***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

I made all my ADR's this morning and got everything we wanted! I'm so excited and with all that food I don't know when I'll get to eat all that great F&W food!

I feel kind of bad, I don't even know when our ADR day is. My husband does, since he does all the planning and whatnot. He's extremely into planning, which is good since I'd end up putting things off till the last minute.

As long as we get our dinner at Garden Grill I'll be happy. I don't care if we always seem to be one of the only couples without children there darnit. I want to see Chip and Dale!

I was wondering, could you just create your own costume? I looked it up ( I didn't know what it looked like) and it seems like if you got a black or purple suit with a purple shirt, add the hat and you'd be good! That's kind of what I'm doing for my capt hook costume, buying a pirate costume and then adding a shirt and accessories. Just a thought!
I've considered it. The coat would be the problem though, well that and the hat. I know someone who could probably make the hat though. Hmm...

Made my ADRs this morning and had no problems getting what I wanted! I'm so excited!!!!! I can't wait to eat at all these yummy places.

oh how i wish i could join you all, this will be the first time since 2009 that I am not planning on Oct trip:sad1: But with the price of airfare I just can't justify spending 400 a person to fly to orlando when last year it was 250.00.:scared1:

We made our ADRs yesterday, after a bit of trouble since the online booking system wouldn't recognize our resort reservations. :confused3 We only did a couple this time around because we have such a big group that it takes a little longer to get through the parks, so we'll be QSing it a lot this time around. I did get my anniversary dinner at 'Ohana, though, so that makes me happy!! :yay:

oh how i wish i could join you all, this will be the first time since 2009 that I am not planning on Oct trip:sad1: But with the price of airfare I just can't justify spending 400 a person to fly to orlando when last year it was 250.00.:scared1:

I'm looking at $600 per person round trip from Winnipeg and that isn't direct either. We'll probably end up stopping in Minneapolis!

We made our ADRs yesterday, after a bit of trouble since the online booking system wouldn't recognize our resort reservations. :confused3 We only did a couple this time around because we have such a big group that it takes a little longer to get through the parks, so we'll be QSing it a lot this time around. I did get my anniversary dinner at 'Ohana, though, so that makes me happy!! :yay:

That is soooo frustrating when that doesn't work. I have to be honest when I say that the Disney website is one of the worst I have ever had to deal with! They are always losing info and unable to find info.:mad:

But, I am so happy that you were able to get your anniversary dinner set!! YAY!!:banana:

Booked for CSR Sept 28th through till Oct. 7th. Weeoooo!!

Just put the finishing touches on my ADR's last night and couldn't be more excited:) Congrats on everyone getting everything they wanted :cool1:

Lauren

A reading more problems with the ADR online system, I've decided I'm just going to take the day off from work when it comes time to make my ADR's.

Because of my commute, if it wasn't working, I wouldn't be able to get into the office early in order to call and get my ADR's done before I had to be "on the clock". So I think it's just easier to take the day off...and since it's a Monday, that makes it a 3 day weekend and I love those. LOL

I had the same problem! I had to call up. Luckily there was no crazy hold time and I was able to get it all done in about 20 minutes.

I didn't book online but I'm assuming I can still use the online reservations to book my dining plan ADR's, correc? Do I just put in my confirmation number somewhere when I'm booking or do I need to set up something before my ADR date? I usually book a month or so out and just call and see if I can get any of the restaurants I want so I'm new to the whole advanced planning thing! ;) If the online version is working it sounds like it might be the way to go though at 5:00am. Urgh.

Made all my ADR's yesterday. :cool1:

9/30: Raglan Road - dinner
10/1: CRT - dinner
10/2: San Angel Inn - dinner
10/3: Kona - breakfast, Biergarten - dinner
10/4: Rose and Crown - dinner

Couldn't make anything for Le Cellier for lunch as the CM said the lunch schedule hadn't been released yet. Find that very odd considering that you can make dinner reservations.

Asked about BOG and the CM stated they are still being told Fall 2012 but that "if I were a betting man, you should be able to switch your CRT for BOG without any problem before you arrive." Take that with a grain of salt and we will see if his betting ability is any good.

Wanted to leave room in the schedule to graze at F&W so I hope this set up works.

Couldn't make anything for Le Cellier for lunch as the CM said the lunch schedule hadn't been released yet. Find that very odd considering that you can make dinner reservations.

What date were you trying to schedule lunch at Le Cellier? I'm hoping for lunch there on 10/15, but I've read somewhere a rumor that lunch is going to Signature Dining in October, which is why it can't be booked as of now.

Hey all! I'm planning a trip for my family for mid October!!! Last October the DF and I went down in October for F&WF and MNNSHP. It was the most fun I think I've had since I was a kid. My family has never been and the DF and I were so pleased with our stay at the AKV we just have to do it again! I'm hooked! :)

My new thing that I'm being neurotic over is shoes...making sure I get a comfortable pair for walking 8 hours a day.

It's funny, on the last trip I was just like "Disney World? Sweet, let's go." without a care in the world.

This time I've overanalyzing everything.

We'll be there at POR from 10/14 to 10/19. (So thankful school went to a balanced calendar!) It'll be me, DH, DD (11), DS (8), DS (4) and DH's uncle, who we all love. We'll be there the same time as some friends of ours, as well, so there will be times when we'll be a group of nine! Excited to try a new resort, the QS dining plan for the first time (always did the regular plan), and return to MNSSHP and Food and Wine!

Asked about BOG and the CM stated they are still being told Fall 2012 but that "if I were a betting man, you should be able to switch your CRT for BOG without any problem before you arrive." Take that with a grain of salt and we will see if his betting ability is any good.

Totally cause phone CMs give false info ALL the time!

But I totally hope this one was right! Not just because of the restaurant but I want to experience the ENTIRE Belle area! That's my favorite movie!!!! :banana: It looks like an amazing restaurant and I want to eat there SO bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter