• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

budafam said:
It's 3:58 am and I cannot sleep anymore. I'm going to Disney today!!! My stomach is in knots (hate flying) but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to sleep anymore. !!!

I'm the same way, and I don't leave for another 5 days! DS and I have colds, so that's not helping. Mine is at that "is it coming or isn't it" stage. My luck the damn thing will hit me the day we fly out! Grrr! I had a sinus infection for our last trip. I SO don't want to be sick for this one!!

Just woke up from my last sleep before Disney! DH is still up as he is driving first and wants to get his body used to being up. Might take a nap later on this evening, but I'll probably be too excited to sleep. Everything is packed except shampoo and the like and I'm getting ready to head out to gas up the car.

It's strange to think that in just 24 hours we will be half way to WDW!

I'm the same way, and I don't leave for another 5 days! DS and I have colds, so that's not helping. Mine is at that "is it coming or isn't it" stage. My luck the damn thing will hit me the day we fly out! Grrr! I had a sinus infection for our last trip. I SO don't want to be sick for this one!!

I'm just getting over a cold (got it on Friday and glad I got it then and not now).. DD has had a bit of a runny nose so I hope we're all over it now.

It's the last bit o' packing today, and one more sleep! We wake up before the birds and drive to our Happy Place. Our first MNSSHP & our first stay at the Poly....all starts tomorrow!! :yay:

It's the last bit o' packing today, and one more sleep! We wake up before the birds and drive to our Happy Place. Our first MNSSHP & our first stay at the Poly....all starts tomorrow!! :yay:

Don't you just love that?!! I keep reminding myself that a week from tomorrow, I will be sleeping at Disney!:cool1: Makes me so happy. Can't believe it's finally here!

It's 3:58 am and I cannot sleep anymore. I'm going to Disney today!!! My stomach is in knots (hate flying) but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to sleep anymore. !!!

Have a fabulous trip! We have 10 more days and I'm already starting to get that "I can't wait" feeling!

Online check-in tomorrow! Yay me! DH and I are so super excited! On Wednesday we will be doing the single digit dance! Yeah buddy!

We must be arriving on the same day! The kids and I got up early this morning to complete the online check-in together before they headed out the door at 6:30am.

Talking about how many sleeps and all reminds me of our trip two or three years ago when at 3:00 am the morning we were leaving one of our smoke detectors started beeping to let us know the battery was low. I laid there awhile thinking I would take care of it when I got up but could not ignore it and fall back to sleep. As I was trying to get the new battery in it just made one long loud continuous beep! I thought DH would wake up and have a fit and ask why I insisted on doing it right then and there - as if I could sleep with a beep going off every few minutes! Then as soon as I changed that battery one of the other detectors started beeping to let me know it wanted some TLC too. Since we had to get up at like 5:00 anyway, I never did fall back to sleep!

:grouphug: EVERYONE ON THEIR WAY THIS MONTH! I'M SO EXCITED FOR US ALL! BE SAFE ALL AND HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIVES.... :goodvibes

Last edited:
jonesld1997 said:
We must be arriving on the same day! The kids and I got up early this morning to complete the online check-in together before they headed out the door at 6:30am.

I was doing online check-in early too. DH came in and was miffed that I didn't wait on him. I did let him call and put in our room request though. Come on October 12th!

I've got the suitcase out and filled with about 80% of mine and DD's things! Still have 17 days before we leave for Florida but since the weather is turning chilly here, I figured I'd just pack our shorts, etc in the luggage since I normally would be putting them away for the season. :-)

Reading all these posts gets me sooooo excited! I can't sleep and i don't even leave until the 15th! LOVE ME SOME DISNEY! :cheer2:
Hope everyone has a safe and magical trip pirate:

I have a question for those that are driving to Disney. What time do you all leave? We live in the Hudson valley area of New York and will be driving to Disney. Do you think if I leave at 5am on Wednesday morning and drive most of the way and stop in Georgia overnight so that I'll only have about 5 hours the next day that ill be okay? I'm not sure if in missing traffic in the DC area or not...I heard that can be terrible!

I was doing online check-in early too. DH came in and was miffed that I didn't wait on him. I did let him call and put in our room request though. Come on October 12th!

I made my room request last night. Apparently I was pretty specific which amused the woman I spoke with. Also made sure the kids birthday was noted on the reservation.

:jumping1:

Last, but not least, I woke up this morning doing the single digit dance! October 12th can't get here soon enough!!!

jonesld1997 said:
I made my room request last night. Apparently I was pretty specific which amused the woman I spoke with. Also made sure the kids birthday was noted on the reservation.

Last, but not least, I woke up this morning doing the single digit dance! October 12th can't get here soon enough!!!

I know right?! Come on October 12th! I was also very specific in my request. She took it all down so fingers crossed we will get what we desire!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter