• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2013 Waitlist thread--where are you WL'd?

Waitlisted at BWV - 2BR - Pool and Boardwalk View - Oct 19th - 26th. We are booked in a 2BR Lake View at BLT but my wife loves the boardwalk.

we currently don't have anything booked for the night of the 14th
i just booked the night of oct 14, BWV studio P&G view, with DVC member cash discount (fyi, system wouldn't allow standard or BW views on cash - i wanted to double-check :rolleyes:)
total with tax was $351, but it would've cost us $324 more in airfare to leave on the 14th rather than the 15th - $27 more and we get an extra day :cheer2:
AP rates for oct aren't out - i'm going to check for a lower rate when they are.

:)

Booked 10/3 through 10/7 at BCV 11 months out for my DD and myself for Food and Wine. My other DD would like to join us after her classes for the week end at college on 10/4/13. Decided to add on a few more days. Was able to get BWV pool/garden view forv10/8. Now waitlisted for either BWV 10/7 or BCV for 10/8 and 10/9. Don't mind the split stay if we get the BWV night, but would prefer to stay all the nights at BCV. Probably a long shot though:sad2:

fyi, , from others' posts/experiences, it appears BWV standard view can only be booked on points (as with BW view: points only, not even member cash bookings), or at the very least, rarely available for DVC cash bookings.

It may not be available for member cash rate but you can book standard view through CRO for cash. Just punched in 10/18-10/20 at BWV on WDW site and it gave me a BWV std studio and std 1BR as options. Not cheap of course!

I am in the process of purchasing my first DVC contract at BLT currently waiting on ROFR, day 16. If I pass ROFR it will be a while before my points are loaded, probably end of July. What are my chances of getting any reservation at any resort for Oct 12-16 of this year? Would prefer a 1BR.

I'm waiting for one night, 10/18, at BCV in a 2br lock off. I have a lockoff from the 19th-27th, but was 9 points short to book the 18th at the 11 month window so had to wait til the 7 month mark to add the one night. Well, at the 7 month mark the only 2br available was one of the coveted 2br with 2 queens, but no lockoffs. So I have that room booked but we would prefer not to switch after 1 night. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't come through, it's only 1 night and I've been waiting 2 months but I'm still confident!

I am in the process of purchasing my first DVC contract at BLT currently waiting on ROFR, day 16. If I pass ROFR it will be a while before my points are loaded, probably end of July. What are my chances of getting any reservation at any resort for Oct 12-16 of this year? Would prefer a 1BR.

Even right now those dates are very spotty and there is most likely only a day here or there available. At the end of July you would only be about 2.5 months out making it very difficult to find something. Once your points are loaded constant checking would be necessary to possibly piece something together at various resorts.

Good luck! Hope your resale goes as quickly as it can.

I'm renting an owner's points. We currently have a studio at AKL Kidani Savannna view for 10-23-27. We are WL'd for BLT LV studio. I was surprised how much was already booked right at the 7 month window. Had also tried for VWL.

I am on the fence whether I would still be excited if the WL comes through. Initially, I wanted BLT, but I am also happy about AKL. (We have a car). As we are renters, we don't have the liberty to check online frequently as you all do. So I guess we shall just wait and see if it happens.

Even right now those dates are very spotty and there is most likely only a day here or there available. At the end of July you would only be about 2.5 months out making it very difficult to find something. Once your points are loaded constant checking would be necessary to possibly piece something together at various resorts.

Good luck! Hope your resale goes as quickly as it can.

Thanks for your response. I'm probably jumping the gun anyway since I'm still in ROFR. I'm just excited like most first time DVC owners to book my first DVC reservation.

It may not be available for member cash rate but you can book standard view through CRO for cash. Just punched in 10/18-10/20 at BWV on WDW site and it gave me a BWV std studio and std 1BR as options. Not cheap of course!

"standard view" through CRO is actually pool/garden view - "standard" is what CRO calls its one and only view category :)
e.g., oct 14, non-dvc "standard view" was available thru CRO, but not AP discounted yet. when & if i can book the AP rate, the CM said my DVC "pool/garden view" dates could be linked to the AP "standard view" night so we wouldn't have to move, as it is the same.

only when booking thru DVC with points does one have the choice of all three BWV view options.

We ended up having to book later than we usually do, I was unsure if I could get a week off in October due to work obligations. Thankfully, my time was approved, but when I went to book I was surprised at the lack of availability. We have never had a problem booking at Kidani, OKW or SSR. Well, the only thing that had full availability for the week we wanted was SSR. I don't like to have anything on my mind, so rather than waitlist, we booked our week at SSR.

We love the resort, so I cant say it was a big deal, I guess I was more surprised at what was open to us.

"standard view" through CRO is actually pool/garden view - "standard" is what CRO calls its one and only view category :)
e.g., oct 14, non-dvc "standard view" was available thru CRO, but not AP discounted yet. when & if i can book the AP rate, the CM said my DVC "pool/garden view" dates could be linked to the AP "standard view" night so we wouldn't have to move, as it is the same.

only when booking thru DVC with points does one have the choice of all three BWV view options.

Oh! Good to know. Thanks!!

We booked last Friday and the only 2 bedroom available for October 3 - 8 was at SSR so we booked and waitlisted:

2 bdrm savanna - AKV Kidani Lockoff
2 bdrm savanna - AKV Kidani Dedicated

We will be happy either way but this is our Granddaugher 2YOs first trip and having a savanna view would be great.

Anyone else have their waitlist come through?

We have had several come through in the last month. We are going to BWV in Oct/Nov and wanted to add on a few days at the end and at the beginning of our trip. We waitlisted one day at a time and have been successful with the 3 days we wanted.
Good luck everyone!

We are renters and have also been on the WL since the 7 month window opened. We even pushed our vacation back a week, away from Columbus Day, hoping that would help us get what we wanted, but no luck.

So, we're booked for a 1 bdr VWL October 19-26th. We're waitlisted for a 1 bdr BLT LV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter