October 2014 Car Rentals.

The rates beginning 10/4 have taken another downward bump:cool1:

Both Dollar & Budget had rates near $120 for a weekly midsize rental.

I went with Budget for the 'free' extra driver, used AARP & 25 coupon for a full size prepaid...8 days = $142 total. A mid size was approx. $8 less.

can't help myself from continuing the hunt;), if rates drop again, i'll pay the $10 cancellation fee and carry on.

good luck to all those waiting.

I'm really discouraged, watching late October and can't believe they are still way over what I'm holding at $263. For a week. There are still a few days until the last minute deals will come out, but I'm bumming. Avoiding this week next time.

Early October has gotten expensive with midwest fall breaks. Some kids here now get 2 weeks. We moved our trip forward 2 weeks and saved half on airfare. Now wish I cold do that on car rental.

Our mid Oct rate has more than doubled. I'm sitting on a full size w/Alamo for $221 (8 days). Would love to see it come down, but am doubting it at this point :/

If I try to modify my sister's existing reservation and change the dates, Alamo gives me a rate of $89/week (Oct 10-16), using the annual pass contract ID. If I try to book a new reservation or try to modify my existing reservation under my name, it gives me a rate of $399/week. Unfortunately, I need to book the car in my name, or I would just modify my sister's existing reservation!

Any ideas on what might be causing the problem? I entered the exact same dates; the only difference is that the low rate appears when I use my sister's existing reservation and modify the dates!! Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

I had a hotwire email, rates dropped from $32. To $30 dollars a day. But, the minivans were INTHE $20's for Advantage.

Our rates have dropped too! Alamo through Costco for 10/3-10/12 for a minivan dropped to $313 today, down from $370. Rates for full and mid dropped considerably too, but we need a minivan on this trip since we have 4 adults.

Our rates have dropped too! Alamo through Costco for 10/3-10/12 for a minivan dropped to $313 today, down from $370. Rates for full and mid dropped considerably too, but we need a minivan on this trip since we have 4 adults.

Thanks, my Budget through Costco dropped another $20 today!

Total rental dropped $40 today to $223 from $263.
I hope it still drops next week at the three week mark.

Minivans were reduced too!

I am flying in and out of Tampa this trip as it is $1200 cheaper for 4 adults (which is roughly what is is costing us to fly there round trip non- stop) the MCO flights that were layovers were still more expensive than Tampa. I say this because my AMAZING deal if for TPA NOT MCO.

We are 4 adults and an infant. We found a mini van using BJ's Wholesale Club travel section on their website. A 10:30am pick-up on 10/18 and a 7pm drop off on 10/25 for a mini van $408.02. That is a $989.09 savings

Are you a member of BJ's as well? I just got a mini-van, granted out of Tampa, but it was through BJ's for $408.02. (I just checked - my same week if I were renting at MCO is right now $453. That is still pretty amazing!) That is almost $1000 cheaper than anywhere else!

gcarney said:
Are you a member of BJ's as well? I just got a mini-van, granted out of Tampa, but it was through BJ's for $408.02. (I just checked - my same week if I were renting at MCO is right now $453. That is still pretty amazing!) That is almost $1000 cheaper than anywhere else!

Dumb ?, but what is BJ's? I'm thinking probably some sort of wholesaler like Sam's or costco, but not sure.

what sites to you check? my first stop is hotwire, then carrentalsavers.com, but I am still seeing super high rates. Once I see those drop, I'll check the individual sites, but wondered if I was missing something?

Not a member of BJ's-- we don't have any in our area.

Checked through Costco again this morning and the rates dropped again-- only $266 for a minivan from 10/3-10/12 through Budget. Can't believe how low the rates have gotten.

Not a member of BJ's-- we don't have any in our area.

Checked through Costco again this morning and the rates dropped again-- only $266 for a minivan from 10/3-10/12 through Budget. Can't believe how low the rates have gotten.

If you book directly on the Budget site using Costco ID W852802 and Coupon Code MUPZ044 for $40 off and select the option to pay now you can get a minivan for $223 inc taxes.

Just booked minivan with Dollar City Special from 10/4 to 10/9 for $190 all in.

With Budget using Costco ID W852802 and Coupon Code MUPZ044 for $40 off a minivan is $139 inc taxes. You also get free aditional driver since Dollar charges $10 a day extra.

With Budget using Costco ID W852802 and Coupon Code MUPZ044 for $40 off a minivan is $139 inc taxes. You also get free aditional driver since Dollar charges $10 a day extra.

I finally decided to do a Pay Now at Budget - 10/3 (9:30a) to 10/10 (5:30p) - Costco ID W852802 and Coupon Code Mugz029 = $122 all in! I was pretty happy with the 8 day rental cost and figured it wouldn't go much lower. That's for the 2nd tier car - compact (Ford Focus).

How do you use the costco id? I can get the coupon to work but not the costco id. Are you on the budget site? Or Costco site?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter