• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2013 - Car Rental

Guess I need to start watching this thread. I've yet to book my October rental mostly because I've not booked my airfare yet. I have to say October is my worst time for booking travel arrangements. We plan to arrive on Oct. 16 to Nov. 2, but if airfare doesn't get better we may move it up to Oct. 15th to Nov. 2. Are there any good National coupons out there. The only one I have is a $30 NDA2324BR.

where did you get this coupon? is it an ecoupon or do i need a paper copy??

My wife and I will be down there from October 16th through October 28th. Does anyone have any good discounts for car rentals? Thanks in advance....

where did you get this coupon? is it an ecoupon or do i need a paper copy??

It is an ecoupon, but believe it might be a BJs or Costco one. So if that's the case, you could always be asked if you're a member. I'm sure someone here will recognize it.

So thankful for this thread, it really helped me bring down the cost of our rental for October! We're going 10/20-10/27, I got the price down from $255 to $175 for a compact through National at the Car Care Center (with KLM and $30 coupon). Now I just tried Firefly and it's $114 picked up at MCO! I think I will hold on to both for a few days, as I'm a little nervous about Firefly. It's such a good deal, though! We really only use the car as a convenience to get to resort hotel dinners, or if we know we'll be leaving a park at closing and the bus line will be a madhouse. At $175 I was on the fence about it, but for $114 it would be a no-brainer. I'm excited to see how Firefly pans out!

I am so aggrivated with Alamo. :confused3

I can not get ANY coupon to work for our dates: Oct 18 @11am to Oct 27th @7pm. Keeps saying coupon at capacity, yet travelers for November are getting great deals with it.

I currently have an ok deal with National EA, but would like something better. I know the rates will go down closer to our dates.

I am so aggrivated with Alamo. :confused3

I can not get ANY coupon to work for our dates: Oct 18 @11am to Oct 27th @7pm. Keeps saying coupon at capacity, yet travelers for November are getting great deals with it.

I currently have an ok deal with National EA, but would like something better. I know the rates will go down closer to our dates.

I'm getting the same thing. I have used coupons for them at different times, some busy and somem not so much, and never had the "capacity" error come up. I am hoping it's just a glitch. The prices without the coupons are better than I thought they would be ($260 for a week in a Premium - only $15 more than a standard) but I'd like to knock it down if I can.

Looking to book a car rental for Orlando in October and I've seen a few posts about Firefly. Is that a new rental car company and is it located right at the airport in the garage?

I checked their website but not too much information there. Although they did have awesome rates.

Thanks

I have had it with Alamo! :mad: I wanted to cancel my reservation since our arrival time has changed and I found a better deal through Budget. Their website won't allow me to alter the reservation since whatever coupon I had used is now at capacity. I am now on hold with customer service. Ugh. We have always had such positive experiences with Alamo. I guess those days are over.

I have had it with Alamo! :mad: I wanted to cancel my reservation since our arrival time has changed and I found a better deal through Budget. Their website won't allow me to alter the reservation since whatever coupon I had used is now at capacity. I am now on hold with customer service. Ugh. We have always had such positive experiences with Alamo. I guess those days are over.

I feel your pain! Please let us know how you make out on the phone.

I feel your pain! Please let us know how you make out on the phone.

I got someone who barely spoke English and I couldn't really understand her. She said the reservation was already canceled but couldn't send me a confirmation email of this. I keep all of my reservation and cancellation notices and I am sure I didn't cancel the reservation. She gave me some other reference number but I couldn't understand what that was actually supposed to be. I am going email Alamo and see if I can get them to confirm that it is canceled.

This is concerning on several levels. Is my reservation canceled or not? I am glad I checked and didn't just show up thinking I had a reservation when it somehow got canceled.

I got someone who barely spoke English and I couldn't really understand her. She said the reservation was already canceled but couldn't send me a confirmation email of this. I keep all of my reservation and cancellation notices and I am sure I didn't cancel the reservation. She gave me some other reference number but I couldn't understand what that was actually supposed to be. I am going email Alamo and see if I can get them to confirm that it is canceled.

This is concerning on several levels. Is my reservation canceled or not? I am glad I checked and didn't just show up thinking I had a reservation when it somehow got canceled.

OMG! Horrible. :sad:

I log on to my Alamo Insider account and I see that the reservation is not canceled. I tried emailing them through the link on their website but it won't send. I called again and that person claims to have canceled the reservation but can't actually send me any proof of this.

Hoping this will help someone, hertz has some good deals right now if you are willing to prepay using the following codes I was able to get a rental for 4 days for $45 including taxes and fees.

Enter RQ: VSTPTE
Enter PC: 182092 ($10 off/weekend day, expires September 30)

Hoping this will help someone, hertz has some good deals right now if you are willing to prepay using the following codes I was able to get a rental for 4 days for $45 including taxes and fees.

Enter RQ: VSTPTE
Enter PC: 182092 ($10 off/weekend day, expires September 30)

What are your dates and your pickup/drop-off locations? Because I'm not seeing rates anywhere near that.

So my trip dates are OCt 13-17 (MCO) and I have two car reservations rights now. One through Firefly for a mid size for $97 Total incl tax&fee.the second is Alamo for $233 for a standard including taxes and fees. As Firefly doesnt open until 09/15/2013 IM curious to other poeples experiences with them..specifically if htey are really in terminal and if they put a HUGE hold on my credit card. I really like that with Alamo I can go and pick out my own car. I just wish the reservation was under $200

So my trip dates are OCt 13-17 (MCO) and I have two car reservations rights now. One through Firefly for a mid size for $97 Total incl tax&fee.the second is Alamo for $233 for a standard including taxes and fees. As Firefly doesnt open until 09/15/2013 IM curious to other poeples experiences with them..specifically if htey are really in terminal and if they put a HUGE hold on my credit card. I really like that with Alamo I can go and pick out my own car. I just wish the reservation was under $200

I sure hope Alamo will come down too! :thumbsup2

So I have never rented a car before. Do major car companies ( Alamo specifically) put a large hold on my credit card? I think I read that Firefly will run your credit card for the cost of the rental + ~$250...I am just trying to make sure I have enough credit available. I was hoping that the major car rental agencies only put a hold on it for hte amount of the rental. Anyone had any experiences?

So I have never rented a car before. Do major car companies ( Alamo specifically) put a large hold on my credit card? I think I read that Firefly will run your credit card for the cost of the rental + ~$250...I am just trying to make sure I have enough credit available. I was hoping that the major car rental agencies only put a hold on it for hte amount of the rental. Anyone had any experiences?
No hold when you make the reservation.

I've never noticed how much the put in for on a pending authorization once you actually pick-up the car, but I think it's just for the rental amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter