October 2014 Car Rentals.

I just checked Dollar and they are running some city specials for October. I don't think I'll ever get the super rate I got for our recent trip ($125 for 8 days for midsize including all taxes and fees) but at least they are down a bit. They look slightly better than the person (disneymissy?) who is holding a couple of reservations with Budget. Hoping they come down a bit more.

I'm following this thread - looking for a cheaper in-terminal rental.
Dates: October 3 - 10
Holding two Costco reservations
1) Budget Off-site pick-up at E. Colonial Drive (9 miles cab ride) $179 Economy. - Cancelled
2) Budget In-terminal $262 (ouch)! - Cancelled

We did the offsite rental in December 2012 - cab ride was about $22 - even with that it's a savings over in-terminal right now. Crossing my fingers it will go down!

Edited 5/13/14
Cancelled two holds above - now have on hold with Costco
Alamo - in-terminal Compact $219 (hoping it comes down more)! We paid $146 last year same week.

Got this email from Alamo today.

We’re improving the Alamo Insiders program so it’s easier to get great rates, every day. No searching. No coupons. No kidding!

• New pricing structure means no more coupon clipping.
• Get everyday low prices directly from Alamo.
• Enjoy a 5% discount on top of our new everyday bargain rates in the US, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean.

Also effective June 16, 2014, the Alamo Insiders program will discontinue the complimentary additional driver option. What hasn’t changed is our commitment to providing you with great cars at the best possible rates so your vacation travel is smooth and enjoyable. You can review the amended terms and conditions here.

May affect some peoples current plans.

I will be keeping an eye on this site! last year we rented a car for 24 hours it was a full size and it cost about $70. We went shopping and out to eat. Maybe we could get a car for a little longer! :goodvibes

I just found MCO Thrifty Oct 18-Nov1 (2 weeks) for $362.15....wild card deal their choice compact or bigger.....we know what that means, compact!! That is with everything. Is this a good deal? Its corporate rate dont know how to stack promos?? Does anyone have experience with them?

I just found MCO Thrifty Oct 18-Nov1 (2 weeks) for $362.15....wild card deal their choice compact or bigger.....we know what that means, compact!! That is with everything. Is this a good deal? Its corporate rate dont know how to stack promos?? Does anyone have experience with them?

WELL I JUST FOUND A BETTER DEAL AT THE SAME PLACE THRIFTY going thru southwest.com website and adding in this corporate code 0010230734 I now get intermediate car for $302.52

I found this code under another thread it says it is AAA code where I found it, but it makes no mention of it on Thrifty Site....Do you think they will ask for a AAA card? Still wondering if anyone has rented from Thrifty and can offer feedback?

I signed up for the KLM program but can't find the rental car discount code. Do they email me?

What is the website? we are looking to rent a car to drive down to Florida in October

What is the website? we are looking to rent a car to drive down to Florida in October
Not sure who you were asking but I was on southwest.com with rapid rewards code..it goes to it when you are a rapid rewards member which is free. I then added AAA promo code which is posted above and it gave me a double discount. $302. everything included
for 2 weeks intermediate car which I thought was cheap!

We are going to WDW on October 9th and staying through the 19th. We currently have a reservation for a full size from Dollar, using a city special, for $236 including taxes, etc. I am pretty happy with this price, but I have been able to get EXCELLENT deals in the past, so I will put some effort into getting this price down.

Just booked a mid size SUV thru Dollar at the Wyndham, DTD, 10/18-10/26 for $241.59 total thru their city special!

Booked an Economy via National at the Car Care Center 10/30 to 11/13 for $350 with the KLM discount plus the BJ code. Hearing rumors that the KLM is defunct so not touching or messing around with this price unless something fantastic happens.

Booked an Economy via National at the Car Care Center 10/30 to 11/13 for $350 with the KLM discount plus the BJ code. Hearing rumors that the KLM is defunct so not touching or messing around with this price unless something fantastic happens.

Did you try going thru southwest site and then using BJ code? I am paying under $21 a day for an intermediate?

Just booked a standard car with alamo for 2 weeks. 10/18 to 11/1. Used the passholder code and a free day. Paying $386 total. Since alamo does not gave a standard aisle I know I can choose from full size.

Does anyone know if you book a standard car through Alamo in San Francisco do you automatically get a full size like you do in MCO?:confused3

We are a family of 5. 4 Adults and 1 infant.

We are flying into Tampa because it was $1000 LESS for the four of us and we are flying non-stop. We would have had to fly layover to Orlando. I am renting a mini-van and so far I am at $511 with Dollar. I have never rented from Tampa before, so tips, coupons etc would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

I know some are afraid of them - but my parents used firefly in March with no issues at all so I'm going for it.

I got 10/8 - 10/16 intermediate for $151 with Firefly.

Very happy with this price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter