***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

Speaking of October, has anyone on the board been to WDW previously during MNSSHP? What kind of weather should I expect? Moreover, what type of costumes should we be packing? My daughter wants to be Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. That tends to be a hot costume. Any advice would be appreciated.:thumbsup2

KLocke said:
Speaking of October, has anyone on the board been to WDW previously during MNSSHP? What kind of weather should I expect? Moreover, what type of costumes should we be packing? My daughter wants to be Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. That tends to be a hot costume. Any advice would be appreciated.:thumbsup2

It's been seven years since we were there specifically for a party, but I remember it bing warmer than I wanted it to be. Our first party in'04 they gave you a complimentary photo and we all look a little flushed in it! My girls were Snow White and Esmerelda and they were pretty bedraggled by the nights end.

We went the last week of October a couple years ago and it was in the 90s during the day, in the mid 80s during the party. We all wore lightweight costumes.

It's been seven years since we were there specifically for a party, but I remember it bing warmer than I wanted it to be. Our first party in'04 they gave you a complimentary photo and we all look a little flushed in it! My girls were Snow White and Esmerelda and they were pretty bedraggled by the nights end.

Thank you!:thumbsup2

We went the last week of October a couple years ago and it was in the 90s during the day, in the mid 80s during the party. We all wore lightweight costumes.

90's in october??? Ugh.... I didn't realize it was that hot! So basically the weather is the same as July and August in Florida?? :eek:

90's in october??? Ugh.... I didn't realize it was that hot! So basically the weather is the same as July and August in Florida?? :eek:

The humidity should be lower than summer, which helps a great deal. Last Oct., we had days in the 90's and days in the 70's. We were there mid-month. Also had some rain, but not bad.;)

We went the first part of Oct. last year and it was warm durin the day but it got a little chilly in the late evening. a light coat or sweater would have been nice. The best advice would be to see what the weather forecast is just before you go and plan accordingly.

Hi all!

Not so much a Disney newbie, but it has been quite some time! I worked for the College Program in summers '95 and '96 (server at Hollywood and Vine and front desk at Fort Wilderness). Last time I visited I was single and it was a quick trip for the half marathon in 2007.

So, now I'm married with a 20-month-old. He will be just under 2 when we visit.

We're staying at the AoA in a Lion King suite with my mother-in-law (help me now!) Oct 25-Nov 1

Right now no plans to do MNSSHP, at least with the babe in tow. Perhaps MH and I will leave the babe with MIL, but not sure yet. We do plan to do Mickey's Backyard BBQ, since I think my son would enjoy that.

Can't wait!

Sept. 29th to Oct. 7th at CSR for us! With free dining! This will be our second Food & Wine/MNSSHP adventure. Can't wait!

:dance3::dance3:

Hi all!

Not so much a Disney newbie, but it has been quite some time! I worked for the College Program in summers '95 and '96 (server at Hollywood and Vine and front desk at Fort Wilderness). Last time I visited I was single and it was a quick trip for the half marathon in 2007.

So, now I'm married with a 20-month-old. He will be just under 2 when we visit.

We're staying at the AoA in a Lion King suite with my mother-in-law (help me now!) Oct 25-Nov 1

Right now no plans to do MNSSHP, at least with the babe in tow. Perhaps MH and I will leave the babe with MIL, but not sure yet. We do plan to do Mickey's Backyard BBQ, since I think my son would enjoy that.

Can't wait!

Sept. 29th to Oct. 7th at CSR for us! With free dining! This will be our second Food & Wine/MNSSHP adventure. Can't wait!

:dance3::dance3:

:welcome: to our (not-so-) little group! :rotfl:

If either of you are interested, we have an awesome Facebook group going, but be warned, we are a chatty bunch. :lmao:

Search for " October 2012 DISers! " if you would like to board the crazy train. :rotfl:

We'll be there October 27-November 2 with dd 5 & 2. We already have our MNSSHP tickets. They are going as Merida and Tinkerbell. We already have their costumes and I have already started my packing lists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter