***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

Gearing up to make my ADR's tomorrow! House phone is charging, I have my thumb drive with my ADR spread sheet near the computer, and the alarm is set for 5:45 am. DH keeps calling me crazy and saying he doesn't care, but I know this time next year he'll b praising our wonderful vacation and start wanting to go again.

mjallemand - I am right there with you. My Sept/Oct 2010 trip I booked 2 months out. Went with no ADR and no real planning. We just winged it. This trip I am obsessing on the details. But this trip is a 3 family trip so I want it to be great for everyone.

FairyGodmotherJen - What does "balanced calendar" mean?

mjallemand - I am right there with you. My Sept/Oct 2010 trip I booked 2 months out. Went with no ADR and no real planning. We just winged it. This trip I am obsessing on the details. But this trip is a 3 family trip so I want it to be great for everyone.

FairyGodmotherJen - What does "balanced calendar" mean?

Just made our ADR's and got everything we wanted for around the times we wanted, except O'hana, which had to be switched with Flying Fish on the second day, but hey at least we got it.

Now time to go back to sleep haha.

Hi all! We'll be at OKW 10/14-10/21 :banana: This is a girls only trip! :cool1: October is my favorite time to be in WDW :love: My goal is for this to be a more relaxed trip (I want my friends to like me when its time to go home, not say "I'm NEVER going to Disney with her AGAIN!!) :lmao: One of my friends has never been to WDW, so I'm going to want to show her EVERYTHING! :eek: Without overwhelming her. I'm going to have to calm my inner commando this trip :goodvibes

Hi all! We'll be at OKW 10/14-10/21 :banana: This is a girls only trip! :cool1: October is my favorite time to be in WDW :love: My goal is for this to be a more relaxed trip (I want my friends to like me when its time to go home, not say "I'm NEVER going to Disney with her AGAIN!!) :lmao: One of my friends has never been to WDW, so I'm going to want to show her EVERYTHING! :eek: Without overwhelming her. I'm going to have to calm my inner commando this trip :goodvibes

My 2 best friends and I celebrated our birthdays at Disney last October. We also stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at OKW. Having all that space was wonderful and the 2 bathrooms helped when we were all getting ready in the mornings.

My friends had not been to disney in years so I was basically in charge of everything. To make sure that they enjoyed the trip I met with them several times before our trip to discuss their budget and any particular restaurant that they wanted to try out. We even did the Wishes dessert party and they loved having their own private area to see the fireworks from. Also attended MNSSHP and we had a blast!:cool1:

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time with your friends!:cutie:

Pixiemama - I finally got into Le Cellier yesterday around 2pm. They said the dates for early October had been released that morning. No mention of it being a 2TS restaurant. I got in for 10/2 at noon.

It's official!!! I finally stopped procrastinating and put our deposit down! We're going over Halloween week, after a 7 night Caribbean on the Fantasy! It will be our first MNNSHP and Food and Wine Festival!! So excited!! :yay:
Our ADR day is April 30, so I knew we needed to have our reservation in by then! Come on FD!! :wizard:

It's official!!! I finally stopped procrastinating and put our deposit down! We're going over Halloween week, after a 7 night Caribbean on the Fantasy! It will be our first MNNSHP and Food and Wine Festival!! So excited!! :yay:
Our ADR day is April 30, so I knew we needed to have our reservation in by then! Come on FD!! :wizard:

Congrats~:banana:

Our ADR day is April 29.:) Though, the only reservations I will be booking is for the kids at Pirate's League. We're QSDP people. LOL!

We've got a great page going on Facebook if you are interested.

Here's the link for anyone who wants to join in...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/324328994294695/

Congrats~:banana:

Our ADR day is April 29.:) Though, the only reservations I will be booking is for the kids at Pirate's League. We're QSDP people. LOL!

We've got a great page going on Facebook if you are interested.

Here's the link for anyone who wants to join in...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/324328994294695/

Thanks!! We must be going around the same time?! We'll be there from Oct. 27-Nov. 3
I saw the Facebook link a couple pages back, but didn't want to join until it was official. Just asked to join now!
Now, I need to deal with airfare. That's what's stressing me out! :headache:

Thanks!! We must be going around the same time?! We'll be there from Oct. 27-Nov. 3
I saw the Facebook link a couple pages back, but didn't want to join until it was official. Just asked to join now!
Now, I need to deal with airfare. That's what's stressing me out! :headache:

We have the exact same dates! (Smitch is going the day before us to get it all ready for our arrival. :laughing:)

See you on the FB page!

Pixiemama - I finally got into Le Cellier yesterday around 2pm. They said the dates for early October had been released that morning. No mention of it being a 2TS restaurant. I got in for 10/2 at noon.

THANK YOU for the info, cadale! This is good to hear! :thumbsup2

I believe Le Cellier is 1TS for lunch and 2TS for dinner.

I am going for a weekend in late October. This will be our first MNSSHP! It is also a surprise trip for my kids (ages 14, 11, 7). We are staying at Bay Lake Tower - our home away from home! Oh, and I am leaving my DH at home and taking my best friend
and her 3 kids.

Hi All! I haven't been on here in a while, but I've been lurking.
I made some of our ADR's this morning and we're so excited! Some will have to wait until we have other plans in place. We want to do a couple of tours, and if we don't get the dates/times we want, we'll have to move ADR's around. I'm hoping to book the Africa Trek this next Friday. Fingers crossed for Sunday morning October 7. Then we plan to meet up with SafetyPindSally for lunch at Yak & Yeti. Did I say we're excited! But so far we have:
10/04 arrive before Noon, check in, eat at the resort, go to DTD for some window shopping, and then Boatwrights for Dinner
10/05 DD is having her Senior Picture done by Disney Fine Art Photography at 9:00 a.m., then over to HS for Dining with an Imagineer for lunch at The Brown Derby. This is a special treat for DD. Dinner is still up on the air.
10/06 Lunch at Tony's Town Square
10/07 Africa Trek tour (hopefully) then lunch at Yak & Yeti.
10/08 Backstage Magic tour (hopefully) Dinner at Garden Grill
10/09 Dinner at Rose & Crown
10/10 Undiscovered Future World tour (hopefully) Dinner at Nine Dragons
10/11 MNSSHP - this whole day is up on the air, but we do plan on sleeping in because we're going to the party that nite.
10/12 No plans - another day up in the air
10/13 Back to DTD to pick up what we want at the shops and eat somewhere (undecided) special for lunch.
How's all that? Any suggestions?

we will be there from October 27 through November 3. getting ready to pick my dining any suggestions. We are definately going back to O'hana's, Chef Mickey's and the crystal palace.

Yay:cheer2: We're going to Disney! :woohoo: We will be celebrating 22 years of marriage and will be doing our first MNSSHP! :lovestruc

It's been two years since our last trip and we're over due for some Mickey fun!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter