• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

I have a question for those that are driving to Disney. What time do you all leave? We live in the Hudson valley area of New York and will be driving to Disney. Do you think if I leave at 5am on Wednesday morning and drive most of the way and stop in Georgia overnight so that I'll only have about 5 hours the next day that ill be okay? I'm not sure if in missing traffic in the DC area or not...I heard that can be terrible! ��

I think you will be good. I actually was born and raised in Dutchess County so I know exactly where you are. I get up that way to visit once or twice a year or so. And I live in the DC area now. I would estimate on average you would hit the DC area around 11 am-ish, give or take, depending on the route you take and what kind of morning rush hour you hit, But leaving at 5 am you should make good time before any really heavy commuter traffic. Lunchtime going thru DC shouldn't be too bad. It's the morning rush hour and late afternoon-early evening traffic that is HORRIBLE. Have a good time at the World! I can't wait for our trip. 16 more days to go! :dance3:
EDIT: I just saw your ticker. Congrats on the upcoming big day! :)

Quick question: if my daughter has the Peter Pan costume from the Disney store with the foam knife and bow and arrows can she wear those at the party? I am not sure if I can even get them on the plane? But if I can she will want to wear them. Thanks for any help.

Quick question: if my daughter has the Peter Pan costume from the Disney store with the foam knife and bow and arrows can she wear those at the party? I am not sure if I can even get them on the plane? But if I can she will want to wear them. Thanks for any help.

Yes. "Obviously fake" weapons are fine, especially if it is Disney's own that they likely sell in the park anyway.

Joining in with the single digit dancers!:dance3:WooHoo! A year of planning is almost over!

Not far off from going... and I'm taking my friend and Disney World Rookie with me! Here's to hoping he has a blast! :thumbsup2

tkitty said:
Joining in with the single digit dancers!:dance3:WooHoo! A year of planning is almost over!

Yippee! Dance party central over here! Hooray for single digits! Only 1 week as of Friday for the Wilson 3! Now if only I could stop switching my ADRs around!

daizieduck said:
I think you will be good. I actually was born and raised in Dutchess County so I know exactly where you are. I get up that way to visit once or twice a year or so. And I live in the DC area now. I would estimate on average you would hit the DC area around 11 am-ish, give or take, depending on the route you take and what kind of morning rush hour you hit, But leaving at 5 am you should make good time before any really heavy commuter traffic. Lunchtime going thru DC shouldn't be too bad. It's the morning rush hour and late afternoon-early evening traffic that is HORRIBLE. Have a good time at the World! I can't wait for our trip. 16 more days to go! :dance3:
EDIT: I just saw your ticker. Congrats on the upcoming big day! :)

Thank you! That helps a lot! And thanks for the congrats too!

It's a superb feeling - did my ESTAs last night, and DHS decided us lot are ok to enter the country. :cheer2::cheer2: Which is always a nice feeling! :cheer2::cheer2:

16 days to go, until 14 days of OKW, free dining, MNSSHP, F&W and hopefully good, dry, but not too hot(!) weather :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:.

no capes darling said:
Us too. I'm a little freaked out at the extended forecast temps and rain. :snooty:

Oh no! I just checked it out! From 10/14-10/18 we have 75%and up chance of rain! I guess we need to invest in some heavy duty ponchos!

We arrive on the 19th. What is going on down there? Is it me or does it seem like they have been having a very rainy last few weeks for the most part?

We arrive on the 19th. What is going on down there? Is it me or does it seem like they have been having a very rainy last few weeks for the most part?

Hoping against hope that we are talking about afternoon rain/thunderstorms and nothing that ruins an entire day! :sad: I guess looking at historical rainfall totals when selecting your vacation stay doesn't guarantee you a dry stay! :scratchin

Hoping against hope that we are talking about afternoon rain/thunderstorms and nothing that ruins an entire day! :sad: I guess looking at historical rainfall totals when selecting your vacation stay doesn't guarantee you a dry stay! :scratchin

We were there Oct. 7-15 last year (Friday to Saturday) and the first full day (Saturday) we were there it POURED ALL DAY. The puddles were very deep, water gushing between the bottoms of my feet and my Birkenstocks (they got waterlogged!). The next day it rained heavy on and off in the morning and then after that the rest of the week was nice and dry. Hoping for a dry trip this year! :beach:

Oh no! I just checked it out! From 10/14-10/18 we have 75%and up chance of rain! I guess we need to invest in some heavy duty ponchos!

I went for the ponchos from the Dollar Store so once we were done with them I wouldn't feel bad tossing them in the trash instead of lugging them around. Looking at the forecast, I probably should head back for a few more.

We leave in eight days and I was just diagnosed with walking pneumonia! We have planned this for 9 months and now this! :confused3 Hoping I can get it cleared up quickly!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter