• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2012 Code Watch!!!

Thank you for the info. I had a feeling that week was usually blacked out. Do you happen to know how much the AAA discount is for a moderate resort?

I just saw the info recently and I can't remember exactly. Mousesavers just has a generic "save about 10-20%" but that's not broken down by resort category, and it seems a little low. I'm thinking 20% for Mods. I thought the Deluxe discount was something like 30-35%. And it might also differ based on the time of year, but I'm not sure about that.

If I find the official AAA info that I had, I'll update this post.

Oh, and for anyone who doesn't know...

AAA Discount only applies to the Room portion.

If you want to use the AAA Discount on Room Only, you can book either through a AAA Travel Agent or you can book through Disney direct and ask for the AAA discount.

If you want to book a MYW package, you must book through a AAA TA.

Thank you for the info. I had a feeling that week was usually blacked out. Do you happen to know how much the AAA discount is for a moderate resort?

Does anyone know why that week would be blocked out? I did get a 20% off room only PIN that I can use but was hoping to get something better.

Not sure for a moderate, but my discount was about $55 at a value with AAA for 5 nights/6 days.

After a three-week hiatus, I called again today to see if I had a pin. I was sure she would say no, but lo and behold I had a pin. I had not received any emails with it, but I have to say the last 2 pins I received were all snail mail pins, so maybe it was on its way.

It is for 30% off deluxes and 20% off mods/values. As far as I could tell, it applied to my entire set of dates in October. In comparison to the pin I booked with last year, it worked out about the same, because even though the pin last year was for 40% off, we always go during Columbus Day week, and part of my dates were rack rate last year (blacked out for discount). There was availability in ALL categories, from standard to Club level, so my guess is bookings are not as strong as they originally hoped for. Even the fact that I had a pin points to that, since I had been calling and had not yet received a pin.

So, if you are still waiting for a 30% pin, go ahead and call and specifically ask if you have a pin. :wizard:

We are going Oct 22-29 and I would love to get any pin!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous... should I call and see if I have a pin?:confused3

We are going Oct 22-29 and I would love to get any pin!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous... should I call and see if I have a pin?:confused3

Definitely call. This was my 4th call since January and I had not received any pins by email/mail.

When you got a pin did you already have reservations in place and applied it?

I was already booked for October and I had a PIN when I called a few weeks ago for 30% off.:banana: I know 100% that it was not there before I booked. Still hoping for FD as it would save us even more, but after paying rack rate for room/tickets/QSDP last year, I am happy to have anything this time around.

I would pick a day of the week (i.e. Friday) and then each week on that day, call to see if you have a PIN. You may get 10 "no"s before you get a "yes", and you may not get a "yes" at all, but it doesn't hurt to try. Hoping everyone here gets some pixie dustpixiedust: and magic:wizard:!

I booked our trip on Jan 2 and 2 days later, I received a PIN in the mail. I'm guessing it was on it's way to me when I had already booked. A month later, I got another PIN in the mail. My TA applied the first one and saved is a bit, then when the 2nd one came in the mail, I sent that one to her and she had that one applied - which saved us a lot more.

Well, I just called up and got "Zach" on the phone. We've never gotten a pin by e-mail or snail mail before, and I've never called to ask, so I thought I'd give it a shot. After I spoke to him about our travel dates in October and asked him some questions, I got around to specifically asking him if there were any discount codes under "our" names or address. He said he'd check, so I gave him my name and address, and e-mail address...then he confirmed everything and he sounded upbeat like he had good news for me. Nope. He proceeded to ask what resorts I was interested in, and quoted me full price for the 5 nights. He didn't even ask for my husband's name or e-mail. :sad1: He did say that AP discounts are usually released 6 months before the stay date, but that isn't at all correct in comparison to when AP discounts were released for October last year. Does it sound like I just got a bad CM?

When you got a pin did you already have reservations in place and applied it?

I didn't have a reservation already but, others have been able to apply pin, as long as the dates are not blacked out and there's availability under the pin code. HTH!:flower3:

Talked to a CM and asked about pins.... she proceed to tell me about actual physical pin trading, WTHeck?:rotfl2:

Talked to a CM and asked about pins.... she proceed to tell me about actual physical pin trading, WTHeck?:rotfl2:

:lmao:
You might need to say "I was wondering if I have a PIN Code attached to my name/address for a discount."

Geez, I guess so should I just ask about discount codes?

After saying hello and asking how they are doing today, I'll say, "I was wondering if you could possibly check to see if there are any PIN codes associated with my name or address."

I've never had anyone reply with "First you need to get a lanyard..." :rotfl2:

Good luck!:thumbsup2

After saying hello and asking how they are doing today, I'll say, "I was wondering if you could possibly check to see if there are any PIN codes associated with my name or address."

I've never had anyone reply with "First you need to get a lanyard..." :rotfl2:

Good luck!:thumbsup2

Done and done, no luck this week, maybe next friday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter