October 2015 Discount Code Watch

Does anyone know if there is an October Facebook group yet?

Hello! We are currently looking to book our first ever resort stay for our Honeymoon Oct 22-30th. Anyone have any discount codes they can send our way or tips/tricks to getting the best deals? :earsgirl::earsboy:

These might be foolish questions but I have a Disney Visa, do they mail discount info with the bill? I don't think I have ever seen anything about a discount with my bill so wondering if I am missing something. Second question - in the past did discounts apply to Value resorts? We are a family of 6 so given budget our options are likely POP with 2 rooms and possibly doing 1 night at Poly OR we could do AoA or Dis Sport fam suite. Would any of these places get a discount? I guess based on what I have read if moderates are what get the discount, maybe Caribbean or Coronado might work if discounted enough given we need 2 rooms for those places.

These might be foolish questions but I have a Disney Visa, do they mail discount info with the bill? I don't think I have ever seen anything about a discount with my bill so wondering if I am missing something. Second question - in the past did discounts apply to Value resorts? We are a family of 6 so given budget our options are likely POP with 2 rooms and possibly doing 1 night at Poly OR we could do AoA or Dis Sport fam suite. Would any of these places get a discount? I guess based on what I have read if moderates are what get the discount, maybe Caribbean or Coronado might work if discounted enough given we need 2 rooms for those places.

No. They would be separate emails, but I've never even gotten one. The Dis is your best resource.

Suited suited at AoA and pop are typically included. Little mermaid rooms and sometimes ASMovies have been excluded.

I think Coronado also has family suites....2 queen beds and 1 queen sofa bed...here's what the current offer included when it was a VISA offer, not sure it's the same now that it is PUBLIC...

Disney Visa cardholders can get a package with a room discount of up to 30% at select Disney resorts for stays 6/16/15 – 8/27/15. Value and Moderate resorts have a slightly higher discount during the last portion of August (8/10/15-8/27/15).
•Up to 30% off most Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resort rooms, except: ◦ Up to 20% off Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View & Club Level), Beach Club Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villas ◦ Up to 10% off Deluxe Suites •Up to 20% off most Moderate resort rooms (25% for 8/10/15 – 8/27/15), except: ◦ Up to 10% off Coronado Suites •Up to 15% off most Value resort rooms (20% for 8/10/15 – 8/27/15) Offer excludes Villas at Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower,Polynesian Bungalows & Villas, Port Orleans French Quarter, Little Mermaid (i.e. Standard) rooms at Art of Animation Resort, All Star Movies, campsites and 3-bedroom villas. As with all Disney promotional discounts, some resorts, room types and date combinations will not be available. It’s important to be flexible if you want to book a discounted package.

Subbing...looking to go around the week of October 19th. Keeping our fingers crossed for some pixie dust :tinker:

I tried to read other threads and mousesavers but got confused - is the free dining going to depend on Value vs Moderate vs Deluxe? Right now the difference between a value and moderate for me is a little over $600. If there is a 20% Oct discount it saves about $730, however dining plans are much more expensive then that so it would seem dining is better but now I am wondering if my 'package' price I did on WDW.com would change in price given dining means no other 'discounts'. Are the packages WDW quotes when you book room and tickets together considered a discount?

Not sure I'm understanding exactly what you mean but I'll take a stab at an answer for you...

If you booked a "Special Offer" such as a % off discount, then you cannot add another discount to it, such as free dining.

If the discount that you currently have is less than another discount, you can change your reservation to the new discount, but the old one goes away...

If you booked at a regular rate, then you can apply whatever discounts come along by contacting who ever you originally booked your reservation with...

This all has to happen before the 45-days-to-arrival date, I believe, but you could check on it with the reservation agent.

Does this answer your question?

Booked for October 25-31. Planning MNSSHP On the 27th. My bday. Free dining was only offered the last week of October last year. Fingers crossed it's the same this year. Stay at Coronado Springs business class.

Following!! We are booked for our first family trip the week of October 3rd.....just waiting to schedule ADRs, fast passes, and discounts!!

BOOKED AIRFARE and cannot believe I got it for the 6 of us for $714 using $300 in credit card points. YAHOOO! Now it is real, we will be there 10/26-10/30. Hoping to score discount on Mod OR free dining, have not booked yet. Also want to get tickets to the Halloween party, my oldest's bday is the 29th so that would be really great.

Sorry, took a Disboards hiatus....discounts for Oct are through the "magical agency" not direct through Disney. Search in google and you should be able to find it.

I thought they were a Disney Partner? Their system interfaces with theirs just like you were booking through Disney?

I thought they were a Disney Partner? Their system interfaces with theirs just like you were booking through Disney?
I booked with them. It's more like they get a 'convention rate'. You have to book through them and then add your trip to MDE. But it's super easy!

We are working with our travel agent to book Oct 3-10. However, those dates were blacked out for free dining, so if they are, we will move up a week and go in Sept. But either way, so excited!!!

We are looking at the 3-10 as well. Based on last year's offer if they offer it again this year it will more than likely end on Oct. 2. If that is the case we just drive down Friday evening and check in late on the 2nd. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah, that is why we moved ours up to checking in Sept 29th, figured that date would be safe for FD. Probably waiting to book till the discount is announced but it's hard to wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter