have to be edited so we eat those leftovers first. LOL It's a constant game LOL.

And then I sat my behind on the couch all day reading... Taking a break only to go pick V up from church and to make potatoes for supper. LOL It was a nice lazy day! ::yes::

Today... I will work out here shortly...

Then I will be working upstairs all day...

I may try to take a nap later, as I have slept terribly the last 3 nights.

I hope you all have a great Monday!!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Thanks in part to your inspiration, I went and picked up the 30 day shred DVD yesterday and started a grocery list to get on better track with my eating starting TODAY! We have a polar plunge, 4 weddings (one on the beach!) and a 1st Communion to prepare for, so with all those pictures being taken, I want to look and FEEL better!!

Yesterday, I finally took down my Christmas decorations :) We haven't accomplished that before mid-February in a few years, so this is a huge deal :flower1:

Hope you finally get some car answers today!!!

AND, I love the Then and Now pics from your updates. TOO cute!! I only took one of Jimmy this trip and now I can't for the life of me find the original one, so I am on the hunt! I need to get better about doing these with him on our trips because he's already getting so BIG!

My Sundays are pretty much spent with cookbooks and making shopping lists and menus. I need to find a few staple meals. That way my shopping lists will be the same and I can reuse them. I did pretty good. I came in $29 under budget (I budget $100 per week, just in case you were wondering). So, now I don't feel so bad with going to see Hidden Figures (matinee price is $4.50). I really liked it.

I couldn't take my weight anymore. Last year, I tried and I was trying to get to a certain point and ended up 20 pounds heavier. So, on Friday, I went down to local Weight Watchers office and signed up. I think I need that face to face accountability (besides my mother). On fb I have been sharing my lunch prep photos. I had joined a lunch prep challenge and people were saying they were losing weight but I was gaining. So, I entered last week's lunch recipes into the Weight Watchers recipe builder. Last week's lunch was 50 points. My daily allowance is 30. It was all supposedly healthy food, but together, it was a disaster. So, I am glad I have direction.

Plus, I have figured out my budget until October 2017 (not 2019) and I have put in Disney savings with certain deadlines (such as buy airfare by April 1 and pay off package 45 days) and it is doable. I am hoping to book soon (at least 180 days before so I can book dining). It will be an end of August trip. Sort of celebrating Marissa coming home in August. It is hard having her so far away. She has finals and tons of projects this week, so I hadn't heard much from her this past weekend. Plus, she has to move this week, so she is stressed about that.

Hope you have a good week.

Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday.

Here is an attempt on my budget. All the amounts are per month. The Doctor / Medicine cost is for medicine and doctor appointments that the government covers after you have paid $263 a year. So when January comes it's time to pay for this medicine again until around May when I have payed $263 then I get the medicine and doctor appointments for free for the rest of that calendar year. The same thing goes for Physiotherapy which I have to pay $238 and then it's free for the rest of the year.

The post I have called Medicine are medication that the government doesn't cover and I have to pay it all my self.

Groceries $358
Gas $119
Car tax $ 35
Insurance car $ 49
Medicine $ 33
Doctor/Medicine $ 22
Physical therapy $ 20
Therapy riding $ 70
Saving $119
Saving mechanic bill $155
Birthday gifts $119
Christmas gifts $238 Total amount each year since I only buy Christmas gifts once a year

Total each month $1337

I can't believe you've not heard anything about the truck!! I was way far behind, and finally got caught up during my lunch break today. This truck saga has been going on since last time I was behind and had to catch up!

I love that sweatshirt! I actually have it, but I don't wear it often because me+white+clumsy=stains. That was so sweet of her to buy that for you!

We also picked V up an hour early from school - she had a rough day yesterday... It was blood drive day at school, and since she is over 16, she can give blood... Poor kid - both girls were blessed with my veins - which are terrible... V was poked 4 different times - each time (as usual) her veins rolled, so they moved the needle around in her arm trying to chase the veins... It's quite painful when they do this... :( Anyways - they finally found a vein, and then V was only able to give a half of a bag of blood... Since it wasn't a full bag - they threw it all out... So all of that for nothing. She was so upset - I can't say I blame her - it would have been one thing to suffer for a good outcome - knowing she was being useful and helping someone... but to go through all of that, only to have them throw it away. :( By the time I picked her up from school - her arm was swollen and starting to bruise. A reminder to myself, to remind my girls how much they suffer when they give blood - so they can decide if it's worth it to them. :(

I feel your pain. I have horrible veins too. I donated blood for the first time my senior year 3 days before prom. The veins at elbows 1) run ACROSS my inner arm instead of up it and 2) the ones you can see, you can't hit and the ones you can't see are the best ones. The first arm, they blew out the vein by wiggling the needle. The second arm, they ended up sticking me twice and then like V, they only got a partial bag. I continued to donate blood over the years and I can say my veins have gotten better but if I get someone who won't listen to me or if I don't prep for it by squeezing my hands hard several times, it's miserable.

We veered off to do our standard Photopass pictures up Main Street in an "empty park"... Or in this case, not so empty.

5F28CEC3-8DB9-43A4-BBD2-1AB4191BE317.jpg

LMAO! That kid in the background!!! I'm dying!!!

I keep very little buffer in our working accounts (usually $10 or less) - and all of our savings accounts are at separate banks from our working accounts - so, if someone was to get our info - we wouldn't lose everything. I know, I am weird. ::yes::

Nope, not weird at all. My FIL, who worked in accounting all his life, does the exact same thing. I've actually been thinking about doing the same thing, once I'm back to working.

It's so nice of V to buy that sweatshirt for you. It's super cute!

I'm glad you're doing so well eating. The end of the year was really bad for me too & because of that my weight, blood pressure, and A1C went back up. I'm (slowly) getting back on track.

I didn't make any resolutions either but I've been purging like you. As you know, I have a lot of free time right now so last week I cleaned out the kitchen & purged a lot of things. We still have to go through all of our cups & get rid of a bunch of them but I have to wait until DH can help me. He wouldn't be too happy if I accidently donated his favorites. :) "Deep cleaning" definitely makes you feel good though.

Joining in super late but I just had to say that that picture of your daughter chasing Stich through 'Ohana is...well...a stitch! What a fun memory! We were at WDW the same time as you (October 16-24) and then at Universal for three more days after that. Wasn't the weather perfectly gorgeous? I couldn't believe how lucky we were. Looking forward to the rest of your report :)

Thanks in part to your inspiration, I went and picked up the 30 day shred DVD yesterday and started a grocery list to get on better track with my eating starting TODAY! We have a polar plunge, 4 weddings (one on the beach!) and a 1st Communion to prepare for, so with all those pictures being taken, I want to look and FEEL better!!

Yesterday, I finally took down my Christmas decorations We haven't accomplished that before mid-February in a few years, so this is a huge deal

Hope you finally get some car answers today!!!

AND, I love the Then and Now pics from your updates. TOO cute!! I only took one of Jimmy this trip and now I can't for the life of me find the original one, so I am on the hunt! I need to get better about doing these with him on our trips because he's already getting so BIG!

Hi Jackie!! Ahhh - good luck with the 30DS, it's a killer work out!!! I always give myself a reality check when re-start it and ask "what were you thinking?" LOL IMO - Level 1 is the hardest of the levels, I am not sure if it's because they build you up to Level 3, so by the time you get there - you have a pretty good base? Or if it's truly easier? I used to do it as 10 days on L1, 10 days L2 and so on... But now, when I do it... I do L1 on Mon, L2 on Wed, L3 on Fri and I do it for about 4-5 weeks. I am anxious to hear how you like it! :woohoo:

That is HUGE! Congrats!!! I guarantee that our Christmas decor would have still been up had Allison not taken the ornaments off of the tree for me. It's kind of nice to have your house back to "normal" though, isn't it?

We did!!! I'll post below!

I love doing Then N' Nows - it's so fun to see them grow and change - yet Disney stays (mostly) the same. :lovetruc

My Sundays are pretty much spent with cookbooks and making shopping lists and menus. I need to find a few staple meals. That way my shopping lists will be the same and I can reuse them. I did pretty good. I came in $29 under budget (I budget $100 per week, just in case you were wondering). So, now I don't feel so bad with going to see Hidden Figures (matinee price is $4.50). I really liked it.

I couldn't take my weight anymore. Last year, I tried and I was trying to get to a certain point and ended up 20 pounds heavier. So, on Friday, I went down to local Weight Watchers office and signed up. I think I need that face to face accountability (besides my mother). On fb I have been sharing my lunch prep photos. I had joined a lunch prep challenge and people were saying they were losing weight but I was gaining. So, I entered last week's lunch recipes into the Weight Watchers recipe builder. Last week's lunch was 50 points. My daily allowance is 30. It was all supposedly healthy food, but together, it was a disaster. So, I am glad I have direction.

Plus, I have figured out my budget until October 2017 (not 2019) and I have put in Disney savings with certain deadlines (such as buy airfare by April 1 and pay off package 45 days) and it is doable. I am hoping to book soon (at least 180 days before so I can book dining). It will be an end of August trip. Sort of celebrating Marissa coming home in August. It is hard having her so far away. She has finals and tons of projects this week, so I hadn't heard much from her this past weekend. Plus, she has to move this week, so she is stressed about that.

Hope you have a good week.

Yes - I've been trying so hard to do this too! We have a lot of staple meals - and they change for the time of year too... We have summer meals (hamburgers, bratwurst... Grill items...) and then a lot of winter meals (hot dishes, soups, crock pot meals...), but when I sit down to do menus - I'll be darned if I can remember any of them! :scratchin

That is awesome that you came in under budget... Right now you are feeding 3 - correct? Or is it 4? I know Marissa isn't there... So - that is a decent budget, IMO. I budget $175 for food and then $40 house stuff like laundry detergent/TP - technically it all goes into one budget because I shop for them all at the same time, so I am not sure why I truly have them separated out? LOL

I've heard good things about that movie and I really, really want to see it! Maybe this weekend - Josh and I will treat ourselves? It's been a tough month for us... ::yes::

I feel your pain, my friend - it's such a struggle isn't it??? I found the same thing back in October when I finally (FINALLY) got fed up and I started weighing my portions again... YIKES - by eye balling it, it was eating double what I thought I was... No wonder I wasn't losing? Good for you for knowing what works and attacking it. I am proud of you for that! ::yes:: Keep it up!

Good for you on figuring your Disney budget out! That is awesome! :woohoo: There is nothing better than taking a trip and paying cash for it! It sounds like you are right on track!!!

Sending hugs to all of you - especially Marissa... I can only imagine how stressful this week is for all of you! :hug:

Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday.

Here is an attempt on my budget. All the amounts are per month. The Doctor / Medicine cost is for medicine and doctor appointments that the government covers after you have paid $263 a year. So when January comes it's time to pay for this medicine again until around May when I have payed $263 then I get the medicine and doctor appointments for free for the rest of that calendar year. The same thing goes for Physiotherapy which I have to pay $238 and then it's free for the rest of the year.

The post I have called Medicine are medication that the government doesn't cover and I have to pay it all my self.

Groceries $358
Gas $119
Car tax $ 35
Insurance car $ 49
Medicine $ 33
Doctor/Medicine $ 22
Physical therapy $ 20
Therapy riding $ 70
Saving $119
Saving mechanic bill $155
Birthday gifts $119
Christmas gifts $238 Total amount each year since I only buy Christmas gifts once a year

Total each month $1337

I loved seeing your budget Lillian - especially to see costs over seas vs. here... I am surprised at how similar most of the prices are... I know that gas is much more expensive over there... But everything else looks comparative - ahh, except for groceries too, considering you are feeding 1 or 2 and we pay the same for 4. I also love seeing how your medial insurance works... I know that BMTL just get free medical insurance and they pay nothing ever for care in any country - which makes me super jealous, as I feel that is how it should be... Us - on the other hand - pay a boat load for medical insurance... Plus we have co-pays which we have to pay for each visit... However, our co-pays are quite reasonable, so I won't complain... Allison has an ointment that she has to have for her posoriasis, a tube of that (smaller than the average toothpaste size) is almost $600 (ridiculous!), our insurance covers most of that, and we pay $60 for it... Thankfully she only needs a new tube approx 2x per year... I find it so interesting to see how each country does it. Thanks for sharing - I know it's incredibly personal. :lovestruc

I can't believe you've not heard anything about the truck!! I was way far behind, and finally got caught up during my lunch break today. This truck saga has been going on since last time I was behind and had to catch up!

I love that sweatshirt! I actually have it, but I don't wear it often because me+white+clumsy=stains. That was so sweet of her to buy that for you!

I know - it took forever! We did finally hear yesterday - so I'll update that below. :)

Thanks!! I know - right? Same here... The last time I wore it was to my Dad's... we ate at a Mexican restaurant, and I dropped my chip with salsa - splattered all over the front of that sweatshirt... I was soooooo upset! Thankfully I bleached it and it came out, but I was so worried that it wouldn't. I try to only wear it when I know I can be a little bit clean. LOL

I feel your pain. I have horrible veins too. I donated blood for the first time my senior year 3 days before prom. The veins at elbows 1) run ACROSS my inner arm instead of up it and 2) the ones you can see, you can't hit and the ones you can't see are the best ones. The first arm, they blew out the vein by wiggling the needle. The second arm, they ended up sticking me twice and then like V, they only got a partial bag. I continued to donate blood over the years and I can say my veins have gotten better but if I get someone who won't listen to me or if I don't prep for it by squeezing my hands hard several times, it's miserable.

LMAO! That kid in the background!!! I'm dying!!!

Nope, not weird at all. My FIL, who worked in accounting all his life, does the exact same thing. I've actually been thinking about doing the same thing, once I'm back to working.

It's so nice of V to buy that sweatshirt for you. It's super cute!

I'm glad you're doing so well eating. The end of the year was really bad for me too & because of that my weight, blood pressure, and A1C went back up. I'm (slowly) getting back on track.

I didn't make any resolutions either but I've been purging like you. As you know, I have a lot of free time right now so last week I cleaned out the kitchen & purged a lot of things. We still have to go through all of our cups & get rid of a bunch of them but I have to wait until DH can help me. He wouldn't be too happy if I accidently donated his favorites. "Deep cleaning" definitely makes you feel good though.

Yikes!!! That sounds terrible! I'll take comfort in the fact that my girls and I aren't the only ones who suffer. ::yes::

Hahaha! I didn't even notice that kid until you said something! LOL

Good - I am glad that I am not too weird... I honestly think it's kind of smart... ::yes::

Thank you - it's one of my favorites!

Glad to hear that you are slowly getting back on track - it's so hard!

I think I missed something (or forgot - I have a TERRIBLE memory!) - I even went to your FB page and I couldn't see anything that jogged my memory - so I am a bit embarrassed that I have to ask... What did I miss??? Why are you having so much free time now?

I agree - I love purging, however it's an overwhelming task sometimes, and hard for me to get started. Once I start though - I do well. ::yes:: Sounds like you are having fun with it too? ::yes::

Joining in super late but I just had to say that that picture of your daughter chasing Stich through 'Ohana is...well...a stitch! What a fun memory! We were at WDW the same time as you (October 16-24) and then at Universal for three more days after that. Wasn't the weather perfectly gorgeous? I couldn't believe how lucky we were. Looking forward to the rest of your report

Welcome!!! :woohoo: No one is ever "late" here! ::yes::

Thanks - that was the experience of a lifetime! One, I am sure, she will talk about forever - me too! ::yes::

I know - the weather that week was glorious! Considering the week before was the hurricane... I was happy and shocked that the weather was so perfect! I love going during that time of year... Not overly hot and mostly dry. ::yes::

Thanks! Glad to have you on board! :lovestruc

********************************************************************************************************

Well - first things first - I know you all have been hanging on the edge of your seats to hear about the truck... Either because you are sick of me talking about it - LOL - or you are genuinely curious.... Regardless - we finally received news yesterday. As you know - both Josh and I cut back on any and all excess spending just before Christmas, and went into full on saving mode, in preparation for this bill... Josh also stopped driving the truck completely, as we didn't know what was wrong with it and we didn't want to make the problem potentially worse. Josh did some research on his own, and we suspected it was his catalytic converters (yes, he has 2 on his truck - ugh!) - but it took the mechanic until yesterday to put the truck up on the lift and run the diagnostic test he needed to run to determine if this was actually the problem. Also - in Josh's research - he discovered that catalytic converters for his truck run approx $600 each, we knew - if this was the problem - the cost to fix it would be about $2k... So, on one hand we were bracing for that number, but on the other hand - we were praying that it wasn't something much worse. Anyways - the verdict is that it was the catalytic converters... I have not seen the invoice yet - but I do suspect that the mechanic gave us a great discount (likely because it's taken so long to get to it), out the door price he quoted us last night was $1219. Thank the Lord!!! :woohoo: It's hard to be thankful when you hear a number like that - but we are. ::yes:: As we won't have a problem paying for that - it does take a bite out of our savings, and it could have been much worse! So - it looks like we will have the truck back by the end of the week. :woohoo: What a relief!

So - as an extension of that... I still plan to stay home a bit more often in an effort to work harder and save some $$... As I've kind of enjoyed this challenge and I'd like to see how much I can accomplish. ::yes:: I really want to pay off some of our debt this year!

Yesterday morning, I worked out...

And then I worked upstairs all day... I accomplished a lot more than I expected to - which is always good.

We were all lazy last night - as usual - and it was nice. :)

Today - it's my new weigh-in day... This is a new thing I am trying, maybe it will help me stay motivated for long enough to make some good progress... As you all know - I detest the scale... So, we'll see?

It's also heavy lifting day...

Then I will work most of the day.

I have a hair appointment tonight... It's as cheap as possible, with it just being a root touch up this time - no cut or anything. So, I have to run to town this afternoon to grab cash for my stylist. For the first time in a long time - I will be picking V up from school and likely getting Starbucks. I must be careful with this - as I don't want to fall back into old habits. ::yes::

I have a good dinner planned tonight - thanks to Josh for filling the smoker on Sunday... Bacon wrapped meatloaf - my favorite! :woohoo: I am looking forward to that. :)

And that's all - I hope you have a great day!!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Glad the truck is less than you thought.

I'm impressed that V was able to get the AP discount on the sweatshirt. One of my girls had an issue using her AP discount becaus she didn't have id. She was probably 9. I just realized how long it has been since we have been to a WDW park, December 2015 and that was only a few days.

Friends tried to get us to join them at beaches Ocho Rios. We priced it out, and I said to DH for that money we can do a Disney and universal. So hopefully we will start planning a trip.

I'm taking Dani to a specially curly hair salon today for a haircut. I'm figuring on also buying her some products for her hair there. I'm so sick of her being upset every morning that her hair is awful and too big. Or being happy when she leaves in the morning then getting upset as it poofs up/out.

Sounds like having the car at the mechanic costs the same in Norway and USA.
I'm glad to hear the diagnosis on the car was what you expected. At least it won't be more expensive than you thought. It is a lot of money. I don't mean it isn't. I'm just glad it wasn't something costing you much more to fix.

Bacon wrapped meatloaf sounds delicious. Meatloaf is one of my favorite foods.

One of my sister live in the UK and there they don't pay for medical stuff at all. There are many ways of solving these kind of services.

Today I hadn't anything planned for the day. I experience that if I'm inside all day doing nothing (well sitting in front of the computer for the most part), I get a head ache. So I try to go outside every day. I decided to go out to find a geocache. Well that is easier said than done because there is a lot of snow outside and they have to put the snow that they clear away from the roads somewhere. So the snow gets piled up beside the roads, on parking spaces and places like that which also are good places to hide a geocache except during winter. Ulf and I went out with the car and had two geocaches on our list we wanted to try to find. Both caches said they were available in winter. The first cache we came to was not available because of a 16 feet of snow that they have moved there to clear the rest of the parking space. We tried another caches not far from the road. But they hadn't moved the snow from the road that leads down to the boathouse where the cache is located. So we didn't bother to try and fin that one. We ended up driving back home to me. At least I got out of the house for an hour :)

Loved the updates - especially the then and now's! Good news on the truck! Since you were bracing for $2,000, it almost makes $1,200 seem not so bad. I hate car repairs - they usually pop up without warning. Thanks for sharing your budget spreadsheet. I'm not that sophisticated with mine but follow the same principle of having several accounts earmarked for different things - taxes/insurance, travel, Christmas, emergency fund etc. and only keep spendable money for groceries, gas, eating out in the checking account. I think each family comes up with a method that works for them. I find it comforting to know how much I can actually spend that pay period and adjust accordingly :-) I just booked POFQ for early December - exciting! Hoping one day to see you've started a PTR for January :flower1:

I think that's good news on the truck. At least you have the money saved and don't have to charge or borrow from something else. I told you we don't really have a budget. We also have our house paid for so the only time I really have to have money saved is when the real estate taxes come due. And since we have cabin taxes due at the same time I do have to plan for that.

We are staying off site. We've done that for years. We usually went with my daughter's family and it made it so much cheaper when we started renting a house. For a few years we stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resort in a 3 bedroom suite. We did like it and they had a pirate ship pool. But it was a walk to the pool depending on what building you were in. Then one year a friend recommended Windsor Hills and from then on we were hooked on renting a house. Now that we are retired and stay for 3 weeks we need a house. We spend a lot of time there and I just love having my own pool and hot tub. It's also nice to have a kitchen.

We've really been enjoying the warm weather. We went out Sunday for my husband's birthday and it was so nice I wore a light jacket and didn't even zip it. Usually though we are so anxious to get out of the cold, LOL. The weather in Florida is warming up for our trip. Last week Accuweather showed 60's for the first 10 days. Now it's only 3 days and then it's 70's the rest of the time. To me that's perfect! And it looks like the snow should be over by Thursday so driving should be good. I did see a picture on the fb group I'm in of a family standing in water that was over their ankles. They were in Epcot going to world showcase. I guess they really had some rain this weekend.

Thanks for the bacon meatloaf idea. I'm going to try putting bacon on my meatloaf the next time. It sounds delicious and I'm sure my meat loving husband will love it. He always tells me I should make it more often. Meat and a salad is our usual dinner. While I was raised on casseroles in our family of 7, he usually had meat and potatoes.

I hope you do a pre-trip report for next year so I can follow along, even though we're not going next year.

Popping in at lunch time D - so glad the truck repairs were not as bad as feared. Hopefully, this will fix it for a while. I think DIL is going to see her parents this weekend; her Dad can do amazing car repairs. I hope he can take a peek at her car. Tyler did a few minor things to it a couple of weeks ago but he knows there are more. They do not need a hefty car bill.

I have no calendar like you for my meal planning D. I have to have something sturdy I can carry around. I use a steno sized pad for jotting down notes during the day; and it includes my meal planning and what errands I need to do during the week. I swear brain fog is so real. I really have to write everything down the minute I think of something, and this is the best thing I could come up with, and it fits in my huge purse. We usually do one grocery store run on the weekend; and the pet food store every other week; then I will run to Trader Joe's, Target, Whole Foods, etc. during the week after work. I have specialty items at each store I like to get.

I refuse to weigh myself; always have. I like to think if I eat healthy most of the time, try to fit in some exercise, and my clothes fit okay, that is the best version for me. If I get on the scale I get too obsessive. If my clothes get too tight, I know I have to start cutting some foods out.

Enjoy your Starbucks Dorine! Savor!

Can't wait for another TR! Love to see ya'll's smiling faces.

Hugs and prayers always.

I think I missed something (or forgot - I have a TERRIBLE memory!) - I even went to your FB page and I couldn't see anything that jogged my memory - so I am a bit embarrassed that I have to ask... What did I miss??? Why are you having so much free time now?

Hahaha nope. I'M the one who is missing something. I mentioned it in my TR, not on FB. I lost my job back in November and have just been working on some side jobs so that's why I have lots of free time. Sorry.

Holy smokes! It took me 2 million years to remember my password on here so I could comment!

I love that you are a budget nerd! So am I! :love:

Yay for the good news about the truck repair. Could have been a lot more!

As you know from FB, I've been struggling on the weight loss front but still moving along and not giving up. Disney in one month for the 5K! Looking forward to it but it will also be bittersweet with it being the 3rd anniversary celebration since my husband's passing. :(

Have a lovely day!

I am so glad you finally have some news on your truck! I hoped for you that it would be less expensive, but at least it was within what you had saved and now you know and can get it fixed! It is good though that y'all have seen how much you can really save if you put your mind to it. It's amazing what we can do and live without when we have to! I really have to go get my hair done, too. I am so over it, and I need color badly! I am thinking of trying the phase 2 of 30DayShred to see if it isn't so hard on my knees. We are on day 24 and going strong on W30. It has gotten easier, and I am trying to look at all the positives. Like you said, I have learned a lot about my eating habits and my cravings and triggers. I know that I will definitely continue to eat more cleanly than I did before, but I will likely follow closer to a paleo/primal diet. I hope you enjoy your Starbucks today!

We are also looking at going back in Jan 2018... I have to see what the girls' schedules look like though.
Our youngest daughter called yesterday to ask if we would join them for a trip to Disney in either January or February. She is going to look at dates and costs. It would be great if our trips overlapped. ::yes::

I worked out yesterday morning - right away... It was a good work out. I am noticing a big difference in how my clothes look and feel on me... Which is a good thing. It's been too long since I've had that feeling.
That's really nice that you can finally see and feel the improvements. :)

I did hear a tidbit about what it was at the end of our trip - for the life if me now, I cannot remember though.
Could this have been the new castle show?

This picture was incredibly awkward to take... I remember this photographer posing us, and just the way V and I were standing and looking at each other - it was a difficult pose to hold - as we were almost balanced awkwardly. I remember the photographer backing up to take the picture - V and I looked at each other as best as we could and we both bursted out in laughter - and the photographer snapped the photo. However - once I saw the picture - I was surprised at how cute it turned out.
What a fun picture. The two of you have been taking great pictures on this trip. V is looking all grown up now. The way back pictures show how much she has grown. :)

I also wanted to add here - see the awesome ceilings in CP??? This is what I want to do to our main floor bathroom when we remodel - almost the same color and everything. ::yes::
This would be great in a bathroom. I can see that it would match a claw foot bathtub. ;)

That little turkey had gone into the Splash dump shop and purchased the Splash Mountain sweashirt for me- the one I've been drooling over for a year... She must have noticed me oogling over it after every ride on Splash.
That sweatshirt is adorable.That was sweet of her to buy that for you. Didn't she also give you a bracelet?

I made home made beef stroganoff (out of the Betty Crocker cook book) for dinner last night... This recipe has been a staple recipe in our house forever - it's one that everyone likes. The family had it over noodles - I had mine over a baked potato. Eating has been good and I am feeling good about it.
I use the Betty Crocker cookbook for this recipe, too. It has a lot of recipes that we love. I've also been trying to find a few other new recipes to try. Now that I have a new kitchen I have to use it. :)

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Not sure how far behind I am but I enjoyed the trip updates! I love the picture of the dogs looking under the couch for the toy too. Ours do that and it is always "helpful". haha
So glad your truck is going to be fixed and home soon. Sorry it is going to be so expensive but glad its within your budgeted amount.
Wanted to let you know that DH and I enjoyed The Wave. We were there last Wednesday for breakfast. We both just ordered off the menu and got The American. It was very good. Such a nice peaceful place to go too. I REALLY liked the butter they serve. Pecan honey maybe? I don't know but it was delicious! It was a good place to eat and a good place to get some time for just the two of us.
Take care and hope you have a great day!

I used to do it as 10 days on L1, 10 days L2 and so on... But now, when I do it... I do L1 on Mon, L2 on Wed, L3 on Fri and I do it for about 4-5 weeks. I am anxious to hear how you like it! :woohoo:

I'm glad you shared how you use it because I have been meaning to ask you!! So, I did Level 1 Monday after school and thought it was VERY challenging....like I was doing crying push ups and hysterical crunches by the end. I had to work at Hallmark last night and again today, so instead of waiting til tonight (when I know I'll be too exhausted to actually do it!!!) I got up both mornings a little earlier than usual and did the work out first! I HATE getting up early and getting up early to exercise is even worse, BUT I love knowing I've already done the workout for the day and have the rest of the day to just think about drinking more water and trying to eat more sensibly!! I figure I'll wait to try Level 2 or 3 until I can manage the entire level 1 without keeling over or having to stop in the middle. Meal plans are up next!! I have no clue where to start with that...

It's hard to get excited about spending $1200 on the truck, but I agree, it is SUCH a relief when you know you won't have to charge it to pay!!!

Have a great day, ~D!!

So glad the truck will be less than it could have been and that you'll have it back soon. Yea!!! That's wonderful news and such a tender mercy.

Bacon wrapped meatloaf sounds amazing... I fixed one of our new favorites last night -- the shepherd's pie recipe out of the Whole 30 book. SO good. My husband had outpatient surgery yesterday to remove squamous cell carcinoma from his lip and so he needed something soft to eat, but still filling so that recipe was perfect. They were able to get all the cancer and plastic surgery will not be needed -- such a blessing! It will take months for that part of his lip to fill back out so he might look a bit unbalanced in the mouth for a while, but we're just grateful they were able to get it all and that it wasn't melanoma.

I hope your weigh-in went well. Remember -- overall, it's not about the number on the scale -- it's about health and wellness and fitness and how you feel. (Easy to say, I know -- as someone who struggled with eating disorder behaviors in the past and didn't even own a scale for 20 years out of fear of slipping back into those habits...) You continue to be an inspiration to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter