October 2014 Car Rentals.

My October mid-SUV dropped again, another $55 drop tonight. :cool1::cool1:

Oct 8-14 now at $298 with Alamo, using Costco's website. (I am a member and book with them directly).

Another $50 would be nice, but this is still over $100 less than it was a week ago. Not all car sizes seem to have dropped as much, right now the mid SUV is not that much more than the intermediate. I need the luggage space, for a large chair for a special needs adult.

My October mid-SUV dropped again, another $55 drop tonight. :cool1::cool1:

Oct 8-14 now at $298 with Alamo, using Costco's website. (I am a member and book with them directly).

Another $50 would be nice, but this is still over $100 less than it was a week ago. Not all car sizes seem to have dropped as much, right now the mid SUV is not that much more than the intermediate. I need the luggage space, for a large chair for a special needs adult.

Can you cancel easily booking through Cotsco? I haven't booked that way before.

Anybody have any codes to help me at Tampa (TPA) for Oct 18-25. There will be 4 adults and a 10month old infant so I think we'll need a mini van or large SUV. We are flying to Tampa because its a $1100 savings for the 4 of us AND a direct flight. Only a 45 min dirve to Orlando so its not bad and we land at 10am so we have plenty of time to make the drive, stop for lunch, grab the groceries before the 4pm check in.

The best I have done so far is $468 for a mini van through BJ's with Dollar. Anybody have anything that can save me more, I would really love to do better.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I'm still not seeing anything lower than the KLM rate I got a couple months ago.

Standard car October 22-27th all in at 222 and some change. I'm hoping it goes down some, it's only 4 days. But, if not I guess this is a good rate?

I see everyone else is having a hard time finding codes or specials for October, nothing really out there yet.

What is KLM??

What is KLM??

Unfortunately, the KLM code is no longer active for new reservations. I booked with it several months ago.

I would suggest signing up for the various rental places to get deals in your email.

At this time, I am not seeing anything come through for later than October 12. All you can do is keep checking.

I rebooked early early this morning with Budget. Just rechecked now and it's still showing same prices.

Full Size Rental
09/30 @10am to 10/07 @5pm
BCD: W852875
Coupon Code: MUGZ061 (($40 off) coupon expires 9/30, so try MUWZ107 for $25 off))

Total of $131.45!!

Also, check Dollar with the City Special. Don't put in any codes. Click "Check for city special" when it pops up. That price would have been $150 and change. Hope this helps someone! I didn't think I was going to get below $200 for a while there. *phew* Good luck to all!

I rebooked early early this morning with Budget. Just rechecked now and it's still showing same prices. Full Size Rental 09/30 @10am to 10/07 @5pm BCD: W852875 Coupon Code: MUGZ061 (($40 off) coupon expires 9/30, so try MUWZ107 for $25 off)) Total of $131.45!! Also, check Dollar with the City Special. Don't put in any codes. Click "Check for city special" when it pops up. That price would have been $150 and change. Hope this helps someone! I didn't think I was going to get below $200 for a while there. *phew* Good luck to all!

Lucky! Been checking everyday but still at $257.

Hoping there will be some coupons coming out soon

My compact ressie at Budget dropped $63 in the last 12 hours (Costco codes). Am booked for 10/7-10/14 for $203. Glad they're moving in the right direction. Three weeks ago my rate was $317!

My compact ressie at Budget dropped $63 in the last 12 hours (Costco codes). Am booked for 10/7-10/14 for $203. Glad they're moving in the right direction. Three weeks ago my rate was $317!

Thanks for the heads up. My intermediate only dropped by $15...hoping it will go down some more.

My rental with National went down nearly $50 today! I am using the visa codes found on Mousesavers, Oct. 9 - 14, picking up at Sanford, Midsize for $180.68 down from $230.22. Hoping to stay with National because of the free second driver.

My rental with National went down nearly $50 today! I am using the visa codes found on Mousesavers, Oct. 9 - 14, picking up at Sanford, Midsize for $180.68 down from $230.22. Hoping to stay with National because of the free second driver.

Which codes sammie? Good to see this finally happening! It's just me for this trip so I am going as cheap as possible, economy or compact. The only prices so far from rental places inside the terminal for 5 days have been above $200 and more. Just saw Dollar for 10/2-10/7 is $129. That's more like it with a hope to go even lower.

just priced out 8 days beginning 10/4 for midsize using the visa code & it came out to $450.77:eek:.

not sure which of the two I have booked will keep: National via old KLM code @ $232 with 2nd driver or Dollar thru SWA site @ $185 but only 1 driver. :confused3

The Visa codes are only for a 5 day max rental.
Visa cardholders can receive up to 25% off rental of a Compact through Fullsize car, plus a FREE weekend day. Go to the National website, use Contract ID 5027112 and coupon code NF5594ZDP, and pay for the rental with your Visa card. Valid on a 3-day minimum/5-day maximum rental with a Saturday overnight keep. Expires 10/31/14.

My rental is out of Sanford. Checked the codes and the price at MCO is $120 more! I have never gotten a better rate in Sanford than MCO.

Anybody have any codes to help me at Tampa (TPA) for Oct 18-25. There will be 4 adults and a 10month old infant so I think we'll need a mini van or large SUV. We are flying to Tampa because its a $1100 savings for the 4 of us AND a direct flight. Only a 45 min dirve to Orlando so its not bad and we land at 10am so we have plenty of time to make the drive, stop for lunch, grab the groceries before the 4pm check in.

The best I have done so far is $468 for a mini van through BJ's with Dollar. Anybody have anything that can save me more, I would really love to do better.

THANK YOU!!!!!

If you really need to bring the rental price down… Last week while vacationing in Indiana, we rented a full sized car from Alamo. It was a Nissan Altima. Plenty of back seat space, tons of luggage space. We drove 5 adults from Louisville, KY to Bloomington, IN, about a 2.5 hour trip. It really wasn't bad. The adult with the shortest legs sat in the passenger seat and moved it forward- but she was still comfortable. My 5'6" daughter, 6'2" husband, and 6'4" nephew all rode comfortably in the back seat- except my DD, who was in the middle and occasionally put her legs up onto the console between the front seats to stretch them. You could put the car seat in the middle and I bet everyone would fit.

Also… try carrentalsavers.com It saved me $65 on that rental!

Checked again this morning and the rate was down another $57, using the above info. That's $120 drop in 4 days. Coming in now at $146.

Rates are coming down! An 8 day rental for Mid october with no codes at all is running 238-253 total depending on company (dollar, budget, thrifty). Last week these rates were in the mid 300s.

I'm still waiting for a code....hoping I can get it to come down to 225 or less with a code:cool1:

Costco too far a drive for me, frustrating when I see their great rates & free driver included.

I forgot all about my DH being able to use AARP codes/coupons! Noticed the section on the budget site when I was pricing things out today.

full size car, 8 day rental beginning 10/4, including free spouse:rental total USD $189.76:banana:

smaller cars were only $8 - $20 less for same time period, figured I splurge since we need to drive to Clearwater & back from Orlando.

Don't recall ever renting from budget in MCO. Hope the cars are 'decent'.

Signed up for the RapidRez before I booked the reservation.

Budget Question:

in MCO do you have to stop @ counter in terminal or is there a kiosk there or in garage? Likely, since 1st rental, will have to produce DL/CC, etc. anyway but just wondering standard procedure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter