October 2014 Code watch!

We're planning on Oct 10-14 at POFQ! Why does it seem like POFQ is always excluded from RO offers? :( I've gotten FD there before, but never RO. Here's hoping! First WDW trip with my in-laws (MIL/FIL, BIL/SIL and DH) so there's 6 adults, getting two connecting rooms. A good RO would go a long way in helping our costs! :yay:

Thanks!! I know we had it in 2012 so in hopeful. Just hoping they include Contemporary Resort in the deal. I've heard that resort fills up fast due to F&W. Last time we stated at AKL

We're planning on Oct 10-14 at POFQ! Why does it seem like POFQ is always excluded from RO offers? :( I've gotten FD there before, but never RO. Here's hoping! First WDW trip with my in-laws (MIL/FIL, BIL/SIL and DH) so there's 6 adults, getting two connecting rooms. A good RO would go a long way in helping our costs! :yay:

POFQ fills up easily. The best you might get is 5%. If you have a Target RedCard, you can purchase Disney gift cards at a 5% discount and use them to pay off your room. Every little bit helps.

Add me to the list of hopeful watchers for either FD or room discounts.

I have this crazy idea to surprise my daughter with a very short trip to celebrate her 13th birthday (10/18). With her entering 7th grade this Fall I know our week long vacations are going to be coming to an end (although we do have a cruise booked in January so we'll just deal with the consequences of missed classes then).

I'm thinking arrive on Friday, 10/17, and depart on Monday 10/20 (maybe Tuesday). It will be a very short trip but a short trip is better than no trip .. right ?!?!

Add me to the list of hopeful watchers for either FD or room discounts.

I have this crazy idea to surprise my daughter with a very short trip to celebrate her 13th birthday (10/18). With her entering 7th grade this Fall I know our week long vacations are going to be coming to an end (although we do have a cruise booked in January so we'll just deal with the consequences of missed classes then).

I'm thinking arrive on Friday, 10/17, and depart on Monday 10/20 (maybe Tuesday). It will be a very short trip but a short trip is better than no trip .. right ?!?!

We had a special 13th birthday trip. It was amazing! I hope it works out for you. :goodvibes

I see that the free dining dates were sent out in August of last year, do we think this will be the same for this year? We are looking for a trip in late October, but have never done the FD rush before.

Thanks!

I see that the free dining dates were sent out in August of last year, do we think this will be the same for this year? We are looking for a trip in late October, but have never done the FD rush before.

Thanks!

Should start to hear solid rumors for the covered dates sometime in early to mid July. The end of October has been covered for years, so you have a great chance. :goodvibes

Our second trip as a family! October 12th - 18th. Dates are set in stone, airfare booked, DD is in language immersion school and they have this week off and we cannot go any other times due to school.

Last trip was Feb 2013 - used the Disney Visa discount that was offered at that time. $560 savings

Looks like a discount is not really offered for out travel time frame.

I did have PIN code on file (didn't bother to ask as it did not cover our dates, but I will seen when it expires and what it actually was!). The PIN codes make my head spin.

Do you think there will be a RO discount for the end of October? I'm not into free dining since we're going for F&W and would like to flexibility of stuffing our faces. :rotfl2:

Praying for free dining for our Oct. 18-26, 2014 trip. I,ve already booked AoA, so hope it will be available for there!! :rotfl:

Do you think there will be a RO discount for the end of October? I'm not into free dining since we're going for F&W and would like to flexibility of stuffing our faces. :rotfl2:

We're waiting for a room only discount as well, first year that FDing won't work for us :(. I checked the historical data on Mousesavers and it looks like some sort of room discount is usually released. Looks like it didn't get released until August or September most years though :( so we have a bit to wait.

Does anyone mind if I ask some questions about this?

If we get free QS dining, but we have a lot of TS reservations, does it really matter? Or is it because they require a ticket reservation that it might not make sense to do the dining plan? I'm thinking if we buy our park tickets elsewhere we might save more than having a lot of unused QS credits because of our dining choices.

Is that why people would not do the free dining offer?

Thanks in advance!

If we get free QS dining, but we have a lot of TS reservations, does it really matter? Or is it because they require a ticket reservation that it might not make sense to do the dining plan? I'm thinking if we buy our park tickets elsewhere we might save more than having a lot of unused QS credits because of our dining choices.

Thanks in advance!

You could check the upgrade costs from QSDP to the regular DDP or DxDDP to see if that would be the best deal for you. Dining plans are not for everyone, but be sure to run all of the numbers before deciding it isn't for you. Here is the thread with upgrade costs...

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2772063

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm...I had to mull this over. If they came out with FD and you are currently have a booking at a value resort and it is an applicable room, you could take the plan, which, yes, gives you QS. You would be paying OOP for all your table service, which to me, is an expensive prospect. Granted you'd have a QS to use each day to counter all the TS (using it for breakfast & lunch or lunch & dinner or breakfast & dinner) but you'd probably be better off, if you are desiring the dining plan, to upgrade from the QS plan to the next level (1 snack, 1 QS, 1 TS) by checking the thread the PP gave.

I know some opt to upgrade their resort to a Mod to get the next level DP. Again, you'd have to crunch the number to see if that would be an expense you'd find reasonable. You'd be paying more for the mod, but getting the higher level dining plan.

Does any of this make sense, or am I just in a Monday morning fog! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter