***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

What if you're an end of Sept DIS'er going to both MNSSHP and the 1st 2 days of food & Wine, but aren't technically going in October???
Could I still join??? :blush:

Sure can! I think we already have at least one Sept only person. Several Sept/Oct peeps as well. Just be warned of all the jealousy of your countdown that you are leaving before everyone else. And it's a requirement that you report back on MNSSHP and F&W. K? :rotfl:

We'll be there Oct 12-15 for our anniversary. Planning on doing MNSSHP and meeting up with some friends for dinner one night. I have a reservation at lecellier Saturday, but think I'd rather nosh through the F&W on Sunday or Monday instead of deal with the crowds & not be tied to a reservation beyond the one with our friends. Got some time to think about it I guess.

If you haven't already, you might want to look into doing the Halloween party. It is AMAZING!!!

We have a Facebook group for all of the October travellers if you are interested...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/324328994294695/

We are a chatty bunch! :goodvibes
Awesome! I joined! It's much easier for me to access FB during the day than these boards and I'd love to chat with everyone!

Hmmmm. It's telling me that it's a closed group, though I tried to join... Do I need to get permission from someone???

SeattleSuz said:
Hmmmm. It's telling me that it's a closed group, though I tried to join... Do I need to get permission from someone???
Yes, there should be a button for you to click. Someone will add you quickly! Come on in, we don't bite!

SeattleSuz said:

I think you've been added, check again!

Hi I am new to this group. My husband, son and I are attending MNSSHP on Halloween!!! We will be staying in LM at AOA from 10/31 - 11/6. We have our ADRs for Liberty Tree Tavern, Rain Forest Cafe, T-Rex, Chief Mickey, Sci-Fi Theater and Teppan Edo. So many things to look forward to.

I just booked Southwest today because they're running a sale. It was $89 for us each way (both non-stop flights).
I'm book from RIC, Va 10/31 on Jet Blue non-stop for $89 and from ORL 11/6 on AirTran non-stop for $89. The times aren't the best but beats driving 12 hrs each way.

HeartMickeyMouse said:
Got my DME tags today, come on October! AOA here we come!

Already? They must be doing things different this year. The last couple years our tags came kind of late. I had to call and ask where they were and was told they were to be sent out at around the 40 day mark. But I do believe in years prior to that they were sent out much earlier. So maybe they have gone back to sending them earlier - which is fine by me!! :)

I know I keep hearing October is not crowded at all. We are used to going in January. It seems like a lot of people go in October. Do you all think October will be more crowded then January?

I know I keep hearing October is not crowded at all. We are used to going in January. It seems like a lot of people go in October. Do you all think October will be more crowded then January?

I don't know about January but last October was more crowded than I expected. It was still manageable but lots of people. I switched from the 2nd week to the 3rd week of October this year hoping the crowds would be lighter. But, it appears that POR is just about sold out for the week I'm going.:sad2:

We just hit our 99 day mark yesterday so this feels like the right time to jump in. Picked October based on crowd and weather data. Our stay is Oct 21-26 at WL. From reading the boards and talking with some TAs, it sounds like quite a busy week. In Wisconsin, the kids have a three day break from school that week. Super excited and had a 99 day party yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter