October 2012 Code Watch!!!

Thanks for the input.

I do find that odd considering how expensive DVC membership is. I had thought about buying into DVC, but honestly, if it keeps you from being eligible for certain perks, I don't think it's worth the price.

This is exactly why we haven't purchased a DVC yet. SO far i have added to up numerous times and it has ALWAYS been cheaper for us to resort and get FD. Once they stop the FD, we will be looking into resale of DVC. We have had FD on our fall and January trips so far for the last three years.

I figured my dates would be blacked out from free dining with the Disney Visa but I called anyway. As she was looking it up and putting in the FD code I kept saying to myself please let this go through please ! She kept saying something is wrong, what in the world, it wont go through. I kept saying to myself please go through, please go through :rotfl: Well then finally she said oh I see those dates are blacked out :sad:

Oh, bummer! These darn blackout dates. I'm facing the same issue. :(

I have a question....I think I already know the answer but want to confirm.

First here is our situation: We are looking at going in the middle of October and have the opportunity to use my brother's timeshare. We were thinking of using his timeshare for 1 week then switching to a Disney Resort for a few days and taking advantage of the free dining.

The problem I foresee is: I can't book a 8 or 9 day park hopper ticket then when I check in at the Disney Resort transfer the remaining days I have and add the dining. I would hate to pay for 2 seperate ticket when it is much cheaper to just add the days to an existing ticket. I just don't think Disney would do this, especially since a min. 3 day ticket is required to receive the free dining. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong and we can use the same ticket for the entire vacation. Thanks for any response.

I have a question....I think I already know the answer but want to confirm.

First here is our situation: We are looking at going in the middle of October and have the opportunity to use my brother's timeshare. We were thinking of using his timeshare for 1 week then switching to a Disney Resort for a few days and taking advantage of the free dining.

The problem I foresee is: I can't book a 8 or 9 day park hopper ticket then when I check in at the Disney Resort transfer the remaining days I have and add the dining. I would hate to pay for 2 seperate ticket when it is much cheaper to just add the days to an existing ticket. I just don't think Disney would do this, especially since a min. 3 day ticket is required to receive the free dining. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong and we can use the same ticket for the entire vacation. Thanks for any response.

In order to book a FD stay, you MUST buy at least a 2 day ticket. You can keep those tickets for a future trip, though, so if you must do the timeshare portion of your stay prior to the FD stay you will have to buy two sets of tickets. Is there any way you can do the timeshare stay for the second half of your trip?

Unfortunate the free dining dates are at the end of my vacation time. Originally I was thinking of staying at the timeshare the week of October 15 and staying at POR for a few nights the following week.

Unfortunate the free dining dates are at the end of my vacation time. Originally I was thinking of staying at the timeshare the week of October 15 and staying at POR for a few nights the following week.

You can pick up park tickets that come with your free dining package up to 3 days prior to your check in date. This can be done at any guest relations window at any of the parks. If you could do a few non-Disney days (Seaworld, Universal, beach) for the first part of your timeshare stay, then you might be able to do just the one set of tickets to cover 3 days of your timeshare stay and all of your FD stay..

If you talk to Disney or email them, they will tell you that tickets from a package cannot be picked up early. This is 100% not true. More info on this can be found in post #15 section "I" of this ticket sticky...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

The author of the ticket sticky is currently a WDW ticketing employee and updates the sticky with up to date info on a regular basis.

I hope this can help you. :goodvibes

thanks for the information...will need to discuss this further with DW. We were thinking of going to Universal (never been there before) and Kennedy Space Center, so that may work.

This is the October code watch board and no one has posted about free dining being available this morning? I can't believe I am the first one to post about this! :)

Still waiting on AP rates...To stay at the totally under construction GF....... :(

This is the October code watch board and no one has posted about free dining being available this morning? I can't believe I am the first one to post about this! :)

Still waiting on AP rates...To stay at the totally under construction GF....... :(

I GOT IT!!!!!! Switched to a Lion King Family suite and saved money$$$$$$$$$ from 2LM rooms yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::dance3:

Wait -were AP rates always open to Sept 29 or did they open that today? I am going Oct 4....I can't take it much longer!!!!! Torture!

After my parents (who we're traveling with) received about a million pins that don't work for our dates, we finally got FD today! Still wondering if we'll received a 30% off room rate (it might be a better savings since we're in a 2 bedroom at BLT) in August. Any savings is great!!!

So excited for our first trip with the kids in late October!!!

so i did mine and got pricing on my families so i could let them know. took me two minutes to get an agent first time i called this morning. been sitting on hold for 36 minutes now......holy cow!
wonder how much longer.

I hope everyone who wanted free dining have been able to get it applied for their October trips. I have decided to switch our trip from Oct free dining to Dec. free dining. I really want to see the Fantasyland expansions items set to open for the Holidays. I think I will have a much better chance at seeing them in Dec. than I would have for Oct.

Wait -were AP rates always open to Sept 29 or did they open that today? I am going Oct 4....I can't take it much longer!!!!! Torture!

The AP rate opened this morning for August 17 - September 29 2012. :surfweb:

Called to add FD this morning. I was only on hold for about 10 minutes, which surprised me. The CM said the wait was much longer earlier (I called around 9:30 central time). For my dates (10/20-27) our booked resort, POFQ, was not available for FD. :( the only mod she had was a pirate room at CB, so we went with that and still saved $500. I didn't expect things to book so quickly for FD!!

I just called and they said my dates were still blacked out, the 11th through the 16th :( oh how I hope they open them up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter