October 2014

Ten day forecast shows rain Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Keeping fingers crossed it goes away!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

6 days!!! YiPpEeeeee!!!! On the downside I have 4 shifts at work :scared1:

The count down is on! :hyper:

5 days if you count what is left of today. But excitement tempered by forecast calling for rain and I am 80% sure I am getting a cold. Downing OJ and probably taking off work tomorrow to sleep in hopes of keeping it at bay. It is my first F&W Fest I HAVE to be able to taste stuff.

5 days if you count what is left of today. But excitement tempered by forecast calling for rain and I am 80% sure I am getting a cold. Downing OJ and probably taking off work tomorrow to sleep in hopes of keeping it at bay. It is my first F&W Fest I HAVE to be able to taste stuff.

DH and I both had terrible colds one year. Noses ran like crazy. Couldn't taste a thing. I now bring Afrin nasal spray every year just in case I need it.

The weather forecast drives me nuts. It changes sometimes twice a day.

DH and I both had terrible colds one year. Noses ran like crazy. Couldn't taste a thing. I now bring Afrin nasal spray every year just in case I need it.

I may have to look into that if I get worse by Friday. Don't leave until Sunday, but taste seems to be the first thing gone and the last back.

The weather forecast drives me nuts. It changes sometimes twice a day.

I was all happy it cleared through Wed, but Thur (MNSSHP night) and Fri now show rain. Last trip I had rain every night but one and my last day it poured from 11 on. Miserable. Was hoping for a clear, sunny week this time.

I was all happy it cleared through Wed, but Thur (MNSSHP night) and Fri now show rain. Last trip I had rain every night but one and my last day it poured from 11 on. Miserable. Was hoping for a clear, sunny week this time.

I think it will change a few more times before next week, I think some of it depends on that tropical storm in the gulf. I have my fingers crossed and anything else I ca cross for good weather next week. :)

I'm glad there are still a few of us here counting down the days together and keeping the thread going, being that it's so late in the month. Would be lonely here otherwise!!

It's a few days since we got back from our wonderful F & W trip - (10/23-27) - so hard to come back. We enjoyed wonderful weather - low to mid 80's and brilliant sunshine. We began as we always do - Kir Royal from France with waffles from Belgium - so delicious! I think the heat slowed us down a bit - we usually get to 10 booths a day, but only managed 7-8 each day. The favorites stood out, as usual. Canada - the filet and mushrooms, France - the short rib, Brazil - the frozen caipirhina. Thursday and Friday were great days crowd-wise. A little more than we are used to, but manageable.
I booked the Illuminations Dessert Party for Saturday night, and was nervous about those crowds - justifiably, it turns out. I never saw it so bad. We wanted to hit a couple of food booths before the party, but when we got to the park and started walking, it was close to impossible to move! And the lines!!! The Boardwalk seemed a better idea - it took almost a full hour to walk from Mexico to the Int'l Gateway! When we returned around 8:00, it was somewhat easier, but we were glad to have a special place to see Illuminations. The dessert party was quite good (our 2nd time), but light on chocolate desserts.
I don't want to bore you with the awful trip back to BLT that night - monorail only - no trains waiting - literally thousands of people on the ramps. You can just imagine! We were halfway up, and my poor SIL neede to go to the restroom - and people would not let her pass to leave!! I don't get that! The trip home took close to 90 minutes - just awful.
All in all, another good trip - still recovering!
To all who are there now - have a blast!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter