October 2012 Code Watch!!!

We aren't planning on going until October 2013. First Disney family trip since having kids. When is the best time to book? Should I book hotel first, then flights? As a package? Do people usually wait until there's a code for the hotel and/or free dining? I want to make sure that I'm booking at a time to maximize savings. Can you book with a code for the hotel for a certain % off and then also get free dining?

Can't wait until 2013.

The best way to get a pin or discount is to go to the Offical Disney website and register, then price a vacation and save the offer. Your not booking it or paying anything just saving it for later to decide. They also send discounts to people who order the free Disney maps. So go on the Disney website and do those things and check your email and regular mail for offers. It may be to early for them send out discounts or get a price quote for 2013 but you could try. If a better offer comes along before your trip you can call and switch to the better offer. It all depends on what month you visit on if you will get a really good discount or free dining. You can only do one discount offer, you cannot have free dining and a room discount. We always get a magic your way package and book the Disney package before our flights unless we find a cheap flight before. Disney wants you to put $200.00 down when you book then you can make payments on it

Just got the maps I ordered, no PIN with them. :confused3

I've saved I don't know how many vacations, still no discount. Bummer!

You don't get a PIN offer w/the maps. It just puts your info to their attention which may increase your odds of getting a PIN.

I thought from a previous post you could get a pin with the maps.

Yes sometimes they offer a discount and sometimes not. Like my daughter who hasnt went to Disney as much as I have got one and I didnt. We both ordered maps :confused3 She also go a pin by email.

My apologies if this has already been asked & answered, but can you apply a pin to an already booked vacation? I'm planning on going in late October, and am not sure if I should hold off booking in the hopes of getting a code. :confused3

My daughter and I are going in early October for her 21st birthday so we're anxiously awaiting discounts. The discount will help us determine where we are staying.
Anyone have any suggestions on how I can make her milestone birthday even more special? She wants here first drink to be champagne in France.:)

My apologies if this has already been asked & answered, but can you apply a pin to an already booked vacation? I'm planning on going in late October, and am not sure if I should hold off booking in the hopes of getting a code. :confused3

Yes, you can! I've gotten a couple of PINS since booking and have applied 2. the first saved a little. The 2nd saved even more. I received another, but it wasn't as good as the other 2.

Yes, you can! I've gotten a couple of PINS since booking and have applied 2. the first saved a little. The 2nd saved even more. I received another, but it wasn't as good as the other 2.

Yay!!! That is great news, thank you Kelleigh!! :cloud9: Booking my trip tomorrow!

So excited I spent some time on the boards last night. We are in the midst of planning our October trip and knew to hopefully expect some upcoming discount, but did not know about pins. After reading these posts, I remembered something I had gotten in the mail from Disney the other day, but did not really pay attention to it. So glad this board made me decide to go take a look...it was a PIN! Better yet...it was a pin for FREE DINING during the time we planned on going.

Maybe it's beginners luck, but I'm sharing the pixie dust with the rest of you waiting for a code.

So excited I spent some time on the boards last night. We are in the midst of planning our October trip and knew to hopefully expect some upcoming discount, but did not know about pins. After reading these posts, I remembered something I had gotten in the mail from Disney the other day, but did not really pay attention to it. So glad this board made me decide to go take a look...it was a PIN! Better yet...it was a pin for FREE DINING during the time we planned on going.

Maybe it's beginners luck, but I'm sharing the pixie dust with the rest of you waiting for a code.

Can you share your dates please? I'm hoping for FD while there in October too!

Thanks!

Awesome!! Have a great trip with Free Eats!! :cool1:

I'm kind-of code watching, too.....my husband submitted to present at a conference in October - hoping he gets accepted so we can piggyback on his trip and add a few days for family fun. Conference is Oct. 10-12 at Swolphin. Unfortunately, our money pit of a house keeps gobbling up my savings.... had to put new gas lines in yesterday due to a leak....poor piggy is looking skinny!! Come on, PIN code!!

I just got a Pin Code for 30% off any room. I am pretty sure I got it because I was poking around on Disney and trying to price a few different hotels and saved a reservation for the All Star Music Resort. I called and was told I could apply my 30% discount to ANY hotel! We are going to use it towards AOA Cars suite. We were holding out on booking to see if the military discount was extended but this would be the same thing!

YAY!! :cool1:

My daughter and I are going in early October for her 21st birthday so we're anxiously awaiting discounts. The discount will help us determine where we are staying.
Anyone have any suggestions on how I can make her milestone birthday even more special? She wants here first drink to be champagne in France.:)

Have you registered at the Offical Disney site ? Go there and register, order the free custom maps, and the free DVD ? Then save vacation quotes for the dates you will be going. Have your daughter register and do the same. They may send a discount through email or regular mail, so keep an eye out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter