**October 2016 Check-in!**

Match-y t-shirts for the trip......done! I showed DH the ones I made for myself and the kids. Then I showed him the Grumpy 'I don't do matching shirts' possibility for him. He laughed so hard and said, "I'm in!" So I'll throw that one together in the next week or so. Networks are putting out their fall filming schedules, so we may be able to snag live audience tickets for a TV show soon! I think I will churn for one more Disney gift card for food and souvenirs and then I'll be done. I can make dining reservations next week! How are everyone else's plans coming along?

Anyone else notice that WOC Dining plans aren't available for October reservations yet? I called the reservation line, they said that it is like this every year, nothing coming out until the last minute. So, now I am checking daily to secure the WOC Dining package at Arial's Grotto.

I just purchased our tickets for MHP for 10/21. I bought my gift cards at target and combined them into one gift card like others have suggested to get my 5% off. One more dole whip for free:tink:and I'm thinking about being Piglet for my costume. I was thinking to buy a pink & white striped shirt and pink Capri pants and some Piglet ears and I'm all set!

Just booked DGS first Disney trip. Taking DGS, DD, DH, and meeting DFIL, DMIL, DSIL, DN. 10/6-10/9. Now to create t-shirts and booked a character breakfast.

I too called (even though I knew the answer, just my OCD/paranoia couldn't be contained) to make sure it wasn't my browser causing the lack of availability. And they said they are waiting on the final published hours for October for WOC related restaurants/events and character venues in DL. Just have to keep checking back daily to see when they open up.

We are waiting to book a WOC dessert party, Plaza Inn and Wine Country Trattoria to complete our trips reservations. October is hard one to guess hours and staffing for them I guess due to the parties and the Fall breaks?

We've never had a problem getting what we want, when we want at the DLR so I will relax and enjoy my 50+ days waiting for October. I do have to get AP discounted party tickets, but will wait to give them more money until the end of the month as October 11th will not likely sell out until much later.

Happy waiting everyone. We did hear that our son's Han Solo costume shipped and is due in Thursday so we will have it ready to go! We are going with a "higher end" one from China :) looks good in the pictures so I hope it works out. I'm not crafty and my crafty wife is swamped at work, so thank you EBay. If not we have 50+ days to fix it.

Mike

Planning for our October trip got put on hold while I quickly planned a full 2 day trip, with two separate travel days, for my sister and I. We leave tomorrow!!!

Other than that, my son finally settled on a costume, Thor. I'm being Mary Poppins, in her arrival outfit, and my husband is about 90% convinced to be chimney sweeper Burt. I have three sisters, only 2 are coming in October. One is making a Rey costume, and her boyfriend is buying a Poe Dameron jacket. The other sister is most likely going as Anna, because she can borrow the costume from a friend and save some money. My mom is either considering tinkerbell, or queen of hearts. Our family friend is pretty set on Ben Kenobi. Unfortunately, we couldn't all agree on a group costume so everyone is doing there own thing. I'm just glad everyone wanted to participate.

I love that all the October merch is showing up, I might get to snag some this weekend! I was assuming it would be rather picked through if I waited until I went in mid October. My main souvenir goals are always a mug and a christmas ornament. I want that MHP dated pumpkin ornament so badly!!!

Just checking in and subscribing.... we normally go over the holidays, but this year have had to change to October and will be there October 6-11. Looking forward to some spooky fun!! :scared1:

This was posted in the Halloween Thread but for those who may not visit that thread, the first Halloween Party has sold out. Saturday October 29.

Going to Disneyland for the first time!!!! Our park days are Oct 10, 11 & 12 and we have a few days that we will spend in San Diego after. We check in on October 9. WDW veterans excited for our very first west coast trip. ❤️

Match-y t-shirts for the trip......done! I showed DH the ones I made for myself and the kids. Then I showed him the Grumpy 'I don't do matching shirts' possibility for him. He laughed so hard and said, "I'm in!" So I'll throw that one together in the next week or so. Networks are putting out their fall filming schedules, so we may be able to snag live audience tickets for a TV show soon! I think I will churn for one more Disney gift card for food and souvenirs and then I'll be done. I can make dining reservations next week! How are everyone else's plans coming along?

Can you give some ideas on live show tapings and where to look for info. This is our very first west coast trip.

We will be staying at GC October 25th - 30th. This is our first visit to Disneyland but we have been to WDW several times. It will be myself, by DH and my 2 DS (ages 13 & 16).

Going to DLR for the first time Oct 9-16. Staying at Best Western Park Place. Just my Mom, my brother, and myself going. Celebrating my mom's 65th birthday.

Woohoo! In 8 weeks, I'll be finishing my packing!... Not that I haven't already started a bit ;) With the amount of general traveling we do, I keep travel-size toiletries at the ready, already in my bag. I have my potential hot-weather items packed. My MHP ticket is sitting in my night stand, as DH tried to throw it away when cleaning up a few weeks ago..... I've got 1 of my Disneybounds ready (Minnie), one an item or two away from being done (Maleficent), and a Jasmine dress I'm trying to figure out accessories for.

I haven't made my ADRs yet, but there's only 1 for me this time (Cafe Orleans for the pomme frites), so that's not an OMG-must-do-NOW thing. Need to decide what day to do it, and that will be based on what day I do the WIWF tour. Really just waiting to be able to book that tour!

Eight weeks doesn't seem so far away!

My daughter's autograph book arrived. It came out even better than I hoped it would. I think this one is one of my favorites! I'm meeting with my mom next week to decide on restaurants, then I will book ADRs. This weekend I will start designing shirts. We are loving our Silhouette machine. Making shirts are so much fun!

Can you give some ideas on live show tapings and where to look for info. This is our very first west coast trip.

Audiences Unlimited is my go-to site. Shows like Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel only have tickets through their own websites. Be sure and check the minimum age for entry into the studios, as it can vary by show.

Solo trip 14-16 Oct inc MHP!!
Booked in at Grand Legacy at the Park as I got a good deal back in June - $338 in a classic room- free cancelation.
For another $20 I can get a room at Fairfield Inn or for $100 less Stovalls Inn - I need to decide soon before the these prices disappear!!

Well, I wanted to do matching shirts, but the girl I've ordered from in the past is currently on vacation... Booo, any recommendations?

Our park hours are almost available, I went ahead a snagged a few reservation, but I'm assuming the park hours won't make a huge difference in our plans now anyway with the loss of the desert party. Plus, we're from the east coast, so I'm assuming we'll be early risers and ready to pass out each day by 7 or 8, lol.

And I just secured our shuttle service for our one day trip to Universal. So I guess I'm feeling pretty good about things, I can't believe it's almost here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter