October 2014 Car Rentals.

We are arriving 10/25 in Tampa and only need a car for 1 day. Would like to drop off next day at Dolphin and I'm getting prices of $120+!!:faint: For less than 24 hrs! Hoping I can find good deal closer to the actual dates.

We are arriving 10/25 in Tampa and only need a car for 1 day. Would like to drop off next day at Dolphin and I'm getting prices of $120+!!:faint: For less than 24 hrs! Hoping I can find good deal closer to the actual dates.

likely paying higher rates & drop charges to return to different location, especially if a non airport one.

for 1 day you might want to consider hotwire closer to the date if you don't have a preference as to provider.

likely paying higher rates & drop charges to return to different location, especially if a non airport one.

for 1 day you might want to consider hotwire closer to the date if you don't have a preference as to provider.

I figured the different p/u and d/o location was the reason. FWIW I went on Undercover tourist to price tickets and found the same rental through Alamo for less than half! So we will probably get out tickets through them to get the best deal on the car.

Just booked mid-size with Dollar thru SWA (will earn 600 pts)

used AAA rate code (various club's codes can be found on Dollar's website), approx. $40 less than the citi special.

8 days beginning 10/4

$185 total

note: pre tax & fees, the weekly rate was $113, extra day another $16. Net rate is approx. $50 less than 'old' KLM code one thru national. As with alamo extra driver not included, need to decide if i really want to drive this trip or not.

Just rebooked with Budget from 09/30 - 10/07 (7 day 7 hour rental) with following codes:

BCD: W852875
Coupon Code: MUGZ061 ($40 Off Weekly Rental/Paperless Coupon)

Full size, total of $180.24. Couldn't do any better with National, Alamo, or Dollar.

Just rebooked with Budget from 09/30 - 10/07 (7 day 7 hour rental) with following codes:

BCD: W852875
Coupon Code: MUGZ061 ($40 Off Weekly Rental/Paperless Coupon)

Full size, total of $180.24. Couldn't do any better with National, Alamo, or Dollar.

FYI, I just tried for 10/2-10/7, the MUGZ061 said it expired 9/30/14. You guys squeezed in under the date.

FYI, I just tried for 10/2-10/7, the MUGZ061 said it expired 9/30/14. You guys squeezed in under the date.

Yeesh, had no idea.

I do still hope to shave off some more before the trip, as we are just over 60 days still. Hopefully, we'll all do better in the coming weeks! Just gotta keep checking, right?

Yeesh, had no idea.

I do still hope to shave off some more before the trip, as we are just over 60 days still. Hopefully, we'll all do better in the coming weeks! Just gotta keep checking, right?

:thumbsup2

My Oct 28 to Nov 3 reservation just went down $30. I now have:

Dollar, Compact, City Special from their website, $184 with taxes and fees.

I will keep looking!

Need a car from Sanford Oct. 9 - 14. Right now I have a midsize from National using Visa codes for $245.33. Hoping for something lower. I do have one question. My 25 year old son will be with me on the trip, will be be able to be the second driver and will their be a charge?

Help if you have a good deal
Oct3 to 11. Preferred pick up at MCO. We are a family of 4 and will have 4 luggages. Wonder if it is cheaper for us to rent a compact and have me and the kida take the Magic Express bus.

Any input?

Thanks a lot

Anything for TPA out there? We have 4 adults and an infant, looking at a minivan or large SUV. I'd appreciate the help. Thank you

Late October (one week) has been running over 500.00 from Tampa. It's crazy!

I have a rental through National @ mco with a visa code for $286 incl taxes and fees for a full-size Oct. 10 @ 2pm thru Oct 20 @ noon.

Anybody seeing anything better? It seems like there aren't any October specific codes yet :(

Not really having any luck. Our last visit in the world Jan 2012, I got a rental from Alamo for around $170.....wonder if I will ever see those kind of rates in Oct

Not really having any luck. Our last visit in the world Jan 2012, I got a rental from Alamo for around $170.....wonder if I will ever see those kind of rates in Oct

Ahh...2012. Those were the days:
I did the same week/number of days last year and watched rates pretty obsessively, and the best I could do was $266 (full size) for the same number of days with Alamo using Costco codes.

I paid a good 30% more in 2013 than I did in 2012. I did some tracking of prices in 2012 here.

I have a rental through National @ mco with a visa code for $286 incl taxes and fees for a full-size Oct. 10 @ 2pm thru Oct 20 @ noon.

Anybody seeing anything better? It seems like there aren't any October specific codes yet :(

That's pretty good. What is the Visa code?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter